Group Deals / Sponsors Forum Find out more information on group deals that are going on for Maxima parts from our Sponsors.

Thermal Phenolic Intake Spacer Kits - ELIMINATE HEAT SOAK!! - 10hp and 12ft-lb GAIN!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 02:58 PM

any word on the vq30de (k)'s yet?????
Old 12-16-2007, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Aaron92SE
These spacers are to be used with Black RTV without stock gaskets. The stock gaskets are eliminated b/c they are improperly sized to the intake ports. For the best airflow, no gaskets are recommended.

You can use two stock gaskets with each spacer, but this can get very costly and it's not going to give you the best performance.

Also, Permatex recently came out with something called "1 Minute Gasket - The Right Stuff", which is far superior to silicone Black RTV. I suggest that you use this if you are paranoid about intake leaks and/or you are turbo/SC'd above 8psi.

But when correctly applied, Black RTV will easily seal the intake manifold and I've personally tested it to hold 8psi of pressure without any problems.
oh okay that would explain it haha. thanks! i'll have to pick up some of that permatex stuff.
Old 12-16-2007, 03:10 PM
NWP Engineering.com

Originally Posted by i30dvr
any word on the vq30de (k)'s yet?????
I'm sorry. No updates yet. I am still in the testing phase for the 4th gen VQ30DE kit. Once that kit is released, I might test the spacers on the DEK.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Old 12-16-2007, 04:57 PM

I'm sorry. No updates yet. I am still in the testing phase for the 4th gen VQ30DE kit. Once that kit is released, I might test the spacers on the DEK.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Aaron how much more do you on the VQ30 Kit?
Old 12-16-2007, 06:03 PM
NWP Engineering.com

Originally Posted by 305BlackMax97
Aaron how much more do you on the VQ30 Kit?
Things just seem to keep getting postponed because of things outside my control. The 4th gen kit is requiring a lot more R&D than I originally expected. I was hoping to have the design phase complete before the end of this year, but that's not going to happen. I'll be sure to start a new thread once the prototype kit is fully complete.
Old 12-16-2007, 06:12 PM

More questions for ya Aaron92SE. What does this do for your warranty? Once installed, do you have to reset anything (on the computer) because of the increase airflow? I don't intend on 'racing' my Maxima, but if I gotta get up on it for some reason, the other post said it only touches when in reverse (page 2, bottom). I am concerned with it rubbing on the FSTB period, without gettin on it. I also don't plan on doing 30 in reverse like I did the test drive I used prior to me buying, but is this at any speed it touches in reverse or just when you gun it? Sorry, but I wanna make sure all my concerns are met before I purchase, and let me tell you, so far by reading, I am thoroughly impressed.
Old 12-16-2007, 06:47 PM
NWP Engineering.com

Originally Posted by cfr94
More questions for ya Aaron92SE. What does this do for your warranty? Once installed, do you have to reset anything (on the computer) because of the increase airflow? I don't intend on 'racing' my Maxima, but if I gotta get up on it for some reason, the other post said it only touches when in reverse (page 2, bottom). I am concerned with it rubbing on the FSTB period, without gettin on it. I also don't plan on doing 30 in reverse like I did the test drive I used prior to me buying, but is this at any speed it touches in reverse or just when you gun it? Sorry, but I wanna make sure all my concerns are met before I purchase, and let me tell you, so far by reading, I am thoroughly impressed.
As far as your warranty, you should be fine. As far as I know, the dealership will have to prove that the spacers are what caused your particular problem. But, some dealerships are more picky than others. I would post this question in the 6th gen forum and see what others have experienced.

During the installation process, I would unplug the negative battery terminal to reset the ECU. This is one of the first steps specified in the instructions. You can download the instructions in a PDF format on the website. www.nwpengineering.com

If the FSTB is not touching at idle, then you will be perfectly fine. But if the intake manifold is an 1/8" away from the bar, then with good motor mounts and driving your car in a normal fashion in reverse, it will not touch. With good motor mounts, you will have to get on the gas pretty aggressively in reverse in order for it to touch. Since your motor mounts are brand new, your engine will not move excessively. So you'll be fine.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:57 PM

When is this coming out for the VQ30?
Never
Old 12-17-2007, 06:34 AM
NWP Engineering.com

Originally Posted by MoeBelikeMax
Never
Why would you say that? I apologize for the delay, but this kit will not be released until it's flawless and has been fully tested.
Old 12-17-2007, 06:37 AM

Never
show some respect noob.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:14 AM

Why would you say that? I apologize for the delay, but this kit will not be released until it's flawless and has been fully tested.
Hey if you need someone to test it out let me know
Old 12-17-2007, 08:45 AM
NWP Engineering.com

Hey if you need someone to test it out let me know
Thank you, but we already have a designated local 4th gen test vehicle.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:58 PM

I am Sorry i thought this has been out for a while....But if it works i would buy it for my 2000 maxima
Old 12-18-2007, 01:08 PM
NWP Engineering.com

