Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

2001 I30 How Do I Make Its Faster

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2005, 12:03 PM
Moderator who thinks he is better than us with his I30

Originally Posted by nguyendot
This fool sounds retarded. "My car kept up with an S4". Please..... If I had an S4 I'd smoke his ***, AND still be riding around in his frame of mind 'my car is better than yours because I'm not 16 and ride around in class'. Oh wait, no I wouldn't, because I'm not arrogant like that. Yeah an i35 is faster than an i30, but you're talking a lot of crap, and you have no idea what Mike has. I'd put $100 on Mike any day, and I'm quite jealous of the work and effort that he has put into his car. This fool however, does not, and cannot appreciate the machines that are here. As for 'tearing it up', is that something to brag about? I put my car in the shop all the time, get a g35 coupe, FX45, M45/35, and even a Porsche Carrera once when they had one available... (being an infiniti porsche audi dealership they have them available). Whoopy. Be responsible, because otherwise you're just another fool with a toy that mommy and daddy gave them.

Oh, and before he comes around with the 'oh another jealous xth gen...':

Great pic!
Old 05-29-2005, 02:42 PM

Y all the hate guys cant we all just get along. I love this car and I know everyone else does too. Come on now lets all just relax and talk like adults.
Old 05-29-2005, 04:47 PM
MaxedOut97SE

Originally Posted by i30ds
Im really sure you get all this attention from your stock entry level sedan...tiny little tires, stock rims, sluggish auto tranny, open diff., soft pu$$y old man suspension... your car lacks so much that just about the only thing its good for is moding. From the factory our "4th gen POS fake I30s" came with more performance options than your lame bullsh!t. So your can keep your heated rear seats and steering wheel and shove it up your a$$ , because you would get your 3 year old 255 hp **** squashed by even a stock 190 hp 4th gen with a 5spd thats 10 years old...No way in hell am I jealous what so ever...

As for the S4...you claim that you lost by a car length to a 13.7 sec car in your mid 15 sec gutless slug? Bullsh!t!! You are a liar plain and simple...

Now why dont you get the hell outta here before you make a further fool of yourself!

My tires are not teeny, they are 17's with some big fat 235s Michelens on them. This is retarded. Obviously you and the others are all about modding out, and that's fine. You ruined your car, it looks like a Kia from the front.
Okay I realize an S4 is fast, but I'm not that stupid to come in here and make that up. Maybe he didn't know how to drive it, maybe he didn't get a good launch, but I'm not making it up.

Old 05-29-2005, 04:51 PM
MaxedOut97SE

This fool sounds retarded. "My car kept up with an S4". Please..... If I had an S4 I'd smoke his ***, AND still be riding around in his frame of mind 'my car is better than yours because I'm not 16 and ride around in class'. Oh wait, no I wouldn't, because I'm not arrogant like that. Yeah an i35 is faster than an i30, but you're talking a lot of crap, and you have no idea what Mike has. I'd put $100 on Mike any day, and I'm quite jealous of the work and effort that he has put into his car. This fool however, does not, and cannot appreciate the machines that are here. As for 'tearing it up', is that something to brag about? I put my car in the shop all the time, get a g35 coupe, FX45, M45/35, and even a Porsche Carrera once when they had one available... (being an infiniti porsche audi dealership they have them available). Whoopy. Be responsible, because otherwise you're just another fool with a toy that mommy and daddy gave them.

Oh, and before he comes around with the 'oh another jealous xth gen...':

Tearing it up? I never said anything about that. What are you talking about. I do appreciate the cars here, you guys ruin them by modding them out. A "machine" is an S 65 AMG. Not a front drive Nissan with 190 HP. "Another fool with a toy Mommy and Daddy gave him?" Um I wrote a check for my car thank you very much.

Is that picture of YOUR parent's garage?

Old 05-29-2005, 05:39 PM
MaxedOut97SE

Im really sure you get all this attention from your stock entry level sedan...tiny little tires, stock rims, sluggish auto tranny, open diff., soft pu$$y old man suspension... your car lacks so much that just about the only thing its good for is moding.

