Group Deals / Sponsors Forum Find out more information on group deals that are going on for Maxima parts from our Sponsors.

Cattman Header System pre-sale for $700

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2004, 12:48 AM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Cattman Header System pre-sale for $700

I said we wouldn't do the big header deal again, but we've got a whole bunch of Cattman headers on the way from New Zealand. There are so many coming that it would be useful to raise a little cash up front, so here's the deal.

Just like last time, we're selling 10 sets at $700 each, but you'll save even more because the retail price will probably go up from $795 to $825 as the US$ sinks even further against the mighty NZ$.

What has changed is that this deal requires a little more patience than the last one because these sale headers need to be fully paid for up front, with a bit of a wait until they arrive.

We'll start taking orders by credit card or check immediately, with a 10-set cutoff (to be clear, its not a minimum of 10 orders, that's the maximum). Unlike our regular policy, orders will be charged when placed rather than when the product ships. We will take orders up to the day they ship by air from New Zealand (around 22-24 September), and then that's the end of the sale. I'll expect them to arrive at my warehouse 8-9 days later.

Orders can be placed by calling Cattman Performance at 520.730.9309. For those who are familiar with our ordering process, I'll mention that these calls are coming to the Cattman office rather than our ordering service, so product and technical questions can be answered.

Here's a second chance for the folks who didn't get in on the last header sale - call early, don't miss out a again. If you don't want to wait, we still have a couple of sets in stock for immediate shipment at $795.

Also, I'll mention that this upcoming batch will include plugs for the EGR port, for 02/03 VQ35DE installations (which have no EGR valve).

Brian C Catts
Cattman Performance
Old 09-10-2004, 06:46 AM
Future Camaro SS owner

me saving the cash.
Old 09-10-2004, 06:56 AM
The Definitive AE Master

brian, how much does shipping usually run?
Old 09-10-2004, 09:14 AM
I miss the .org!

Will have to think about this one...$700 makes it a bit more realistic for me...
Old 09-10-2004, 09:42 AM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Originally Posted by Larrio
brian, how much does shipping usually run?
Since we're in AZ, it cheap to California - about $15-18, depending on if you're in the south or north.

BCC
Old 09-10-2004, 11:32 AM
Need A Light?

Brian how would this setup sound on a 2k2 6spd.....GAB,Cattman headers,stock cat,warpspeed bpipe and stock muffler? would i get the full sound experience from the cattman headers even with the stock muffler?

anyway count me in on this GD....theres no time limit right? just once they sell out...they sell out?
Old 09-10-2004, 11:58 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

What's the best deal I can get if I buy the Headers and Catback? If I add both GD's the price comes to 1265.00 (700+565), can I get a further discount or is that lowest you can go? Thanks Brian.
Old 09-10-2004, 12:00 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Originally Posted by steven88
Brian how would this setup sound on a 2k2 6spd.....GAB,Cattman headers,stock cat,warpspeed bpipe and stock muffler? would i get the full sound experience from the cattman headers even with the stock muffler?

anyway count me in on this GD....theres no time limit right? just once they sell out...they sell out?

You'd definitely hear the difference, but with the stock muffler you're giving up a little power, the tone will be a little higher pitched, and the volume won't be as loud. I'm not that familiar with the Warpspeed b-pipe, but would mention that a good resonator is key to the quality of sound that you'll get from the headers or a performance y-pipe.

The sale will end when we have sold 10 units or around September 22-24, whichever happens first.

Thanks for your interest!

Brian C Catts
Cattman Performance
Old 09-10-2004, 12:21 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Originally Posted by frankieduxAE
What's the best deal I can get if I buy the Headers and Catback? If I add both GD's the price comes to 1265.00 (700+565), can I get a further discount or is that lowest you can go? Thanks Brian.
I don't have much room left on these, but can round the price off to $1250. The transaction will involve paying for everything at the time of the order - we'll send the catback immediately and the header when it arrives in early October.

Give me a call at 520.730.9309 when you're ready to order.

Brian C Catts
Cattman Performance
Old 09-10-2004, 01:25 PM

Brian, can you confirm if these fit the 04 maximas. If not then do you guys plan on doing any parts for our cars including headers.
Old 09-10-2004, 01:48 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor

04+ Maxima headers

Originally Posted by Glude
Brian, can you confirm if these fit the 04 maximas. If not then do you guys plan on doing any parts for our cars including headers.

The 95-03 (and 04 I35s) headers will not fit your 04, but what a setup line, I was just thinking about needing to post this information. This next batch of headers will include 2 newly designed 04+ Maxima header sets that are being sent for evaluation. Tests in New Zealand indicate that these increase engine hp by over 10%, but we'll want to do our own dyno runs here.

