Group Deals / Sponsors Forum Find out more information on group deals that are going on for Maxima parts from our Sponsors.

Guaging Interest in Protection for Cefiro One Piece Headlights.

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2004, 07:41 AM

Protection for Cefiro Headlights and other front end lights FOR SALE NOW!

Who would be interested in purchasing these once they are available????

THE STORY:
Well, I contacted Stone Guard about the Cefiro One Piece Headlights and asked them if they make protectors for them. Of course they don't, so I asked them if they would consider making them specifically for the Cefiro One Piece Headlights.

I told them about the Org. and how the Cefiro Headlights were one of the major mods everyone did on here and how I thought they would be able to sell these to us IF they custome made them.

The guy got back to me and said they will custom make them for us and will NOT charge us a design fee!!! All he asked was that I spread the word about Stone Guard!!! FREEEEKIN SWEEEET!!!!

I am going to order the Cefiros tonight and send Stone Guard one of the headlamps for design purposes. He said once the design is done, it will be about 2 weeks before we can order them.

Here is the website to Stone Guard for those of you interested in their products and what they do. I have used the headlight protectors on other cars and they work freekin great!!! You can't even tell they are there.

www.stoneguard.com

If anyone wants these when they are done, please let me know and I will make sure to tell them for you. You can email me if you would like to at drmonkey1313@***.net
Old 09-04-2004, 10:23 AM

let me know what the price is gonna be. Mine arent installed yet so i can send em in if need be
Old 09-04-2004, 10:32 AM
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake

see if you can have the insert a paintable fender filler so it will fit perfectly and fill in the freakin gap.
Old 09-04-2004, 10:48 AM

I believe the price is going to be about $59 for the Cefiro Headlights, fog lights and cornering lights protection.
Old 09-04-2004, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Dr.Monkey1313
I believe the price is going to be about $59 for the Cefiro Headlights, fog lights and cornering lights protection.
your missing the most important thing, the gap!
Old 09-04-2004, 12:15 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Yeah, I was thinking maybe he could see how they fit on a maxima and try to do a better form on the fender side. Thats the only thing keeping me from buuying cefiros
Old 09-04-2004, 12:44 PM

a couple things.

first: i agree with the other guys, i want oem like fitment, no damn gap.

second: what are protectors do you mean projectors?

third: i am interested if the price is fairly decent.

Tony
Old 09-04-2004, 12:45 PM

also, would they consider doing a black housing for us?

Tony
Old 09-04-2004, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Jade95Maxima
also, would they consider doing a black housing for us?

Tony
protectors are headlight covers that are clear. i think the i30 headlight protector covers are the same size as the cefiro's .
Old 09-04-2004, 03:13 PM

who needs headlight protectors, its a piece of plastic, if youa re in a accident you are fcked.

Tony
Old 09-04-2004, 05:31 PM
Turtle turtle... Moderator

Originally Posted by Jade95Maxima
who needs headlight protectors, its a piece of plastic, if youa re in a accident you are fcked.

Tony

its to protect aganist rock chips, dings, crap like that.
Old 09-04-2004, 05:32 PM
Turtle turtle... Moderator

oh....id be interested in a set...
Old 09-04-2004, 08:29 PM

LOL, yeah, these are PROTECTORS for your headlights. It is basically a thin piece of plastic/rubber like CLEAR material that sticks onto your headlight and other lights on the front of your car. You can not tell they are on there unless you get close up to your lights and look for it. It protects the headlights from rocks, chips, scratches and yellowing. They can withstand a rock hitting your headlight at up to 160 miles per hour without even a scratch. I have used them on other cars of mine and they are great!

BASICALLY: these protect your headlights from the above mentioned so you don't have to replace them because they get beat up. We all know how expensive headlights can be these days!

For more info on this stuff, please check out www.stoneguard.com.

They also make protection for your paint (hood, fenders, bumpers as well)

Hope that info helped. LET ME KNOW if you need any more clearification.
Old 09-04-2004, 08:33 PM

Oh, sorry, forgot to talk about the gap. I have an Infiniti I30, so from my understanding, I don't have a gap with the Cefiro Headlights. It sounds like you Maxima guys have a gap with them correct???

I don't think that the Stone Guard would be able to do anything for you as far as the gap goes. The Stone Guard company doesn't MOD or Create your Headlight asssembly, they just make a plastic/rubber like clear material that goes on your headlights. Does that make sense? I think the only thing for the gap would be weather stripping or something to that effect? I don't know though because I have not seen what it looks like on the max. Anyone have pics of the gap? I would be glad to help you out with some ideas or something if you want.

