Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

PICS.....A33 mirrors with turn signals

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 02:13 PM

I still dont see how you got them in the door and our to where the hinge is. I tried that when i installed my mirrors shells and it was litterally impossible. and then after that trying to get them into the car it seems impossible becuase it feels like the brain or something is in the way or something. could you post a Step by step guide with photos on how to do this.

Im no noob nor am i the least bit a mechanical idiot but i just dont see how it could be done.

Also has anyone tried to wire it where it folds open when the car turns on and folds close when the car is off automatically??? If so how many relays if any did you use and how were they wired up thanks

How many people have these mirrors on their cars any way/????
Old 01-08-2007, 02:34 PM
Learning English...

Originally Posted by NOCturnalI30
How many people have these mirrors on their cars any way/????
Me
Old 01-08-2007, 06:11 PM

can anyone inform me were to find a set of these for my 2k i30?
Old 01-09-2007, 01:29 AM
Learning English...

I still dont see how you got them in the door and our to where the hinge is. I tried that when i installed my mirrors shells and it was litterally impossible. and then after that trying to get them into the car it seems impossible becuase it feels like the brain or something is in the way or something. could you post a Step by step guide with photos on how to do this.

Im no noob nor am i the least bit a mechanical idiot but i just dont see how it could be done.
The main thing is that you have to run 2 addition wires(dual) from each door into the cabin. First one is for the folding function and second - turn signal. You would have to drill a small hole into the door wateproof conector to make the wires come out from the doors... After that you'll have to stick them through a THis HOLE - read the posts above and i think you know what comes furhter...

Originally Posted by MAi30t
can anyone inform me were to find a set of these for my 2k i30?
BANG
Old 01-09-2007, 01:53 PM

Dude that hole i cant even tell from that pic it looks like a crack or something. im talkin about the wire going into the cabin by the way
Old 01-09-2007, 02:52 PM
Learning English...

Dude that hole i cant even tell from that pic it looks like a crack or something. im talkin about the wire going into the cabin by the way
Just take off your sunglasses and you'll see it!

Look at the Meta's post once again and i'm sure you'll find it:

Originally Posted by MetaOrbit
Anyways, about the hole in the fender. Yes, there is a hole there, and it's not run into the engine bay and back into the cabin. I tried to go snap a pic, but it's nearly impossible to see, and really only possible to feel the hole there. It's a little further towards the front of the car and further up on the fender than the stock wiring coming from the door that enters the fender. If you shine a flashlight down in there you might be able to see it, but I'd just probe around there with your fingers and see if you can feel it. Additionally, if you take off the interior kick panel inside the car you *might* be able to see some light coming in, particularly if you had someone shining a flashlight from above.

The hole isn't large, and it was created from the factory. It isn't sharp, and it's painted, so it should be there on all A33s.

BTW, let your bodyshop to paint the mirrors before installing them...!
Old 01-09-2007, 03:07 PM

That pic is soo damn smalll i had to photoshop it just to fig out where the damn hole was. Sunglasses my ***

:-P

and that slit goes into the fender not thae car. I wanted to know if there was an opening into the cabin of the car. no help
Old 01-09-2007, 03:50 PM
Got Projectors?

That pic is soo damn smalll i had to photoshop it just to fig out where the damn hole was. Sunglasses my ***

:-P

and that slit goes into the fender not thae car. I wanted to know if there was an opening into the cabin of the car. no help
The hole I described goes into the cabin of the car. I don't know what your problem is..
Old 01-09-2007, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by MetaOrbit
The hole I described goes into the cabin of the car. I don't know what your problem is..

Dude i really dont see it im going to have to look for it again I dotn have an i35 i got a 2000 i30 im assuming that doesnt matter.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:50 AM
Banned

hey, does anyone know if these exist in merlot pearl (the maroon colored max) for a 2k1 max?

thanks
Old 04-04-2007, 07:55 AM
Got Projectors?

Originally Posted by Trurida18
hey, does anyone know if these exist in merlot pearl (the maroon colored max) for a 2k1 max?

thanks
They come unpainted. You have to paint them to match.
Old 04-18-2007, 03:02 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

wow you guys must have money to burn spending 400 for mirrors that blink and fold. Wish I had that kind of money....I can't really see the relavance in the folding mirrors other then showing them off to your friends that your mirrors rotate/fold and theirs don't. I have to admit I love mods some are just not for me keep up all the good work guys.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:11 PM
Got Projectors?

Originally Posted by mike9900
wow you guys must have money to burn spending 400 for mirrors that blink and fold. Wish I had that kind of money....I can't really see the relavance in the folding mirrors other then showing them off to your friends that your mirrors rotate/fold and theirs don't. I have to admit I love mods some are just not for me keep up all the good work guys.
Sure, they're nice to show off, but they're also handy for if and when you have to park on a tight street and the turn signals (I think) are a GREAT safety feature when changing lanes on the interstate, especially at night.

And I definitely didn't spend $400 on my mirrors.
Old 04-20-2007, 01:44 AM
01 I30 .. aka White Diamond

Originally Posted by mike9900
I have lots of money to burn! But that's only because I planted a 50 cent piece in my back yard about 3 years ago, and it's blossomed into a money plant ... But in all reality, $300 isn't much to spend on mirrors, especially when they fold, and blink. It's better then waking up on New Years Day, only to find someone had too much to drink, and side swiped your car, taking the mirror with them. No problem, just call up the "stealership" only to tell you that it's $265 for the mirror, $75 for painting, and two hours of labor at a tune of like $150. Add all that up, and it comes to ... 3 times 8, divided by 4, carry the 7 ... $490. Oh yeah, that's just one mirror! But hey, this is also coming from a guy who loves to waste money. I'm glad I found those mirrors though ... Instead of replacing the mirror, I was about to just buy a new car ...
Old 11-12-2012, 08:17 PM

Old thread but are these the same?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/00-01-02-03-...3b2500&vxp=mtr