Group Deals / Sponsors Forum Find out more information on group deals that are going on for Maxima parts from our Sponsors.

Kinetix SSV Intake Manifolds from Cattman Performance

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007 | 05:37 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Kinetix SSV Intake Manifolds from Cattman Performance

We're excited to announce that Cattman Performance now sells the Kinetex Racing performance parts line, and we're doing a deal on their SSV Intake manifolds to kick things off. Customers with these IMs are telling us about some dramatic cuts in their 1/4 mile times, and we think you'll like them too.

These parts are in stock, ready for immediate shipment at the lowest prices you'll find.

Kinetix Racing SSV Intake Manifolds for 02-06 Maximas (or any VQ35DE transplant); reg. $1000, Cattman intro price $799.99 MINUS the $40 (5%) max.org discount = $759.99. Installation in the 04-06 Maximas requires KR's EGR bypass kit, just $35. If you see a better price, we'll beat it!!!

Heres' more information at the Kinetix site

We take most orders and a lot of questions by phone – if you’ve got free LD call 520.575.6195 or 800.759.9920 if you don’t (US only). Open M-F from 9:00-5:00 MST/PDT.

Brian C Catts
Cattman Performance

Last edited by Cattman; 09-17-2007 at 12:09 PM.
Old 08-08-2007 | 06:05 PM

Only a few more paychecks to go...
Old 08-08-2007 | 10:10 PM

very nice price!
Old 08-08-2007 | 10:15 PM
dot dot dot ...

Originally Posted by Cattman
Customers with these IMs are telling us about some dramatic cuts in their 1/4 mile times,
Do you have a link w/ timeslip where the ONLY change was the manifold?
Old 08-08-2007 | 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by NmexMAX
Do you have a link w/ timeslip where the ONLY change was the manifold?
i would also like to see that please.. or at least a dyno
Old 08-08-2007 | 10:47 PM
VIP Maxima

VQ30 gets no love ?????
Old 08-08-2007 | 11:19 PM

that is hot, wish they made it for the 4th gen.
Old 08-09-2007 | 06:26 AM

man i would buy that if they made it for the 4rth gen.

are they thinking about fabricating one for the 4rth geners???
Old 08-09-2007 | 11:17 AM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Originally Posted by wyche89

I think that would be useful as well, perhaps someone out there can provide time slips and a dyno run (Kinetix has dyno info on the link I added to the original post). I'll mention that its just not practical for us to purchase, install and dyno test products made by other companies - in this case I'd have to sell 12-15 units just to make back the cost of purchasing a single unit and testing it, so I hope that others can understand why that doesn't work for us.

One of our customers in Maryland has a timeslip series that shows the impact of just this part. When we speak again I'll see if he can provide that documentation.

Brian C catts
Cattman Performance
Old 08-09-2007 | 11:20 AM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

Originally Posted by wyche89
Dyno sheet

http://kinetixracing.com/ProductImag...HP%20final.jpg
Old 08-09-2007 | 11:21 AM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Originally Posted by g4nismo
man i would buy that if they made it for the 4rth gen.

are they thinking about fabricating one for the 4rth geners???

I'd be glad to ask the next time I speak with them. Does is seem possible that one design could fit the VQ30DE in the 95-99 as well as the 00-01? The two intake systems are obviously different, but I'm wondering if the two different stock intake manifolds bolt to the engine in the same way... To do well (commercially) with a part like this it would be much better if one version fit all 95-01 Maximas.

Brian
Old 08-09-2007 | 11:43 AM
dot dot dot ...

Until I see more 3rd party supporting dynos, I will continue to be a critic/skepitc. Once these later dynos get released, iw ill take full responsibility and eat my words, but until ten :girnno: I don't think it's a bad design or anything of that nature, but moreso on the fact that tehre just isn't enough testimony to convince me that it does provide gains. Much less prove its worth.

I've seen that dyno way too many times and always have the same questions. Why does it stop @ 6k? Why is there no AFR? Why is the torque curve missing? Where are the runfiles? What other supporting mods did it have, because we know it wasn't stock. It always brings me to the fact that whoever performed that dyno doesn't give the impression that they are too familiar with dynoing a 5AT L31.

The site also states that it makes more power all over the RPM range. Seems impossible whenever dealing with an intake manifold design, i.e. next to impossible to perform without losing something somewhere in the RPM range. Now in boosted applications, I can see this and agree, but not in N/A form.

But who knows, now that they are on 'sale', we just might have more people willing to dyno correctly (runfiles/mods/AFR/fuel cut).

Re: VQ30DE fitment. DEK/DE IM's are essentially interchangeable. Save for a port here or there with maybe some fudge room for rear coils and of course TB BP(bolt pattern)and some underhood hardware configuration. Seems like the best thing to do would be to get a 3L local of a 3.5 buyer and take some measurements etc. That wont include if it's all worth it or not. 00VI > * IMO, but then again years ago, we didn't think the 00VI would even fit an A32, which was about the same time we wrongfully thought the 00VI was a true dual runner.

Re: VQ30DE/K engine dynamics. Well, we all know that the ports do not line up correctly. Another note, the engine dynamics are vastly different (no OEM VIAS 4th gen & CVTC) and this would impact performance to some degree.

Sorry Brian, ok, I'm done now
Old 08-09-2007 | 12:11 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Originally Posted by NmexMAX
Until I see more 3rd party supporting dynos, I will continue to be a critic/skepitc. Once these later dynos get released, iw ill take full responsibility and eat my words, but until ten :girnno: I don't think it's a bad design or anything of that nature, but moreso on the fact that tehre just isn't enough testimony to convince me that it does provide gains. Much less prove its worth.