Did this help????
Old 09-04-2004, 09:00 PM

requires some extra weather stripping and possibly some cutting on a maxima. I can probably garuntee you these wont be huge sellers, unless people already have Cefiro one piece headlights.
Old 09-04-2004, 09:13 PM

Not looking for this to be a huge seller. It all started when I decided to purchase my Cefiro One Piece Headlights for my I30. I am not spending hundreds on dollars on something only to have a rock or something chip it or crack it OR to have it turn yellow on me because of the sun or whatever, so i wanted to make sure I could buy something to protect my investment. That's when I contacted Stone Guard to see if they could help. Turns out they can.

That's really it. I just thought I would let everyone else know that if they have Cefiros or are planning on getting some, they can now get the protection so they will look new for years and years and years.
Old 09-05-2004, 12:50 AM

oh yea for 59 bucks im all over that I hate rock dings n headlights and for that prince it is good piece of mind
Old 09-05-2004, 09:12 AM

i think its the same thing as the 3m clear bra.
Old 09-14-2004, 06:17 AM

Alright everyone, Here is an update.

This morning I sent my Cefiro headlights to StoneGuard for the design process. I spoke with them yesterday and they are waiting for the headlight to get there and will start designing immediately. Like I said before, it will be about two weeks before they are ready, so I will get back on here and let you know as soon as they are available.

For anyone who is still skeptical, THIS IS HAPPENING and the Cefiro headlight protection WILL be available within the next month at the latest.

The price is going to be AT OR LESS than $59 for the following:
(NOTE: this package is for the I30 front lights only since the I30 and Maxima front lights are different)

1) Cefiro one piece headlight protection
2) The cornering light protection
3) The fog light protection

I will talk to StoneGuard today and find out what it will cost for the Maxima front lights package, but I am almost 100% sure it will be the same price.

Anyone interested in either of these packages, please email me at drmonkey1313@***.net and let me know and I can keep you updated via email.

Thanks guys and have a great day!
Old 09-23-2004, 07:51 PM

They are done!!! WHO WANTS THEM???????

I received a call tonight from StoneGuard and they told me the Cefiro headlight protection is complete and ready for sale.

StoneGuard said through the end of October, they will give all Org. Members a 20% discount on their order. Just call them to place the order and mention Maxima.org to receive the discount.

http://www.stoneguard.com/sgcontent/shop.asp This link should take you to the price for the Cefiro light kit. For protection of the headlights, Fog lights, and Cornering lights, it is $59.00 (keep in mind, that kit fits the lights on the 1996 to 1999 Infiniti I30's) Meaning, of course the headlight protection will fit all Cefiros, BUT the rest of the front end lights (fog and cornering lights) are the ones on the above mentioned cars.

In the search area on the link above, type in Cefiro and you will see the price.

The Cefiro protection will be a regular product for sale from StoneGuard from now on according to them.

Enjoy!!!

PS. I told you all this would happen.
Old 09-24-2004, 06:53 AM

OK everybody, I have had some questions regarding what is included in this protection kit, so let me explain.

The $59.00 gets you the following:

For the 1996 to 1999 Infiniti I30

2 X Cefiro One Piece Headlight Protection
2 X Fog Light Portection
2 X Cornering Light Protection

For the 1996 to 1999 Maxima

2 X Cefiro One Piece Headlight Protection
2 X Turn Signal Protection

They offer Fog Light Protection for Maxima as well, but I am not sure if it is included (just call and ask)

Did that make sense? Just let me know if you need more clarification.

www.stoneguard.com
Old 09-24-2004, 01:42 PM

Im in, just keep us posted when the project comes to a completed status.

Thanks.

JP
Old 09-24-2004, 04:29 PM

THIS IS AVAILABLE NOW!!! GO TO www.stoneguard.com OR CALL them and order yours!!!

We don't need a certain number of people in order to buy these, if you want them right now, then go to the website and order them.

I was just helping them to create these because they did not exist until now.

I will post a new thread in here to make the easier.
Old 09-25-2004, 12:35 AM

GREAT WORK! Thanks!

JP
Old 11-20-2005, 06:13 PM

I can't find these. Anybody know where I can get protection for my lights. Also, I want to smoke them -- so post links if you have info on that=p