Group Deals / Sponsors Forum Find out more information on group deals that are going on for Maxima parts from our Sponsors.

NWP Engineering 5pc Phenolic Thermal Intake Spacers GROUP BUY! As low as $179 shipped

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 12:35 PM
NWP Engineering.com

NWP Engineering 5pc Phenolic Thermal Intake Spacers GROUP BUY! As low as $179 shipped

The Group Buy has ENDED! No more payments are being accepted. Thank you to everybody that has participated. Packages will ship on Feb 6-7th via USPS Priority Mail. You will receive an automated email from Paypal when your package is shipped along with a tracking number. Be sure to check your junk or spam folder if you do not see this email by 5pm EST Thursday.

Update 2/7/13: All packages have been shipped. Thank you for your business!

The normal price for the VQ35DE 02-08 Maxima 5pc Phenolic Thermal Intake Spacer Kits is $238 shipped within the US.

Here is the group price breakdown for all Maxima.org members:

1 Kit: Regular price of $238 shipped
3-6 Kits: $13 OFF ($225 shipped)
7-9 Kits: $23 OFF ($215 shipped)
10-16 Kits: $39 OFF ($199 shipped)
17+ Kits: $59 OFF ($179 shipped) LOWEST PRICE EVER!

This group buy ended on Feb 5, 2013 at midnight EST.

Feel free to post about this group buy elsewhere on the internet, but all updated information will be exclusively in this thread. So be sure to stay subscribed to this thread for important updates and further payment information.

If you are interested in purchasing a Spacer Kit for a vehicle other than the 02-08 Maxima or 02-06 Altima 3.5L, then please post and a separate group buy pricing list for that specific kit will be posted as well.

PAYMENT INFORMATION
1) Visit https://www.paypal.com
2) Log in to your account
3) Click "Send Money"
4) Enter "sales@nwpengineering.com" in the "To" field
5) Enter "179.00" in the "Amount" field (For Canada addresses, your amount will be $192 USD instead of the regular price of $254.50 USD)
6) Mark the payment as "Goods".
7) Check to make sure your correct shipping address is shown. (DO NOT specify your address in the Message box.)
8) In the message box, enter your screen name on Maxima.org, that this payment is for the "Maxima.org Group Buy", what color decals you want, and whether you want a bottle opener or coozie (specify color).

Payments will be in the form of an instant Paypal payment only. No eChecks will be accepted! Only Credit Cards and Instant Transfers will be accepted. This is to prevent any delays since eChecks take a considerable amount of time to clear.

The payment deadline is set for Tuesday, Feb 5, 2013 at 11:59pm EST. All payments must be made before the deadline or you will be removed from the group buy. This deadline will be strictly enforced in order to be fair to all those who get their payments in on time.

SHIPPING
Packages will ship as soon as the payment deadline is reached.

All packages within the US will ship via insured 2-3 day USPS Priority Mail to your address. Orders outside the US are also being accepted. Those in Canada, your price will only be an extra $13 for insured Priority Mail International Shipping, which usually takes 6-10 business days to arrive. If you are located in another country, please post the country you live in and I will be able to give you the total amount with shipping included.

OTHER PRODUCTS
We also have Basic VIAS Block Plate Kits in stock and on sale for $34.85. If you would like to include that in your order, please add an additional $34.85 to your payment. You will save on shipping since it will be shipped in the same package as your Thermal Intake Spacers. Please visit the link below for more information on the Basic VIAS Block Plate Kit: http://www.nwpengineering.com/Phenol...ers.html#VIASB

PROMOTIONAL FREEBIES
Also, we have high quality die cut vinyl NWP Engineering decals in Silver, White, Black, and Red. Please specify the color you prefer. If you do not specify the color, 2 silver decals will be included in your package.

ALSO, we have a laser engraved anodized aluminum NWP bottle opener OR a neoprene NWP can cooler (aka coozie) that will be included in every package while supplies last. We have bottle openers in silver, blue, red, and green. And we have coozies in Gray, Black, and Red. If you do not specify the item and color you prefer, an item will be chosen for you at random.

=================================

Let's get this deal started! Post if you are interested and your name will be added to the list.

Once your payment has been received, I will add you to the list below and mark you as PAID.

