Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

Any Danger of explosion with the 0801 VCVBV code??

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2005, 03:36 PM
Armed and Dangerous

Any Danger of explosion with the 0801 VCVBV code??

THe 0801 vacuum control valve bypass valve code keeps coming on about once a week or so. THis just recently started about a month ago.

My basic understanding of the system is that it relieves the fuel tank of fuel vapors by sending them into the intake mainifold via vacuum line and bruning them up in the engine.

I know the valve is not functioning properly because every time I open my gas cap an @ss load of fumes gush out!! So lately, I have been just releasing the fumes by taking off the gas cap once a day until I find the time to replace it.

My question is, is there any danger by driving around with an abnormal amount of fumes in the tank?? Could a spark from the fuel pump ignite the abundance of fumes and turn me into a car bomb??
Old 07-12-2005, 04:35 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

have you asked in the tech forum? From what your saying I'd have to guess yes but you wouldn't think anything that produces sparks would be located in or near the gas tank.
Old 07-13-2005, 11:21 AM

DAMN YOU!!!!! You are ruining our environment! haha

Im amazed the Boulder Gestapo haven't found you yet.
Old 07-13-2005, 11:54 AM
Armed and Dangerous

Originally Posted by KNYFE
have you asked in the tech forum? From what your saying I'd have to guess yes but you wouldn't think anything that produces sparks would be located in or near the gas tank.
There is the fuel pump located right in the fuel tank. It does receive direct voltage, and an arc from some bad wiring could ignite the fumes.

With the VCVBV functioning properly, there low to no fumes in the tank, and when the tank is more than 1/2 full that pump is submerged, so an explosion would be unlikely... But with no way for the fumes to escape (other than releasing them into the atmosphere) and explosion still seems unlikely, but more possible none the less.

What is the tech forum?
Old 07-13-2005, 12:36 PM
Armed and Dangerous

Originally Posted by NewLoveI30
DAMN YOU!!!!! You are ruining our environment! haha

Im amazed the Boulder Gestapo haven't found you yet.
You God damn right! All this extra emissions bullsh!t really pisses me off. Just look at how much extra evap and egr crap we have to deal with because of emissions.

If the liberal @ss gestapo of boulder knew I was running without the factory pre cats, they would really **** their pants. I would be jailed and then my car would be crushed into a cube once they found out that it actually has animal skin for the seating surfaces... all in the name of environmentalism gone mad in a town where recycling is manditory by LAW!.

Sometimes I think about reomving the main cat and running a mid pipe to just to **** people off! I would just bolt the cat back in every 2 years so I could pass emissions and then remove it again!