Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 04:14 PM

Help!!

well a cab smashed into me today. the drivers side front fender, driver door, passenger door are fuked up. the insurance told me they may claim a total collision if the repairs are more then the car itself. has 130,XXX miles on it. now im on a mission NOT to let this happen! theres no way i can find a better car for what the insurance will give me. so. does anyone have the front fender, drivers door, and passenger door avaliable?? i live in Kent, Washington. the year is 96, and the regular i30. someone please help.
Old 10-05-2005, 04:52 PM
Armed and Dangerous

Originally Posted by i30SPEED
well a cab smashed into me today. the drivers side front fender, driver door, passenger door are fuked up. the insurance told me they may claim a total collision if the repairs are more then the car itself. has 130,XXX miles on it. now im on a mission NOT to let this happen! theres no way i can find a better car for what the insurance will give me. so. does anyone have the front fender, drivers door, and passenger door avaliable?? i live in Kent, Washington. the year is 96, and the regular i30. someone please help.
With an order like that, you need to accept your fate... They'll low ball, you'll have no choice but to accept, and you'll end up in a used sh!tty mitsubishi or subaru.
Old 10-05-2005, 05:00 PM

anyone know how much it will be for fender, and two doors? will it be more then the damned car?
Old 10-06-2005, 12:15 AM
Armed and Dangerous

Originally Posted by i30SPEED
anyone know how much it will be for fender, and two doors? will it be more then the damned car?
Painted and installed by a professional body shop... more than the car. And thats assuming you dont have any frame damage.
Old 10-08-2005, 01:05 AM

Ok here's my two cents. It is the responsibility of the insurance company to replace your car with a car that is equal in value and comparable in condition to what you currently had. They will tell you that the Blue Book value of the car is **** but you have to be prepared to fight. Go on EBAY or MSN MOTORS and search for a comparable ride to what you had. Find about 3 to 5 cars anywhere in the US and print them out. Present these to the insurance company as acceptable replacements and then demand that they pay you an amount that would cover the cost of one of the cars. Remember you are the victim and it is their responsibility to make you happy. I did a quick search and found a number of cars that match your year and have over 100 thousand miles and they are still running about 7000 dollars or more. Good luck....
Old 10-08-2005, 04:19 PM

would it matter whose fault it was?