One 04 set will be ceramic coated, ready for installation. This set will be sold at a moderate discount to somebody here in Arizona so I can be on hand for the dyno testing. This set will only be sold for a Maxima w/ automatic transmission, because that's the car they were designed on (there are no 6Ms in New Zealand), and since the stock y-pipes are somewhat different on 6-speeds and automatics, I can't assume that these headers will fit a 6-speed. It would be best if the buyer had a performance catback exhaust already on the car

Anticipating this, the second set will be sent "raw" without any ceramic coating so that we can check the fit on a 6-speed, and if its not just right, we'll cut and weld to mock up a re-aligned version and then send it back for fabrication. If it does fit - and I won't be surprised if it does - whoever is working with us can keep the part (they may want to have it coated and re-installed). If the part doesn't fit, the customer pays nothing. If it does fit, the customer only pays for installation (and the coating if they want it) - otherwise the part will be free in return for that person's cooperation.

All of this work will have to be done in Arizona, so I'd like to hear from any AZ '04 owners that might be interested in this.

Brian C Catts
Cattman Performance
Old 09-10-2004, 01:58 PM

Ok, well as soon you get those 04 headers ready, Il probably be down for a set. I already have an aftermarket exhaust but i was un aware that the auto a 6 speeds have different y pipes. oh well, keep us updated.
Old 09-10-2004, 02:28 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Originally Posted by Glude
Ok, well as soon you get those 04 headers ready, Il probably be down for a set. I already have an aftermarket exhaust but i was un aware that the auto a 6 speeds have different y pipes. oh well, keep us updated.

Yeah, they stock 04 y-pipes are not just different part #s, I've seen the two parts side-by-side and there are significant differences in one of the downpipe alignments. But since the headers eliminate all of this stuff, it may not be an problem unless we run into a clearance issue with the transaxle or something like that.

BCC
Old 09-10-2004, 02:49 PM
Future Camaro SS owner

does this include or not include the install kit with gasket.
Old 09-10-2004, 06:29 PM
Need A Light?

Brian i just noticed that u said something about the EGR port for the 02/03 that this next upcoming batch will come with.....what does that mean? Do i still have to re-locate my o2 sensors to the bpipe? and if i do....should i call warpspeed ahead of time and tell them to drill 2 o2 sensor bungs into the bpipe?

Anyway I hope to do business with u next week....i'll prob give u a call mon or tue to place my order.....hope u can pull it off at $715 shipped to my front door (so cali)....thanks!
Old 09-10-2004, 07:21 PM

Hey Brian, that is tempting, just so you know I ordered the mid-pipe 2-3 days ago, spoke with Laurie she was very nice. I'll see if I can dig a little more on the cc but that wont be before a week or two. If it's ok with you then count me in.

Cheers

AA
Old 09-11-2004, 02:07 AM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Originally Posted by MyownNismo
does this include or not include the install kit with gasket.
A complete installation kit - all gaskets, nuts, bolts, and even D-washers to put under the nuts on the manifold flanges - is included.

Brian C Catts
Cattman Performance
Old 09-11-2004, 02:26 AM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Originally Posted by steven88
Brian i just noticed that u said something about the EGR port for the 02/03 that this next upcoming batch will come with.....what does that mean? Do i still have to re-locate my o2 sensors to the bpipe? and if i do....should i call warpspeed ahead of time and tell them to drill 2 o2 sensor bungs into the bpipe?

Anyway I hope to do business with u next week....i'll prob give u a call mon or tue to place my order.....hope u can pull it off at $715 shipped to my front door (so cali)....thanks!

All of these headers have EGR ports on the back manifold, but the 02/03 Maxima and 02-04 I35 (VQ35DE) engines do not require that port and it needs to be plugged. I'll receive some threaded plugs with this upcoming batch that we'll include when they're sold to VQ35-owners.

This does not affect the need to move the two "post pre-cat" sensors to the b-pipe, which has to be done on all VQ35DEs. Sure you don't want a s/s Cattman B-pipe (all flanges, no clamps) to go with your Cattman headers? The current price of a B-pipe when purchased with a header is $255, and you can get it with one O2 port in it already (by request).

Brian C Catts
Cattman Performance
Old 09-11-2004, 02:32 AM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Originally Posted by doublea
Hey Brian, that is tempting, just so you know I ordered the mid-pipe 2-3 days ago, spoke with Laurie she was very nice. I'll see if I can dig a little more on the cc but that wont be before a week or two. If it's ok with you then count me in.

Cheers

AA
Thanks for the order, you should see it around the middle of next week. See what you can do, the header and B-pipe are a potent combination and sound great too.

You'll probably be fine to order any time in this coming week, but the cutoff is 10 units and I'm not sure how long it will take to be fully subscribed.

Brian C Catts
Cattman Performance
Old 09-12-2004, 05:44 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Hopefully I will beable to get the money before 10 orders are filled, but it will be about 2 weeks after the 22-24th before I'll have gotten that money.

I'll be saving and watching this thread.......
Old 09-12-2004, 08:22 AM
The Definitive AE Master

yea, same here. Want in on this deal but hopefully I get it before the 10 cut off point. Brian, can you tell us how many you got so far?
Old 09-12-2004, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Triple8Sol
Will have to think about this one...$700 makes it a bit more realistic for me...
And $150 from that make it realistic to me(LOL)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Deffinitely will get, one day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-12-2004, 11:29 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Originally Posted by Larrio
yea, same here. Want in on this deal but hopefully I get it before the 10 cut off point. Brian, can you tell us how many you got so far?

