Group Deals / Sponsors Forum Find out more information on group deals that are going on for Maxima parts from our Sponsors.

G/D: Cattman Upper Intake Pipe/ Intake+Filter,

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2002, 05:07 PM
Sin

Originally posted by jdmmax
uhh correct me if i am wrong but dosen't the upper intake tube connect from the throttle body to the MAF and the air flow meter connects to the stillen or jwt air filter right?????? so it should be able to go on. again i am very interested in getting the upper tube just have to wait till i get paid.
That's exactly what I was wondering. What the group deal is basically selling is the piping, the filter, and the hardware for those two items.

Now, the upper intake tube mounts between the throttle body and the MAF sensor, with what appears to be silicone tubing between the aluminum upper intake pipe, and the throttle body and the MAF sensor with the intake pipe between the two, all held together by ring clamps.

And the filter whether it be a K&N generic, a Stillen or a JWT POP, mounts on the otherside of the MAF. So why would the upper intake piping allow the JWT but not the Stillen? It just doesn't make sense to me when the filter mounts to the MAF sensor and not the piping. So once again, why would this piping allow the JWT and not the Stillen? Ange, I know you are in on this, and that you have a Stillen, so if anyone has something to gain from this it would be you, to find out why the Stillen can't be used with this.

Furthermore, if you look at the pic Ange provided, it shows a K&N from what looks like the CAI, as opposed to the cone style K&N or cone Stillen or cone JWT. And that filter is being used with a generic mounting flange, and NOT a venturi, which is exactly what I am NOT looking for.

If I'm making this difficult for you Ange, I truly appologize. It's just that I am interested in this group deal as well, but I want to make sure I will get what I am looking for.
Old 03-26-2002, 05:29 PM

Ange,
i sent ya an email earlier... i know you must be busy and couldn't get back to me... please put me down for one w/ the monsterflow filter... if you can email me asap w/ the payment info that would be very helpful so i can send the money out tomorrow...

thanks for all your time in answering my questions earlier...

much respect,
mike

p.s. you're ordering these on fri then? or sun? when you were sayin at the end of the week...
Old 03-26-2002, 06:13 PM

CORRECTION !!!

hey Ange,
i don't want the Monsterflow !!
here r my queries again....
1. what is the price of upper tube + K&N filter
2. does the upper tube + either K&N or JWT pop charger come with all the necessary hardware? velocity stack?

depending on the price, i will either go for the upper tube + K&N or upper tube + JWT pop charger
if u can give me the price by tomorrow for the upper tube + K&N filter, i will immediately tell you what i want
but i repeat....NO monsterflow

and thanks for working out this gd

Originally posted by 97MaxGurl
Uncertain of 4th gen's Fraken Intake production availability, I've went ahead and inquired Cattman about getting together a groupdeal for the PR Intake. I'm looking to get the upper intake piping myself.

You MUST have JWT Pop Charger, K&N Filter or Monsterflow to work with the upper intake tube. (Stillen Intake will NOT work with the PR tube)

Ange

The following Cattman groupdeal intake pricing (applicable for ALL 1989-2001 Maximas):

Upper Intake tube price is $75 (Black w/ black hoses and clamps)

Combo (upper tube + Monsterflow filter) is $115 (NEW PRICEDROP!! )

Combo (upper tube with the Jim Wolf POP intake) is $175

We need minimum of 10 people for Cattman to honor the groupdeal. I will be responsible for collecting payments(money order) and in turn, issue ONE check for the total amount due to Cattman. I will email those involved w/ EXACT amount due and payment info once we have the 10th buyer. Cattman will ship the orders out to each individual w/i 48 hours of receiving payment from me.

