Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

PICS.....A33 mirrors with turn signals

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 10:19 AM

PICS.....A33 mirrors with turn signals

i installed these yesterday. they are not shells, but the entire mirror assembly. i stumbled on these while browsing the Ebay site in Taiwan. they were $300. USD, with shipping. they were direct bolt on and i spliced the turn signal wires in to the front signal, had to put load resistors(i think that's what they're called) to slow down the blinking.
check out the pics. day and night shots.

http://client.webshots.com/album/343873176bjFBLu
Old 05-12-2005, 10:31 AM

that's cool .. wish there were some for A32 as well
Old 05-12-2005, 10:54 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Those are nice. It looks like there are two lenses, is that right?
I have been trying to get a hold of the A33 signal mirrors from dubai.
http://www.arabianautomobiles.com/ve...cessories.html
Old 05-12-2005, 11:45 AM

Looks good, but I suggest you change your Hyperwhite signals back to Amber unless you can find a way to change the LEDs in the mirrors to white as well.
Old 05-12-2005, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by speye022
Those are nice. It looks like there are two lenses, is that right?
I have been trying to get a hold of the A33 signal mirrors from dubai.
http://www.arabianautomobiles.com/ve...cessories.html
it's one lenses, but the forward section is segmented so it looks like 2 pieces. i think it's doen that way so that cars from behind can see the signals flashing, because these are visable to car that are behind me.
those mirrors from Dubai are covers, i had a freind from the middle east check them out on his last trip, they use 2 sided tape to stick to your mirrors. my friend is going back next month and he's going to see if he can get the maxima foglights from over there.
Old 05-12-2005, 11:50 AM

looks sexy keep up the good work
Old 05-12-2005, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Max Mutes
Looks good, but I suggest you change your Hyperwhite signals back to Amber unless you can find a way to change the LEDs in the mirrors to white as well.
that's what i'm thinking about doing. changing the rear turn signals that is.
Old 05-13-2005, 04:40 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

looks nice just keep up good work
Old 05-15-2005, 04:07 PM

does anyone know why white led bulbs look allitle purple?
Old 05-16-2005, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by flthere
that's cool .. wish there were some for A32 as well
I Can get these Mirror with LED for A32 for $399+S/H. Lead time 2-3 weeks.

I don't know if the one's kingsofsorrow got have electric folding ability. The one's that I have available are BMW M3/M5 Style whole Mirror Assemblies with Amber LED signal lights and they also comes with Electric Folding Motors. These also come with Nissan OEM Electric Folding Mirror Switches. They do fold upwards like the BMW M3/M5 Mirrors. The sets that I have in stock are pre-painted in BLACK. (see photos below). The mirror itself are Blue Tinted, and electronic adjustable.

I also have ONE set of these prepainted in Black (JDM/TDM black color) for A33 I30/I35 or Maxima for $399+ S/H. Both comes with Electric motors that folds it upwards like the BMW M3/M5.

Old 05-16-2005, 06:34 PM

Please email me if anyone is interested

sycefiro@yahoo.com
Old 05-18-2005, 05:57 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

They look Schmick
Old 05-18-2005, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Pumped_2005
They look Schmick
Email me if you are interested.

SY
sycefiro@yahoo.com
Old 05-19-2005, 03:25 PM

photo of the switch

This mirror is ECE-Approved
Anti-Glare twin lens blue tinted glass
Power folding mirror Assembly

Only 1 set of A33 in Black on hand right now. If anyone wants 'em please email me for more detail.

Thanks
SY
sycefiro@yahoo.com
Old 05-24-2005, 01:19 PM

I love em!

SY, do you have access to the motorized mirrors for an A33? They look way cool... That, and when an oncoming driver can't seem to turn off their brights... motor those babies up and send the light right back
Old 05-24-2005, 02:44 PM
Got Projectors?

Originally Posted by NewLoveI30
I love em!

SY, do you have access to the motorized mirrors for an A33? They look way cool... That, and when an oncoming driver can't seem to turn off their brights... motor those babies up and send the light right back
Those are for the A33..

