Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

Pictures of my Cefiro Headlights! :)

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2003, 08:56 PM

Pictures of my Cefiro Headlights! :)

Hey guys, finally installed my headlights, not too bad a job, just splicing and checking what wires are what. Ran out of connectors man that's a ***** :P Be prepared when doing any job with all tools needed

Anyway here's the final result! I know it probably looks like every other I30 out there on here But hey, I think I'm the second I30 in Canada, and the first in Ontario to have it..

Click for first picture!

Click for second picture!

Hope ya like! Will have more pictures in the light :P Was in a rush to get some prelims up
Old 09-09-2003, 09:10 PM
ado

Sweet... You are pretty fast with the install.
Old 09-09-2003, 09:39 PM
Moderator who thinks he is better than us with his I30

looks good. Did you hook up the city lights?

You might want to look into getting corner lights that match the headlights....
Old 09-09-2003, 11:35 PM

It could have been ME! lol but i chose to do other mods b4 the lights and grille... next summer we'll own Ontario with our Cefiro conversions
Old 09-10-2003, 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by ado
Sweet... You are pretty fast with the install.
Yep that was just about the easiest install! It's just like plug and play except for the wiring! That can be a ***** as the headlights don't have much wiring comming out. I recommend anyone doing this mod to use disconnectable connectors (the ones you get in crimping sets) so that you can make the male end side look like a connector (tape the three up after you put it on the wires) and on the other side the females just hook up (and you can make sure you have the right wirings). I screwed up my wiring once and it looked right except slightly dim .. Turns out I had two swapped, but high/lo was working, but it found it's own ground and tricked me. I had to redo so the light is brighter now. Love them!

Originally Posted by I30tMikeD

Yep city lights are hooked up! Love them!

Do you mean something like those silver bulbs that glow orange? or just clear bulbs? I think I'm pushing it here in canada without a reflector on the corners (ticket maybe?) But I might consider it if it makes it look better......

Originally Posted by MarpsI30t
could have been ME! lol but i chose to do other mods b4 the lights and grille... next summer we'll own Ontario with our Cefiro conversions
We OWNNN Ontario :P What kind of mods are you doing before the headlights (side skirts/front lip?)? Next for me is horiz grill and chrome hood ornament as soon as it's back from the GD ... I think that'll make it look sporty, yet the ornament will make it look classy .. What do you think? Yeah I think we're owning Ontario in the I30 mods
Old 09-10-2003, 04:17 AM

That looks real nice I think I'll do that to mine, once I get some extra money, lol. All the other headlight mods I've seen didn't have the orange indicator/corner lights, which is a legal requirement in New Zealand.

I like your bumper too, the rounder look to it compared to mine makes it look more classy Lol, you look to have the best car on your stree, compared to the others in the background
Old 09-10-2003, 04:20 AM

Thanks! The corner lights are orange mainly cuz the bulbs inside are! It's just a reflection of the bulb that makes it appear orange... Hope that's legal here But don't think the cops will notice ...

Yep I think it's the best car on the street here :P Someone has a volvo but it's older and I don't think it's any comparison with the Infiniti! :P

Thanks for the compliments
Old 09-10-2003, 04:33 AM

Just checked the website of NZ LTSA website and according to what it says, I was wrong, I can have white indicators at the front, and red at the back. But since my car was not imported from America, I cannot have a combined indicator and brake light, they have to be seperate. So, more options are available

How much did the headlights cost? I'd probably have to import them since the Cefiros here in NZ have two peice headlights
Old 09-10-2003, 05:18 AM

Pcitures of my Cefiro Headlights!

Hi Steve: was that the GD from MaxJoJo or Angel ?
The installation looks pretty classy...

I'm in Toronto too (R.Hill exactly), and I'd be there w/ Cefiro pretty soon. (sometimes it isn't about $, it's about doing thing right, having driving alot at night, I've the concern on beam pattern for myself and the other vehicles).
BTW, thanks Very Very much for the write-up the other day.
Did u finally have some pic on "beam pattern" ?

Speak to u soon.

Hinoi30
Old 09-10-2003, 05:39 AM

Actually I bought it from ado -- from Canada, he imported it himself from Taiwan. It was cheaper because I avoided duties/taxes over the border (if I bought from Ange or MaxMoJo).

Did I write something up? Maybe I jabbered stuff here and there, but the thing is almost plug and play

BTW You live fairly close, I'm just over in North York ..

I'll take some pics of the beam pattern soon, I haven't adjusted it yet but from what I can tell it looks alright as is, might need slight adjustment I'll send you guys the picture and you tell me if it's right and I'll adjust it

One thing about beam pattern tho -- I left the H4's in, they have a sharper cutoff (cover over filament inside the bulb). If you really want a legit replacement that would probably give you a wider spread for driving at night, you could replace the bulb with HB2/9003 which is the US standard for H4. It's basically an H4 bulb but different setup. You could definately use that and you won't have the sharp cutoff .. I may go for that depending on how my night driving is ...
Old 09-10-2003, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by InfiniSteve
One thing about beam pattern tho -- I left the H4's in, they have a sharper cutoff (cover over filament inside the bulb). If you really want a legit replacement that would probably give you a wider spread for driving at night, you could replace the bulb with HB2/9003 which is the US standard for H4. It's basically an H4 bulb but different setup. ...
Hi Steve:
Did you observe if the reflector on this one-piece headlight being designed for horizontal bulb filament or vertical ? The stock reflector is for horizontal...

tks
hinoi30
Old 09-10-2003, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by hinoi30
Hi Steve:
Did you observe if the reflector on this one-piece headlight being designed for horizontal bulb filament or vertical ? The stock reflector is for horizontal...

tks
hinoi30
hinoi30, sorry I'm not sure what to look for. I can pose this question to Daniel Stern the lighting expert to find out.

