Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

Need Help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2003, 02:02 PM

Need Help!!!!

Recently, i can hear some flapping noise coming from front end of the car. this flapping sound is only made when i'm driving around 30 to 45ish mph. and i check under the car to see if anything could be flapping to make noise but i'm not able to see anything. any ideas?
Old 09-24-2003, 04:43 PM
Got Projectors?

Originally Posted by ][ 35
Recently, i can hear some flapping noise coming from front end of the car. this flapping sound is only made when i'm driving around 30 to 45ish mph. and i check under the car to see if anything could be flapping to make noise but i'm not able to see anything. any ideas?

There are some underbody kinda plastic diffusers or shields that are held in by a plug or two. I'd look to see if maybe one of your plugs has come out and see if any of those plastic pieces are loose.
Old 09-24-2003, 09:19 PM

there is 2 plug that is missing... i guess the damn shop lost them when they took it off to install the UDP.... i guess i need to contact the dealer to find out if they sell those plugs...... and hope this will fix it... thanks metaorbit...
Old 09-24-2003, 09:38 PM
Got Projectors?

Originally Posted by ][ 35
there is 2 plug that is missing... i guess the damn shop lost them when they took it off to install the UDP.... i guess i need to contact the dealer to find out if they sell those plugs...... and hope this will fix it... thanks metaorbit...
Yeah no problem man. Something you might want to try though is zip ties.

I had to remove some of those pieces under the car when I was putting the front lip on mine. As it turned out, I couldn't get the plugs back in, so I just used zip ties to tie all those pieces together tight. It's still holding and it's easy to remove if I need to. You might want to try that first before going to the dealer.
Old 09-25-2003, 05:26 PM

Thats really true. All the dealer will do is rip you off. For example, how much is a in cabin filter typically selling for our cars? Well a friendly trip to your local Infiniti Dealer will leave you shelling out $80 bucks for it. Crazy if you ask me.
Old 09-25-2003, 05:27 PM

cool thanks for the tip... i'll try that this weekend...