Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

Guys with clear bumper lenses, I need help with rear install!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2004, 07:52 AM
G37S > I35 > UR Max

Guys with clear bumper lenses, I need help with rear install!

Hey guys, I checked around and search doesn't work. I found one thread with info but it wasn't detailed.

I installed the front clear bumper lenses already. I left the two red stock ones on in the back because the fitment issue was annoying me. I already have a dremel, and fix the fronts and use 3m doulbeside molding tape to keep them in. The thing is I can't figure out what to do for installing the rear lights. Even my g20t rear bumper lenses wasn't nowhere near this complicated. Can you guys with the clear bumper lights send me a pm or email on a write up on detail ideas/instructions to get them to fit. My email is dredboy@hotmail.com or send a pm. You guys should have a write up in the faq that details what to do for the rear. The generic instructions say nothing or maybe it's my car because i drive an 04.
Old 08-27-2004, 10:59 AM
G37S > I35 > UR Max

^^Bump^^

Come on guys, I need some help here. I want to install the rears before i head on a trip this weekend. Thanks
Old 08-27-2004, 11:11 AM
Got Projectors?

I think kalbundy installed the rear clears...he might be able to help you. I never put my rears in. Doesn't look right to me.
Old 08-27-2004, 11:36 AM
G37S > I35 > UR Max

Originally Posted by MetaOrbit
I think kalbundy installed the rear clears...he might be able to help you. I never put my rears in. Doesn't look right to me.
Hey metaorbit, on your www. site, you list a guy name LP who sells the front lip, two piece spoiler. Does he still sell them? Do you have his contact info so i can buy me a set. thanks

Damn I just hijacked my own thread.
Old 12-23-2004, 10:55 PM

can't install rear either

i have an 00 i30t and rear clears won't seem to fit
the rear fender is on the way, i guess, so the clears won't fit
any ideas?
did you have to modify the clear itself?

i might be able to take some pictures soon
Old 12-24-2004, 02:46 PM

Honestly, whether my opinion matters to you or not, I like the look of the reds in the back. I'm with Meta on this and I don't think the clears on the back looks right, unless you have clear tails as well and use colored bulbs like on some Lexus SUV's; And then again, I only think the 100% all-around clear/chrome look from front to back only looks good on silver cars...sometimes.
Old 12-24-2004, 02:50 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I installed the rears, cutting the little gray bulb housing to where there was no more gray sticking out, you gotta do it without cutting the cables then it will fit. Make sure you put some silicone after you cut it so no humidity wont come in.
Old 12-24-2004, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by orlando00i30
I installed the rears, cutting the little gray bulb housing to where there was no more gray sticking out, you gotta do it without cutting the cables then it will fit. Make sure you put some silicone after you cut it so no humidity wont come in.
orlando thanx for the reply
i kind of did that.
i did exactly what you did
but it still won't fit
i'll see if I can take some more of the gray plastic off

thanx
Old 12-24-2004, 06:55 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by flyhye
orlando thanx for the reply
i kind of did that.
i did exactly what you did
but it still won't fit
i'll see if I can take some more of the gray plastic off

thanx
the grey gotta come down almost to where you can see the cables connecting
Old 06-03-2005, 01:45 PM
01 I30 .. aka White Diamond

I like the clears on the front.............and not the back.
Old 06-03-2005, 04:38 PM
G37S > I35 > UR Max

Originally Posted by flewdawg
I like the clears on the front.............and not the back.
Wow old thread. That's what i did, I modified the rears to fit but did not like the clear look on the rear at all. Only problem I have now is the front has moisture in them and they lost the really clear look. The piaas i have in the clears use to shine bright blue/white to match my HIDs, now the clears are giving me a hint of yellow/white and it looks dull. I will look at it this weekend and see if i can seal up in leaks or cracks.
Old 06-03-2005, 07:01 PM
01 I30 .. aka White Diamond

Originally Posted by leeI35
Wow old thread. That's what i did, I modified the rears to fit but did not like the clear look on the rear at all. Only problem I have now is the front has moisture in them and they lost the really clear look. The piaas i have in the clears use to shine bright blue/white to match my HIDs, now the clears are giving me a hint of yellow/white and it looks dull. I will look at it this weekend and see if i can seal up in leaks or cracks.
Yeah, I had to dig it up........ready to start my mods

Your car look really nice with the clear front. Nice work
Old 06-04-2005, 01:20 AM

Just cut down the plastic around the wires until the light fits in without resistance.

I had trouble with my clears not fitting tightly enough to where they sort of sagged. To fix this I replaced the crappy plastic fasteners with the metal ones from the stock side markers. This keeps them in there really well.