Shipping Charge: (First price is west of Mississippi, Second is east)
Upper tube only $10/15
Upper tube w/ Monsterflow filter OR the JW Pop $13/$18

Ange

Here's who we have so far:
1. Ange
2. Ronin (Upper Tube Only)
3. SillePimp (Upper Tube Only)
4. Mozy (Upper Tube Only)
5. Gates (Upper Tube Only)
6. Need4speed (Tube+Monsterflow)
7. MaximaPower (Tube+Monsterflow)
8. sahge (Tube+Monsterflow)
9. chipobrien (Tube+ Monsterflow)
10. MaximaRox (Tube+ Monsterflow)
11. Infiniti (Tube+Monsterflow)
12. Maximus97 (Tube+ JWT POP)
Old 03-26-2002, 06:37 PM

Re: add me

please add me to the group deal ... i just need the upper tubing for a 5th gen max... e-mail me with all the payment info...thanx
angel
fullcollguy@aol.com
Old 03-26-2002, 07:18 PM
Chick specializing in rounding up 100+ Maximas

Re: CORRECTION !!!

Originally posted by MaximaRox
hey Ange,
i don't want the Monsterflow !!
here r my queries again....
1. what is the price of upper tube + K&N filter
The Upper tube+ K&N combo is NOT available in this groupdeal.

2. does the upper tube + either K&N or JWT pop charger come with all the necessary hardware? velocity stack?

depending on the price, i will either go for the upper tube + K&N or upper tube + JWT pop charger
Again, in this groupdeal, your ONLY choices are listed on my first post: Upper Tube Only, Upper Tube+Monsterflow, Upper Tube+JWT Pop Charger.

If/When you do decide to order either of the two intake combo, it comes with the necessary assembly. YOU WILL NOT NEED TO PURCHASE ADDITIONAL PARTS for the intake to work.

I hate to be typing in CAPS, but this is the #@$#^*$ time I've posted similar info
Old 03-26-2002, 07:29 PM

CORRECTION

Originally posted by Sin
That's exactly what I was wondering. What the group deal is basically selling is the piping, the filter, and the hardware for those two items.
YES

Now, the upper intake tube mounts between the throttle body and the MAF sensor, with what appears to be silicone tubing between the aluminum upper intake pipe, and the throttle body and the MAF sensor with the intake pipe between the two, all held together by ring clamps.
YES

And the filter whether it be a K&N generic, a Stillen or a JWT POP, mounts on the otherside of the MAF. So why would the upper intake piping allow the JWT but not the Stillen? It just doesn't make sense to me when the filter mounts to the MAF sensor and not the piping. So once again, why would this piping allow the JWT and not the Stillen? Ange, I know you are in on this, and that you have a Stillen, so if anyone has something to gain from this it would be you, to find out why the Stillen can't be used with this.
YES. You CAN USE Stillen Intake B/C the MAF adaptor is the intermediate piece. However, the PR lower tube (not in this groupdeal) would not work with Stillen Intake. Sorry for the miscommunication.

Furthermore, if you look at the pic Ange provided, it shows a K&N from what looks like the CAI, as opposed to the cone style K&N or cone Stillen or cone JWT. And that filter is being used with a generic mounting flange, and NOT a venturi, which is exactly what I am NOT looking for.
OK.

If I'm making this difficult for you Ange, I truly appologize. It's just that I am interested in this group deal as well, but I want to make sure I will get what I am looking for.
I'm sorry too. I wish I'm the seller and knows this product inside and out, but I'm just a buyer, like everyone else here.
Old 03-26-2002, 07:42 PM

Originally posted by marcdown20
Ange,
i sent ya an email earlier... i know you must be busy and couldn't get back to me... please put me down for one w/ the monsterflow filter... if you can email me asap w/ the payment info that would be very helpful so i can send the money out tomorrow...

thanks for all your time in answering my questions earlier...

much respect,
mike

p.s. you're ordering these on fri then? or sun? when you were sayin at the end of the week...
Don't worry, I got you.
I thought I emailed you about it the same day... I have to resend.
Deal Closes this Sunday. I'll be looking for everyone who said they are in to send me their payments next week.

Ange
Old 03-26-2002, 08:15 PM

don't stress ange!!! you're the woman!!! thanks for helpin us ALL out w/ this deal, i personally didn't know how to go about gettin one of these even though i've thought about the idea for a while... my money will be in the mail come monday morning via money order and thanks again for the help in gettin this deal set up!!!

much respect,
mike
Old 03-27-2002, 05:03 AM

Right, thanks Ange.

