Group Deals / Sponsors Forum Find out more information on group deals that are going on for Maxima parts from our Sponsors.

Racing Pedals - Holiday Special!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2005, 09:19 PM
jhw

Racing Pedals - Holiday Special!

Hey folks - we're running a 20% off Holiday Special on all our pedals. You can order on our new website:

AutoVation Parts Website

To get the Holiday discount, simply select the pedals for your Year/Make/Model then enter in this Coupon Code: 1135060621
Coupon Expiration: 1-31-06

Happy Holidays!
Old 12-11-2005, 05:08 AM
MaximaDriver

how much are they??
Old 12-11-2005, 09:33 AM
jhw

Price with discount is...

Originally Posted by WielkiWaac
how much are they??
Racing Pedals Retail $79 - 20% OFF => Only $63.20 + s&h (Save $15.80)
Old 12-11-2005, 10:12 AM
I never narc'd on nobody.

These pedals are great, I have a set and absolutely love them. Highly recommended.
Old 12-11-2005, 11:11 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

ive got these pedals too they are awesome!
Old 12-13-2005, 06:58 AM
wannabe max mechanic

Why does the coupon not work for the Heal Guard and only work for the pedals?
Old 12-13-2005, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by adamgh81

Yeah i just want the heal guard also..
Old 12-14-2005, 05:58 AM
jhw

Heel Guard Coupon Code...

Originally Posted by adamgh81
Sorry about that guys. It now works.
Old 12-19-2005, 05:03 PM
Licensed to Spell

:o)

I went to buy the SPNIMA5A but under "Pedal Type", I do not see 'Brushed'. I only see 'Competition Matte Finish' as a choice. And what does 'Grid' and 'Insert' mean?? Is the install easy - is there any permanent damage to the stock pedals? Thanks.
Old 12-19-2005, 05:55 PM
retired moderator

jump on it....these are great pedals.
Old 12-19-2005, 09:18 PM

do these require drilling? or its stick on? not a big fan of stick on anymore....
Old 12-19-2005, 09:24 PM
jhw

Other Pedal Options...

Originally Posted by ptatohed
I went to buy the SPNIMA5A but under "Pedal Type", I do not see 'Bushed'. I only see 'Competition Matte Finish' as a choice. And what does 'Grid' and 'Insert' mean?? Is the install easy - is there any permanent damage to the stock pedals? Thanks.
We're about to launch these new sets (they were not ready when this thread started). We now have grid and insert styles as well as our popular Competition Series - feel free to order these new finish types using the drop down 'Pedal Type' from the shopping cart. Oh, we're phasing out the Polished (Brushed) - let me know if you still want them -> jw@autovation.net
Old 12-19-2005, 09:29 PM
jhw

Drill to install...

Originally Posted by maximo-SE
do these require drilling? or its stick on? not a big fan of stick on anymore....
Yes, you drill to install our pedals. This is the safest and most secure method. We do not have any cheap stick-ons, clamp-ons, or bracket "on-size-fits-all" pedals. These are true race pedals that are screwed and bolted down solidly onto the stock metal (after you remove the stock rubber covers). Here are the full instructions:

How to install AutoVation Racing Pedals
Old 12-20-2005, 08:02 AM
Licensed to Spell

Originally Posted by jhw
We're about to launch these new sets (they were not ready when this thread started). We now have grid and insert styles as well as our popular Competition Series - feel free to order these new finish types using the drop down 'Pedal Type' from the shopping cart. Oh, we're phasing out the Polished (Brushed) - let me know if you still want them -> jw@autovation.net

I'm not sure that you answered my questions. I asked if you have 'Brushed' aluminum as a choice for the SPNIMA5A? I also asked you what 'Grid' and 'Insert' means? Thanks.

- Josh
Old 12-20-2005, 05:50 PM
I support for what?

Why code not working?
Old 12-20-2005, 08:01 PM
jhw

New Pedals

I'm not sure that you answered my questions. I asked if you have 'Brushed' aluminum as a choice for the SPNIMA5A? I also asked you what 'Grid' and 'Insert' means? Thanks.

- Josh
Technically we don't have 'Brushed' by itself. Here's what we offer:

Grid Style
Insert Style
Matte Finish**
Machine Finish**

** We do 'brush' these afterwards to maintain sharp anti-slip surfaces.

Grid Style

Insert Style
Old 12-20-2005, 08:03 PM
jhw

original pedals

Matte Finish

Machine Finish
Old 12-20-2005, 08:05 PM
jhw

Discount Code

Originally Posted by Mxrider52
Why code not working?
I'm not sure why this happened.

New code (updated) is: 1135230263
Old 12-28-2005, 08:48 AM
Administrator

help

Hi

I'm having problems ordering the pedals...

1. I want to buy the Competition Matte Finish pedals with inserts for a 99 Auto, but on your pulldown on your website, you can only pick "Competion Matte Finish" or "inserts". How do I specify I want both?

2. Pedals=$79 Inserts=$20 20% off of $99 is $19.80. Your coupon code comes up to $15 even. Your coupon code appears to be $15 discount regardless of whether I buy the pedals or the pedals and the inserts. Could you please fix it so it's actually 20%?

