Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

FINALLY, A Way to get a body kit from Evolution.

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2004, 04:55 PM

FINALLY, A Way to get a body kit from Evolution.

That’s right, I have finally landed a contact to Japan that has the ability to order the body kits for the I35. They are located in Hawaii and can order merchandise from Evolution. In the past there was a problem with the specs in accordance to the USDM specs. However, Evolution now makes the kit fitment for our I series. Turn around time from placing your order will be about 4-6 weeks. (This is long but you must understand US customs takes up most of that time inspecting the package.) Also the cost is roughly $1200 US currency. Shipping is where the pinch comes to play. Being real with you guys, it could get as high as $900 being the product is too large for normal delivery. So it will be air shipped from Japan to Hawaii and then air shipped from Hawaii to the continental US. (Up to $600 from Japan to U.S. shore and at no more than $300 from Hawaii to here. Then there are custom fees and clearance charges, etc.) We can get a 2 or 3 person group buy going and get a nice discount on the shipping cost. (If we can get more people, there maybe a discount on the kit itself.) This is no B.S. I am not trying to swindle anyone. And I will, regardless if others buy with me or not, get a kit. Anyone interested in buying one can email me at gqmac2@hotmail.com or gqmac2@yahoo.com. There is no time limit on this but I would like to get the deal in the works within the next 2 months.

Roger.

Oh and here is a link to the kit.

http://www.evolution.co.jp/signature...a33/index.html
Old 05-17-2004, 05:22 PM
Moderator who thinks he is better than us with his I30

Good work! Way to come through
Old 05-17-2004, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by I30tMikeD
Good work! Way to come through
I just hope this time people take advantage of this deal. I really hope so.
Old 05-18-2004, 01:45 PM

F*CK! F*CK! F*CK!

I wish you would have found this a couple of months ago. I would be all over this. I was a definate buy on all of the other GD's (that failed) on this kit... But I will be going off to school soon and need to save my money.

Great job on this though I hope we can keep this connection open, so I can purchase this kit when I feel more secure about my financial situation.
Old 05-18-2004, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by NewLoveI30
F*CK! F*CK! F*CK!

I wish you would have found this a couple of months ago. I would be all over this. I was a definate buy on all of the other GD's (that failed) on this kit... But I will be going off to school soon and need to save my money.

Great job on this though I hope we can keep this connection open, so I can purchase this kit when I feel more secure about my financial situation.
Its open at any time NL. Trust me, the contact I have, informed me flat out that each frieght holds two kits easy. So you can always get a kit with another person on these boards and split the shipping cost in half anytime you wish. I managed to get a deal going where we could get a discount on the actual kit itself. All we need to do is group up at least 4 serious buyers and the dealer will provide a substantial discount. Well that and the garauntee we will not copy cat the body kit. Allow me to explain.

The problem and sole reason this company has been so difficult to get in touch with deals knock off competition. When people put in to buy a kit and fabricate a replica under a new company name... well not only does that cause fair competition problems, but it stops corporations such as V.I.S., Nismo, Evolution, Mugen, etc from wanting to do business with us. Here is a quote from Clint, my contact in Hawaii which involves one company that you may be familiar with;

"we are authorized importers for a number of selective JDM aero-manufacturers that until recently wouldn't work with US customers. One reason is because of the huge market and demand for making copy kits in the US... Japan companies are extremely angry about having their kits copied and money being made on their hard work and designs here, so many simply refuse to market their products outside of Japan. Many companies that used to work with the US have stopped doing so because of this. Also often they will not respond to inquiries from the US, or flat out refuse to deal with anyone here... as you might have found out by trying to contact Evolution directly. Some of the genuine kits we import have fallen into the hands of such companies as Andy's Autosport (who made copies of J-Blood AE-86 kits and named them their "BloodLine" kit and then publicly tried to bash the quality of the original kit in order to sell their own line), who have taken originals and made copies that they market as their own (in the process ruining the reputation of and market for the original product)... so we have to be selective about who we sell these kits to. Copy kits eventually find their way back to Japan (and also throughout the world) and ruin the market there as well."
Old 05-18-2004, 02:41 PM

I don't see much of a difference in appearance between my car and the car shown in Evolution website here:

http://www.evolution.co.jp/signature...a32/index.html

And my car is just stock. Can someone explain the difference between this car and your A32 ?!?