Please change my order to the pipe plus the Monsterflow.

Thanks for the info, this appears to be the better solution for me.
Old 03-27-2002, 12:00 PM

Don't worry, I got you.
I thought I emailed you about it the same day... I have to resend.
Deal Closes this Sunday. I'll be looking for everyone who said they are in to send me their payments next week.

Ange
great perfect time line i get paid on monday and i can send the payment out. hehehe

put me in for
(Upper Intake tube price is $75 (Black w/ black hoses and clamps)

yes thats all i need e-mail me with payment details.
sunlochu@aol.com

jdmmax
Old 03-27-2002, 06:25 PM

put me in...

for the upper tube and monsterflow filter. email wayde@wam.umd.edu for payment instructions. i can paypal you!!
Old 03-27-2002, 07:07 PM

Count me in tooo! Id like the upper section with hoses and clamps in black. Email me for the payment info Krash513@aol.com
Old 04-01-2002, 09:02 AM

hey Ange,

sent out my money order today, should be in your mailbox this week
Old 04-01-2002, 09:04 AM

re: payments

I will send everyone a confirmation email upon receipt of payment from them.

Tks. Ange
Old 04-01-2002, 01:14 PM

hey Ange,

sent out my money order today, should be in your mailbox this week
same goes for me, I'm in MD, so you should get it by Wednesday ,
4-3-02.
Old 04-10-2002, 08:57 AM

just wondering if the payments have come in and the order placed....can't wait to get the intake
Old 04-10-2002, 09:12 AM

Hi everyone,
Here's a list of everyone who sent in their money:
Michael R.(Hawaii)
Jason (Hawaii)
jdmmax
Gates
Don Terpstra
Angel 2K Max in CA
Michael McAdoo
Krash513
Robert Chou
Chip O’Brien
Kevin Wade
Long N.
Manoj M.
Ryan T.
Me

I sent Cattman the payment yesterday(Tuesday) and he should start to ship the orders out as early as this Fri thru begining of next week. I expect everyone to get their orders next Friday, April 19th or April 22/23 by the very latest.

Ange
Old 04-10-2002, 09:59 AM

Ange,

thanks for setting this up

~Manoj~

Hi everyone,
Here's a list of everyone who sent in their money:
Michael R.(Hawaii)
Jason (Hawaii)
jdmmax
Gates
Don Terpstra
Angel 2K Max in CA
Michael McAdoo
Krash513
Robert Chou
Chip O’Brien
Kevin Wade
Long N.
Manoj M.
Ryan T.
Me

I sent Cattman the payment yesterday(Tuesday) and he should start to ship the orders out as early as this Fri thru begining of next week. I expect everyone to get their orders next Friday, April 19th or April 22/23 by the very latest.

Ange
Old 04-10-2002, 11:21 AM

thanks ange
Old 04-10-2002, 10:28 PM

dido

mike
Old 04-13-2002, 10:33 PM

Still available?

I am interested in picking up one of the CAI upper tubes. (Already have a POP Charger.) Wondering if it is still available, and how I get one.

Thanks
Old 04-16-2002, 08:31 AM

To All Who's Waiting for Their Intake...

Orders are being shipped out today (Tuesday). You should ALL have your intake within a week from now. Two people (I volunteered to be one of them) will get theirs later next week (I'm not about to complain on a 2 day backorder).

Maxwillden: Sorry, the g/d ended 2 weeks ago.
Old 04-17-2002, 11:17 PM

Re: To All Who's Waiting for Their Intake...

hey ange,
do you have tracking numbers that you can send out through email ?
thanks
~Manoj~

Orders are being shipped out today (Tuesday). You should ALL have your intake within a week from now. Two people (I volunteered to be one of them) will get theirs later next week (I'm not about to complain on a 2 day backorder).