See here's where you and I differ. I get lots of attention from people who couldn't care less about ricing out their cars. You know, people with other nice cars. When I, and the rest of the mature people, see cars like that it makes us sick. Yeah people with Civics and Neons and Cavaliers and Honda's stare at your car all the time. That's your crowd. I'm sure all the teenagers think your car is the hottest thing since sliced bread. I mean your mods and stuff are impressive. But I don't give a **** about a new intake, headers or whatever the ****. I have other things in life to do. I'm happy with my car.

Old 05-29-2005, 06:40 PM

I love hypocrites like this fool. He comes in here talking **** at first, then suddenly defends that he is not talking ****. You ARE irresponsible, talking about tearing up an S4 and mustang Gt's (which are by far faster than an i35 auto).

My parents garage? Pfft, thats all you can come up with since you can't say that I have a 10 year old car like everyone else you tried to rag on? You also say you couldn't care less about modding your car when your say right above you had a modded maxima. Looks like you haven't grown up at all. You seem to think your car is the ****, but it's no different than 90% of the rest of the infiniti world. People here are enthusiasts, and that just means they know a little more about their cars and what they are capable of. Open your mind and not that hole you sit on, we have enough of those here.
Old 05-29-2005, 07:17 PM
Armed and Dangerous

Originally Posted by MaxedOut97SE
My tires are not teeny, they are 17's with some big fat 235s Michelens on them. This is retarded. Obviously you and the others are all about modding out, and that's fine. You ruined your car, it looks like a Kia from the front.
Okay I realize an S4 is fast, but I'm not that stupid to come in here and make that up. Maybe he didn't know how to drive it, maybe he didn't get a good launch, but I'm not making it up.
You are retarded... We are indeed all about modding and I have not ruined my car... my **** is slicker than when it came off the assembly line and its about too get a hell of a lot better to boot. You are the one that has ruined your car by simply being the owner of it...cause being owned by your type, its condition is gonna get a hell of a lot worse before it gets any better. Your plain jane bullsh!t looks like and drives like an avalon with its wheel gap, horrible understeer, **** stock rims, mega offset and open differential auto tranny... grow some ***** grandma!

Compared to you, an S4 is not just fast, its fuccin fast. And once again I am calling out on that "race" you had with one. You said that the results were consistant, as in MORE THAN ONE RACE... doesnt sound like the "maybe he didnt get a good launch" excuse is gonna work. Once again YOU ARE A FUCCING LIAR!!! Or either a retard who like Mike said, engages in stop light races with cars that arnt even trying and then claims a 'win' when you get a head by a bumper length...
Old 05-29-2005, 09:12 PM
MaxedOut97SE

I love hypocrites like this fool. He comes in here talking **** at first, then suddenly defends that he is not talking ****. You ARE irresponsible, talking about tearing up an S4 and mustang Gt's (which are by far faster than an i35 auto).

My parents garage? Pfft, thats all you can come up with since you can't say that I have a 10 year old car like everyone else you tried to rag on? You also say you couldn't care less about modding your car when your say right above you had a modded maxima. Looks like you haven't grown up at all. You seem to think your car is the ****, but it's no different than 90% of the rest of the infiniti world. People here are enthusiasts, and that just means they know a little more about their cars and what they are capable of. Open your mind and not that hole you sit on, we have enough of those here.

Even when I was 18 and still at your level of maturity I didn't overdo it with the max. All I had was an intake and catback exhaust and tint. I'm not a hypocrite; Yeah I may not pull 13s in the 1/4 but my car is pretty godamn fast. And the only **** I was talking was the true fact that my car is a helluva lot better than some riced out 10 year old I30. And it is.

This car I won't touch. I'm not gonna mess up a good thing, I'm not gonna **** with the VVT and variable exhaust and ****. Like I've said many many times, I don't care. I have a life, and better things to do than waste money and depreciate my car. Again, 255hp is enough.