OFFICIAL LIST
1) SK01 - REMOVED
2) VQpwrdSE-R PAID
3) N!smo PAID
4) greymaxima - REMOVED
5) ViRTualTeRRoRisT PAID
6) gunmtl06ser PAID
7) BlackkSeR PAID
8) The Duke of NY PAID
9) MaxFiyah PAID
10) Fakie J Farkerton PAID
11) Shermanh700 PAID
12) Jason5291 PAID
13) bodyrocka03 - REMOVED
14) Luisv8412 PAID
15) djipka PAID
16) 20" Max (Wendell) PAID
17) domingorb6 PAID
18) litch - REMOVED
19) Nandiitho PAID
20) 05MAXSE6MT PAID
21) OoK4rMAoO PAID
22) Alti-kid PAID
23) Sheepdog1775 PAID
24) 3.5_power PAID
25) simplenclean PAID
26) nik03max PAID
27) ukapadia PAID
28) A. Valencia JR PAID
29)
30) --- Group buy has ended ---

=================================

PRODUCT INFORMATION

For more product information, please visit: http://www.nwpengineering.com/Phenol...rs.html#VQ35DE

The NWP Engineering Thermal Intake Spacers have been proven to show gains of 10hp and 12ft-lbs of torque. You will also notice a HUGE decrease in intake manifold temperatures! During all our testing on several vehicles, an average temperature decrease of 43 degrees was recorded! That means, your intake manifold will be noticeably cooler to the touch. Due to reduced heat soak, your car will no longer get as sluggish as it use to once it's warmed up.

Also, all NWP Engineering Intake Spacers are port matched to your stock intake ports. They are not copies of OEM gaskets like most other companies out there! OEM gaskets are not port matched. NWP Engineering Thermal Intake Spacers ARE port matched to your stock intake ports! Also, since you will remove your improperly sized stock intake gaskets, you will improve the airflow from one manifold to another.

Once installed, these spacers are hardly noticeable since they are designed to match the exterior contour of your intake manifold. This makes for a VERY clean install!

The regular price is $238 shipped within the US. This is your chance to get a much better price!

Please feel free to post, send me a PM or email, or call if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Aaron Kimball
NWP Engineering, Inc.
www.NWPEngineering.com
[aaron@nwpengineering.com]
252-375-4NWP (4697)

Last edited by Aaron92SE; 02-07-2013 at 01:33 PM.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:54 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Im in! Thanks Aaron.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:58 PM
NWP Engineering.com

Originally Posted by SK01
Im in! Thanks Aaron.
Thank you. I've added you to the list.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:32 PM

How bout a joint gb for 3.0 and 3.5 together lol
Old 01-11-2013, 02:51 PM
NWP Engineering.com

Originally Posted by MAXIMA_STYLE
How bout a joint gb for 3.0 and 3.5 together lol
A special batch is being machined just for this group buy. The larger the batch, the more savings I can pass onto you. Since the VQ30DE Spacers are a different design, they must be machined separately.

But if you are interested, I can still provide a price break for the 3.0 kits depending how many are interested. Let me know if you are and I can come up with a pricing list for the 95-99 and 00-01 Maxima Spacer Kits. I won't add you to the 3.0 list until after I post the group buy pricing for this kit. That is if you're still interested at that point.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:57 AM
NWP Engineering.com

Remember to spread the word! The more people that know about this group buy, the cheaper it will be for everyone!
Old 01-14-2013, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Aaron92SE

A special batch is being machined just for this group buy. The larger the batch, the more savings I can pass onto you. Since the VQ30DE Spacers are a different design, they must be machined separately.

But if you are interested, I can still provide a price break for the 3.0 kits depending how many are interested. Let me know if you are and I can come up with a pricing list for the 95-99 and 00-01 Maxima Spacer Kits. I won't add you to the 3.0 list until after I post the group buy pricing for this kit. That is if you're still interested at that point.
Thats understandable... let me gauge some interest on fb... people tend to reply there faster lately lol... what benefits will i personally see on my 4th gen with an 00vi swap??
Old 01-14-2013, 03:47 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I'm In! Saw this posted in a SE-R Facebook group. Created an account just to get in on the group buy. I would also like a BOP as well.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:43 AM
NWP Engineering.com

Originally Posted by MAXIMA_STYLE
Thats understandable... let me gauge some interest on fb... people tend to reply there faster lately lol... what benefits will i personally see on my 4th gen with an 00vi swap??
Sounds good. I am hoping to be able to post pricing for the 3.0L Spacer Kits within the next day or two.