Kings - looks good! How'd you manage to get them off the eBay Taiwan site, if you don't mind my asking?
Old 05-24-2005, 08:43 PM

on a hunch i decided to explore the other ebay's, i saw the pics of the lights, so i contacted the seller, who happened to speak very good english(very good for me). asked if he could ship them over and how much. it took about 2 mths. because the bank kept wanting info before they cashed the money order.
Old 05-24-2005, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by kingofsorrow
on a hunch i decided to explore the other ebay's, i saw the pics of the lights, so i contacted the seller, who happened to speak very good english(very good for me). asked if he could ship them over and how much. it took about 2 mths. because the bank kept wanting info before they cashed the money order.
Hey.. did you receive the Power Folding Mirror with LED for your friend? How did the installation go? Let me know or post new photos when it's done.
Thanks

SY
sycefiro@yahoo.com
Old 05-25-2005, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by SYCEFIRO
Hey.. did you receive the Power Folding Mirror with LED for your friend? How did the installation go? Let me know or post new photos when it's done.
Thanks

SY
sycefiro@yahoo.com
yeah i got them Sy. thanks a bunch. i just had them painted (150.00 steep), but hey the things you do for friends. i haven't given them to her yet, another month until her birthday. i test installed them on my car and they work fine, the I35's are already wired for the folding mirrors(at least mine is), i assume the heating feature turns on with the rear defroster, but since it's HOT, HOT, HOT, down here i can't really test them. i tried turning on the defroster and after a few minute touching the mirrors but .............like i said it's already hot in tampa so we'll have to wait for december to see if it works. but like i mentioned the wiring in the plug of "your" mirrors match the wiring of the cars' factory harness. if you look at the standard I35 mirror plug it only has 3 wires, whereas the harness coming from the cars' electrical system has 5 wires, which match up perfectly with the harness on the mirrors i purchased from you.
by the way i test fitted my Kenwood DVD player in the dash piece i purchased from you and it fit's perfect, i'm waiting for the interface harness to arrive and i'll put it in the car. will post pics soon.
once again thanks alot Sy, it's great doing business with you.
Old 05-25-2005, 08:58 PM
Got Projectors?

Originally Posted by kingofsorrow
...i test fitted my Kenwood DVD player in the dash piece i purchased from you and it fit's perfect, i'm waiting for the interface harness to arrive and i'll put it in the car. will post pics soon.
once again thanks alot Sy, it's great doing business with you.
What Kenwood DVD player do you have? I ended up removing and returning my JVC KD-AVX1 and am looking for another HU. I really want something else that plays DVDs, and preferably has a screen, but I'm also worried about security, so the DDX7015 that I *really* want might not happen
Old 05-25-2005, 10:20 PM

the DDX7015 is what i have. i don't like the other kind that flips out of the dash, so i went for this one instead.
Old 06-20-2006, 05:10 AM

Special notice for I30/I35 owners for these mirrors

FS: A32/A33 Cefiro/BMW M5 style Power/Manual Folding Mirrors w/LED

(Qty limited)Available IMMEDIATELY
Regular Price
Normal Prices for these are about U$450+ shipped for the Power folding with LED and switches (Heated Mirror options are to add +U$89)
Manual Folding are U$320+ S/H
Order before end of July (Qty limited, next batch will go back to regular price, first come first serve)

BMW M3/M5 Style whole Mirror Assemblies with Amber LED signal lights and they also comes with Electric Folding Motors (Or Manual Folding). These also come with Nissan OEM Electric Folding Mirror Switches. They fold upwards like the BMW M5 Mirrors. The mirror itself are Blue Tinted (Anti-Glare), and mirror reflector are electronic adjustable.

A32
Manual Folding Mirrors w/ LED U$299 shipped (4 sets)
Power Folding Mirrors w/ LED + Switch U$399 shipped (2 sets)
Power Folding Mirror w/ LED + Switch + Heated Mirrors U$479 shipped (1 sets)

A33
Power Folding Mirrors w/ LED + Switch U$399 shipped (2 set)
Power Folding Mirror w/ LED + Switch + Heated Mirrors U$479 shipped (1 sets)

For other accessories, please see I30/I35 Classified or email to

sycefiro@yahoo.com
Thank you

SY
Old 06-20-2006, 12:09 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

will the A33 power folding + led work on an 2001 I30? is the wiring harness present like it is on the I35??
Old 06-21-2006, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by flipinstyxs
will the A33 power folding + led work on an 2001 I30? is the wiring harness present like it is on the I35??
Yes, They will work. You just need to splice some wires for the powerfolding mechanism as well as the LED to the signal lights.