Old 05-29-2005, 09:17 PM
MaxedOut97SE

You are retarded... We are indeed all about modding and I have not ruined my car... my **** is slicker than when it came off the assembly line and its about too get a hell of a lot better to boot. You are the one that has ruined your car by simply being the owner of it...cause being owned by your type, its condition is gonna get a hell of a lot worse before it gets any better. Your plain jane bullsh!t looks like and drives like an avalon with its wheel gap, horrible understeer, **** stock rims, mega offset and open differential auto tranny... grow some ***** grandma!

Compared to you, an S4 is not just fast, its fuccin fast. And once again I am calling out on that "race" you had with one. You said that the results were consistant, as in MORE THAN ONE RACE... doesnt sound like the "maybe he didnt get a good launch" excuse is gonna work. Once again YOU ARE A FUCCING LIAR!!! Or either a retard who like Mike said, engages in stop light races with cars that arnt even trying and then claims a 'win' when you get a head by a bumper length...

Maybe I like the way my car drives. I guarantee it drives better than an Avalon. Yeah I may not have Pep Boy rims and a K&N filter on it but it sure satisfies me. And my plain jane bull**** looks a hell of alot better than your car, thats for sure. Excluding the civic and cavalier drivers. You belong at the cool car club meetings here every week at the Kar Kare muffler center(since everywhere else they try to meet they get thrown out). You could really show off your **** then.

ANd to put an end to this S4 bull****, I don't care even if he didn't know how to drive it or didnt get good launches, a 340HP 6 s speed should be able to run (FAR) away from me no matter what the circumstances. And he didn't. That's what originally blew my mind about the whole thing.

Old 05-29-2005, 09:22 PM
MaxedOut97SE

By the way, he WAS trying. I heard that sweet V8 go thru 3 gears. That's when he started to beat me. Initially I was like WTF, why is an A4 running (beating) with me? But then I saw the chrome mirrors and talked to the dude.

Old 05-29-2005, 11:14 PM

Your done dude. You got nothing to offer here. I gave you the choice to either contribute or leave and you are not doing either. You can't seem to express yourself without acting like a 10yr old.
Old 05-29-2005, 11:17 PM

Also, if you can find a 10 year old i30, please tell me, because last time I checked there is no such thing as a 1995 i30.
Old 05-30-2005, 11:37 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

where have i been? That was pretty entertaining...
Old 05-31-2005, 07:25 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by leeI35
I am probably in the 13's somewhere...
list your mods to run 13s
Old 05-31-2005, 07:28 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Fast enough to run with an S4 I swear to God.
there is NO FREAKIN' way your car can run with S4s.
Old 05-31-2005, 07:33 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

4 real, the s4 can stop to take a break and then beat you by 2 full car lenghts.

Originally Posted by Infiniti30
Old 05-31-2005, 07:44 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

4 real, the s4 can stop to take a break and then beat you by 2 full car lenghts.

Old 05-31-2005, 01:28 PM
G37S > I35 > UR Max

list your mods to run 13s
You guys leave me out of this.... I am not the one to be in the middle of these debates. You can rat on the dude with the the I35 all you want but, again leave me out. There are some respectable I35 owners on this board that do not like being in these little debates.

and since you asked.....I am being nice for us respectable I35 owners and I am NOT taking sides.

