Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

I35 new guy, maxima old guy

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2003, 07:39 AM
MAC

I35 new guy, maxima old guy

Hey everyone, just want to introduce myself. My name is Ming, and I'm from Atlanta Ga. I use to be a maxima man, had a 96 and a 99. I totalled my 99 in a real bad accident that had a terrible outcome(some of you might know about that deal, I won't be talking about it).

It has taken me over a year to get back into the car scene. I bought a TL type-S three weeks ago, and I traded it in yesterday for a 2002 I35! Yea!! Its good to be back in nissan again. That TL was not a total piece of crap, but lets just say I'm glad I got rid of it.

Anyone here thats from ATL? We have a huge following of max guys here, and they'll be seeing me at meets from time to time. Sure would like to see some other I30/35 folks as well.

I will need to ask some basic mod questions. My old max was modded to the tune of 20K in after market/custom stuff, so I'm familiar w/ modding cars. I just don't know who makes what for the I35 since my old max was a 4th gen, and my new car is basicly a 5th gen.

I need to know:
who makes the best coilovers (except cattman, I will not buy cattman coils again)?
Are there any sources available for japanese body kits, or do I have to source it myself?
Anyone change out the bose system? How did you finish the dash since the unit is intergrated.
Any decent big brake kits out there except the brembo one? I had the wilwood kit, and it was all looks. The braking performance was not much better than my brembo cross drilled rotors w/ porterfield pads.
I will not mod the engine for a while since I still 35k left on my warranty. 255hp is plenty strong. Especially after my wreck, I don't drive fast anymore

I will do some searches, but I live in the sticks (Canton), and cannot get dsl. It takes me forever to search w/ dial up.

Hello, and thanks for any tips in advance.
Old 08-09-2003, 08:49 AM
Moderator who thinks he is better than us with his I30

Welcome to our side

You I35 will share the 5th gen Max upgrades.

I know JIC now makes coilovers for the 5th gen, they would be generally though of as the best.

As far as bodykits, there is no complete kit that is readily available to us in the states. MetaOrbit has a nice front lip that he sourced from Australia.
Old 08-09-2003, 08:51 AM
Ramius83

Hey Ming.....

Old 08-09-2003, 09:30 AM
Got Projectors?

Hey Ming, I was a newbie when you were around last time. It's good to see you back...especially in our (new) corner

Anyways, I agree with Mike on the coilovers - JIC seem to be the ones of choice for 5th gens - very pricey though. Tein either has now, or is supposed to have Tein SS coilovers for the A33 - neat thing with those is that they're compatible with Tein's EDFC system.

If you're wanting to remove the BOSE HU, then it's not too much of a problem. For complete replacement of the HU - get the ROEM-NIS2 adapter made by PAC and any 5th gen Maxima dash kit. If you only want RCA outputs, get the PAC AOEM-NIS2.

There hasn't been much success with sourcing body mods for the A33. I was able to get ahold of a front lip from a member here in Australia named Luke - he goes by "LP."

I also have clear bumper lenses and an M3 trunk lip style spoiler. I got those from MaxMojo here. My car came with side skirts, so I kind of have a pseudo body kit with everything. Just missing the rear pieces now.

Can't tell you much about brakes now - the only two BB kits I know are the Brembo GT and Wilwood kits.

If you have any other questions - let me know. I'm about to go work on my suspension again
Old 08-09-2003, 10:02 PM
www.autotalk.com

Congrats Ming. I did reply to your email. HOpefuly I will see you on the stn mtn meet.
Old 08-10-2003, 11:23 AM

wassap ming. welcome to the infiniti family.
Old 08-12-2003, 06:46 AM

What's up Ming...I live in Kennesaw so get at me. I am going to be throwing on some H & R's next week, rewired fogs, and I have put the PAC adapter on my HU. Send me a PM if you need some help or if you want to help me out on mods.

K
Old 09-16-2003, 01:54 PM
RIceD OuT moDErAtor

MING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

you're BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

glad to see you're still up and about.. hows it going man??!!!
Old 09-16-2003, 03:10 PM
OT n00bs FTMFCSL

What's up Ming? This is Justin from the Stn. Mountain meet. Glad you posted here finally...again...for the last time...

I'll shaddup
Old 09-16-2003, 07:56 PM

People whats up. Hey Ming. I am Roger from Bham, Al. (Not too far away from the ATL) I too am like you. Despertely searching for some mods for the I35. Its been a nightmare for me too. (I stepped out of a tuned 97 Accord into my baby Q.) ARe there any meets held in Atlanta for the Infiniti fam?
Old 09-16-2003, 08:45 PM
MAC

gqmac2, not many modded I30/35 in atl. You're welcome to come to the big atl maxima meets any time. Just keep watch the southeast forum meets thread. Come for Nopi this weekend. Lots of .orgy folks around.

what up Cheston, long time. I'll send you an email.

