Group Deals / Sponsors Forum Find out more information on group deals that are going on for Maxima parts from our Sponsors.

Cattman Headers for the 95-03 Max are here - save $100 on GD

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2004, 11:34 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Cattman Headers for the 95-03 Max are here - save $100 on GD

Another batch of Cattman headers will be here by the middle of next week. We ordered enough to run a small group deal at the front end. There are 8 sets available at $695, $100 below off the regular price of $795.

Order with a Cattman Catback s/s exhaust to create the ultimate complete exhaust system for a package price of $1249, regularly $1420.

Call in orders to 800.820.759.9920 8-5MST, M-F. We should be shipping by the end of next week - no CCs charged until the part's out the door.

Product description:

Cattman header and downpipe assembly, everything from the cylinder heads to the cat, for all 95-03 Maximas and 95-04 I30/I35s. Longer-primary and near-equal length design is unique to the Cattman headers - because the manifolds aren't designed around an existing y-pipe - and the performance is unequalled as a result. THE #1 bolt-on part for the VQ engine series, making power across the entire RPM range and good for 18-22+ whp over stock on VQ30DE engines and better than that on VQ35DEs. Ceramic-coated carbon steel with HPC HiPerCoat on the manifolds and HiPerCoat Extreme on the downpipe - meaning more horsepower, lower engine bay temperatures, and a 3-year corrosion warranty from HPC USA.

The sound the headers make is fantastic, completely different from a y-pipe. You can hear the individual detonations rather then a blended sound. Customers tell us they love the power, but they seem to go nuts over the sound.

The headers include all necessary gaskets, hardware and instructions for installation (which should involve a good mechanic). Maximas and I30s with 99-01 CA/NLEV-emissions Maximas and I30s, and all 02/03 Maximas and 02-04 I35s must relocate the rear two 02 sensors from the stock y-pipe to the exhaust mid-pipe, just downstream from the catalytic convertor. O2 relocation is not necessary for any 95-98s or 99-00 Maximas/I30s with Federal emissions.

Be aware that because installation requires the removal of the factory pre-cats, this part is designed for racing purposes only. Use of this part on the street or highway is a violation of Federal law in the United States. However, installation of this part does not affect the normal operation of the primary catalytic convertor.

Here's a picture:

The appearance of the incoming batch differs slightly from the picture. The manifolds are silver HiPerCoat (as shown above), but the tubing below them has HPCs highest quality coating, HiPerCoat Extreme, and are light grey.

Don't look for these on our "old" website, but they'll be on the long awaited new Cattman site (at $795), which is expected by the end of the month.

Brian C Catts
Cattman Performance
Old 07-10-2004, 06:26 PM
Old Maxima Legend

It's good to see a group deal on these !
Old 07-10-2004, 07:08 PM
Future Camaro SS owner

how long is this GD going to last. I need to save money. and since I am moving I need to wait a little.
Old 07-10-2004, 07:29 PM
Banned

Brian, is this GD $695 price for the headers include shipping? If so, I maybe interested.

I'll say, with the header issues the competitor companies are having, you would definetly dominate the 3.5 market with these GD's!
Old 07-10-2004, 07:39 PM

hmmm, so the header unit actually replaces the y-pipe as well? So TECHNICALLY, you pay $695 for the Cattman y-pipe AND the headers? Since Cattman usually charges (correct me if I am wrong) $350 for JUST the y-pipe, that means that these amazing headers are being sold for $345! Not bad at all!!
Old 07-10-2004, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Ceasars Chariot
It's good to see a group deal so more Maxima owners can put the headers on their cars.
When I was getting my headers, I was only really thinking about the power part, but when you get them installed on the car - you really realize you get so much more which is exciting for Maxima enthusiasts.

I'll never forget when I went to pick up the chariot several mechanics were hanging out and they were all smiling. Each of them were very impressed with quality, fitment, and the sound ! Of course I was really excited about this, and had to test out the car for myself. I was expecting it to sound better, but wasn't prepared for the total transformation the headers provide !

Since I've had the headers on, there is no drone at ANY RPM - it's completely gone. The sound is really aggressive and clean, it gives the Maxima a sporty exhaust note, which is totally different than the Y-Pipe, and much, much better.
I finally have an exhaust sound that I can show off and not be embarassed of !

Fun factor on the car is off the charts, the car is so amazing to drive, my wife has to chain me up to keep me from driving off all the time, it's that good. To me, I finally have a sports sedan, it's like having a new car.

Another thing that I like, is how good the headers look under the hood, no need for the heat shields anymore. I also like to take weight off the car anywhere I can and with the headers I took off another 9 pounds vs. the old y pipe set-up.