1) The I35 is only 20-30 pounds heavier than the 02-03 maxima vq3.5.
2) Motortrend (the only mag racing spec i would actually look at) has the 02 I35 at 6.6 0-60 Auto, and quarter mile was 14.89xxx. Again this is motortrend since people want to mag race. And I can go find slower times for any car i.e. Canadiandriver mag has the g35 0-60 at 6.8 and quartermile at 15.0. That is laughable and any G35 owner knows that not true.
3) I OWN A G35 sedan and it's modded. And my I35 is two car lengths faster in the quartermile than my g35 modded.
4) Mod list for me is Berk technology WAI with Apexi dry filter, DIY drop resistor, Cattman Headers + mid-pipe + Exhaust, Race Catalytic Converter, UR Underdrive Crank Pulley, Advanced Timing 17+, IX Extreme Spark Plugs (don't know if they are doing anything). Those are my go fast mods. My g35 has a Jwt Pop charger, IX extreme Spark plugs and UR Underdrive Pulley.
5) My buddy has a CL Type S 6 spd w/ Headers and CAI runs 14.2xxxx and another friend of mine has a 05 G35 Coupe 6spd (hasn't tracked it and not a good manual driver) I beat both to quartermile. My friend in the CLS beats my friend in the G35 coupe and I can beat both.
6) I35 having only 20-30 weight gain to a 02-03 SE maxima (leather, spoiler, auto trans)with all the goodies is not that much difference in 0-60 or quartermile, maybe a tic or two and this is proven fact. Again since we are mag racing, the maxima 02-03 Autos run 0-60 6.3-6.5 and quartermiles at 14.5-14.7 so a few tics off here and there or driver scenarios can make a big difference. In the 1/4 mile forums others maxima with same or less mods than me are running 13.4-13.9 with different variables and factors. I have MORE mods OR I am on PAR with MOST in that 1/4 forum that actually track their car at a legal drag strip.

That's it for me, do not use me to flame, I am just stating my facts and I am not taking sides on 4th gen or 5th gens vq3.0 or vq3.5.
Old 06-01-2005, 07:53 AM

Trust me man, it's insane the difference. Power absolutely everywhere. Plus the drive by wire throttle makes it altogether smoother.
After nearly getting killed by a faulty cruise control module, the very last thing I would want on my car is an electronic throttle!!

Thanks, but no thanks.
Old 06-01-2005, 12:55 PM
Armed and Dangerous

Originally Posted by leeI35
You guys leave me out of this.... I am not the one to be in the middle of these debates. You can rat on the dude with the the I35 all you want but, again leave me out. There are some respectable I35 owners on this board that do not like being in these little debates.

and since you asked.....I am being nice for us respectable I35 owners and I am NOT taking sides.

1) The I35 is only 20-30 pounds heavier than the 02-03 maxima vq3.5.
2) Motortrend (the only mag racing spec i would actually look at) has the 02 I35 at 6.6 0-60 Auto, and quarter mile was 14.89xxx. Again this is motortrend since people want to mag race. And I can go find slower times for any car i.e. Canadiandriver mag has the g35 0-60 at 6.8 and quartermile at 15.0. That is laughable and any G35 owner knows that not true.
3) I OWN A G35 sedan and it's modded. And my I35 is two car lengths faster in the quartermile than my g35 modded.
4) Mod list for me is Berk technology WAI with Apexi dry filter, DIY drop resistor, Cattman Headers + mid-pipe + Exhaust, Race Catalytic Converter, UR Underdrive Crank Pulley, Advanced Timing 17+, IX Extreme Spark Plugs (don't know if they are doing anything). Those are my go fast mods. My g35 has a Jwt Pop charger, IX extreme Spark plugs and UR Underdrive Pulley.
5) My buddy has a CL Type S 6 spd w/ Headers and CAI runs 14.2xxxx and another friend of mine has a 05 G35 Coupe 6spd (hasn't tracked it and not a good manual driver) I beat both to quartermile. My friend in the CLS beats my friend in the G35 coupe and I can beat both.
6) I35 having only 20-30 weight gain to a 02-03 SE maxima (leather, spoiler, auto trans)with all the goodies is not that much difference in 0-60 or quartermile, maybe a tic or two and this is proven fact. Again since we are mag racing, the maxima 02-03 Autos run 0-60 6.3-6.5 and quartermiles at 14.5-14.7 so a few tics off here and there or driver scenarios can make a big difference. In the 1/4 mile forums others maxima with same or less mods than me are running 13.4-13.9 with different variables and factors. I have MORE mods OR I am on PAR with MOST in that 1/4 forum that actually track their car at a legal drag strip.