We took two orders on Friday. Phones upen up at 8am MST (same as West Coast) tomorrow (Monday) - 520.730.9309 - till 6pm, all week.

BCC
Old 09-13-2004, 05:03 AM
Pointy Elbows

Hmmm... this is tempting, but considering I'll have to pay to get it installed, I'm going to buy rims/tires first.
Old 09-13-2004, 10:34 AM

Brian, are there any left??? If so, how much would it cost plus shipping to my door? NY area code #11362.
Old 09-13-2004, 12:23 PM

Brian,

I wanted to thank you for all your help on the forums as well as actively responding to the e-mails we send you. I installed the headers on my 02 and enjoy them. I do have a rattle right now, but that's my own fault.

I've posted some information about the install (not step by step instructions though)as well as some thoughts and suggestions, lots of pictures too.

If you guys are gonna do this yourselves, you might want to give it a look. You can link to the info through my thread

clicky

you guys should really jump on this. I paid full price between these 2 group deals and don't regret it.
Old 09-13-2004, 02:53 PM
Future Camaro SS owner

got mine ordered.
Old 09-13-2004, 05:34 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Originally Posted by elchino
Brian,

I wanted to thank you for all your help on the forums as well as actively responding to the e-mails we send you. I installed the headers on my 02 and enjoy them. I do have a rattle right now, but that's my own fault.

I've posted some information about the install (not step by step instructions though)as well as some thoughts and suggestions, lots of pictures too.

If you guys are gonna do this yourselves, you might want to give it a look. You can link to the info through my thread

clicky

you guys should really jump on this. I paid full price between these 2 group deals and don't regret it.

The tips and pictures are first rate! Thanks a lot, I'll use this information as a resource and for my own enlightenment (since I'll be putting headers in the 02 I recently bought).

Brian C Catts
Cattman Performance
Old 09-13-2004, 07:03 PM

So are there any left?? Or is it too late
Old 09-13-2004, 07:40 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Originally Posted by Keyser Skoze
So are there any left?? Or is it too late

No, its not too late, there are six or seven left. BTW, we can do this with PayPal too, just call or write me first so I can set up the order before any $ comes in.

Brian C Catts
Cattman Performance
Old 09-15-2004, 09:33 PM

Are there any dynos comparing the before and after using either the stock or aftermarket y pipe?
Old 09-17-2004, 03:56 PM
Schnell kaputt

These full headers would replace the stock/aftermarket y-pipe, correct?

I'd like a shipping quote to V5P2A9 <-- Vancouver, BC CANADA I need to see if I have enough room on the cc :@
Old 09-17-2004, 04:18 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Originally Posted by Lonely Driver
Are there any dynos comparing the before and after using either the stock or aftermarket y pipe?

I've got dyno runs on my 97. The largest difference between the stock y-pipe and the header was 19hp. If you (or anyone else) want a copy of the data, write me at brian@cattman.com.

I'm waiting for some dyno printouts from a customer's '02 (no files, all paper, they're in the mail). He said they made 20hp over a performance y-pipe, which is more than I'd expect - but until I can review them its premature to stake any bragging rights on that number.

Brian C Catts
Cattman Performance
Old 09-17-2004, 04:56 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Originally Posted by Bonka
These full headers would replace the stock/aftermarket y-pipe, correct?

I'd like a shipping quote to V5P2A9 <-- Vancouver, BC CANADA I need to see if I have enough room on the cc :@

You can get one right now for $795, but the presale price is $700 and the shipping to you is $38. Total price would be USD738.

Brian C Catts
Cattman Performance
Old 09-20-2004, 09:57 AM
Maxima.org Sponsor

We've still got a few header sets available at the $700 pre-sale price.

Just call 520.730.9309 to reserve yours, retail price will be $825.

Brian C Catts
Cattman Performance
Old 09-28-2004, 07:19 AM

Any updates on the shipment from New Zealand?
Old 10-02-2004, 08:54 PM

Is there any headers left for 700$ ? What about if I also take a muffler, I already have the Cattman mide pipe with resonator so I just missed the cattman muffler to complete my cat-back, let me know what kind of number that would make.

Cheers

AA
Old 10-03-2004, 02:44 AM

when are the headers for 6GEN max coming CATTMAN?
Old 10-04-2004, 10:15 PM
"DRAG" A game of thousandths

Any word on the headers??
Old 10-04-2004, 11:32 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Header update

[Sorry, I hadn't been to this thread for a few days and my email connection has been screwed up, didn't realize I was missing these messages.]

I'm pleased to say the headers seem to be ahead of schedule, they landed at LAX today and I expect to receive them Wednesday or Thursday. It takes a day to break down the crate and pack them up, so I expect to begin shipping the pre-sale headers out Friday or Monday at the latest.

I'll be sending individual email messages to each person who got in on the group deal, to let them know when the arrive.

Brian C Catts
Cattman Performance

Quick Reply: Cattman Header System pre-sale for $700