Basically, if you love the experience of driving, the headers heighten the experience so much more, making the car so much more fun to drive. When you hear that exhaust, you just want to get in there and drive all the highways, backroads, and city streets - anywhere you can open the car up.

Kudos Brian for making this deal available for other Maxima owners ! The headers make the Maxima a better car ! I love 'em and they're my favorite mod so far.
Hey ceasar! got any sound clips of these headers in action (idle/WOT)?
Old 07-10-2004, 11:08 PM
Sports Button FTW

not even looking at power, the compliments these get just from sound makes me want to get them. By any chance ceaser or cattman, can u get a few short video clips of these headers in action? i would like to hear a before and after sound of them. I can only imagine how aggressive yet non raspy these may sound.
Old 07-10-2004, 11:26 PM
aka UNCDooD

this group deal is making it a very tough decision as to whether i want to do cams or headers next. I think as soon as my truck is sold I will probably do the headers. Hopefully I can do this before the end of the month.
Old 07-11-2004, 06:25 AM
Old Maxima Legend

check your PM's
Old 07-11-2004, 06:37 AM
Joo wanna play??......ok we go to war

check your PM's
hey coudl you pm me a soundclip as well??
-J
Old 07-11-2004, 07:22 AM
Banned

check your PM's
I didn't get a pm
Old 07-11-2004, 07:53 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Ceasar, after all the conversations that we've had and now a GD, its really got me thinking!! lol... damn you!!!

How many hours of labour did you get charged to install these and was it the dealership or an outside shop that did it?
Old 07-11-2004, 08:09 AM

check your PM's
Is there any way passing some of those sound clips over this way? I'm really interested.

-Chris
Old 07-11-2004, 08:48 AM
Old Maxima Legend

I will send what I have over to you guys, I recently lost all my files that were being hosted and im working on getting them back up.
Old 07-11-2004, 09:01 AM

ceasar, let me know if you need someone to host the clips.
Old 07-11-2004, 09:08 AM
OG :)

so the header unit actually replaces the y-pipe as well?

I'd like a sound clip as well..
Old 07-11-2004, 09:18 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

i think im gonna have to jump on this GD, i need a final price so i know what to expect, shipping included to 13209
Old 07-11-2004, 09:22 AM

Any independant dyno comparisons (02/03 preferably)?
Old 07-11-2004, 09:51 AM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Originally Posted by MyownNismo
how long is this GD going to last. I need to save money. and since I am moving I need to wait a little.
The GD will last until a total of 10 header sets are sold, and two are gone already.

BCC
Old 07-11-2004, 09:52 AM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Originally Posted by VQPowerSE
Brian, is this GD $695 price for the headers include shipping? If so, I maybe interested.

I'll say, with the header issues the competitor companies are having, you would definetly dominate the 3.5 market with these GD's!

Hope its not a deal breaker for you, but shipping is not included.

Brian C Catts
Cattman Performance
Old 07-11-2004, 09:55 AM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Originally Posted by Kenneth
so the header unit actually replaces the y-pipe as well?

I'd like a sound clip as well..

Yes, the header manifolds and y-pipe are designed as one system. You can't create a competetive header system around a standard aftermarket y-pipe because its meant to bolt to the stock manifolds - the downpipes are too high and set off to one side.

Brian C Catts
Cattman Performance
Old 07-11-2004, 09:58 AM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Originally Posted by mclarke
i think im gonna have to jump on this GD, i need a final price so i know what to expect, shipping included to 13209

My ordering service has their own shipping calculator, so I can't provide a precise quote, but it should be roughly $35 from Arizona to you.

Brian C Catts
Cattman Performance
Old 07-11-2004, 10:21 AM
Old Maxima Legend

optimus 310 has the headers on his 4th gen.
Old 07-11-2004, 10:48 AM
aka UNCDooD

I hope my truck sells before the rest of them are gone!
Old 07-11-2004, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by UNCDooD
this group deal is making it a very tough decision as to whether i want to do cams or headers next. I think as soon as my truck is sold I will probably do the headers. Hopefully I can do this before the end of the month.
don't the jwt cams have a similar effect as a mevi - moving the power from the low-end to the top-end (though the mevi frees up more hp higher up than is lost low down)? If that's remotely correct, man I'd take the headers any day.
Old 07-11-2004, 03:18 PM
VIP Maxima

can you pm me the sound clip as well??

Old 07-11-2004, 06:10 PM
Still Here... IM me for more..

If anyone wants to see pics of the headers installed, check out my cardomain site.

also, if you're in southern cali, my buddy tony can install them for you... you can email him from the link on the cardomain site too. You can also see my dyno sheets that shows the hp jump after installing them...

