Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

homelink transmitter upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2003, 11:51 PM

homelink transmitter upgrade

we had to get a new garage door opener - one with the rolling code recognition - chamberlain (which is genie i think)

anyhow, the homelink worked with the old opener but for some reason i couldn't make it work with new one.... a little online research and voila! 1996's were equipped with non rolling code homelinks grrr.

the question posed is.... is an upgrade to a newer homelink transmitter possible?

or am i better off just waiting to do a bunch of upgrades and get a newer car. say an i35. lol.. while on that topic.. any suggestions of which model year to get? of the newer models ones which one is considered better? (i'm sorry if that sounds like a dumb question)
or am i better off getting a 2k2 max? (mods availability a factor?)

ok.. time to get off the crack for me.. lol

sorry everybody
Old 07-31-2003, 12:07 AM
Moderator who thinks he is better than us with his I30

If you want to mod for speed get a 2k2 6-speed max. For looks get a 2k2 I30 or even a 00+ I30.
Old 07-31-2003, 03:44 AM

I think a different garage door opener would be cheaper than an I35 or a 5th gen max.
Old 11-04-2003, 10:44 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Rolling code

Actually, your homelink still work but you need to "train" your new garage door opener. Go to the homelink website (www.homelink.com) and you will find instructions on how to do it. - basically, just program your homelink as before then push the "learn" button on your opener while using the homelink in your car.

Hope this helps. My 1996 I-30 Homelink has NEVER worked. At forst, Infiniti dealer said my garage door opener was too old. Then my wife bousgt a Lexus in 200 and her Homelink works just fine.

Originally Posted by infinitydrgn
we had to get a new garage door opener - one with the rolling code recognition - chamberlain (which is genie i think)

anyhow, the homelink worked with the old opener but for some reason i couldn't make it work with new one.... a little online research and voila! 1996's were equipped with non rolling code homelinks grrr.

the question posed is.... is an upgrade to a newer homelink transmitter possible?

or am i better off just waiting to do a bunch of upgrades and get a newer car. say an i35. lol.. while on that topic.. any suggestions of which model year to get? of the newer models ones which one is considered better? (i'm sorry if that sounds like a dumb question)
or am i better off getting a 2k2 max? (mods availability a factor?)

ok.. time to get off the crack for me.. lol

sorry everybody
Old 11-05-2003, 01:37 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

i did that.. but it didn't work