Group Deals / Sponsors Forum Find out more information on group deals that are going on for Maxima parts from our Sponsors.

$100 DIGITAL SLIM HID KITS 35W - NOT ANALOG

Old 04-23-2008, 06:00 PM
Former Sponsor

$100 DIGITAL SLIM HID KITS 35W - NOT ANALOG

NO MORE GIGANTIC BALLASTS
NO MORE REPLACEMENTS
NO OVERPRICED ANALOG BALLASTS
NO UGLY BOXES WITH NONSENSE SLOGANS ON THEM
NO UNNECESSARY PARTS YOU PAY FOR BUT STILL THROW AWAY

Why Digital?

The days of the old humming, magnetic core & coil-type ballasts have come to an end. The digital (electronic) ballast is the latest in ballast innovation. Digital ballasts are more efficient, quieter, cooler, and softer/easier on the bulb all the while allowing for a much smaller and neater package. Digital ballasts do not have any of the usual transformers or capacitors, instead these ballasts have electronic circuitry doing the same job, only much more efficiently using significantly less current.

They have the capability of self diagnostic and reset, including specific protection circuits to detect various lamp- and ballast-fault conditions allowing to safely shutdown or reset the ballast. when the ballast fires the bulb it sends full power to the cold bulb, Over time, this shortens the bulb life and reduces the output and life span of the bulb, Digital ballasts start by sending a low amount of power to the bulb and steadily increases the power over the next few seconds until the bulb has reached full brightness, This is also known as soft starting, which minimizes the damage to the bulb and increases its life. After one year of use the usable light coming from bulbs that are run on digital ballasts has decreased significantly less where as the same bulb being used in the coil type ballast would have lost over 10% more usable light over the same period of time.

Where can I use this kit?
Anywhere! It works for your fogs, halogen low beams, high beams if you so desire...anywhere a true HID kit works. This is a complete system that allows unmatched flexibility in mounting and installation due to the unique slim wafer ballasts.

So what does the kit include?
2 bulbs, integrated ballast/ignitor, all the connections to make it work and a 2 year guarantee on any defects related to the product excluding normal wear and tear or bulb failure. You save money by not getting an ugly box that has weird writing on it.

FAQ:
Q: What bulb type should I choose?
A: http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProd...de/default.htm
sylvania

Q: What color is best?
A: It really depends what you're looking for. Please realize that Kelvin Scale (K) does *NOT* denote brightness! The Kelvin scale is used only as a measure of COLOR output! Although "bluer" headlights may appear brighter, higher Kelvin applications actually produce less visible light on the road! It is for this reason that OEM applications use 4300K (Yellow/White) bulbs! You should choose a color that matches your needs aesthetically, but realize that Higher Kelvin = Lower Lumen. It is for this reason that we do not offer any color above 8000K!

35W
!! $100.00 !!

* Digital Ballast
* Integrated Ignitor and Ballast with Flexible Connections
* Wafer Thin Design
* Bullet Proof Reliability
* 2 Year Warranty

DELIVERY & PAYMENT INFORMATION
First come first served.

If you order today, we ship if we have stock but more stock is arriving in 10 days and if we are out, we ship when new stock arrives and you are informed of the back order.

All orders will ship via flat rate service. Usually 2-3 days.
If you are in CA, we are in CA, click on the CA Tax Paypal Link
If you are interested in insurance, please click on the Insured HID Link
If you want additional parts like mounting hardware, brackets, etc., please contact us - they are not necessary as these are true Slim Digital Kits.
If you are international, anywhere, please add $15 for shipping.

Slim Kit Special 35W Digital - Domestic 50 States + USVI + PR + *some APO*

Slim Kit Special 35W Digital - Domestic 50 States + USVI + PR + *some APO* WITH INSURANCE

Old 04-23-2008, 06:03 PM
Former Sponsor

And 50W

50W
!! $150.00 !!

PRODUCT INFO:
Water Proof
Real Digital Slim Ballasts - 33% more output than 35W
All Kits are True 50W, not some sticker on a ballast.
PNP - except dual beam kits which require a little more work.

Install Information:
2 year warranty bulbs and ballasts
2 Real 50W Slim Kits
2 Real 50W Bulbs - not 35W bulbs overdriven
2 Adapters as required/necessary

DELIVERY & PAYMENT INFORMATION
First come first served.

If you order today, we ship if we have stock but more stock is arriving in 10 days and if we are out, we ship when new stock arrives and you are informed of the back order.

