Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

More LED Mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2004, 05:04 PM
Got Projectors?

More LED Mirrors

I know this has been discussed in the past, but I've come across some new LED mirrors for the A33. These are Nissan OEM, and look pretty good to me. This would also curb my desire to cut into the sheetmetal on my fenders to add a sidemarker lamp.

Anyways, can anyone get ahold of these things? They're on the Nissan Middle East site, so I figured maybe some of you Saudi/UAE members might have a shot at getting them. MaxMojo - maybe you could work some of your magic?

Anyone have a source? Or will I have to dig up another dealer halfway across the world to get what I want?

http://www.nissan-me.com/maxima/maxima_accessories.htm

"Door Mirror Cover with Turn Signal"
Old 08-31-2004, 03:35 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Thats whats up... and they will look nice on your car, well any car for that matter!
Old 08-31-2004, 04:26 AM
Says.."No mo Maximas for me!"

Nice, MetaOrbit. Keep me posted if any leads should come up. I'm interested. Anybody know if I35 and Maxima mirrors are the same?
Old 08-31-2004, 05:40 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Those are the nicest mirror cover with turn signal I've seen to far. Those are tight. It would be nice if they could make their way over here.
Old 08-31-2004, 07:54 AM

Hey everybody, those are nice looking! I just emailed one of the dealers in Saudi Arabia asking them if they can ship them to the us and how much in US dollars it would cost. I will let you know if I hear back from them. To be honest, I don't even know what the hell I am doing, but I thought I would try it.
Old 08-31-2004, 08:19 AM

thanks for stepping up doc
Old 08-31-2004, 08:39 AM

any time! Everyone on here has been a big help to me since I joined a little while ago. It's the least I can do to help others if an when I can. I just hope I can get some answers for you all. I will let you know as soon as I hear anything.
Old 08-31-2004, 12:53 PM
Got Projectors?

Originally Posted by max5spd
Nice, MetaOrbit. Keep me posted if any leads should come up. I'm interested. Anybody know if I35 and Maxima mirrors are the same?
The old LED mirror shells that used to be for sale fit both the A33 I30/I35 and maxima, so I don't see why these would be any different. Hopefully, for both our sakes, this is the case!
Old 08-31-2004, 01:02 PM

Yeah, I have the old LED mirror shells on my 96 i30 and from my understanding, they fit the maximas and I35's. I like the way the old ones look as well, but these are obviously nicer and more up to date. I hope to hear something back from them soon.

Again, I will let you know what I hear, if anything.
Old 09-02-2004, 08:59 AM
G37S > I35 > UR Max

Originally Posted by Dr.Monkey1313
Yeah, I have the old LED mirror shells on my 96 i30 and from my understanding, they fit the maximas and I35's. I like the way the old ones look as well, but these are obviously nicer and more up to date. I hope to hear something back from them soon.

Those mirrors look really nice. Infiniti should have offered them anyway on most of their models. Can't wait for you to get an answer from overseas.
Old 09-02-2004, 11:44 AM
Got Projectors?

Infiniti should have offered a LOT of things that the overseas markets got. But eh, just makes you more original when you find a way to get it yourself.
Old 09-02-2004, 02:32 PM

Well, I have not heard anything from overseas as of tonight. I am still keeping my fingers crossed and if I don't hear anything form them by tomorrow morning, I will try them again.

I wish I had some news for you guys.
Old 09-08-2004, 07:19 PM

The A32 Covers Fit The A33?

I have an A32, so I should be able to get a pair of A33 (I35) covers?
Old 09-08-2004, 07:44 PM

if you guys can get these mirrors i would like a set.
Old 09-09-2004, 02:53 AM

I have very similar mirrors on my car in chrome. They are from Nissan. They are good enough i guess. I don't really like the amber and wishe they were white instead. If you need pics you can check my cr domain page.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/thecud
Old 09-09-2004, 06:38 AM

those mirrors look sweet hope we can get them im prob in for a set if we can and they arent two expensive.
Old 09-09-2004, 08:28 AM
G37S > I35 > UR Max

Originally Posted by Mack Daddy
I have very similar mirrors on my car in chrome. They are from Nissan. They are good enough i guess. I don't really like the amber and wishe they were white instead. If you need pics you can check my cr domain page.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/thecud
I am wondering if the chrome can be taken off and repainted with OEM paint. Did your mirrors come in other colors besides chrome, or was chrome the only choice? Were they easy to order? I would like hook up with you, so we could get a set over here in the states. I could paypal you the money and everything.
Old 09-16-2004, 08:57 AM

Any updates on these mirrors!!