Check here for more information and installed photo on the 5th Gen Maxima:
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....=1#post5051327

Email me if you are interested.

SY
sycefiro@yahoo.com
Old 06-22-2006, 04:03 AM
Learning English...

Originally Posted by SYCEFIRO

Please email me if anyone is interested

sycefiro@yahoo.com
Hi SY, are the mirrors on the first two pics(with smaller blinker) heated + switch and what would be the price shipped to 62800? Thx
Old 06-23-2006, 02:08 AM

Originally Posted by brio_max
Hi SY, are the mirrors on the first two pics(with smaller blinker) heated + switch and what would be the price shipped to 62800? Thx
They are NOT smaller blinkers, just the angle that the photo were taken.
What state is 62800? I have 3 sets available for the special price of $399 shipped within 48 states in the continent USA. (2 sets were spoken for) before end of June.

Please email me if you are interested or Paypal to sycefiro@yahoo.com

I will get these shipped out to you after your paypal funds are cleared and will provide you with a Tracking confirmation number within 48 hours after the products are shipped.

Thank you
SY
sycefiro@yahoo.com
Old 06-24-2006, 02:53 PM
Learning English...

Email sent yesterday!
p.s. I like these mirrors as well http://tw.f4.page.bid.yahoo.com/tw/auction/d16702676
Old 06-24-2006, 04:03 PM
Got Projectors?

Email sent yesterday!
p.s. I like these mirrors as well http://tw.f4.page.bid.yahoo.com/tw/auction/d16702676
What a coincidence. I have those mirrors right now.
Old 06-24-2006, 04:27 PM
Learning English...

Originally Posted by MetaOrbit
What a coincidence. I have those mirrors right now.
Really!??
Give me some detailed info about them with pics if possible.... I'm sure i'm not the only one who want to see them instaled, flashing.....blah blah. Thanks
Old 06-24-2006, 06:41 PM
Droppin logs

Those are shecksy!!
Old 06-24-2006, 07:29 PM
Got Projectors?

Really!??
Give me some detailed info about them with pics if possible.... I'm sure i'm not the only one who want to see them instaled, flashing.....blah blah. Thanks
I only put them on like yesterday. Finished up most of the wiring today.

The folding function is AWESOME. I used the new switch and original wiring harness but ran a couple wires from each mirror to the new switch to get the folding function working. I also wired up the puddle lamps today, to the "room lamp" fuse in the fuse box. Unfortunately that fuse is "hot" all the time so the puddle lamps never went out. I then tried wiring them to the door (pin) switch behind the B pillar but didn't have success there either. Needless to say, I'll wire those in later after a little more research (and help from others). I basically want them to come on whenever the dome light comes on. (Yes, I could wire them to the door lamps but then they'd only come on when the door opens; I want them to come on when the door opens and also when the keyless entry is used). So, if anyone has any good ideas on where to tap the power going to the dome light, let me know.

I also wired in the turn signals today. That wasn't that difficult. The hardest part was getting the driver's side corner bulb out of the back of the headlamp because there's virtually no space to get your hand back behind it.

The physical installation of the mirrors is a piece of cake. It's the wiring that takes the time. And running the wires from the doors into the car takes most of that time. Fortunately I already had speaker wires run in there for my components so it was a little bit easier.

I hope to have pics soon. And videos! The LED turn signal is awesome. They use superflux LEDs for the puddle lamps and the turn signals so the brightness is pretty nice. The only thing I dislike is that the mirror glass is different than the OEM mirrors. Yes, it is tinted blue (which is nice) but the blind spot edges of the mirror are a little disorienting to use, particularly since I'm so accustomed to regular mirrors. I think they'll be great, however, once I get used to them.
Old 06-26-2006, 08:20 PM
Got Projectors?