All orders will ship via flat rate service. Usually 2-3 days.
If you are in CA, we are in CA, click on the CA Tax Paypal Link
If you are interested in insurance, please click on the Insured HID Link
If you want additional parts like mounting hardware, brackets, etc., please contact us - they are not necessary as these are true Slim Digital Kits.
If you are international, anywhere, please add $15 for shipping.

Slim Kit Special 50W Digital - Domestic 50 States + USVI + PR + *some APO*

Slim Kit Special 50W Digital - Domestic 50 States + USVI + PR + *some APO* WITH INSURANCE

Photos of product

Old 04-23-2008, 06:03 PM
Former Sponsor

More photos of install as needed.
Old 04-23-2008, 06:42 PM

How will these work if I wanted to replace my fog lights on my 08 SE? I'd like the same 'color' / 'brightness' as I get with my HID headlights. How can I ensure I get the same for both HID's and your product? Which would I need, the 35w or 50w??
Old 04-23-2008, 09:35 PM
Former Sponsor

No problem, we have every possible combo you want.
Color is not affected by 50W or 35W.
Take your pick
Old 04-23-2008, 11:14 PM
SHIFT_In2D

You'll just need to find the size of your fog light bulb using the Sylvania bulb chart.

If you are running stock HID bulbs in your '08 headlights they will be 4300k for the color. So pick 4300k for the fogs so that they'll match.

The difference between 35w and 50w is the light output or how bright the bulbs appear. 50w appears brighter in a side by side comparison to 35w.

For your fogs I would go with the 50w for those rainy days or very dark roads.

Best of luck!

Hey umnitza! Nice to see more products.

Originally Posted by cfr94
How will these work if I wanted to replace my fog lights on my 08 SE? I'd like the same 'color' / 'brightness' as I get with my HID headlights. How can I ensure I get the same for both HID's and your product? Which would I need, the 35w or 50w??
Old 04-23-2008, 11:15 PM
Former Sponsor

We also have Predator ION bulbs - hyper bright high output LED turn signal bulbs available now.

And, we'll be introducing a completely different line of angel eyes soon.
Old 04-24-2008, 07:53 AM
Turbo'd Saab

do you offer 3000k d2rs for the 50w kit
Old 04-24-2008, 10:31 AM
Former Sponsor

We can put together a D2S 3K kit for you, but because of additional adapters, it would be about $200 for it.
Old 04-25-2008, 08:24 AM
Former Sponsor

most kits are in stock, with more coming in soon.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:06 PM

Maybe you can help. Im looking into upgrading into a bixenon hid kit for an infiniti i30. Not too handy so what do i need to buy and do please.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:08 PM
Former Sponsor

hmmm, bixenon? as in a bi-xenon projector retrofit with D2S bulb?
Old 04-25-2008, 12:25 PM
Tha Snatcher

Wow, gotta love techology! Those ballasts look awesome! Im gettin a digital ballast whenever my old analog Hella ballast finally dies.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by umnitza
hmmm, bixenon? as in a bi-xenon projector retrofit with D2S bulb?

Yes................is it possible?
Old 04-25-2008, 01:20 PM
I C U

any output pics/color?

edit: nevermind, I finally had time to really read through and realize it's just the ballast.
Question is, are these specifically for fog lamp bulbs or can the be used to add HID to my 2k max?

Last edited by illlojik; 04-25-2008 at 04:01 PM.
Old 04-25-2008, 01:57 PM

I don't know the exact color definition I just want it icy white with light shade of baby blue.
Old 04-25-2008, 02:30 PM
SHIFT_In2D

^
That would be 5000k or 6000k for a bluer hue
Old 04-26-2008, 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by Jess
You'll just need to find the size of your fog light bulb using the Sylvania bulb chart.

If you are running stock HID bulbs in your '08 headlights they will be 4300k for the color. So pick 4300k for the fogs so that they'll match.

The difference between 35w and 50w is the light output or how bright the bulbs appear. 50w appears brighter in a side by side comparison to 35w.

For your fogs I would go with the 50w for those rainy days or very dark roads.

Best of luck!

Hey umnitza! Nice to see more products.
If I don't want to pull the bulb or pull the headlight out, is there a way by looking at the headlight to verify the 4300k bulb?