I've seen that dyno way too many times and always have the same questions. Why does it stop @ 6k? Why is there no AFR? Why is the torque curve missing? Where are the runfiles? What other supporting mods did it have, because we know it wasn't stock. It always brings me to the fact that whoever performed that dyno doesn't give the impression that they are too familiar with dynoing a 5AT L31.

The site also states that it makes more power all over the RPM range. Seems impossible whenever dealing with an intake manifold design, i.e. next to impossible to perform without losing something somewhere in the RPM range. Now in boosted applications, I can see this and agree, but not in N/A form.

But who knows, now that they are on 'sale', we just might have more people willing to dyno correctly (runfiles/mods/AFR/fuel cut).

Re: VQ30DE fitment. DEK/DE IM's are essentially interchangeable. Save for a port here or there with maybe some fudge room for rear coils and of course TB BP(bolt pattern)and some underhood hardware configuration. Seems like the best thing to do would be to get a 3L local of a 3.5 buyer and take some measurements etc. That wont include if it's all worth it or not. 00VI > * IMO, but then again years ago, we didn't think the 00VI would even fit an A32, which was about the same time we wrongfully thought the 00VI was a true dual runner.

Re: VQ30DE/K engine dynamics. Well, we all know that the ports do not line up correctly. Another note, the engine dynamics are vastly different (no OEM VIAS 4th gen & CVTC) and this would impact performance to some degree.

Sorry Brian, ok, I'm done now

Nothing to apologize for, I also like solid data 3rd party data (if done rigorously) and although that needs to be compiled, I was impressed enough with the improvements in 1/4 mile times to give this new part a shot.

As you note, this information will be developed over time as the installation base for this parts expands.

Thanks for your input!

Brian
Old 08-09-2007 | 01:46 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Since its cheaper than the original price I most likely jump on this. How long is this discount is going to last?
Old 08-09-2007 | 02:07 PM
Maximoneypit

Looks verrry nice, but 750$ for 14hp and 16lbtq.... i dunno.. Now if it opened up a lot of potential for FI applications Id definitely be a little more interested!

Either way, thanks for opportunity Brian!

Grant
Old 08-09-2007 | 02:18 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Originally Posted by Utsutsu
Since its cheaper than the original price I most likely jump on this. How long is this discount is going to last?

I'm thinking less in terms of duration and more in terms of # of units sold - we'll offer this discount for at least the first 5 units.

Brian
Old 08-09-2007 | 04:34 PM

Cattman, have you ever considering fabricating something similar yourself? It seems like you might be able to offer something a little more affordable, say around the $500 price point?
Old 08-10-2007 | 03:38 PM
dot dot dot ...

Originally Posted by Hilbe
Cattman, have you ever considering fabricating something similar yourself? It seems like you might be able to offer something a little more affordable, say around the $500 price point?
All they or you (Cattman) need to do is model the Z33 IM to fit our FWD configuration and call up TS for a joint effort to add an ECU upgrade as well. Toss in some ARP RB's to sweeten the deal
Old 08-11-2007 | 04:40 PM

I though I read a thread showing the Z33 IM wasn't any better than the FWD IM. I'll have to do some digging.
Old 08-12-2007 | 04:09 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Originally Posted by Hilbe

To be honest, we don't manufacture in-house - would have gone out of business long ago if we tried to keep a shop busy making the volume of parts we sell - and the complexity of an intake manifold like this would be beyond our design capabilities. If we undertook a product like this, we'd find the right developer next door in SoCal to do the prototype and take it to a trusted US fabricator.

That said, I'm certain it can actually be "made" for under $500 (and is), even in the US, but it can't be sold at that price. The price can't be based solely on the cost of production, it has to reflect what it costs for the business to offer you that part + any profit the market will allow. That only covers the direct cost of manufacturing - materials, labor, subcomponents, polishing, not to mention spreading the costs of development (prototypes, installations, dyno sessions) and production setup over limited production numbers.

In addition to the actual cost of production, there are always substantial indirect costs that have to be factored into each sale: the manufacturer's equipment, building, business and employee insurance, office staff, accountant, etc. And also profit if there is any - the reward for the risk of owning a business. These factors all add up to the wholesale price we pay them and a part that perhaps cost $450 to make has to sell for a lot more to cover all the other business expenses.

Although our costs are much less than the manufacturer's, we also have to cover the expense of operating our business - labor, warehousing, equipment, computers, shop vehicle, and some nominal wages. Those costs are barely covered at the current intro price of $760, and there certainly is no profit.

Don't take this as a whine or complaint, we enjoy doing this, but there's a whole range of critical costs and expenses that don't get factored into the perceived value of a good by those who haven't operated a business like this. The business has to exist to create the good, so those costs have to be covered too.

Brian
Old 08-12-2007 | 05:20 PM

Truer words have never been spoken Brian. Far to many people don't realize the costs of running a business let alone designing parts for sale.
Old 08-13-2007 | 02:54 PM

hey brian do you know if the thermal intake spacers will work along with this intake?? maybe i missed it somewhere?? thanks man
Old 08-13-2007 | 02:58 PM
dot dot dot ...

Originally Posted by happy4444
hey brian do you know if the thermal intake spacers will work along with this intake?? maybe i missed it somewhere?? thanks man
Yes, they will work.

Only exception is the elbow spacer since this manifold eliminates that one by being a continuous piece vs the 2 piece stock unit.

So, you would leave that spacer out since there is no place to put it.
Old 08-25-2007 | 12:35 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor

I'm also hearing good things about this intake from the Altima guys - their experience matches up with what I've heard from our Maxima customers that have the Kinetix IM on their cars.

Brian
Old 08-27-2007 | 09:54 PM

any pix of the egr bypass kit for the 04 engine? just curious. thanks