Group Deals / Sponsors Forum Find out more information on group deals that are going on for Maxima parts from our Sponsors.

Ok....who wants another group deal on the Viper 791XV alarms

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2004 | 07:08 PM
Curb Rash Repair 100 a wheel

Im with Dj can we get the two remote package?? and maybe some accessories?? window mod?? i need four... Oh and i may get 2 myself, my friend may want one..
So max4mycash approx how many people you got now?
Old 04-26-2004 | 07:18 PM
I tend to get a bit irritable

Originally Posted by Max8MyCash
First of all...DEI cannot void your warranty if you don't have it IS NOT INSTALLED BY A AUTHORIZED DEALER. Here is why....If I choose to install my own alarm, would they not stand behind their product? I think they would, regardless of who installed it.

2) If you have problems with any of them, I will swap you out with no problem, no questions ( I did it on the last group deal for a guy who had a problem with his brain, no questions asked)...
3) Canadian customers, total would be $217 shipped to Canada....

Again, I just want the best deal I can get for myself, and I figured we are all stronger for it, if we all decide to do it together. As for DEI, I am not TRYING to sell their product, I'm not trying to step on their toes, I just got presented with an opportunity to get a great alarm for a great price, and if they can't recognize that....well....

Alex
Alex,

Like I previously posted I am not trying to **** on your thread, just stating facts. There isnt a need for a hostile standpoint. If you were told that the warranty would still be valid you were unfortunately misinformed. DEI has their exclusive lines for a reason. I go to training several times a year and sit through their boring/ but somewhat informative sessions several times a year for a reason. Exclusivity. DEI also has the Hornet line which is available for over the counter sales. On each and every box it clearly states AUTHORIZED DEALER INSTALLATION ONLY. Feel free to contact DEI and see how they feel about over the counter sales.

Again there is no need to take offense to this, I am just answering already asked questions. I have and still do think of you as a respectful business man. Just maybe not fully familiar with some of the restrictions involved here.

--Don
Old 04-26-2004 | 07:49 PM

put me in for 1...yea, how many u got here (and on those other forums)? does the price keep goin down for 40 etc....
Old 04-26-2004 | 08:46 PM

so how many are in now.
Old 04-27-2004 | 12:40 AM
Spelled with a I not a L for Iilac. Prounced Ii-eee-ack.

I am down for one.
Old 04-27-2004 | 06:17 AM

I'm definitely in for 2, possibly 3 of them.
Old 04-27-2004 | 07:15 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member and Maxima.org Sponsor

Don, please don't take any offense, as I am not either. I completely understand where you are coming from, however, they cannot void a warranty on a part I buy over the counter. Period. I would fight with DEI till the day I die for it. So no need to argue there. However, the alarms are being purchased from THEIR largest distributor in the country. So no worries there either. If someone doesn't want to buy it for warranty scare issues, then fine. However, people that know me know I will stand behind it 100%. No questions asked. So if you are worried about DEI and all this warranty BS, please do not attempt to get in on this. However, please do understand that I will replace your alarm free of charge if there are problems. I am getting these from a source I used to work for many years ago, and they've been in business since 1979 here in Arizona. So again, you have MY warranty 100%.

Alex

PS So far, we're up to 18 pieces total.
Old 04-27-2004 | 07:19 AM

Actually, we have a total of 30 now, I just checked the other forums. Let's get to cracking....

You can paypal me to
sales@southwestautoworks.com

I need payment by next Tuesday (7 days). Price is 205 shipped to Cont. USA and $219 to Canada.

Paypal away.

Thanks everyone
Alex
Old 04-27-2004 | 07:23 AM

Don, please don't take any offense, as I am not either. I completely understand where you are coming from, however, they cannot void a warranty on a part I buy over the counter. Period. I would fight with DEI till the day I die for it. So no need to argue there. However, the alarms are being purchased from THEIR largest distributor in the country. So no worries there either. If someone doesn't want to buy it for warranty scare issues, then fine. However, people that know me know I will stand behind it 100%. No questions asked. So if you are worried about DEI and all this warranty BS, please do not attempt to get in on this. However, please do understand that I will replace your alarm free of charge if there are problems. I am getting these from a source I used to work for many years ago, and they've been in business since 1979 here in Arizona. So again, you have MY warranty 100%.