Before I order the 50w bulbs, I wanted to ask if there were plug and play? Take the old bulb out, put the new bulb in sort of speaking. I know the 'lens' will not come out, so I am sure I'll have to be on my back to change these. Is there also a way to have these on without having the headlights on. On the 08's (not sure of other years), to have the fog lights on, you have to have both parking light and headlight on. I'd like to run the fog lights by them selves or with just the parking lights on. Looks like I'll be going with the 50w 4300k kit when I do order. Once I get my LED tail light problem fixed, you'll be getting an order from me. Thanks Jess for the info.
Old 04-26-2008, 09:59 AM
Former Sponsor

Install Guides are Up:

Old 04-26-2008, 10:03 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Iron Scimitar
Wow, gotta love techology! Those ballasts look awesome! Im gettin a digital ballast whenever my old analog Hella ballast finally dies.
Hella ballasts are among the most reliable in the industry, so you'll be waiting a bit.

Originally Posted by jigmoney
Yes................is it possible?
Yes, it's definitely possible, we have D2S in stock.

Originally Posted by illlojik
any output pics/color?

edit: nevermind, I finally had time to really read through and realize it's just the ballast.
Question is, are these specifically for fog lamp bulbs or can the be used to add HID to my 2k max?
The HID pictures as you have discovered will not change. These can be used for anything. Literally.

Originally Posted by jigmoney
I don't know the exact color definition I just want it icy white with light shade of baby blue.
6000K with 50W is your best bet.
The cheap eBay hids are 35W analog - yesterdecade's technology.

35W digital are great kits but - they aren't the maximum output....

So...here's something that helps

35W:
3000K = Yellow = 3500 lumens - roughly.
4300K = White with yellow = 3200 lumens - roughly.
5000K = White very little yellow = 3000 lumens
6000K = White with blueish tones = 2600 lumens
8000K = White with purplish hard bluish tones = 2200 Lumens

35W:
3000K = Yellow - REALLY Yellow = 4600 lumens - roughly.
4300K = White with a little yellow yellow = 4300 lumens - roughly.
5000K = Pure White = 4000 lumens
6000K = White with very little blue tones = 3500 lumens
8000K = White with bluish hard bluish tones = 2900 Lumens

^
That would be 5000k or 6000k for a bluer hue
If I don't want to pull the bulb or pull the headlight out, is there a way by looking at the headlight to verify the 4300k bulb?

Before I order the 50w bulbs, I wanted to ask if there were plug and play? Take the old bulb out, put the new bulb in sort of speaking. I know the 'lens' will not come out, so I am sure I'll have to be on my back to change these. Is there also a way to have these on without having the headlights on. On the 08's (not sure of other years), to have the fog lights on, you have to have both parking light and headlight on. I'd like to run the fog lights by them selves or with just the parking lights on. Looks like I'll be going with the 50w 4300k kit when I do order. Once I get my LED tail light problem fixed, you'll be getting an order from me. Thanks Jess for the info.
They are plug and play.

If you want to run the parking lights with the fogs, I suspect you'll have to do some rewiring.
Old 04-26-2008, 10:55 AM
SHIFT_In2D

No need to pull it out factory HID is 4300k

It's a little more complicated than just changing bulbs. For the 08 depending how the fogs are set up under the bumper, you will need to remove the plastic lining to get to the fogs.

Switch the bulbs with the HID bulbs, wire it correctly as shown in the wiring chart, mount the ballasts...and you're good to go.

Here is a link to re-wire the fog lights to come on without headlights for a 5.5 gen. Concept should be the same.

http://www.innerbean.com/housecor/fog_rewire.html

Old 04-26-2008, 11:54 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Can you get a 3000k h3c (or whatever size the smaller h3 is) for foglights?
Old 04-26-2008, 12:07 PM
Former Sponsor

We can get those within 5 business days.
Old 04-26-2008, 01:02 PM

Jess, you are amazing. I'll definitely be turnin to you if I got any questions. You sure you aren't runnin umnitza.com? LOL
Old 04-26-2008, 02:54 PM

How much for a set of h3 bulbs?

Last edited by ShIft_uR FacE; 04-26-2008 at 06:22 PM.
Old 04-26-2008, 06:21 PM
SHIFT_In2D

Jess, you are amazing. I'll definitely be turnin to you if I got any questions. You sure you aren't runnin umnitza.com? LOL

Hahaha of course not, if I did I would have so many umnitza goodies on my car!

Just here to help out a fellow .orger. I had all the same questions before, and never knew how to install things until I came here.