Thanks
Old 05-18-2004, 03:08 PM

I believe that kit is designed from the US I30. The A32 in Japan has different bumpers than we have here from what I understand. That's why it looks so similar to your car.
Old 05-18-2004, 03:40 PM

So many people have been getting the wrong information on this that its very hard to know what is really going on. Here is the real deal. There is a conflict with model kits they have available for Japanese vehicles (Cefiro A32's and A33's) and the ones they make for USDM models (I30's and I35's). The A33 kit is for 2000-current year I30's and I35's. The only problem that exists is with the rear valance. Japanese models have 1 exhaust tip where US I models have 2 exhaust tips. You will need to take measurements on this but that should not be a problem. Evolution does make body kits that comply to the USDM codes for our vehicles. No B.S.
Old 05-18-2004, 05:16 PM

heyyyyyy alright. . .

1. I'm from Hawaii, whose ur contact because I couldn't find anybody to hook me up with the evolution kit!

2. I would only need the evolution front bumper. How much would that cost? I need it for the A32 Cefiro. And um. .. if u notice on the A32 evolution kit, the I30 has sideskirts.. . the front bumper is made lower to match the sideskirts.. . the Cefiro in japan has a different stock bumper.

I guess if I can get a good estimate as to how much this is going to cost, or if this is going to be a reality, I can make my final decision. . If not, I'm just gonna get the A32 Front lip from paradox.. .
Old 05-19-2004, 12:13 PM

WOW!!! GREAT JOB GQ! I thought for sure this deal was dead!!! Unfortunately...I spent the money I had saved for teh body kit on a motorcycle so I can't get in on this right now. But, keep the contact lines open and I will see what I can come up with in a month or so. Again, GREAT WORK!
Old 05-19-2004, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by PmpLuxCEO
heyyyyyy alright. . .

1. I'm from Hawaii, whose ur contact because I couldn't find anybody to hook me up with the evolution kit!

2. I would only need the evolution front bumper. How much would that cost? I need it for the A32 Cefiro. And um. .. if u notice on the A32 evolution kit, the I30 has sideskirts.. . the front bumper is made lower to match the sideskirts.. . the Cefiro in japan has a different stock bumper.

I guess if I can get a good estimate as to how much this is going to cost, or if this is going to be a reality, I can make my final decision. . If not, I'm just gonna get the A32 Front lip from paradox.. .
Hey Pmp, I sent you a private message about my Hawaiian contact.
Old 05-22-2004, 04:28 PM

well gang I don't think anyone else is taking on the deal so, I am going to go ahead and prep my order. I will post pics once everything arrives (which should be in like 4-6 weeks.)
Old 05-22-2004, 05:28 PM

How much TOTAL to ship to NJ?
Old 05-22-2004, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by BEEI30
How much TOTAL to ship to NJ?
for the body kit, roughly around the same price I would have to pay. Possibly $700-$900 per crate. This is an estimate though on shipping for a single kit. But if you order it along with me we can split the shipping cost in half, which would be $350-$450. The kits are sent in crates via air-freight and can comfortably fit 2 kits per crate. There is a possibility there can be three kits sent in one crate also. So if you know anyone else that wants to order a kit with us, the shipping will be split 3 ways or $235-$300.
Old 05-22-2004, 06:06 PM

so its $1700 for a kit? there might be a problem cuz i dont know if it will fit my cefiro rear bumper.
Old 05-22-2004, 06:20 PM

so its $1700 for a kit? there might be a problem cuz i dont know if it will fit my cefiro rear bumper.
Yes it should be around $1700 for a kit with shipping is you order and split the shipping cost with me. The kit will fit. The issue that everyone made a humongous ordeal about dealt nothing with the true problem. (per Evolution) The situation about the rear bumper is whether your vehicle has a single muffler or dual muffler. (single meaning one on the passenger side only, dual meaning one on the passenager side and drivers side.)Their A33 Cefiro JDM kit will work with our USDM measurements because US I30s and I35's (2000-2004) are only offered with a single muffler exhaust. The kit should fit your I30 with no problem. (also I should note Evolution Inc. makes all thier kits per request to eliminate possible fitament problems.)
Old 05-23-2004, 10:44 PM

well i am thinking about getting on board here but i got a few questions 1) do i have to wait for someoneelse to get one since they get sent in a crate with 2 in them. 2) will shipping still be 300 to mpls and 3) gqmac werent you the same guy that gave the other dealer the fith degree about security on the deal from jpn? i am really interested and if they will fit i want to pull the trigger on this **** finally. btw does anyone know how much (ballpark) it is to get something like this painted?
Old 05-24-2004, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Karkov
well i am thinking about getting on board here but i got a few questions 1) do i have to wait for someoneelse to get one since they get sent in a crate with 2 in them. 2) will shipping still be 300 to mpls and 3) gqmac werent you the same guy that gave the other dealer the fith degree about security on the deal from jpn? i am really interested and if they will fit i want to pull the trigger on this **** finally. btw does anyone know how much (ballpark) it is to get something like this painted?

