Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

Anyone put a new comp set in their I35?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2005, 07:33 PM

Anyone put a new comp set in their I35?

I started working on my car stereo today, and how surprised was I to find a 60+ pin harness going from the doors to the frame. I suppose I'll just drill a hole and use a rubber grommet, but for now I'm running bose spkrs off of my amp [and it's getting pretty got on a 2 ohm stereo load, I might add]. Anyways, can I expect any further surprises?

On a side note: the previous owner put some additional wood trim in the car, which I can live with, but there are rings that go on the inner door handles [around the hole you put your hand into to close the door]. Well whoever did the install glued the rings onto the leather part of the door, and when you take the door panel off, you have to remove the plastic door handle. So, now I have a nice rip in my driver side door leather by the handle. I am not happy, at all. Worst of all, it's the same on all four doors. . . I'm pretty pissed.

dh
Old 05-31-2005, 09:12 AM

you can have your door panels re leathered or have them fabriced, what exactly are you trying to do? have components with the stock headunit and amp? My car has components in the front and coax in the back. powered by a 1200 watt rms amp.
Old 05-31-2005, 10:55 AM
Got Projectors?

I have CDT Audio components in my front doors. I said the hell with trying to get power wire through the existing connector and simply drilled new holes in the doors. I have the midbass mounted in the stock locations and flush mounted the tweeters in the door panels themselves.

As for the ripped panels...try an interior/upholstery shop.
Old 05-31-2005, 08:29 PM

I only ripped the driver's door [and it's a fairly small rip], but I don't want to do the same the other doors. I'll look into getting the leather replaced at an upholstery shop to see if it's worth changing out the speakers. I'll likely drill at the frame and use the existing boot on the door.

Currently, I have a Memphis Belle 1300D running the bose spkrs, from the bose head-unit, along with a pair of MB Quart PWD 10's in a small sealed enclosure. I'll have to fab a new box, and make it look nice, but I only had a few hours to work on it for now.
I have some Canton comps that I plan on using up front, not sure what I'm going to do for the rear, but I'll likely swap out the bose, just because I don't want to run my amp at 2 ohm stereo all day for rear fill.

dh