Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

'04 I35 is comaprable to....

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 08:42 AM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

'04 I35 is comaprable to....

[noob]what year maxima?? the 5.5 gen '03s or the newer style '04s?? I'm thinking the '03s right?? [/noob] thanks
Old 08-30-2005, 11:27 AM
I'm needing a caw

They made the I35 in 04' still? I'd like the look of the last I30/I35. I believe they changed the bodystyle in 2000. But put in the VQ35 in 2002. I just don't remember when the dropped the I series entirely though.
Old 08-30-2005, 11:49 AM

You're right. The I35 (any year) is based on the 02/03 max.
Old 08-30-2005, 11:49 AM
Lightly modded

Originally Posted by DA-MAX
[noob]what year maxima?? the 5.5 gen '03s or the newer style '04s?? I'm thinking the '03s right?? [/noob] thanks

What are you two doing in this section??
Yes, the last year they made the I35 it was a 5.5 gen, not the 6th gen.
Old 08-30-2005, 03:20 PM
Armed and Dangerous

Originally Posted by 95maxrider
A more posh version of the 6th gen exists over seas though... So the I lives on to some degree.
Old 08-30-2005, 03:55 PM
Lightly modded

Originally Posted by i30ds
A more posh version of the 6th gen exists over seas though... So the I lives on to some degree.
Really? Got any more info on it?
Old 08-30-2005, 04:14 PM
Got Projectors?

I believe he's referring to the Nissan Teana.
Old 08-30-2005, 06:26 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

I needed a little reassurance before I do an install. so the I35 would be a 5.5 gen afterwards, cool...thanks guys
Old 08-30-2005, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
They made the I35 in 04' still? I'd like the look of the last I30/I35. I believe they changed the bodystyle in 2000. But put in the VQ35 in 2002. I just don't remember when the dropped the I series entirely though.
Correct, the 04 I35 was the last of the 5.5 gen.
Infiniti decided to only offer AWD and RWD vehicles from 05 onward.
Old 08-31-2005, 12:00 AM
Armed and Dangerous

There was a link around here somewhere... I'll try to see if I can find it.
Old 08-31-2005, 09:12 PM

http://www.thecarconnection.com/Enth...178.A8969.html

http://www.u-ka.cn/imgsearch/html/img01/101747.html
can anyone get these cefiro lights?
Old 08-31-2005, 11:37 PM
Armed and Dangerous

Maxima in Australia-
http://www.nissan.com.au/maxima/gallery.asp
Old 09-02-2005, 05:39 AM

That Maxima in Australia is identical to the M45, except for the fact that the Tailights do not have Circular LEDs in them
Old 09-02-2005, 08:22 AM
Got Projectors?

Originally Posted by Max Mutes
That Maxima in Australia is identical to the M45, except for the fact that the Tailights do not have Circular LEDs in them
Uhhhh no. That Maxima in Australia is FWD, and has the 3.5L VQ with a 4 speed AT. It's not even close to the M45, except for maybe a little resemblance.
Old 09-02-2005, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by PerfectVQ I30
I can get those Cefiro Headlights, but you will also need the front bumper and replace the foglights. If you are still interested in doing that. Email me:
sycefiro@yahoo.com
That front end resembles (copies) the Mercedez Benz S-class.

Originally Posted by Max Mutes
Nah.. Mike, Maxima in Australia is Teana or called Cefiro in HK/Singapore. In Japan it's still called Teana. And Korean Samsung has one that's identical to that. They are similar to the Maxima 6th Gen here.. they may share the plateform and all but none of the parts from Teana are directly swappable to 6th Gen Maxima (Don't ask me how I know )

M35/M45 are called Nissan FUGA in Japan and is RWD like Meta Said
Old 09-02-2005, 06:45 PM
Armed and Dangerous

The current Teana appears to have a more refined interior and exterior than the current Maxima. It would have nice if Nissan made the new Teana the new I35 (with 6spd hlsd optional of course). By eliminating the I, Nissan just handed the entire FWD entry level luxury market over to Acura and Lexus. And model against model the I was always better than the TL or ES.
Old 09-04-2005, 12:32 AM

The current Teana appears to have a more refined interior and exterior than the current Maxima. It would have nice if Nissan made the new Teana the new I35 (with 6spd hlsd optional of course). By eliminating the I, Nissan just handed the entire FWD entry level luxury market over to Acura and Lexus. And model against model the I was always better than the TL or ES.