Since the 00VI manifold is made from a composite resin, the temperature decrease will not be as much as with the cast aluminum USIM, but you will still experience a noticeable intake manifold temperature reduction, as well as, increased throttle response and increased HP throughout the entire power band (low, mid, and top end). It will be a much smoother delivery of power, which is what you want, especially when traction is an issue.

Originally Posted by VQpwrdSE-R
I'm In! Saw this posted in a SE-R Facebook group. Created an account just to get in on the group buy. I would also like a BOP as well.
Thanks. I've added you to the list. Please try to spread the word.

And yes, you can add a Basic Block Plate Kit to your order.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:49 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

5th gen Spacers

Hello Aaron,

If you don't mind me asking, what are the benefits and dyno info for your spacers on a 5th gen? How difficult and labor hours associated would it be for a shop to install? Would a torque link be necessary or significantly improve a Auto max 3.0 like mines?
Old 01-15-2013, 12:08 PM
NWP Engineering.com

Originally Posted by celestialking23
Hello Aaron,

If you don't mind me asking, what are the benefits and dyno info for your spacers on a 5th gen? How difficult and labor hours associated would it be for a shop to install? Would a torque link be necessary or significantly improve a Auto max 3.0 like mines?
If you are referring to the 3.0L 5th gen Maxima (00-01 Maxima), the gains will be the same as if you did a 00VI swap that I spoke about below. You will experience a much smoother powerband very similar to the 8hp and 9tq gains we saw on the 95-99 4th gen Maxima. Here's a link to that product which has a dyno comparison chart: http://www.nwpengineering.com/Phenol...rs.html#VQ30DE

With your engine, the entire install should take about 3-4 hours to complete. So if you have a shop quote it, try to choose a reputable one that quotes you 4 or less hours.

The Engine Torque Link will benefit you car whether you have a 3.0L or 3.5L or whether you are a manual or automatic transmission. If you are ever thinking about installing a shift kit one day to quicken your shifts, the Torque Link will come in even more handy since the faster shifts require an engine that stays still. It will give you crisper and more instant shifts without the engine banging around. It will also improve your throttle response and reduce your wheel hop and improve traction.

Please let me know if you have any more questions. Thanks!
Old 01-15-2013, 12:49 PM

Shift Kit?

This is a bit off topic, there is a shift kit for my 2000 auto max?
Old 01-15-2013, 01:43 PM
NWP Engineering.com

This is a bit off topic, there is a shift kit for my 2000 auto max?
Sure. Transgo makes a shift kit (aka valve body recalibration) for your tranny. Search this forum for "Transgo HD2". There are two kits available. The HD2 is the stronger of the two.

You can also research what unplugging your "drop resistor" or "dropping resistor" does. It will give you full line pressure, which drastically quickens the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts. But I have heard of some transmissions dying shortly after unplugging the resistor. So do your research before attempting.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:55 PM

Thank you Aaron

Thank you for the additional info, Aaron!!!
Old 01-16-2013, 09:50 AM
NWP Engineering.com

Thank you for the additional info, Aaron!!!
No problem. Happy to help!
Old 01-16-2013, 01:45 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I'm in Aaron, my SER could use more punch to it!
Old 01-16-2013, 01:52 PM

I am in for the group buy. Count me in
Old 01-16-2013, 02:31 PM
NWP Engineering.com

Originally Posted by N!smo
I'm in Aaron, my SER could use more punch to it!
Originally Posted by greymaxima
I am in for the group buy. Count me in
Thank you. You both have been added to the list.

Please be sure to continue to check this thread for updates.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:33 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Subscribed!
Old 01-16-2013, 07:07 PM

I'm def in on this.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:20 PM
NWP Engineering.com

Originally Posted by ViRTualTeRRoRisT
I'm def in on this.
Sounds good! I just added your name.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:32 PM

Thank you very much. Would you ever have a sale for the Torque Links? I've been interested in getting one for a while, but haven't really got around to it.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:51 PM

Im a lil new to certain mods. How much would it cost to get spacers installed. Or is it a do it yourself type of thing.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:52 PM

I see pros of the spacers but what are the cons
Old 01-16-2013, 08:00 PM

I will interested when u post the group price for the 95-99
Old 01-16-2013, 08:13 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Add me, got rid of my se, now have a ser. I want them back. Lmk what I gotta do
Old 01-16-2013, 10:21 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Sign me up for a kit please and thank you
Old 01-17-2013, 12:19 PM
NWP Engineering.com

Originally Posted by ViRTualTeRRoRisT
Thank you very much. Would you ever have a sale for the Torque Links? I've been interested in getting one for a while, but haven't really got around to it.
The Engine Torque Links are currently on sale for $139.99 instead of $160. Here is a link to that product on our website: http://www.nwpengineering.com/Phenol...tml#TorqueLink

Originally Posted by get_max_out
Im a lil new to certain mods. How much would it cost to get spacers installed. Or is it a do it yourself type of thing.