Maxwillden: Sorry, the g/d ended 2 weeks ago.
Old 04-18-2002, 06:37 AM

Re: Re: To All Who's Waiting for Their Intake...

hey ange,
do you have tracking numbers that you can send out through email ?
thanks
~Manoj~
Actually I don't... I don't think I can obtain that either. Sit back and you'll get yours by next week as promised.
Old 04-22-2002, 06:11 PM

Re: Re: Re: To All Who's Waiting for Their Intake...

I just wanted to let everyone know i already received my upper tubing for my intake. gonna go install it right now. thanks again Ange for gettin us this group deal.
angel
Old 04-22-2002, 06:44 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: To All Who's Waiting for Their Intake...

Originally posted by Cali2kMax
I just wanted to let everyone know i already received my upper tubing for my intake. gonna go install it right now. thanks again Ange for gettin us this group deal.
angel
if somebody can tell me what you used to plug the hole with that will be greatly appreciated
Old 04-24-2002, 06:01 AM

Update:

I'm still waiting for mine. The last I spoke to Cattman was early last week. He had gotten my payments and was shipping them out last Thurs. Cali2kmax already got his. We should all get our intakes sometime this week.

Ange

jdmmax: I've never installed a CAI so I can't tell you about the plug. When I get the intake, I'll let you know if you haven't figured it out by then.
Old 04-24-2002, 10:19 AM

Re: Update:

heheh yes i got mine on yesterday. i just took that sensor i don't know what it is but i stuck that thing in the hole on the pipe. everything seems to work fine. once again thanks for the hook up ange.
Old 04-26-2002, 06:39 AM

DAMN

I got my upper tube yesterday and it rained all day so i couldnt put it on, so i got up today at 8am. When i got it on i started cursing like theres no tomorrow, the whole where the air temp sensor goes.... well the sensor was already plugged into the front of my stillen intake, so i found a cork with a plastic top and replaced it. NOW when i took it for a test drive, HOLY SHIZT!!!!!!! That sounds WAY BETTER than the pop charger, and has a nice little whine, kinda like a miniature supercharger when i shut the car off. Best 90 bucks spent yet. Just wanted to vent my happiness......Thanks Ange!!!

Brett
Old 04-26-2002, 06:45 AM

Re: DAMN

Originally posted by Krash513
I got my upper tube yesterday and it rained all day so i couldnt put it on, so i got up today at 8am. When i got it on i started cursing like theres no tomorrow, the whole where the air temp sensor goes.... well the sensor was already plugged into the front of my stillen intake, so i found a cork with a plastic top and replaced it. NOW when i took it for a test drive, HOLY SHIZT!!!!!!! That sounds WAY BETTER than the pop charger, and has a nice little whine, kinda like a miniature supercharger when i shut the car off. Best 90 bucks spent yet. Just wanted to vent my happiness......Thanks Ange!!!

Brett
Old 04-26-2002, 12:11 PM

Re: Re: Update:

Got mine yesterday, have the Monsterflow on, will install pipe today. I'm curious about the hole also, not sure where the sensor is for it, guess I'll find out in 10 min.

Chip
99 Superblack GXE MTX
Old 04-26-2002, 12:40 PM

hey ange...

did you hear what happened to me? well i was the other person that had to wait for thiers, along w/ you, and brian catts emailed me sayin that he had some in and would be shiped out last fri but when he looked at his order, they forgot to send him the upper piece... so he called me at home and told me he had to go to somewhere else to get one, i forget where but he got me a silver upper intake pipe instead of the black one... who makes that silver one? i know i've seen it... it's one of the main people that makes these CAI for us... he said that he was very sorry for all this and that he would get them to drop ship it to me immdediately, so i wouldn't exspect it to get to me untill mid next week... it's all good! so i'm pretty excited, i just can't wait to get one!!! thanks again ange for all your help, even tho i had alittle snag...

so did this happen to you? just curious...

much respect,
mike

p.s. everyone thank ange for volunteering herself so that everyone could get theirs asap
Old 04-26-2002, 12:49 PM

Re: hey ange...