How does it affect the light bulb? Does this mean the housing is meant only for H4 but not the other bulbs? I highly doubt H4 differs much from HB2/9003. I think the standard is just a subset of H4 but more strict.
Old 09-10-2003, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by I30tMikeD

InfiniSteve - Looks great man, I think this is one of the best things for our cars, it just makes the front end look sooooo nice.

I30tMikeD - I have tried to get my corner lights to match my headlights but it seems like the corner ones are some how tinted. I have put PIAA super whites in the corners and they are more yellow then the stock H4s the lights came with. Does anyone else have this problem.
Old 09-10-2003, 02:25 PM

Nooooo.....those skirts are ri-god-damn-diculously expensive....mine is being lowered in about 2 weeks, i've got rims, a system, and i'm getting a CAI for fun, but next will definitly be cefiro parts!
Old 09-10-2003, 03:01 PM

Nooooo.....those skirts are ri-god-damn-diculously expensive....mine is being lowered in about 2 weeks, i've got rims, a system, and i'm getting a CAI for fun, but next will definitly be cefiro parts!
I'm getting a front lip from MaxMoJo next round.. and side+rear from a ionic designs .. I think that will be fairly cheap .. other than paint...
Old 09-10-2003, 04:15 PM
Says.."No mo Maximas for me!"

Steve - it looks great. Try and use smaller pics.

Matt - You're right hand drive, so you will need lights from Japan or other RHD countries. Speak to SYCEFIRO, maybe he can get those for you as well.
Old 09-10-2003, 05:22 PM

Oh, damn how do LHD and RHD lights differ?
Old 09-10-2003, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Matt_NZ
Oh, damn how do LHD and RHD lights differ?
Matt no worries! I highly suspect it's MUCH cheaper for you for RHD lights since there's more cefiro's out there RHD. Like 90% of the one-piece lights are RHD. Check some places nearby that are RHD .. I'm sure you can get it cheaper than what we pay.

The beam pattern is different. You can tell mostly by looking at the reflectors in the headlights. On the drivers side, there is more of a pie shape that gets bigger that starts at the lights, and works it's way towards the corner light, as it gets bigger. Take a look at my headlights before I put them on: http://www.shopmystuff.com/images/cefiro/cefiro.html, especially the right side (our driver's side). If you look closely you can see that pie shape starting at the headlight and going to the right towards the side marker ... Yours will be the opposite where the pie goes towards the left on that side. Doh does this make sense? I'm drunk :P
Old 09-10-2003, 06:24 PM

Steve, i think we need to get some cefiro gauge rings and maybe some indiglo gauges. I'm anxious to see what your skirts are going to look like! Are you going to do any engine mods at all??
Old 09-10-2003, 07:15 PM

Steve, i think we need to get some cefiro gauge rings and maybe some indiglo gauges. I'm anxious to see what your skirts are going to look like! Are you going to do any engine mods at all??
Hey Marps, I like the idea of the cefiro gauge rings, just worried about messing something up when I try to put it in :P And I like the indiglo but only if I had the same setup but in km (km first, then miles in the center) like it is now but in indiglo. I've seen some other setups on that and the lettering was all wierd and looked dumb :P If you know of a good match I'd be up for it with u! Check out www.ionicdesigns.com for the skirts from the maxima, the sides fit perfect, if you get a two-piece rear it'll be easier to fit on (than a whole bumper)... Maybe we can do a group deal (parts + labor to get it painted) me and u hehe
Old 09-11-2003, 06:19 AM

Hey Marps, I like the idea of the cefiro gauge rings, just worried about messing something up when I try to put it in :P And I like the indiglo but only if I had the same setup but in km (km first, then miles in the center) like it is now but in indiglo. I've seen some other setups on that and the lettering was all wierd and looked dumb :P If you know of a good match I'd be up for it with u! Check out www.ionicdesigns.com for the skirts from the maxima, the sides fit perfect, if you get a two-piece rear it'll be easier to fit on (than a whole bumper)... Maybe we can do a group deal (parts + labor to get it painted) me and u hehe
Good moring Steve:
please count me if this is local and if Maps ok with it too. More people, strong bargaining power (P+L cost).
Old 09-12-2003, 06:20 AM

steve, the cefiros are lookin good man. i'm gettin mine from ange's GD. should be in soon. here's a link to my cardomain website if you guys wanna see how the chrome gauge rings and reverse indiglo gauges look in a I30t. get em, they look real nice
scroll down the page and check em out.
http://www.cardomain.com/member_page...=222640&page=3
Old 10-02-2003, 02:34 PM

Hey guys, finally installed my headlights, not too bad a job, just splicing and checking what wires are what. Ran out of connectors man that's a ***** :P Be prepared when doing any job with all tools needed

Anyway here's the final result! I know it probably looks like every other I30 out there on here But hey, I think I'm the second I30 in Canada, and the first in Ontario to have it..

Click for first picture!

Click for second picture!

Hope ya like! Will have more pictures in the light :P Was in a rush to get some prelims up
hey steve, can u help direct me to a site that has instructions on how to install the cefiro one piece headlights and what i need to buy as far as H4 harnesses etc.. thanks in advance
Old 10-03-2003, 08:46 AM
Chick specializing in rounding up 100+ Maximas

Welcome to the one-piece headlight club