Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

Finally Picked Up My I35

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2005, 07:22 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Finally Picked Up My I35

So I was looking for a car for the last couple months. The whole time having settled on an altima 3.5 untill I went to a dealership and test drove an altima I didnt like. I asked what else they had on the lot just to try some other stuff out. They had on 02 infinity on the lot. I decided to give it a try and wow... It was an amazing car. Since that test drive my focus switched to the I35. 2 days later I not only found one. I found one with the sport package which was something I was looking for and this was the only sport package equipped I35 within 300 miles of MA. I am psyched. I found it today only a half hour from my house. This thing screams. I stomped on it with the TCS off and the tires started to peel like a **** (and these were brand new tires) I mean I let off the gass because I really didnt feel like destroying tires but if I had kept on it they would have started smoking because the car didnt move an inch thats how fast those tires were spinning. It wasnt till I got off the gass that the car started moving. What are the best mods for this car to start with and do they make a supercharger for the 3.5 yet? I would search but I cant use the search feature for some reason
thanks,
Josh
Old 06-26-2005, 07:32 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

You need to join to be able to search. Welcome to the I family, looking forward to what you do with your new ride!!!
Old 06-26-2005, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by KNYFE
You need to join to be able to search. Welcome to the I family, looking forward to what you do with your new ride!!!
Wait you have to be a paid member to search?
Old 06-27-2005, 08:17 AM
Donating i30 Owner

well not paid... but donating member.. cause the site really has no real income except for the few banners i figure... the donation is a one time thing.. once you donate you dont have to donate again unless u wish to do so.
Old 06-27-2005, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by HomerMAC
well not paid... but donating member.. cause the site really has no real income except for the few banners i figure... the donation is a one time thing.. once you donate you dont have to donate again unless u wish to do so.
I understand the income thing based on my experiance with 3si.org over the last 4 years, i just find it kind of odd that you require people to donate before you can use the VBB search function, but then have such strict rules against not searching...anyways sorry for the thread hijack
Old 06-27-2005, 10:23 AM

Welcome to the org. If you want ideas for mods, you might want to try hanging out in the 5th gen forum. There were rumors about trying to adapt stroker kits and superchargers from the 350Z, but I don't think anything has come of it yet. Not to be a killjoy or anything, but if you already can't get the power to the ground, then why are you talking about mods and superchargers? Sounds to me like your first mod should be better tires.
Old 06-27-2005, 02:49 PM

Well better tires are on the way anyway. BTW I thought the sport package came with a LSD? If thats true than how am I able to spin the tires soo easily
Old 06-27-2005, 04:04 PM

I got the car inspected today. They actually came back with some stuff to fiix. The guy said the rotors needed to be turned and it needed rear brake pads. It needed new belts, an alignment and an air filter. He said other than that the car was fine. the problem now is that the dealer is kinda fighting with us. We said we were only going to buy the car if it was inspected and came out clean and if it didnt they would have to fix it up to make sure it came out clean. We even offered to pay for the parts and have them handle the labor and they are still putting our nuts to the grindstone. I dont think we are really being treated well here. What do you guys think?
Old 06-27-2005, 10:09 PM

Unless you signed on the dotted line, they can't hold you to anything. Test driving a car does not obligate you to buy it. It is your right to negotiate further or choose to walk away. Even if you did sign something, realize that most states have a 30 day "cool down" clause on car sales. It should be printed on the back of the sales contract. This means that within 30 days of sale, if you choose to return the car for whatever reason, the dealer must take the car back minus reasonable depreciation and/or renegotiate in good faith.

But if they didn't even bother to replace the air filter, that's a red flag that they didn't properly recondition the car. My feeling is that for the money dealerships charge a over private party sale, you should get some benefit other than just the reputation of the dealership (which is often worthless). They should at least inspect and detail the car and do basic things like fluid/filter changes. That money should not be pure profit and commission. I think your offer to pay for parts if they cover the labor is very reasonable. Whatever work the dealer agrees to, make sure it is written in the contract before you sign and pay. Even though the factory warranty is presumably still good, demand they dealer stand behind any additional problems that arise within the next few months. Never agree to anything that says "As-Is." Some dealers try to convince you that this is mandatory, but it is not. By signing something like that, you forfeit everything you just negotiated in your contract and all your legal rights if the car turns out to be a lemon. Best of luck.
Old 06-28-2005, 06:05 AM

If they are unwilling to fix the issues or bring down the purchase price to offset it, then walk. It is not your prerogative to give them business, it is the dealerships responsibility to earn yours. Also keep in mind they their sales tactics may also be a reflection on how their service department is but if you have another Infiniti dealership to go to for any possible warranty, I would not worry about that too much.

I just got my 02 I35 about one month ago and am due for an oil change already since I do a lot of highway driving. It was the color I wanted and still enjoying its ride. Get a few people looking at my car as well which is a plus.
Old 06-28-2005, 02:16 PM

yeah if they really mess with us and keep holding a hard stane we are deffinatly going to report them to the BBB. And in addition I am going to got on every single automotive forum out there and let them know that this dealership sucks *** and what they did.