Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

Need some help with foglight re-wire

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 10:52 PM

Need some help with foglight re-wire

Well I'm going to try and re-wire my driver's side foglight this weekend but need some help from some of you fabricators and super-modders

The connector at the end of my harness was ripped off in my wreck. Ideally, I want to be able to solder the ends of the wires from the engine harness into the connector on the back of the fog, but I don't know if this is possible-or if it will work...

Aside from paying $1200 for a new engine harness when all I need is the connector; this is the best solution I can think of. Anyone have any advice on this?
Old 03-29-2006, 09:35 AM

I know you already posted on this, but have you still not found a harness at a local parts store or on the net?

You'll have to refresh my memory, is it the H3 connector you are looking for, or something else?

If you cant find the correct ones for a decent price, why not just order some high quality, non specific connectors?
Old 03-29-2006, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by NewLoveI30
I know you already posted on this, but have you still not found a harness at a local parts store or on the net?

You'll have to refresh my memory, is it the H3 connector you are looking for, or something else?

If you cant find the correct ones for a decent price, why not just order some high quality, non specific connectors?

Not sure what types of connectors you are referring to. A little more info would be nice

It's the connector that runs from the engine harness to the foglight-the connector on the foglight end was torn off in a front end collision, so I have nothing to plug the foglight into....
Old 03-29-2006, 11:39 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by AcuraLegend
Not sure what types of connectors you are referring to. A little more info would be nice

It's the connector that runs from the engine harness to the foglight-the connector on the foglight end was torn off in a front end collision, so I have nothing to plug the foglight into....
Can you post pics of the part you DO have for the other side? Sounds like you simply need the plastic connector that attaches to the fog light housing. Look in to whether or not it is the same connector that the Maximas use. I know of several junk yards in San Diego that will let you pick the part you need, and pay at the counter.
Old 03-29-2006, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by teksurv
Can you post pics of the part you DO have for the other side? Sounds like you simply need the plastic connector that attaches to the fog light housing. Look in to whether or not it is the same connector that the Maximas use. I know of several junk yards in San Diego that will let you pick the part you need, and pay at the counter.

Not the same connecxtor as the Maxima. However, an 00-01 I30 will work...

I need the connector on the end of the harness, not the foglight housing.

I'll get pics this weekend, I don't have time during the week to take off the fender liner, jack up the car, etc....
Old 03-29-2006, 03:47 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by AcuraLegend
Not the same connecxtor as the Maxima. However, an 00-01 I30 will work...

I need the connector on the end of the harness, not the foglight housing.

I'll get pics this weekend, I don't have time during the week to take off the fender liner, jack up the car, etc....
Yeah I know the connector you need. Other than a wrecking yard, or new (I know you said they will only sell you the whole harness) the only way would be to ghetto rig it. That being, isolate the wires for the H3 connection, route through the housing to the bulb, and mate flat connectors to those wires to connect to the bulb.

OR, if you want to rig it a little more nicely, find a generic male/female connector that will house the wiring, and attach one end to the fog housing, the other to your harness.
Old 03-29-2006, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by teksurv
OR, if you want to rig it a little more nicely, find a generic male/female connector that will house the wiring, and attach one end to the fog housing, the other to your harness.
This is exactly what I was talking about. Do a little searching online or at your local parts store.