Its better that way, now Infiniti's can run high horsepower and its more useful power cuz its rear wheel and always race against acura's and never have to worry about "terminal understeer"
Old 09-05-2005, 10:50 PM
Armed and Dangerous

Its better that way, now Infiniti's can run high horsepower and its more useful power cuz its rear wheel and always race against acura's and never have to worry about "terminal understeer"
Yeah, but most people dont care about that. They just want a FWD for winter climates.
Old 09-06-2005, 01:06 AM

Yeah, but most people dont care about that. They just want a FWD for winter climates.
then get a nissan or the x series thats awd. Considering the next GTR most likely will be an Infiniti line up, suck it up or get a nissan, your not paying extra for nothing..... i dont see BMW's with BS fwd setups......understeer is a biatch so **** it.....oversteer is sooo much easier to recover from than understeer with an experienced driver so i mean cmon now.... you graduated to the big leagues now...
Old 09-06-2005, 06:45 AM
G37S > I35 > UR Max

then get a nissan or the x series thats awd. Considering the next GTR most likely will be an Infiniti line up, suck it up or get a nissan, your not paying extra for nothing..... i dont see BMW's with BS fwd setups......understeer is a biatch so **** it.....oversteer is sooo much easier to recover from than understeer with an experienced driver so i mean cmon now.... you graduated to the big leagues now...
true. This will be my last front wheel drive car. Most of my friends have manual rwd cars and not one of them complain about winter weather. My cousin has a 540i and I swear he could out handle practically anything out there in bad weather. Throw on some blizzak winter rubber and your car will be fine. On my g35, I changed to blizzak last winter and not a problem either. I like the way infiniti is going with their line up. Just too bad I won't be another infiniti loyal (5 infiniti's in 5 years) after this purchase. I want to make a move to a new/used 545i or 745-750li.
Old 09-06-2005, 06:27 PM
Armed and Dangerous

I dont even know how to respond to this.

I said most people... not me. What you feel and what you think will never change the fact there is a FWD entery level luxury market. Why dont you suck it up and get a manual. I would take this car in FWD MT form rather than it in RWD AT form any day of the week. No FWD BMWs??... ever heard of the 1 series??

And please dont try to lecture about understeer and oversteer. With some modifications I have reduced the understeer in this car a non existent level. You obviously have not driven a multitude of cars. Otherwise, you would know that there are plenty of FWD cars that have minimal if no understeer and plenty of RWD cars that have horrible understeer. Its all about the handling limits... not a matter understeer or oversteer.
Old 09-06-2005, 06:39 PM
Armed and Dangerous

Originally Posted by leeI35
true. This will be my last front wheel drive car. Most of my friends have manual rwd cars and not one of them complain about winter weather. My cousin has a 540i and I swear he could out handle practically anything out there in bad weather. Throw on some blizzak winter rubber and your car will be fine. On my g35, I changed to blizzak last winter and not a problem either. I like the way infiniti is going with their line up. Just too bad I won't be another infiniti loyal (5 infiniti's in 5 years) after this purchase. I want to make a move to a new/used 545i or 745-750li.
Your right Lee, the next one for me will be rwd too. I'm thinking G35c 6MT or an 04+ GTO... The feeling of kicking up the rear tires is amazing.

5 infinitis in 5 years?? What happened?
Old 09-06-2005, 10:44 PM

I dont even know how to respond to this.

I said most people... not me. What you feel and what you think will never change the fact there is a FWD entery level luxury market. Why dont you suck it up and get a manual. I would take this car in FWD MT form rather than it in RWD AT form any day of the week. No FWD BMWs??... ever heard of the 1 series??

And please dont try to lecture about understeer and oversteer. With some modifications I have reduced the understeer in this car a non existent level. You obviously have not driven a multitude of cars. Otherwise, you would know that there are plenty of FWD cars that have minimal if no understeer and plenty of RWD cars that have horrible understeer. Its all about the handling limits... not a matter understeer or oversteer.

HA! your funny i driven plenty of fwd(sentra, altima, maxima, i30, civics, eclipse, lancer, corrolla) rwd(240sx, 300zx, sc300, supra, 350z, mustang, bmw 328) and awd(wrx, evo). Im one to test the limits of cars and never been all that happy with fwd. Ya you can limit fwd understeer problem but its part of its blood. If your getting understeer with a RWD car you dont know how to corner... You mean to tell me a 500hp fwd car isnt going to understeer? All i know is if i had 500hp, its not gonna be a fwd car....OH and my i30 is my 1st automatic car to own, my last 3 cars have all been manual and i know how to fcukin drive...
Old 09-06-2005, 10:57 PM
Armed and Dangerous

HA! your funny i driven plenty of fwd(sentra, altima, maxima, i30, civics, eclipse, lancer, corrolla) rwd(240sx, 300zx, sc300, supra, 350z, mustang, bmw 328) and awd(wrx, evo). Im one to test the limits of cars and never been all that happy with fwd. Ya you can limit fwd understeer problem but its part of its blood. If your getting understeer with a RWD car you dont know how to corner... You mean to tell me a 500hp fwd car isnt going to understeer? All i know is if i had 500hp, its not gonna be a fwd car....OH and my i30 is my 1st automatic car to own, my last 3 cars have all been manual and i know how to fcukin drive...
Well it doesnt show. Are you even sober?? If you really drove all those cars then you should know that fwds can have no understeer and rwds can have understeer. It just depends on the car. If you're one to test the limits then why did you buy a fwd?? And yes, you could have a 500 hp fwd with minimal if no understeer... but youll have some god awful torque steer.
Old 09-06-2005, 11:13 PM