Karkov I will answer your questions for you.

1.) Right now, I am the only person that is for sure going ahead with the deal so your order would be shipped with mine.
2.) Shipping should be 350-450. It just depends on the time of shipping, etc. But expect the cost of shipping to be between that price for us ordering and dividing the cost in half.
3.) Yes I was the guy that gave Mojo a ton of questions. But the questions I had did not deal with the Evolution kit or fit. (I knew this kit would work with the I35, I just could not find a contact in Japan to order it from.) My concern dealt with the knock off kit Mojo wanted to design after ordering a single kit from someone that could get it from Evolution supposedly but we later found out he could not get the Evolution Signature body kit, but the kit from New Zealand. (You recall the one that looked kinda odd on an I series?) Not that I doubted Mojo's credibility, but I did not want to partake in destroying another possible contact in Japan by us ordering a kit, fabricating it, and risk word getting back to Japan and believe me it would. (Remember, this is the same thing that happened with J-BLOOD AE-86 kits after Andy's Autoworld decided to do this same thing and called his kits Blood Line.) This event alone caused a surge in several companies doing business with the US. (eg. The reasoning behind Lowenhart wheels being soo expensive. Dazzmotorsports had to make an arrangement with Lowenhart to create its own independent wheel lines, like Maido, Maya, etc. in order to distribute Lowenhart in the US.) Sad part is Diablo wheels are a direct knock off of this wheel company.

But back to your question, thats why I wanted a conformation that my kit would be authentic. These are things me and Mojo dicussed via P.M. Its very difficult to order from companies in Japan directly such as Evolution, Auto-Couture, Fabulous, VIP, etc. But the company I found that is capable of ordering the kit is located in Hawaii and they are able to get kits, wheels, aftermaket parts, etc from these over seas companies. Just let me know if you are serious about purchasing the kit.
Old 05-25-2004, 12:40 AM

bleh... i wish i was seriously into fixing my car up... as of now, i only have handling mods, and thats where im gonna end. no $$$ to waste hey gq good luck with the kit!! make sure you take lots of pics when you get it!
Old 05-25-2004, 03:11 AM

Damn how much I would love to get my hands on a A32 kit for my european Maxima-QX

I love the way they made the bumpers lower to match with those skirts while remaining a classy look and not looking ricy!

How much would it cost me to get a complete kit without the trunkspoiler to the Netherlands??
Old 05-25-2004, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by v6maximus
Damn how much I would love to get my hands on a A32 kit for my european Maxima-QX

I love the way they made the bumpers lower to match with those skirts while remaining a classy look and not looking ricy!

How much would it cost me to get a complete kit without the trunkspoiler to the Netherlands??
I am not quite sure but I can check to find out for you. I would think it would be just a little bit more to ship a kit to you in the Netherlands.
Old 05-31-2004, 11:45 AM

If you can check it our for me I would be gratefull

What I want is:

Front bumper
Side skirts
Rear bumper

(by the way, those are complete bumpers, or are they only supplied with lip spoilers that are molded to the stock bumper? In other words, if I want this kit, do I get complete bumpers with wich I can replace my stock E-spec bumpers? Including fog lights and sidemarkers for in the bumper?)
Old 06-01-2004, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by v6maximus
If you can check it our for me I would be gratefull

What I want is:

Front bumper
Side skirts
Rear bumper

(by the way, those are complete bumpers, or are they only supplied with lip spoilers that are molded to the stock bumper? In other words, if I want this kit, do I get complete bumpers with wich I can replace my stock E-spec bumpers? Including fog lights and sidemarkers for in the bumper?)
Let me check on that also. I am awaiting word back from Japan now.
Old 06-05-2004, 01:50 PM

I checked and I was told they can not ship to the netherlandands. I also checked on the design and was told the kit is an attachment to the body itself.
Old 06-05-2004, 05:06 PM

can i get ur side skirts if u get the bodykit?
Old 06-09-2004, 05:42 PM

can i get ur side skirts if u get the bodykit?
I will check and see if the side sills are gonna actually come off once I get the kit.