For anyone on the fence about getting the headers, and wondering what kind of performance you'll get.... All I can say is that the cattman headers, with the cattman catback exhaust, sounds incredible!!

The performance increase is sustantial and you'll definitely feel the difference...

I paid full price for my headers and exhaust, and even though I'm only a little bitter about missing out on this G.D., I can honestly say that they were one of the BEST mods I did...

Jump on this you guys, I guarantee you won't be disappointed!!
Old 07-11-2004, 06:42 PM

This sounds very tempting... BUT it might be a problem for me

I had to do emissions on my 95 this year and I failed until I put my stock y-pipe back on (after which the car's emissions were next to nothing on all readings). If I hypothetically have to swap my pre-cats back on every 2 years, wouldn't the Cattman headers be quite impractical for me?

Or is there a way to "unbolt" the y-pipe part of the headers and swap my stock one back on just for emissions, just the way I do it now?
Old 07-11-2004, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by speedemn

I had to do emissions on my 95 this year and I failed until I put my stock y-pipe back on (after which the car's emissions were next to nothing on all readings). If I hypothetically have to swap my pre-cats back on every 2 years, wouldn't the Cattman headers be quite impractical for me?

Or is there a way to "unbolt" the y-pipe part of the headers and swap my stock one back on just for emissions, just the way I do it now?
swapping out the headers for the stock exhaust, getting the smog test and then swapping the headers back in might be an all weekend event - BUT you'll still be driving around for 2 years with the headers...

you'll see what kind of performance the headers give you, as soon as your car is choked down with the stock system back on. Think of it as a reminder, every 2 years, of why the stock system sucks... and why you go through the trouble.

as for unbolting just the y-pipe section, no, you can't do anything like that.
Old 07-11-2004, 09:36 PM

i'm down for this deal, they better still be there on wednesday or thursday... i need to head down to tucson to get my transcripts from UA so can i just pick these up in person... i'll gove you a call about it tomorrow!
Old 07-11-2004, 10:03 PM

Hey this may be newbie but i thought i heard once that cattman makes headers for the 3 rd Gen 89-94 Maxima.... Is this tru or not?
Old 07-12-2004, 07:13 AM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Originally Posted by xMaxed90x
Hey this may be newbie but i thought i heard once that cattman makes headers for the 3 rd Gen 89-94 Maxima.... Is this tru or not?

They're available on a special order basis for the VG30E, but unless you wanted to pay some outrageous shipping (to just send one set from NZ) you'll need to wait for the next batch of VQ30/35DE headers. Probably a couple months from now.

Brian C Catts
Cattman Performance
Old 07-12-2004, 04:22 PM
Old Maxima Legend

007 your max is coming along fast
Old 07-12-2004, 06:31 PM

Im going to buy your headers, I just have to deposit the money into my bank account, and then wait for it to get verified. I want to know how much shipping will be to 33183. What company are you gonna ship them with?. Will you provide a tracking number?. And how long do you think it will be before I get them. Thanks

-Jon
Old 07-12-2004, 07:14 PM
wat

Oh damnit, i want these so bad, im really gonna have to earn some cash fast.....
Old 07-12-2004, 09:42 PM

bump ! anyone placed an order, im curious as to who is getting these bad boys ?

007 your getting that max of yours hooked up, good job , she is going to be sweet !
thanks man. when did ur bodykit go on? i think i missed that
Old 07-20-2004, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by speedemn

Another thing... People all over the org with performance y-pipes pass emissions every day (at least cars with s/s Cattman y-pipes do - maybe the mild steel y-pipes lose too much heat before reaching the main cat). What you may want to do is replace your main cat with a good 3-way cat at some point before your next emissions test.

Any good quality cat should solve the emissions issue - but if you wait and get the new Cattman MetalCat (that I hear Cattman is working on) you may pick up some power too.
Old 07-20-2004, 10:53 PM

No what i am looking at for a set of the Vg Headers and how much...? B\c i got the Pacesetters on there but i was lookin for somtin better when i do ma engine swap... i was just gonna go back to stock manifolds and the extra warpspeed pipe i have that is brand new....?
Old 07-21-2004, 09:20 AM

Brian Catts,

Do you have your PM's turned off, I'm unable to send you PM's. How much would shipping be to 92614 for just the headers?
Old 07-21-2004, 10:10 AM

Ceasar's Chariot, did you get the sound clips hosted yet? I'd really like to hear how they sound.

Quick Reply: Cattman Headers for the 95-03 Max are here - save $100 on GD