Originally posted by marcdown20
did you hear what happened to me? well i was the other person that had to wait for thiers, along w/ you, and brian catts emailed me sayin that he had some in and would be shiped out last fri but when he looked at his order, they forgot to send him the upper piece... so he called me at home and told me he had to go to somewhere else to get one, i forget where but he got me a silver upper intake pipe instead of the black one... who makes that silver one? i know i've seen it... it's one of the main people that makes these CAI for us... he said that he was very sorry for all this and that he would get them to drop ship it to me immdediately, so i wouldn't exspect it to get to me untill mid next week... it's all good! so i'm pretty excited, i just can't wait to get one!!! thanks again ange for all your help, even tho i had alittle snag...

so did this happen to you? just curious...

much respect,
mike
Yup- We're getting ours a few days later than everyone else. Everyone is getting the black powdercoated pipes except us. We're getting the silver ones from Place Racing, the same shop that makes the black powdercoated ones for Cattman. They are more expensive due to the finish. But because of their mix up and delay, we won't get charged extra for the silver piping. You and I should get ours early next week or middle of next week.
Old 04-26-2002, 12:52 PM

Re: Re: Re: Update:

Originally posted by chipobrien
Got mine yesterday, have the Monsterflow on, will install pipe today. I'm curious about the hole also, not sure where the sensor is for it, guess I'll find out in 10 min.

Chip
99 Superblack GXE MTX

take the sensor from the ram scoope on the stock air filter and stick it in the hole... you will find it its on the tubing that connects to the lower half of the stock air box its like a couple of inches for the sir box. can't miss it. take out the sensor and the rubber gromet then stick it into the hole on the upper intake pipe.
Old 04-26-2002, 02:00 PM

Problem - Check Engine Light comes on, engine dies above 2500 RPM

Thanks for the info on the sensor, I didn't see before I installed the pipe. It is now connected.

I have another problem, check engine light comes on and car won't rev past 2500 or dies out. We removed the sensor plug on the MAF by unscrewing it to get the upper pipe in and then replaced the plug, don't know if this caused the problem. Any ideas?
Old 04-26-2002, 02:05 PM

Re: Problem - Check Engine Light comes on, engine diies above 2500 RPM

Thanks for the info on the sensor, I didn't see before I installed the pipe.

I haave another problem, check engine light comes on and car won't rev past 2500 or dies out. We removed the sensor plug on the MAF to get the upper pipe in and then replaced the plug, don't know if this caused the problem. Any ideas?
sounds like the MAF has a problem try playing with the MAF plug make sure it is put back in right. hopefully you didn't damage the MAF. if anything do a ecu dianostic. but first check to see if it is pluged in correctly.
Old 04-26-2002, 04:47 PM

Re: Problem - Check Engine Light comes on, engine dies above 2500 RPM

Thanks for the info on the sensor, I didn't see before I installed the pipe. It is now connected.

I have another problem, check engine light comes on and car won't rev past 2500 or dies out. We removed the sensor plug on the MAF by unscrewing it to get the upper pipe in and then replaced the plug, don't know if this caused the problem. Any ideas?
id just buy a new MAF plug.
Old 04-26-2002, 04:59 PM

Re: Re: Problem - Check Engine Light comes on, engine dies above 2500 RPM

Originally posted by sportscarboy715

id just buy a new MAF plug.

u actually might have of fried the MAF or even the ECU. check out wut others put down. if u have a second or third car use that for now. i have a 97 maxima se with chameleon blue paint and the JWT filter. it sounds great. recheck all the sensors.
Old 04-27-2002, 09:29 PM

i got the monster flow and tube a couple of days ago...but
i dont see a bracket to hole the filter....was it not
included??
Old 04-28-2002, 06:45 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally posted by MaximaPower
i got the monster flow and tube a couple of days ago...but
i dont see a bracket to hole the filter....was it not
included??
It's supposed to have come with bracket.
Email me if there's a problem and I'll try to get in touch with Cattman Performance.

asiaducati@yahoo.com

Tks. Ange

Quick Reply: G/D: Cattman Upper Intake Pipe/ Intake+Filter,