Justin, glad to have meet you at st mount. You coming to nopi? Can't wait to see some old faces from out of town. last yr was fun.

What up King pin, I'm sure we'll hook up sooner or later. Been too busy working and doing house stuff to mod the I. I did drop it w/ sprint springs. way too low for stock shocks. My car now bounces. Sux!

Hey Meta, how much was the aussie lip? if you don't mind me asking? Like to see the price compared to jap kits. Also, need to know where to get clears. I gotta get rid of all the orange.

Mike D, thanks for the thumbs up. Its good to be in the driver seat again. The I35 is a big nice step up from the 99 Se-L. Much nicer car.
Old 09-16-2003, 08:47 PM
www.autotalk.com

Originally Posted by MAC
gqmac2, not many modded I30/35 in atl. You're welcome to come to the big atl maxima meets any time. Just keep watch the southeast forum meets thread. Come for Nopi this weekend. Lots of .orgy folks around.

what up Cheston, long time. I'll send you an email.

Justin, glad to have meet you at st mount. You coming to nopi? Can't wait to see some old faces from out of town. last yr was fun.

What up King pin, I'm sure we'll hook up sooner or later. Been too busy working and doing house stuff to mod the I. I did drop it w/ sprint springs. way too low for stock shocks. My car now bounces. Sux!

Hey Meta, how much was the aussie lip? if you don't mind me asking? Like to see the price compared to jap kits. Also, need to know where to get clears. I gotta get rid of all the orange.

Mike D, thanks for the thumbs up. Its good to be in the driver seat again. The I35 is a big nice step up from the 99 Se-L. Much nicer car.

Did you get the JICs yet?
Old 09-16-2003, 08:52 PM
Got Projectors?

Originally Posted by MAC
I can't remember how much it was anymore, but I want to think it came in at less than $200 USD. You should shoot Luke ("LP" on this board) a PM or email and he'll be able to tell you how much it is. He prices it in AUD, so use xe.com/ucc or the like to convert it.

Also, MaxMojo on here supplied me and others with the clear lenses. I think you can buy them from his website, http://www.paradox-systems.com
Old 09-18-2003, 08:48 PM
MAC

Originally Posted by Max4Speed
Did you get the JICs yet?
Hey Osama, no JIC yet. can't find them, on back order. Got some sprint coils for the time being so the car isn't so jacked up. the oem shocks are hating life!!! car is bouncing like crazy. Sux. See ya at Nopi. call me on cell if you don't see me. I'll be hanging w/ matt calder & crew. or look for me near Jeff Kuo's booth. later.
Old 09-19-2003, 06:04 AM

If you're searching overseas, keep in mind that in some countries (Aus, NZ, UK...) that the I30/I35 is called a Maxima, or a Cefiro. As far as I know, the US and Canada are the only ones that have Infiniti. Might help you find more
Old 09-19-2003, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Matt_NZ
If you're searching overseas, keep in mind that in some countries (Aus, NZ, UK...) that the I30/I35 is called a Maxima, or a Cefiro. As far as I know, the US and Canada are the only ones that have Infiniti. Might help you find more
Is there a history behind the Cefiro. I would like to know more about that car.
Old 09-19-2003, 10:06 PM
www.autotalk.com

Originally Posted by MAC
Hey Osama, no JIC yet. can't find them, on back order. Got some sprint coils for the time being so the car isn't so jacked up. the oem shocks are hating life!!! car is bouncing like crazy. Sux. See ya at Nopi. call me on cell if you don't see me. I'll be hanging w/ matt calder & crew. or look for me near Jeff Kuo's booth. later.
I will be in the yellow area. What time you gona come?
Old 09-22-2003, 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by gqmac2
Is there a history behind the Cefiro. I would like to know more about that car.
Most are exactly the same as your Infiniti I30/35 and my NZ Maxima, no difference. They're ususally imported from Japan to NZ, not sure where they come from for the USA since Japan is RHD, I think Taiwan. One thing I have noticed is that the Cefiros can come in a smaller motor sizes as well, 2.5L for example.
Old 09-22-2003, 08:38 AM
Blu
the tits

Nice to see you again this year at Nopi. Had a good time after the show. BTW this is Matt... i was riding with calder and brian.
Old 09-22-2003, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Matt_NZ
Most are exactly the same as your Infiniti I30/35 and my NZ Maxima, no difference. They're ususally imported from Japan to NZ, not sure where they come from for the USA since Japan is RHD, I think Taiwan. One thing I have noticed is that the Cefiros can come in a smaller motor sizes as well, 2.5L for example.
Cool, I thought the Cefiro may have had some type of history like the Atlezza 200 or the Japanese Version of the SC300.
Old 10-02-2003, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by gqmac2
Cool, I thought the Cefiro may have had some type of history like the Atlezza 200 or the Japanese Version of the SC300.
Does anyone know much information about this company evolution that makes body kits for I35's/Cerios?