Thanks.
Old 12-28-2005, 02:00 PM
Boosted Panda

Im having issues as well, Id like to order the "Grid Style",
which are 79.00+40.00= 119.00
119-20%=95.20
The site is only removing the 15.00 and which totals to 104.00

Also, the code isnt working for the heel gaurd if you try and get that by itself.
Old 12-28-2005, 03:55 PM

is there any posibility of having the discount for just the heal guard?
Old 12-29-2005, 06:08 PM
jhw

Originally Posted by The Wizard
Hi

I'm having problems ordering the pedals...

1. I want to buy the Competition Matte Finish pedals with inserts for a 99 Auto, but on your pulldown on your website, you can only pick "Competion Matte Finish" or "inserts". How do I specify I want both?

2. Pedals=$79 Inserts=$20 20% off of $99 is $19.80. Your coupon code comes up to $15 even. Your coupon code appears to be $15 discount regardless of whether I buy the pedals or the pedals and the inserts. Could you please fix it so it's actually 20%?

Thanks.
Hello Wizard, here are my responses to your questions:
#1. Right now we only offer the 4 types listed (and pictured above). The pedals with inserts do in fact have the nice Matte Finish; the grip is via rubber inserts rather then sharp raised edges - so they are a bit different in that regard.

#2 I'm sorry about these coupon codes - we just recently launched our new website and we're still ironing things out. Here is the coupon code for 20% off; 1135060621
Old 12-29-2005, 06:15 PM
jhw

20% off everything

Originally Posted by gen4maxima536
is there any posibility of having the discount for just the heal guard?
Yes the Heel Guards are included in the 20% off via

http://www.autovationparts.com

Once you add the items to the shopping cart, use the

20% Discount code: 1135060621

Note: You can calculate the total cost without purchasing in the shopping cart
Old 12-29-2005, 06:18 PM
jhw

try it now..

Originally Posted by FLAVOR_24/7
Im having issues as well, Id like to order the "Grid Style",
which are 79.00+40.00= 119.00
119-20%=95.20
The site is only removing the 15.00 and which totals to 104.00

Also, the code isnt working for the heel gaurd if you try and get that by itself.
Try it now. Contact me if you're still having issues:

jw@autovation.net

Thanks for your patience!

- John
Old 12-29-2005, 08:04 PM
Boosted Panda

Originally Posted by jhw
Try it now. Contact me if you're still having issues:

jw@autovation.net

Thanks for your patience!

- John
Works now, payment sent. Thank You.

Im also sending you a PM with a shipping request.
Old 12-29-2005, 09:38 PM

I already have the AVT pedals in my max, but the dead pedal is waay too small.

Is it possible to order a dead pedal only? I need a 350Z dead pedal.
Old 12-30-2005, 12:31 PM
Administrator

:)

Payment sent!

Thanks John.

Originally Posted by jhw
Hello Wizard, here are my responses to your questions:
#1. Right now we only offer the 4 types listed (and pictured above). The pedals with inserts do in fact have the nice Matte Finish; the grip is via rubber inserts rather then sharp raised edges - so they are a bit different in that regard.

#2 I'm sorry about these coupon codes - we just recently launched our new website and we're still ironing things out. Here is the coupon code for 20% off; 1135060621
Old 01-05-2006, 11:36 AM
Boosted Panda

have these begun to ship out yet? If so, could you check on mine please?
Old 01-05-2006, 01:19 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by FLAVOR_24/7
have these begun to ship out yet? If so, could you check on mine please?
Me too please. I'm anxious to get them! Thanks.

James
Wildomar, CA
Old 01-09-2006, 09:40 PM
jhw

Pedals

Originally Posted by The Wizard
Me too please. I'm anxious to get them! Thanks.

James
Wildomar, CA
Folks, when your pedals ship, you will receive an e-mail notification with USPS tracking number. If it's been 5-6 days and you don't have one in the next day or so, please e-mail me directly => jw@autovation.net

Thanks!

John
Old 01-10-2006, 04:53 AM

just got mines yesterday. i will install them later today i can't wait
Old 01-31-2006, 10:27 PM
jhw

Thanks guys...

Thanks all for the orders. Please let me know if your order is pending or you have install questions.
Old 02-04-2006, 09:47 AM
boost me.....

Is this deal still going on?.....
Old 02-04-2006, 05:52 PM
jhw

we have a few sets left...

Originally Posted by 96blackmaxSE
Is this deal still going on?.....
Ok guys, we can still do this price as we have a few sets left from the last batch. Use this discount code: 1135060621 at www.autovationparts.com

...until they're gone.
Old 02-05-2006, 09:28 PM
boost me.....