I want these. LIke yesterday. any points of contact.

Roger
Old 09-16-2004, 01:41 PM

I got a quote from a dealership in Dudai of 750.000 DHS that's UAE currency. So that is about $205 US. I'm still working on shipping charges. So far I'm coming up with 1771.000 DHS, that's $485 US for shipping charges only!!! Does that sound right to anyone??? I've never shipped nor received anything from overseas. Mack Daddy, could you shed some light on this matter?
Old 09-16-2004, 05:39 PM

Love the site Meta! You always come up with cool OE stuff... Unfortunately the parts are always overseas. lol

Maybe we could get a GD going to save on shipping. I like them too... I just have to find a job before I can start spending money
Old 09-16-2004, 06:04 PM
Got Projectors?

Originally Posted by NewLoveI30
Love the site Meta! You always come up with cool OE stuff... Unfortunately the parts are always overseas. lol

Maybe we could get a GD going to save on shipping. I like them too... I just have to find a job before I can start spending money
LOL..thanks. I'd love these mirrors, and I've been known to overpay for these overseas parts in the past, however, $485 is just TOO much. Hell, $200 is too much IMO. Considering the other LED mirror shells we could get here before were about $75 ish...that's a lot.

Something that needs to be taken into account though - are these mirrors painted or unpainted? That would explain some of the cost if they were. And it's my understanding that they're shells, and not complete mirrors, correct?
Old 09-16-2004, 07:57 PM

yes, they are covers. I know they are expensive, but look at it http://www.arabianautomobiles.com/ve...cessories.html
I would pay $200 for them, but the shipping charges are outrageous!
Old 09-16-2004, 08:37 PM

Ok a few people have shown interest and Arabian automobiles is like 2 miles from my house. I can probably get 20% off the price and I will ahve to look into shipping costs. My frind is the service manager at the other nissan dealership in ABuDhabi which is about 90 miles away and that is where I get my car serviced. I will see what he can do for me and if I get a few set I will see what the price is. Only probelm is there is no paypal here and getting paid would be a PITA. Let me have a look this week and I will get back with some results. THere are also aftermarket places that sell all these accesories and I will look to see if they have some. They often copy the original stuff exactly but it costs a fraction of the price. Patent and copyright laws are not strictly enforced here. I found some more headlights like mine as well but the boxes are so huge it would not be worth the cost of shipping them. THat is the other big issue here. Shipping. With the mirrors I should be able to pack them in small enough boxes to send however. I am not promising anything but I will look into it.
Oh by the way I live in the UAE which is nothing like Saudi Arabia. I would never live there.
Old 09-16-2004, 08:39 PM
Got Projectors?

I am not promising anything but I will look into it.

Would love to hear more when you find out. If paypal isn't an option perhaps we can work something out using money orders or having the dealership run the charges through using their CC services?
Old 09-17-2004, 12:25 AM
G37S > I35 > UR Max

Ok a few people have shown interest and Arabian automobiles is like 2 miles from my house. I can probably get 20% off the price and I will ahve to look into shipping costs. My frind is the service manager at the other nissan dealership in ABuDhabi which is about 90 miles away and that is where I get my car serviced. I will see what he can do for me and if I get a few set I will see what the price is. Only probelm is there is no paypal here and getting paid would be a PITA. Let me have a look this week and I will get back with some results. THere are also aftermarket places that sell all these accesories and I will look to see if they have some. They often copy the original stuff exactly but it costs a fraction of the price. Patent and copyright laws are not strictly enforced here. I found some more headlights like mine as well but the boxes are so huge it would not be worth the cost of shipping them. THat is the other big issue here. Shipping. With the mirrors I should be able to pack them in small enough boxes to send however. I am not promising anything but I will look into it.
Oh by the way I live in the UAE which is nothing like Saudi Arabia. I would never live there.
Hey mack-daddy - While you are inquiring about the mirrors, can you check for the front lip two piece spoiler. I want the pieces that metaorbit has on his front bumper. I tried contacting the LP guy but, he hasn't responded to me and this was a month ago. The peices belong to the GT-R maxima which is overseas. Thanks if you can!
Old 09-17-2004, 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by leeI35
Hey mack-daddy - While you are inquiring about the mirrors, can you check for the front lip two piece spoiler. I want the pieces that metaorbit has on his front bumper. I tried contacting the LP guy but, he hasn't responded to me and this was a month ago. The peices belong to the GT-R maxima which is overseas. Thanks if you can!
They don't have that lip spoiler here I have already inquired. There is a couple of companies here that import lips from Japan and another that custom makes whatever the hell you want. Anyway I have seen this one kit on 2 different cars that would blow your mind. IT is so smooth and nice but I haven't been able to find out where it is from. I have only seen the cars driving but if I see one parked i will leave a note on his windshield. I am pretty sure I can get some Evolution lips from Japan but shipping is bad here. I will take on something small like mirrors but I am not going to be sending big stuff. If you want I can give you the name of the distributor once I find them. Remember when you talk to them tell them you have a maxima because all maximas here look like Infiniti I30/35s or Cefiros.
Old 09-18-2004, 04:26 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