Love those angel eyes they sell, but right now I can't afford them. Need to fix my suspension soon, switching to coilovers and that costs $.
Old 04-26-2008, 07:57 PM
Turbo'd Saab

Do I have to get a 50watt bulb or will the stock bulbs I have now work?

also I really wouldn't need a specific ballast as I would have to do a special wire setup in order to get it to work
Old 04-26-2008, 09:57 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by DaveVQ

also I really wouldn't need a specific ballast as I would have to do a special wire setup in order to get it to work
I'm assuming that you are planning on buying one of their kits, and if so the bulbs and harnesses are included. No need for stock bulbs. From the looks of it it seems to be plug and play, only thing you'd need to do is hook everything up and find a place for the ballasts to be mounted.
Old 04-26-2008, 10:06 PM
Turbo'd Saab

Originally Posted by roggeezy
I'm assuming that you are planning on buying one of their kits, and if so the bulbs and harnesses are included. No need for stock bulbs. From the looks of it it seems to be plug and play, only thing you'd need to do is hook everything up and find a place for the ballasts to be mounted.
I have a 5th gen with the 5.5 gen headlights some modification will be required, because I am running the stock HID harness and ballast. Its not hard stuff, I've wired whole cars for custom ECUs. I already know how to do it.

Last edited by DrunkieTheBear; 04-26-2008 at 10:08 PM.
Old 04-27-2008, 12:48 PM
Former Sponsor

maybe he should be
Jess too bad you live so far away.

Originally Posted by ShIft_uR FacE
How much for a set of h3 bulbs?
$60 shipped.

Hahaha of course not, if I did I would have so many umnitza goodies on my car!

Just here to help out a fellow .orger. I had all the same questions before, and never knew how to install things until I came here.

Love those angel eyes they sell, but right now I can't afford them. Need to fix my suspension soon, switching to coilovers and that costs $.
Don't do anything on angel eyes, about to do something cool within 2 months.

Stock 35W will work, they will be overdriven and shorten their life, not by a LOT but by 200-300 hours.

I'm not sure I understand your second question. Please elaborate.

Originally Posted by roggeezy
Is that in reference to his second question above? Because the idea is to buy a full kit - harness, ballast, adapter, and bulbs.

I have a 5th gen with the 5.5 gen headlights some modification will be required, because I am running the stock HID harness and ballast. Its not hard stuff, I've wired whole cars for custom ECUs. I already know how to do it.
You do not have to rewire the car at all.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:10 PM

No pics at all of 50w side by side with 35w?
Old 04-27-2008, 02:17 PM

any kinda deal for buying 50w 8k h.lights and fogs? or just 150 a set?
Old 04-27-2008, 02:29 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by PharoNDmist
No pics at all of 50w side by side with 35w?

Originally Posted by Mr Bruno
any kinda deal for buying 50w 8k h.lights and fogs? or just 150 a set?
It's just $150 a set. We have stock.
Old 04-27-2008, 09:31 PM

I have the ebay headlights that have a harness to convert my H4 to 9006/9005 for my gen 5 and I was planning to do an HID projector retrofit in them. Do you have a kit that will plug into a 9006 harness, but connect to a D2S bulb?
Old 04-27-2008, 10:13 PM
Former Sponsor

yes, all our kits plug into the 9006 no problem.
But the D2S bulb connection will require an adapter, since you're in South SF, you might want to drive out to Concord and let us look it over
Old 04-27-2008, 11:15 PM

Sounds good. PM sent
Old 04-28-2008, 12:26 PM

Quote:

maybe he should be

You knew what I meant....funny. Will be placin an order this week via paypay for the 50w
Old 04-28-2008, 12:28 PM
Former Sponsor

Quote:

maybe he should be

You knew what I meant....funny. Will be placin an order this week via paypay for the 50w
Old 04-28-2008, 04:35 PM
Toolie

looking for a 35 watt kit that will fit the 5.5 gen fogs without any modification to the stock housing. Is this available for the same price? h3 mini I think they are called?

BTY what's the price increase to ship to Canada?
Old 04-28-2008, 05:43 PM
Former Sponsor

They are H3, not necessarily mini, we have stock. shipping to Canada is $10 more than US 50 states.

Use the first link and just do Canada as your shipping location:
HIDSPECIAL+SPECIFYTYPE S SlimDigital+Xenon

Item # Forum EmailSpecial
$100.99 $100.99

Subtotal: $100.99
Enter ship-to ZIP Code:Shipping outside U.S?
Select ship-to country:and ZipCode Shipping to U.S?

Shipping and Handling to Canada (change): $25.00
Total: $125.99 USD

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: $100 DIGITAL SLIM HID KITS 35W - NOT ANALOG