Originally Posted by jhw
Ok guys, we can still do this price as we have a few sets left from the last batch. Use this discount code: 1135060621 at www.autovationparts.com

...until they're gone.
thanks for the quick response...I'm scrounging up some cash...
Old 02-06-2006, 08:10 AM
Licensed to Spell

The Wizard bought me a set of SPNIMA5A (with inserts) for Christmas. I installed them a few weeks ago. Overall, I am very happy with the pedals. However, there are a few things that bother me and/or I think were advertised inaccurately.
1.) There are "rolled lines" over the whole surface of my pedals. These lines can not be seen in looking at the blown-up picture you provided (see below).
2.) I (and others) asked you about the 'permanant damage' to our stock pedals. Your response was: "These are true race pedals that are screwed and bolted down solidly onto the stock metal (after you remove the stock rubber covers)...." I liked your answer - I figured that if I did have to do permanant damage (screw into the stock pedal), it didn't matter because I can always place back on the rubber covers that you talked about. Well, there is only one (singular) rubber cover - the one over the brake pedal.
3.) The radius curve on your brake pedal is much larger than that of the stock brake pedal. Therfore, when I put your pedal up to the stock metal pedal, it rocks a lot.
4.) Third, and this is really minor, but your rubber inserts didn't come pushed in all the way. So I had to push in all the rubber inserts on all three pedals.

Anyway, the first one I guess I'll have to live with. ? It is o.k. since the pedals are "in the shadows" (although I think your advertising picture should reflect the real product). The second, I just couldn't live with damage to the stock pedals so I used SuperGlue double sided tape - so far so good. I chopped some screws and glued in the screw heads for looks. For the third issue, I added extra layers of double sided tape to the top and bottom of your brake pedal to decrease the 'rocking' motion and make more surface contact. The 4th, no biggy, I just used my finger nail and pushed in all 360 degrees of each insert before installing.

My pedals installed (you can't see my 'roll lines' with this poor resolution):

The picture you posted as an example which does not look like the product I received:
Old 02-06-2006, 08:23 PM
jhw

The Wizard bought me a set of SPNIMA5A (with inserts) for Christmas. I installed them a few weeks ago. Overall, I am very happy with the pedals. However, there are a few things that bother me and/or I think were advertised inaccurately.
1.) There are "rolled lines" over the whole surface of my pedals. These lines can not be seen in looking at the blown-up picture you provided (see below).
Without having seen your set I will say that these lines are from the CNC machining process and after we bead blast the pedals, these are typically not noticeable unless closely inspected.

2.) I (and others) asked you about the 'permanent damage' to our stock pedals. Your response was: "These are true race pedals that are screwed and bolted down solidly onto the stock metal (after you remove the stock rubber covers)...." I liked your answer - I figured that if I did have to do permanent damage (screw into the stock pedal), it didn't matter because I can always place back on the rubber covers that you talked about. Well, there is only one (singular) rubber cover - the one over the brake pedal.
That quote was my response to maximo-SE who asked if these required drilling - to which I replied 'yes'. He didn't want stick-ons. I then posted a link to the instructions which includes: "Some gas pedals may have a hard, thin plastic cover over a steel pedal. If this plastic cover can be removed, do so and install the AutoVation gas pedal on top of the metal pedal. If not, install the AutoVation gas pedal through the plastic and into the metal pedal." I'm sorry I should have stated this more clearly.

3.) The radius curve on your brake pedal is much larger than that of the stock brake pedal. Therefore, when I put your pedal up to the stock metal pedal, it rocks a lot.
Depending on the year and your OEM pedal condition - some customers may experience a slight rock which is correctable during installation when you torque down on the bolts it will bring the pedal into alignment. If you're not happy with this - we can certainly send you a new brake pedal.

4.) Third, and this is really minor, but your rubber inserts didn't come pushed in all the way. So I had to push in all the rubber inserts on all three pedals.
No - this is not minor. Our guys need to be doing this correctly and I'll certainly call them tomorrow. Thanks alot for this helpful feedback.

Anyway, the first one I guess I'll have to live with. ? It is o.k. since the pedals are "in the shadows" (although I think your advertising picture should reflect the real product). The second, I just couldn't live with damage to the stock pedals so I used SuperGlue double sided tape - so far so good. I chopped some screws and glued in the screw heads for looks. For the third issue, I added extra layers of double sided tape to the top and bottom of your brake pedal to decrease the 'rocking' motion and make more surface contact. The 4th, no biggy, I just used my finger nail and pushed in all 360 degrees of each insert before installing.
My real concern here is with #2! AutoVation can not recommend glue - please use the supplied screws! This configuration may fail. Let me try to convince you this way - the SuperGlue tape probably ruined the OEM pedals anyway, right?

Again, I apologize for this confusion. Feel free to e-mail me at jw@autovation.net
Old 02-12-2006, 08:53 PM

I bought your guys gas pedal and dead pedal a ways back and the dead pedal came with screws...so I custom fabricated a way to install it...but the gas pedal came with nothing...how is it installed?
Old 02-15-2006, 06:22 PM
jhw

All pedals come with screws...

Originally Posted by michaelnyden
I bought your guys gas pedal and dead pedal a ways back and the dead pedal came with screws...so I custom fabricated a way to install it...but the gas pedal came with nothing...how is it installed?
All pedals should have come with screws (or nuts/bolts). I'm not sure I understand why you had to custom fabricate - just send me and e-mail to jw@autovation.net and we can work it out. We'll send you screws, whatever you need.