this is NICE. Maybe we could get a group discount on the "Door Mirror Cover with Turn Signal" if we were to preorder and get it shipped from the middle east.

I'm totally in. It's about time i did something with my 2001 I30. I have everything stock, and i don't know much about modifying cars.
Old 09-19-2004, 05:30 PM

If you guys would like I can check with my Japanese contact to see what I can find out about LED side mirrors from the Nissan Cefiro. I mean the guy was able to get Evolution to get a kit shipped to me.
Old 09-20-2004, 08:29 AM

Hey I started a new thread calle LED mirrors and I showed these but no one seems to be that interested. $65 is cheap but I am not sure about shipping
Old 09-20-2004, 08:32 AM
Got Projectors?

Hey I started a new thread calle LED mirrors and I showed these but no one seems to be that interested. $65 is cheap but I am not sure about shipping
Anyway you could get an estimate for shipping? The reason I ask - we can get those style mirrors here - or at least have been able to in the past. If the shipping is too expensive, however, it make more sense for us to source them here.

Any chance you could get a shipping quote to Knoxville, TN 37909 USA?

Thanks!
Old 09-20-2004, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by MetaOrbit
Anyway you could get an estimate for shipping? The reason I ask - we can get those style mirrors here - or at least have been able to in the past. If the shipping is too expensive, however, it make more sense for us to source them here.

Any chance you could get a shipping quote to Knoxville, TN 37909 USA?

Thanks!
These mirrors are really lightweight. I can't see them being too expensice. I will go out on a limb herre and say no more than 35$ air mail. Get there in a week or two.
Old 09-21-2004, 04:07 PM
Got Projectors?

I'm tempted, but don't know whether I want chrome mirrors or not. Ideally I'd want them to be body color.. I'll need to think about it.

Thanks for looking into it - I'll let you know.
Old 09-21-2004, 05:01 PM

MetaOrbit: I have the same mirrors as pictures above, but I painted them black. I am actually wishing I had the chrome mirrors. If you are interested in mine, let me know and we can talk about how to get them to you for little $. Then I can order the Chrome ones?

Just a thought.

If anyone wants to see pictures of my turn signal mirrors, please email me and I will get you some day and night pics. (I have body colored led mirrors like the chrome ones above)
Old 09-21-2004, 05:05 PM
Got Projectors?

MetaOrbit: I have the same mirrors as pictures above, but I painted them black. I am actually wishing I had the chrome mirrors. If you are interested in mine, let me know and we can talk about how to get them to you for little $. Then I can order the Chrome ones?

Just a thought.

If anyone wants to see pictures of my turn signal mirrors, please email me and I will get you some day and night pics. (I have body colored led mirrors like the chrome ones above)
I'd love to, but I'm 98% positive that the mirrors for the A32 have a different design from the mirrors for the A33. Unless someone can prove me otherwise...of course..
Old 09-21-2004, 05:23 PM

Oh. I think I am confused. What year is your car? I have a 96 I30. Are my mirrors different than yours? I'm so out of it this week with my whole guage cluster feiasco. (SP)
Old 09-21-2004, 05:25 PM
Got Projectors?

Oh. I think I am confused. What year is your car? I have a 96 I30. Are my mirrors different than yours? I'm so out of it this week with my whole guage cluster feiasco. (SP)
<------- 2002 I35
Old 09-21-2004, 06:17 PM

gotcha..........
Old 09-23-2004, 04:24 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Count me in for the mirror covers, a GB sounds like the way to go. Please keep me posted.
Old 09-30-2004, 02:54 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Can I use theese on my -96 maxima? Can anyone send to Norway?
Old 10-06-2004, 11:03 PM
Armed and Dangerous

Just a thought.

Damn Doc! I asked to see the pics of your LED's almost three months ago! What happened?

Quick Reply: More LED Mirrors