I am Sorry i thought this has been out for a while....But if it works i would buy it for my 2000 maxima
It's ok. It may be possible that the 4th gen kit (95-99) will work on your car, but it will need to be tested to determine how much a gain you'll receive.
Old 12-18-2007, 01:18 PM

It's ok. It may be possible that the 4th gen kit (95-99) will work on your car, but it will need to be tested to determine how much a gain you'll receive.
when you get 100% that it will work on 2000 maxima let me know
Old 12-18-2007, 01:55 PM
NWP Engineering.com

when you get 100% that it will work on 2000 maxima let me know
No problem.
Old 12-26-2007, 07:40 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

remember, im still wanting/ needing a new mod...muhahahahha
Old 12-27-2007, 10:11 AM
NWP Engineering.com

Originally Posted by panda_1
remember, im still wanting/ needing a new mod...muhahahahha
What Maxima do you have?
Old 01-01-2008, 04:32 PM
Play with my balls

I might have to pick up a set of these for my 3.5 soon, Aaron. Is pickup possible? Also, can you perform the SSIM? Thanks.

-Paramy
Old 01-01-2008, 07:59 PM
NWP Engineering.com

Originally Posted by Deckdout2
I might have to pick up a set of these for my 3.5 soon, Aaron. Is pickup possible? Also, can you perform the SSIM? Thanks.

-Paramy
I would be willing to schedule an appointment for you so you can pick these up if you want. I am located about 4 hours east of Charlotte. Just give me a call before you come.

The SSIM service is something we are currently thinking about offering in the future. But we have so many other new products on the horizon, that it's on the back burner right now. But, we are trying to find a cost efficient way to do this. There are several ideas being toss around right now.
Old 01-02-2008, 06:01 AM
Play with my balls

I would be willing to schedule an appointment for you so you can pick these up if you want. I am located about 4 hours east of Charlotte. Just give me a call before you come.

The SSIM service is something we are currently thinking about offering in the future. But we have so many other new products on the horizon, that it's on the back burner right now. But, we are trying to find a cost efficient way to do this. There are several ideas being toss around right now.
Sounds good Aaron! We'll be in touch. Thanks
Old 01-14-2008, 08:36 AM
NWP Engineering.com

VQ35DE Kits are in stock and ready for immediate shipment. GET THEM BEFORE THE WEATHER WARMS UP! Be ready when the tracks open for the season!

Also, this is to notify all people that may be interested in the 3rd gen Maxima Spacers for the VE30DE and VG30E. These kits are currently in stock, but production will stop once stock runs out due to the low demand. They will only be reproduced if a group buy is organized. We apologize for this inconvenience. If you have any questions or just want to check on inventory status, please send an email to [aaron@nwpengineering.com].

Also, if you want to request a FREE pair of NWP Engineering decals, please send an email with your address to [aaron@nwpengineering.com]. You do not have to be an NWP customer to take advantage of this offer. It is open to anybody!

NWP Engineering Tshirts are still in stock and cost $13.99 with free shipping.

NWP Engineering Tshirts are Hanes 50/50 Cotton Blend and are available in the following sizes: Large, Extra Large, and 2XL. Stock is very limited in 2XL.

Place your order at www.nwpengineering.com.

Thank you for all your support!

Aaron
NWP Engineering, Inc.
Old 01-15-2008, 05:20 PM

VQ35DE Kits are in stock and ready for immediate shipment. GET THEM BEFORE THE WEATHER WARMS UP! Be ready when the tracks open for the season!

Also, this is to notify all people that may be interested in the 3rd gen Maxima Spacers for the VE30DE and VG30E. These kits are currently in stock, but production will stop once stock runs out due to the low demand. They will only be reproduced if a group buy is organized. We apologize for this inconvenience. If you have any questions or just want to check on inventory status, please send an email to [aaron@nwpengineering.com].

Also, if you want to request a FREE pair of NWP Engineering decals, please send an email with your address to [aaron@nwpengineering.com]. You do not have to be an NWP customer to take advantage of this offer. It is open to anybody!

NWP Engineering Tshirts are Hanes 50/50 Cotton Blend and are available in the following sizes: Large, Extra Large, and 2XL. Stock is very limited in 2XL.

Place your order at www.nwpengineering.com.

Thank you for all your support!

Aaron
NWP Engineering, Inc.
PM sent
Old 01-15-2008, 08:31 PM
NWP Engineering.com

PM sent
Got it. Replied. And thank you for your order. Your package will ship out first thing tomorrow. Let me know when you get it. I'm interested to hear what you think.
Old 01-16-2008, 02:22 PM

Can't wait. Lookin forward to your product. Everyones post reassured me that there will be no rub once the FSTB is on with your product installed. Also am trying to find a DYNO shop here so I can get a base run (base model) then compare it to the new run with the intake spacer and the Fujita CAI. Thanks again!!
Old 01-16-2008, 09:17 PM
NWP Engineering.com

Can't wait. Lookin forward to your product. Everyones post reassured me that there will be no rub once the FSTB is on with your product installed. Also am trying to find a DYNO shop here so I can get a base run (base model) then compare it to the new run with the intake spacer and the Fujita CAI. Thanks again!!
No problem. Your package was shipped today.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:21 PM

hey man i already bought a set of these on nycmax but i was just wondering if anyone has used these under boost? just curious as im prolly gonna start boosting this summer if i decide to keep the car. thanks
Old 01-17-2008, 07:45 AM
NWP Engineering.com

Originally Posted by xnyc
hey man i already bought a set of these on nycmax but i was just wondering if anyone has used these under boost? just curious as im prolly gonna start boosting this summer if i decide to keep the car. thanks
Yes, there are a couple turbocharged Maximas that have these spacers installed. And there are several nitrous Maximas that have them as well.