Alex

PS So far, we're up to 18 pieces total.

I wasnt taking offense at all. I dont doubt at all that you would back the issues up either. I dont forsee anyone having problems with the warranty provided they go through you. In no way am I intending any negativity your way. What I am implying is that IF one of these goes to a regular dealer to get it installed and THAT particualr dealer wants to run a trace on the S/N it comes back to you, there could be a problem for you. Ive been there and done that quite a few times to be honest. I'm not trying to get in on the GD just stating info. LoL Ive ran many of my own GDs on these here. and a dealer for years....

BTW..which distributor is the largest that your referring to? You can IM/PM me that if you want it kept of the thread.

--Don
Old 04-27-2004 | 07:27 AM

I don't want it in the thread, and it doesn't matter. They can run a trace all they want, my thing is that I am a consumer, and am not involving this thru my company, as I just want to get this item for the best price possible. If DEI gets mad at that...guess what...they just got 30 of their alarms out there on people's cars. If they are morons, they'll get ****ed. If they're smart business people (which they are), they'll realize its a future advertisement for them....its the same **** that I've put up with for years.

HotShot yelled because our prices were too low
Injen yelled because our prices were too low
Sprint yelled because our prices were too low.... so forth and so on....

So, I am not doing this as a company, I am a consumer and a member of this forum, and am tired of getting ripped off on car electronics. So I said enough.

Alex
Old 04-27-2004 | 07:37 AM

Oh, and the Nissan key bypass (the 555u) is available for an additional $26 (this is if you want the remote start to work).

Thanks
Alex
Old 04-27-2004 | 07:42 AM

Just so you guys and gals know, here is who is participating right now....

www.nissaninfiniticlub.net
www.thevboard.com
www.b15sentra.net
and of course
www.maxima.org

So all together, across four boards, we have a total of 32 units requested, let's just see who actually pays.

Alex
Old 04-27-2004 | 08:20 AM

I'm in but I don't do paypal..Are you sure there are no other methods?
Old 04-27-2004 | 08:49 AM

You can pay by money order to me directly. PM me for my address/info.
Thanks
Alex
Old 04-27-2004 | 10:47 AM

Oh, and the Nissan key bypass (the 555u) is available for an additional $26 (this is if you want the remote start to work).

Thanks
Alex
so w/out this there would be no remote start??
Old 04-27-2004 | 11:29 AM

Correct, if you don't want it to remote start, you don't need it.
Old 04-27-2004 | 12:31 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I wan the alarm and the remote start module. PM me with the total. I will PayPal tonight.

Thanks.
Old 04-27-2004 | 12:36 PM

PMd total.
Thanks
Alex
Old 04-27-2004 | 02:53 PM

Thanks
Alex

hey alex so would it be possible to get some window moduals (im sure at least a hand full of us need it for the front, if not the back windows), for the roll up /down option? and maybe some sirens, possibly the mini piezo siren? THANKS
Old 04-27-2004 | 03:03 PM

I was a potential customer, looking to hop in on the Viper GD as the price is simply amazing. I have a lot of experience in electronics so the install would be very straightforward and easy for me. My only reservation was concerning the "limited" lifetime warranty. I then proceeded to contact DEI (makers of the Viper alarms) at their toll free # of 1-800-876-0800. I explained to them that I wanted to purchase one of their Viper alarms from an internet dealer in order to install it myself. I then asked about the warranty of the product at this point. The lady at DEI told me that DEI does not authorize ANY internet sales of their Viper products and would offer absolutely NO warranty. She proceeded to tell me that NO ONE is authorized to sell Viper alarms "over the counter".

I poked around on their website and found this in their FAQ section:

"10. What is the warranty on DEI Security Products?

• Answer
At DEI there are two warranty categories. Entry level products in our Hornet, Valet, Failsafe and Installation Technology accessories are covered by a one year warranty. Other products in our mid to upper-end range are covered by a limited lifetime warranty when installed by an authorized DEI retailer. "

Personally, this is the killer for me, and thus have decided to bite the bullet and pay the $600 to have it installed, serviced, and warrantied from a local authorized Viper dealer.

