Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

Service Engine Soon Light?????

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2003, 03:08 PM

Service Engine Soon Light?????

As I was drivin home from school today, I noticed the "Service Engine Soon" Light turned on. I am not sure why since i change my oil fluids regular, tranny flush about a month ago, I purchased the car back in July 2002 and I had a full Tune Up. I always fill up 93 Octane from Exxon. My car is running smooth and I am not sure on why the light has turned on. Is it possible since I hear its most common when the light turns on it may be the O2 sensor causing it. By the way my car has 55100 miles on it.
Old 10-23-2003, 03:50 PM

just try resetting the ECU.... i had SES light for no reason out of the blue and i just reset the ECU and it's been fine after that....
Old 10-23-2003, 06:34 PM

What a coincidence.

Originally Posted by ][ 35
just try resetting the ECU.... i had SES light for no reason out of the blue and i just reset the ECU and it's been fine after that....
I was just about to post the same question isn't that ironic. Anyway my service engine soon light was on also. I took it to the shop and my mechanic hooked it up to the computer and it read engine heat sensor was bad. My mechanic double checked and come to find out the sensor was disconnected. You seem to take good care of your car so check that sensor out it could be the problem.
Old 10-24-2003, 02:24 PM

Today I went with my friend to Autozone since they give free diagnostic checks for cars. On the machine it read that there was a problem with P1605 thats all it read. He said you have to check with the owners manual, which I did but i couldn't find the code name. So I called up Nissan since its pretty much teh same car and its teh closest dealership around just to ask them a simple question on what that code meant.. and the guy said u need an appointmetn for us to check it out.. yet the guy reset the ECU already, and I don't feel like gettin ripped off I just wanted to know what the code meant.. and if there was a prob try gettin the part someplace cheap then goin through a dealarship. So If anyone can help and answer my question on what P1605 is and y thats the problem that the engine light turned on.. Thanks in advance.
Old 10-24-2003, 02:39 PM

You know if you get one of those Chilton '97 I30 Repair manuals there is a section that gives meaning to all the codes. There was one on Ebay but I gambled to long and missed the deadline.
Old 10-26-2003, 03:02 PM

Ok tihs is the thing... i researhced what that code meant and it says its an "A/T Diagnosis Communication Line" what the hell is that supposed to mean..lol.. i hope its not serious cuz if it is.. thats gonna be costin me alottttt of money so if anyone knows what this means pleezz help me out.. cuz i was drivin my car today and it was shiftin smooth and everything.. but this thing is buggin me and playin with my head makin me feel that my car is messed up.. thanks for your help
Old 10-30-2003, 12:42 PM

I have the Haynes manual for the 2000-2003 Maxima, and it states that this code means that the Transmission Control Unit is Shot (easy to change) , or there is a broken circuit in the transmission wiring. So I would check all transmission wiring connections for exposure to water and dirt. The wiring diagrams can only be found in a manual, so I would invest in one. Regardless, if your car is still shifting correctly, I wouldn't think you have an expensive problem.

Originally Posted by Icemann384
Ok tihs is the thing... i researhced what that code meant and it says its an "A/T Diagnosis Communication Line" what the hell is that supposed to mean..lol.. i hope its not serious cuz if it is.. thats gonna be costin me alottttt of money so if anyone knows what this means pleezz help me out.. cuz i was drivin my car today and it was shiftin smooth and everything.. but this thing is buggin me and playin with my head makin me feel that my car is messed up.. thanks for your help