Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

hands free cell phone

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2003, 10:16 AM

hands free cell phone

Has anybody installed one on their I30 ? My rebuilder a 99 I30 Limited didn't come with that option. I thought as long as I was at it I would put one in. Has anybody put one in or know where I can get some info? I looked on carpart.com and didn't come up with anything. Thanks
Old 12-05-2005, 09:04 PM

I have never seen one in an I30 either, they go in the lower pocket below the radio, I saw one on fleabay. Anyone have this?
Old 12-05-2005, 10:13 PM
Donating i30 Owner

there is no hands free cell phone.. rahter a car phone also infiniti link... which is cool sorta liek SOS on teh mercedes which connects you to infiniti (somethign ) center..

now you can install a parrot blue tooth cell phone adapter to your bose stereo... you run ur speaker signal wires through the parrot box and it cuts the audio signal and replaces it with the cell phone voice signal before the signal gets to speaker amps....

works with bose...

from what i have read... also jsut buy the cigrett lighter charger and take it apart wire it to a 12v souce such as lighter run it inside center console and put it throuhg armrest and that way you can charge and plug it in.. (phone.) tuck it away in arm rest.. answer and call usign parrots voice commands.. etc.. great product....
Old 12-06-2005, 07:35 PM

No it is a speakerphone,goes in lower pocket below radio only 98 99 I30 could have this option I believe.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:04 PM
Donating i30 Owner

Originally Posted by Tim96I30t
No it is a speakerphone,goes in lower pocket below radio only 98 99 I30 could have this option I believe.

it only works with infiniti phone to best of my knowledge...
Old 12-07-2005, 06:35 PM

is ther any option on the 02 i35 to intergate a phone ?
Old 12-08-2005, 09:35 AM
Donating i30 Owner

Originally Posted by Kevin
is ther any option on the 02 i35 to intergate a phone ?
YES.
there is no hands free cell phone.. rahter a car phone also infiniti link... which is cool sorta liek SOS on teh mercedes which connects you to infiniti (somethign ) center..

now you can install a parrot blue tooth cell phone adapter to your bose stereo... you run ur speaker signal wires through the parrot box and it cuts the audio signal and replaces it with the cell phone voice signal before the signal gets to speaker amps....

works with bose...

from what i have read... also jsut buy the cigrett lighter charger and take it apart wire it to a 12v souce such as lighter run it inside center console and put it throuhg armrest and that way you can charge and plug it in.. (phone.) tuck it away in arm rest.. answer and call usign parrots voice commands.. etc.. great product....

PS THIS IS FORM THE PEOPLE WHO MAKE THE UNIT well the email i sent them

Abraham,

This is correct. For further assistance, I would need more information about your vehicle. Regardless, I hope the attached wiring diagram proves useful.

-Peter

hot-line@parrot.fr wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: <nibina@mac.com>
To: <hot-line@parrot.fr>
Sent: Monday, December 05, 2005 4:52 PM
Subject: Problem Normal

Request: Normal
Name: abraham
Soft Version: 2.11
Other version:
Mobile: Other
Software:
Vehicle: NISSAN
Audio System: BOSE
Other Audio:
Problem: i have an infiniti i30 which is smae as teh euro cefiro. From what i understand the signals from the stereo pass through the parrot relay before getting to the speaker amps. Thus ur relay would cutt of the radio signal and feed in the phoen signal when the phone is active. If this is correct i will be able to install this device. but i wanted to be shure as to the mechanics so i can figure out if this is a product i should purchase. thank you

--
Peter C. Gravelle

Technical Support
Parrot, Inc.

WOW THOSE PEOPLE MUST THINK IM RETARDED.. i type horrible...
Old 12-08-2005, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by HomerMAC
YES.

works with bose...

PS THIS IS FORM THE PEOPLE WHO MAKE THE UNIT well the email i sent them

Abraham,

This is correct. For further assistance, I would need more information about your vehicle. Regardless, I hope the attached wiring diagram proves useful.

-Peter

hot-line@parrot.fr wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: <nibina@mac.com>
To: <hot-line@parrot.fr>
Sent: Monday, December 05, 2005 4:52 PM
Subject: Problem Normal

Request: Normal
Name: abraham
Soft Version: 2.11
Other version:
Mobile: Other
Software:
Vehicle: NISSAN
Audio System: BOSE
Other Audio:
Problem: i have an infiniti i30 which is smae as teh euro cefiro. From what i understand the signals from the stereo pass through the parrot relay before getting to the speaker amps. Thus ur relay would cutt of the radio signal and feed in the phoen signal when the phone is active. If this is correct i will be able to install this device. but i wanted to be shure as to the mechanics so i can figure out if this is a product i should purchase. thank you

--
Peter C. Gravelle

Technical Support
Parrot, Inc.

WOW THOSE PEOPLE MUST THINK IM RETARDED.. i type horrible...
good info, I like the idea of hacking up a charger and custom wiring it somehow. On the Q there was supposed to be an optional adapter that would snugly fir inside the armrest from infiniti so that you would even get phone number and call time details displayed on the center console when you were on the phone, but infiniti nix'd that option for the Q. I
Old 12-10-2005, 10:23 PM

There is a hands free cell phone on my '99 i30 LTD...it has steering wheel controls and intergrated into the panel where the sunroof controls are there are buttons for SOS and Info and "Redial" and "No Signal" lights, and a microphone. Right now its only set up for emergency use, but if i get the handset that goes in the center console (the wire is there) i can use it as a normal cell phone. I don't have any pics up but i'll try if anyone wants to see them. This system DOESN'T use the phone that fits in the pocket, rather it is fully intergrated into the car.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:29 AM
Donating i30 Owner

Originally Posted by dontouchmymoney
There is a hands free cell phone on my '99 i30 LTD...it has steering wheel controls and intergrated into the panel where the sunroof controls are there are buttons for SOS and Info and "Redial" and "No Signal" lights, and a microphone. Right now its only set up for emergency use, but if i get the handset that goes in the center console (the wire is there) i can use it as a normal cell phone. I don't have any pics up but i'll try if anyone wants to see them. This system DOESN'T use the phone that fits in the pocket, rather it is fully intergrated into the car.

thats the infiniti link or some fancy name like that... u know u have the gps antenna unit in ur car as well.... this whole infiniti link was mostly on qx4 cause that sorta became the casr they concentrated mostly on... but please i would love to see the pics. just to get an idea and also to see if i can use OEM parts to accent my bluetooth idea.. such as the trim for the no signal light etc.

thank you.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:31 AM
Donating i30 Owner

p.s i got qupted 299$ to have hte blue tooth thin ginstalled the parrot one with a little screen and control fo rthe kit.. which i beleved was a bit excessive.. cause your jsu trunning the speaker signal commin out of hte radio into the parrot (relay then from relay to speaker.. so i mean they went overboard.. i beleiev cuase u can get parrot kit fairly cheap i fu look aroud.