-Mike
Old 04-27-2004 | 03:19 PM

No problem at all. Like I said, this is for people that know and trust me personally. As I have stated over and over, if there are problems, I will take care of it for you. For people that don't know/trust me, don't do it. Thanks for the heads-up Mike.

Alex
Old 04-27-2004 | 03:23 PM
Joo wanna play??......ok we go to war

i have bought alot of stuff from Alex and Steve over at SWA and i trust them both that they will cover me if anyhting goes wrong here......
-J
Old 04-27-2004 | 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by namike
I was a potential customer, looking to hop in on the Viper GD as the price is simply amazing. I have a lot of experience in electronics so the install would be very straightforward and easy for me. My only reservation was concerning the "limited" lifetime warranty. I then proceeded to contact DEI (makers of the Viper alarms) at their toll free # of 1-800-876-0800. I explained to them that I wanted to purchase one of their Viper alarms from an internet dealer in order to install it myself. I then asked about the warranty of the product at this point. The lady at DEI told me that DEI does not authorize ANY internet sales of their Viper products and would offer absolutely NO warranty. She proceeded to tell me that NO ONE is authorized to sell Viper alarms "over the counter".

I poked around on their website and found this in their FAQ section:

"10. What is the warranty on DEI Security Products?

• Answer
At DEI there are two warranty categories. Entry level products in our Hornet, Valet, Failsafe and Installation Technology accessories are covered by a one year warranty. Other products in our mid to upper-end range are covered by a limited lifetime warranty when installed by an authorized DEI retailer. "

Personally, this is the killer for me, and thus have decided to bite the bullet and pay the $600 to have it installed, serviced, and warrantied from a local authorized Viper dealer.

-Mike
Hey thanks for the look up but, how about those who will bring it to a authorized DEI retailer?, It shouldnt matter where we get as long as it it installed correctly...i only comment on this because it says that you asked "if [i] installed it myself." have any idea on this question? thanks!!
once again thanks mike for the time in researching.
Old 04-27-2004 | 04:31 PM

Alex can u also PM me total price w/remote start?

Thanx
Alex
Old 04-27-2004 | 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by UCI Maxima
Hey thanks for the look up but, how about those who will bring it to a authorized DEI retailer?, It shouldnt matter where we get as long as it it installed correctly...i only comment on this because it says that you asked "if [i] installed it myself." have any idea on this question? thanks!!
once again thanks mike for the time in researching.
That would fall under the category of being sold AND installed by the dealer. Proof of purchase is required for warranty repair. If one dealer sells it over the counter they are already at fault. If another dealer installs it, they most likely will not be held responsible for warranty issues. None around here are/will. The main reason they do not want or permit over the counter sales is because the "authorized" dealers sit through tons of training and know the product well. Thus avoiding potential problems. Any damage/defect cause by installation is also voided from the warranty. Considering only the brain itself is covered under the lifetime warranty, the install would be your main concern.

--Don
Old 04-27-2004 | 07:42 PM

I've delt with Alex more than a few times in da past and he's a good salesman from what i can tell. If there's a problem he'll take care of u. Cuz there was a problem with me once, and HE TOOK CARE OF IT! So just cuz of that i dont feel at risk to go with this deal personally, yall can do what ya want. But with that said, if we do have problems Alex....that's yo A$$$$$$ !!!!

sike, for real, i'm not worried.
Old 04-27-2004 | 09:45 PM
MK3 Supra and Focus ST

Alex, got a question. Are you including the 2 alarms I asked you to order for me last week in this deal?