That's it for me, do not use me to flame, I am just stating my facts and I am not taking sides on 4th gen or 5th gens vq3.0 or vq3.5.
The only reason I used C+D 1/4 mile times was to show the difference between the I35 and the S4. The times themselves can actually be quite different. For example, C+D and MT do not even take the car to a real track. They use performance meters inside the cabin of the vehicle. Also, they do it on a full tank of gas. With manual trannys, they do NOT double clutch. C+D consistently gets gets a 14.1 with the 350z, but many stock have gotten into the mid-13s. So with the right track, tires, and driver, that 13.7 for the S4 could be in the low 13s. Same principle applies for the I35 as well (although there is less room for improvement because of the auto tranny).

You really should take your own car to the track and do at least 3 runs so you (and the rest of us) can see what a modded I35 can do. With the amount of mods you have I think it would be quite interesting.
Old 06-01-2005, 01:20 PM
G37S > I35 > UR Max

You really should take your own car to the track and do at least 3 runs so you (and the rest of us) can see what a modded I35 can do. With the amount of mods you have I think it would be quite interesting.
Nissan specs... GLE 2002 Maxima 3275lbs/ 2004 I35 3305lbs difference of 30lbs. SE Maxima will weigh more lbs if full equipped as an GLE w/auto trans.

I would track my car if I have the time. We already had a guy on here that has the same mods as me (doesn't post here very often, maybe once every 6 months) that has tracks his car and he is in the mid 13's to upper 13's with an I35 and that depends on different variables. If i can look through my pm box I can get his name. We have chatted a bit about mods and our performance gains on the I35 but, this was awhile ago. Basically, we have a sticky thread in one of our sections on this forum that broke down the performance numbers of the I35 and maxima however, I have been unsuccessful at finding it (and it was a sticky thread). We are getting the same dyno numbers exactly as the same year maximas, however, we have a few more pounds (not much) added weight. So, if you want true performance numbers, just look at the 1/4 mile forums and get some averages with guys that have the same mods as me. Same slush box, same gearing, same everything else.
Old 06-01-2005, 08:39 PM

I am 57 years young. My very first car was a 1961 Buick Invicta "Bubbletop" with a 401 Cu. in. engine, which i proceeded to mod with dual Hollies, Edlebrook manifold, etc.. What a great set of wheels!

That was back in the days of no cat and 35 cent leaded gasoline. Anyway, I used to run in the mid 12's with my measily two-speed automatic. I often wish I had my old car for a day or two just to blow the doors off some contemporary imports just like I used to squash those almighy Hemi's.

Ah...those were the days.
Old 06-07-2005, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by dr-rjp
.......That was back in the days of no cat and 35 cent leaded gasoline......
Yeah but weren't tires square back in those days??
Old 06-07-2005, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by skeetch
Yeah but weren't tires square back in those days??
The tires were round, but they were made of wood.

However, the drivers were square.
Old 06-16-2005, 11:10 AM
VE Powah!!!

Man, this thread is some seriously good ****. Hahaha That MaxedOut97SE guy, Is a real piece of work! That right there Fellas is the Epitome of Rice. Ha Ha Ha
Old 06-16-2005, 02:09 PM
Armed and Dangerous

Originally Posted by Duckman540i
Man, this thread is some seriously good ****. Hahaha That MaxedOut97SE guy, Is a real piece of work! That right there Fellas is the Epitome of Rice. Ha Ha Ha
Yeah that guy is a fool...

Hey Duck man, Your SE has the VE engine right? Or did that only come on the 93-94 SEs?

If you do have the VE, does it run off a belt or chain?
Old 06-17-2005, 07:05 AM

ok i stumbled across this thread and what is the guy with the I35 talking about?? my friend has one and my sc 99 maxima wasted it. Not even funny by like 3 or 4 car lenghts by the end of 3rd gear. Stop embarassing the VQ forum with this rant about a 255hp heavy auto family car being wicked fast and smoking everyone. your car looks good and has highway passing power as someone said b4 please don't act like a civic owner.
Old 06-17-2005, 07:11 AM

This thread is done