Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

Not a new question, but how do you program the remote?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2003, 04:12 PM
attomica

Not a new question, but how do you program the remote?

I know this has been asked before, but I can't find a good write-up on it. All I've seen is cryptic, vague words on the matter.

Can someone with real know-how please tell me how to program a remote for a 2000 I30t? As a recent buyer, I need to know how since my car only came with one. Another question...does the FCC ID have to match my current remote or do I need one with a different FCC ID?

Thanks for any real help.

Old 10-30-2003, 12:28 PM
attomica

Well, compared to the automotive forum I usually frequent, this one is pretty dead, so I'm not suprised by the lack of response. Anyway, I figured it out using a composite of the "write-ups" I was able to find. Here 'tis:

1. Get in with the new remote and close all the doors and lock them using the lock button on the door.
2. Insert and remove the ignition key into the ignition slot six times within ten seconds. The hazard flashers should flash twice to indicate programming mode is now active.
3. Insert the ignition key and turn to ACC.
4. Press the "Lock" button on the remote. The hazard flashers should flash once to indicate the remote's ID has been accepted.

When you open a door to exit, programming mode will revert to inactive.

It was really easy.