-George.
Old 04-27-2004 | 10:13 PM

ALEX you got mail and my money.
Old 04-27-2004 | 11:13 PM
Sports Button FTW

sup alex, my friend is actually interested in getting a Viper 791 but doesnt know anyone thats willing to install it if not purchased by them. We also called Viper to make sure our products would be warrantied if purchased by someone thats not an authorized dealer and they said they would not warranty the units in any way. I'm glad you are bringing good prices to the org and i hope you continue, but i think it would be fair to let people know that these units are brand new but will not be warrantied by viper if there is any issue. My friend would have been dissappointed if he invested in this thinking he was getting a warranty and later found out he wasnt. I have this unit BTW and I love it. Purchased & Installed by authorized dealer.
Old 04-28-2004 | 08:30 AM

Again, I am really going to say this for the last time. If there is a problem with a warranty issue, I will send you another new one to replace. You don't have to go to DEI for warranty, as you would get it warrantied from me. I don't know how many times I've said that in this thread, but this is the last time.

I
WILL
WARRANTY
YOUR
ALARM
IF
YOU
HAVE
PROBLEMS
not DEI.
Let me handle it on my end if anything goes wrong, but you won't need to.

Alex
Old 04-28-2004 | 11:14 AM

Alex,

when do we have to pay by? would i be able to get in on this if i paypal u on wed?? next week.

Thanx
Old 04-28-2004 | 11:31 AM

That would be fine, if you are down for sure. I will begin shipping them on Wednesday.
Thanks
Alex
Old 04-28-2004 | 12:29 PM

Why is everyone so worried about the warrantee? You probably won't ever need to use your warantee. Like I said back on page 1, DEI makes a great product. And the Viper line is their top of the line. Go to DEI's website. It's www.directed.com. See how many name brand alarm companies they own. They obviously know what they are doing. There is a reason that DEI puts a lifetime warantee on their Viper line. It's cause they don't think you will ever have a problem with it. It's that well built. If you do have a problem, Alex has already said he would swap it out for you. So, I don't see what the big deal is. Alight, with that said, I wanted to clear things up with the 555U. What the 555U does is simulate a key being in the ignition so that the car recognizes the key when trying to remote start. This is only necessary if your car has the chip in the key. If you have ever tried to get an extra key made, you will know if you have the chip. It will either be like 10 buck or 100 bucks to get a key made. The reason is because the chip has to be programmed for your car to recognize it. The chip is usually only found in newer cars. I am not sure when they started doing the chip on the Maxima, but I believe it was either 2000 or 2002. A simple call to the local Nissan dealer will tell anyone who wants to know (I used to work at one before Circuit City, but it was about a year and a half ago and have forgot by now). Also, for the 555U to recognize the key, a key has to be put in the transponder and hid in the vehicle. Any professional alarm installer will know how to do this, but just a heads up - you will loose one of these expensive keys. Also, DEI makes a few window automation modules, but many of them control 2 windows. And Maximas are one of the hardest cars to do window mods on. You will have to run the wires into each door. Our car is one of the dozen cars models that this is needed on. It's not hard to do, just very time consuming. When I did mine, it took me about 4 hours and I am an installer at Circuit City. With all of that being said, Alex, what date do you need payment by. I am 100% that I will get at least 1 of these, just want to make sure I don't miss the deadline. I know you said next Tuesday, but what date are you talking about. Anybody have questions about this or anything else alarm related, feel free to ask me, either here or by PM.
Old 04-28-2004 | 04:46 PM

so from what u sayin, i got a 98 se so i dont need da 555u ?
Old 04-28-2004 | 07:43 PM

Paypal Paid for one 791xv and two 555u chips. thanks!.
Old 04-29-2004 | 07:20 AM

Got it UCI, thanks.

As for the 555u, only the chipped keys need them, so more than likely all 99+ Maximas will need them.

Thanks
Alex
Old 04-29-2004 | 07:23 AM

Paypal Paid for one 791xv and two 555u chips. thanks!.

just wondering y u would need 2??
Old 04-29-2004 | 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by PearlWhtMaX2000
just wondering y u would need 2??

oh one is for my friend, he got a clifford 2.5 matrix alarm and needs the 555u chip too.... altima friend hahha.
Old 04-29-2004 | 08:42 AM

how much for 530t? what module do i use to control the sunroof? i was told it uses 529t.
Old 04-29-2004 | 10:26 AM

oh one is for my friend, he got a clifford 2.5 matrix alarm and needs the 555u chip too.... altima friend hahha.
oh ok i c

Quick Reply: Ok....who wants another group deal on the Viper 791XV alarms