It depends on which Spacer Kit you are referring to. The VQ35DE Kit for the 02-08 Maxima and 02-06 Altima 3.5L only takes about 2-3 hours to install. So it depends on the shop rate of your mechanic as to determine how much it'll cost to install. With the 3L 95-99 Maxima, it takes between 3-4 hours.

If you are good at following instructions and know how to use a basic socket set and a torque wrench, then yes, you can easily install these yourself. But only you can determine that. I would recommend to look at our Installation Instructions on our website to see if you feel comfortable doing the install yourself.

3.5L Spacer Kit: http://www.nwpengineering.com/Phenol...rs.html#VQ35DE

3L Spacer Kit: http://www.nwpengineering.com/Phenol...rs.html#VQ30DE

You will see a link for PDF Instructions on our website.

Originally Posted by gunmtl06ser
Add me, got rid of my se, now have a ser. I want them back. Lmk what I gotta do
Added! Thank you for your interest. Please stay subscribed to this thread and continue to check back for updates. The actual group buy is expected to start on Monday. Then, everyone will have 2 weeks to get their payment in. The payment deadline will be posted just as soon as the group buy starts.

Originally Posted by BlackkSeR
Sign me up for a kit please and thank you
Added. Thank you for your interest.

Last edited by Aaron92SE; 01-17-2013 at 02:02 PM.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:05 PM
NWP Engineering.com

Sorry, I forgot to answer your other questions in my last post.

There are absolutely no drawbacks to the NWP Spacers. You will see a 10hp gain and a 43 degree reduction in intake manifold temperatures. Your gas mileage will stay roughly the same. We did notice a very slight increase in mpg, but since it was less than 1mpg, it's not really worth advertising. But every little bit helps.

As far as the group price for the 95-99 Maxima Spacers, I am still working on that. I thought I'd be able to post the prices earlier this week, but it may be a couple more days.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:42 AM

Put me on the list!
Old 01-18-2013, 07:54 AM
NWP Engineering.com

Originally Posted by The Duke of NY
Put me on the list!
You got it!
Old 01-18-2013, 10:54 AM

put me on the list!!! im justin the one who wrote on the 5thgen page wanting the torque link and spacers. i hit you up in the past wanting to buy but my car didnt pass inspection yet! but now it did and im ready!
Old 01-18-2013, 11:05 AM

If I'm # 10. Put me down. $199 or less club.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:15 AM
NWP Engineering.com

Originally Posted by MaxFiyah
put me on the list!!! im justin the one who wrote on the 5thgen page wanting the torque link and spacers. i hit you up in the past wanting to buy but my car didnt pass inspection yet! but now it did and im ready!
Thank you. You've been added.

Originally Posted by Fakie J Farkerton
If I'm # 10. Put me down. $199 or less club.
Yeap, you make #10. Thanks.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:16 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Hellz yeah! $199!!!
Old 01-19-2013, 12:55 AM

awesome i hope more people join cause 179 sounds hot
Old 01-19-2013, 08:17 AM
NWP Engineering.com

This group buy is expected to officially start this Monday or Tuesday! Depending how many people sign up this weekend will determine whether $199 or $179 is the set amount to be paid at the start of the group buy.

The group buy will last for 2 weeks to allow everyone to get their payment in. During this 2 week period, new people are welcome to sign up. So, if $199 is the set rate at the start and we hit the $179 level a week after, all those that have paid $199 will immediately receive a $20 refund. But it just makes things easier if the set payment is $179 to begin with.

If we get 4 more people over the weekend, that will be good enough for me to start the group buy at the $179 rate! So we are VERY CLOSE!

Remember, spread the word!
Old 01-19-2013, 09:03 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Sweet! Important question though. How fast can you ship it? I'm going to dyno my baby on the 2nd so before that if possible would be great.

Last edited by N!smo; 01-19-2013 at 09:07 AM.
Old 01-20-2013, 01:10 PM

cool put me down im in spot 11
Old 01-20-2013, 02:04 PM

im down for the deal

Quick Reply: NWP Engineering 5pc Phenolic Thermal Intake Spacers GROUP BUY! As low as $179 shipped