Well it doesnt show. Are you even sober?? If you really drove all those cars then you should know that fwds can have no understeer and rwds can have understeer. It just depends on the car. If you're one to test the limits then why did you buy a fwd?? And yes, you could have a 500 hp fwd with minimal if no understeer... but youll have some god awful torque steer.
Yes im sober, i like to accelerate at mid apex, you do that with fwd you will start understeering (if your car even has enough power to) and with that god awful torque steer its pretty much garunteed your going to understeer, you do that with rwd you will be able compensate for if any understeering(depending on car). DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT UNDERSTEER IS???? I drive a fwd because im building my project car which is rwd and i need a daily driver mr smarty pants.
Old 09-06-2005, 11:29 PM
Armed and Dangerous

Yes im sober, i like to accelerate at mid apex, you do that with fwd you will start understeering (if your car even has enough power to) and with that god awful torque steer its pretty much garunteed your going to understeer, you do that with rwd you will be able compensate for if any understeering(depending on car). DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT UNDERSTEER IS???? I drive a fwd because im building my project car which is rwd and i need a daily driver mr smarty pants.
Doesnt sound like you know what it is. Understeer is more of a result of body roll during cornering that can cause the wheels to be angled such that the car would tend to steer towards the outside of the corner; or poor weight distribution which is where the whole fwd thing comes in but is not limited too.
Old 09-06-2005, 11:35 PM

Doesnt sound like you know what it is. Understeer is more of a result of body roll during cornering that can cause the wheels to be angled such that the car would tend to steer towards the outside of the corner; or poor weight distribution which is where the whole fwd thing comes in but is not limited too.
Now if understeer can be eliminated, why did they experiment with it on open wheel race cars and then trash it after it resulted in "terminal understeer" I mean these guys have plenty of money to get rid of it right???
Old 09-07-2005, 09:27 AM
G37S > I35 > UR Max

Your right Lee, the next one for me will be rwd too. I'm thinking G35c 6MT or an 04+ GTO... The feeling of kicking up the rear tires is amazing.

5 infinitis in 5 years?? What happened?
I get bored with cars after I mod them. I need a car that is really hard to mod so, I can focus on other things in life. Since 2000 I have had a 99 G20t, 2001 G20t, 02 Qx4, 03 G35 (still have) 04 I35(still have). Not to mention I had a 96 GLE maxima and 2001 Acura CL-S. All front wheel drive except the G35. If I go to the bmw or mercedes realm, the only mods I would probably do is tints/wheels/audio.
Old 09-07-2005, 04:55 PM
Armed and Dangerous

I get bored with cars after I mod them. I need a car that is really hard to mod so, I can focus on other things in life. Since 2000 I have had a 99 G20t, 2001 G20t, 02 Qx4, 03 G35 (still have) 04 I35(still have). Not to mention I had a 96 GLE maxima and 2001 Acura CL-S. All front wheel drive except the G35. If I go to the bmw or mercedes realm, the only mods I would probably do is tints/wheels/audio.
damn that is getting bored quickly.
Old 09-08-2005, 11:59 PM

I don't want to sound like I am playing the devils advocate here because I am like you in that regard, and must say it took a lot for me to not mod my I35. I can't say the same once I am inside of a MB or BMW in the next couple of years. i get goose bumps just looking at these companies that offer almost complete car mods for BMW and MB. (Plus it adds to the resale value of the car due to the recognition of these companies in the industry.) Check out these links.

Hamman (BMW's)
http://www.hamann-motorsport.de/index_start.php
Brabus (MB's)
http://www.brabus-usa.com/mainpage.html
Auto Couture(all luxury makes wheels and body kits)
http://www.auto-couture.com/
Evolutions(all luxury makes)
www.evolutions.co.jp
Fabulous
http://www.fabulous.co.jp/index1.html
And Wald(oh yeah, Wald is the best)
http://www.wald-japan.co.jp/wald/menu.html
Old 09-09-2005, 01:57 PM
Armed and Dangerous

...If I go to the bmw or mercedes realm, the only mods I would probably do is tints/wheels/audio.
Before the I30, I used to have a 92 Acura Vigor 5spd, and that thing was IMPOSSIBLE to mod... No body supported what so ever, and it was the only Honda to have the 2.5 I5 engine. Just about the only things that I did were tint, rims, and audio. I made a custom pop intake and put a dynomax muffler on.

I thought about having custom headers, down pipe, and b pipe made for it, but the exhaust manifold was already tubular, and the down and b pipes were not really restricted (i.e. no bullsh!t pre-cats or crimps). The biggest reason though was cost... a custom exhaust gets real expensive real quick.