The spacers themselves are VERY high quality and there is no way they will break down during high boost or high nitrous shots. But if you are going turbo and are planning to see anything higher than 8psi of manifold pressure, then I don't recommend normal Black RTV to seal the intake. I have pressurized my manifold up to 8psi and listened for leaks and it held no problem even with the normal Black RTV.

But just to be safe, for all those that are boosted, I would recommend to use a product made by Permatex called "1 Minute Gasket - The Right Stuff". It's a little more expensive but it's a very tough rubberized compound that sets up quickly. Perfect for high boost applications.

I hope everything goes well with your project! Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:11 PM

No problem. Your package was shipped today.
Package received. THAT WAS QUICK! HOLY ****, I wasn't expecting it until after MLK weekend. Now all I gotta do is read the directions and wait until everything comes in and I'll be good to go. Thanks again Aaron.

Standy for pics for the 08...I'll post for those interested. (I am a before, midway, and after project pic type of person anyway)
Old 01-19-2008, 09:42 PM

Looks like a quality product. I had an Intake spacer on the Z before adding the roots blower and I really enjoyed it. Truly shined in the mid range. It would be great if you offered it for us 4th gen guys. I live 15min from Charlotte and just recently purchased a 96 GLE so if you need a test vehicle to get this product on the market just let me know!
Old 01-20-2008, 11:33 AM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Package received. THAT WAS QUICK! HOLY ****, I wasn't expecting it until after MLK weekend. Now all I gotta do is read the directions and wait until everything comes in and I'll be good to go. Thanks again Aaron.

Standy for pics for the 08...I'll post for those interested. (I am a before, midway, and after project pic type of person anyway)
Best type of posters, don't tell us, show us!!!
Old 01-20-2008, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by chernmax
Best type of posters, don't tell us, show us!!!
Pics will be comin soon. Patience brotha
Old 01-20-2008, 03:00 PM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Pics will be comin soon. Patience brotha
LOL, I'm a master of patience...
Old 01-20-2008, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by chernmax
LOL, I'm a master of patience...
Good, cuz I am no engine mechanic, but with the directions I have I am gonna go step by step and take pics each time. Might try to do it next weekend. Plus I gotta wait for the Fujita CAI and the Racingline Perfomance FSTB so all the engine bay stuff will be done at once ya know.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:46 AM
NWP Engineering.com

Very nice! That's why I like USPS Priority Mail. In most cases, it gets there in only 2 days, and Saturday is considered a normal business day.

Please let me know if you have any questions about the install.

Originally Posted by reptile718
Looks like a quality product. I had an Intake spacer on the Z before adding the roots blower and I really enjoyed it. Truly shined in the mid range. It would be great if you offered it for us 4th gen guys. I live 15min from Charlotte and just recently purchased a 96 GLE so if you need a test vehicle to get this product on the market just let me know!
The 4th gen kit is currently in the works! The CAD drawings for the prototype are complete and I hope to have the prototype fully tested within the next 3-4 weeks. I will be sure to post results as soon as I have them.

Thanks for volunteering your car, but I already have a test vehicle from Raleigh that I am using.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:33 AM

how will these spacers perform with a SSIM??????
Old 01-21-2008, 11:55 AM
NWP Engineering.com

Originally Posted by eyecon7
how will these spacers perform with a SSIM??????
Fantastic! The increased low end and midrange power you get from the spacers really compliment the SSIM! Plus, heat soak is not an issue in the summer time!

The only thing you'll have to do is cut the Elbow spacer to match the SSIM. That will take only a few minutes to do with a dremel. Here is a pic showing the ballpark area where the cut needs to be made:

Old 01-24-2008, 12:36 PM

Aaron whats the update on the 4th gen spacer ? i really need more power LOL.
Old 01-24-2008, 01:11 PM
NWP Engineering.com

Aaron whats the update on the 4th gen spacer ? i really need more power LOL.
I hope to have the first prototype for the 4th gen kit completed by the end of next week. I'll be sure to post pics in a new 4th gen development thread in the 4th gen forum.

Then I'll need a week or so to schedule an appointment with the test vehicle so we can conduct all our temp and dyno testing! It's getting close! It will be ready something this Spring, maybe sooner!
Old 01-25-2008, 05:12 PM

any updates on the VQ30

Quick Reply: Thermal Phenolic Intake Spacer Kits - ELIMINATE HEAT SOAK!! - 10hp and 12ft-lb GAIN!!