Really!??
Here you go: Lived up to my word..

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=479186
Old 08-09-2006, 04:59 AM
Learning English...

Meta, how did you run the additional wires from the doors into you car? I mean wires for the folding function, puddle lamps and turn signals, cuz there's a waterproof conecter with no free "slots"....!? Thx
Old 08-09-2006, 05:26 AM
Got Projectors?

To get them out of the doors, just cut a slit in the rubber "hose" that carries the existing wires out of the doors. Then you can run them through there if you want, or, there is an additional hole on the body/fender that you can run the wires through to get them into the car. I did the latter.
Old 08-09-2006, 02:31 PM
Learning English...

Thanks for the reply!

Actually, the mirrors were instaled few days ago and everything is working except the folding function.
Puddle lamps are connected with the door lamps.
Turn signals to side blinkers which are on the fender - european version of I30
Folding function: i tried to use wires from the heated option, but i couldn't find the ground wire and it's not possible to use ground from anywhere else... The positive wire was easy to find - in a relay near by the incabin fuse box. I should take a look at the FSM.....
You said "additional whole". Did you mean the free space between fender and body? It makes me wonder that you ran wires into the engine bay and back to the incabin....?

p.s. Any update with your doom light....? Have you been thinking about splicing your puddle lamps in to wiring of the ignition o-ring, because it comes on together with the doom lamp...!? Thank You

Pardon my poor English
Old 08-09-2006, 02:52 PM
Got Projectors?

No, I haven't had a chance to work on the dome light. I bought a new house a couple weeks ago and recently moved in so everything car-related has unfortunately been on the back burner. I'm about resolved, however, to just hooking it up to the door lights and calling it a day. But the idea about the ignition o-ring is a good one, I should maybe look into that further..

Anyways, about the hole in the fender. Yes, there is a hole there, and it's not run into the engine bay and back into the cabin. I tried to go snap a pic, but it's nearly impossible to see, and really only possible to feel the hole there. It's a little further towards the front of the car and further up on the fender than the stock wiring coming from the door that enters the fender. If you shine a flashlight down in there you might be able to see it, but I'd just probe around there with your fingers and see if you can feel it. Additionally, if you take off the interior kick panel inside the car you *might* be able to see some light coming in, particularly if you had someone shining a flashlight from above.

The hole isn't large, and it was created from the factory. It isn't sharp, and it's painted, so it should be there on all A33s.

As for the folding function of the mirrors, I did something a little different. I didn't use the wiring harness that came with the new mirrors. I used the original wiring harness, especially since the existing wiring harness plugged right into and worked with the new switch that came with the mirrors (the one that has the folding switch). Then, taking a look at the wiring diagram (IIRC), you only really need to run 1 or 2 (can't remember how many right now) new wires from each mirror. From there run those wires into the back of the plug that plugs into the mirror controller switch. There should be open spots on the back of that plug where the folding wires should have been; simply ram the ones that need to go in there into the voids (in their appropriate spaces).
Old 08-11-2006, 02:55 PM
Learning English...

Finally i've found the whole you was talking about. It's just by the waterproof herness and this is very good! Here is a pic

Meta, thx for the good tip!
Old 08-11-2006, 07:53 PM
Got Projectors?

Finally i've found the whole you was talking about. It's just by the waterproof herness and this is very good! Here is a pic

Meta, thx for the good tip!
No problem. I'm glad you found it. It's also nice to know what it looks like. Until this day I still hadn't *seen* it, I'd only felt it, LOL.
Old 12-30-2006, 12:08 AM

I just bought these from that guy on ebay does anyone know if they come painted and has anyone figured out the flood lamp yet???
Old 01-01-2007, 12:22 AM
Got Projectors?

Not painted, they come flat black. I had mine painted body-color black.

As for the puddle lights, they're as easy or difficult to make work as you want. If you hook them up to the door lights it's easy. If you want them to come on and off with the dome, it's a little more difficult. I haven't had a chance to play with it yet, but a tech at the dealer helped me isolate a wire leading into the BCM that might work, and I might also try brio's suggestion of wiring it to the light illuminating the ignition switch.

Quick Reply: PICS.....A33 mirrors with turn signals