Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

NOOBIES: The "I AM NEW HERE BUT HAVE A QUESTION" thread...

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 05:08 PM
Armed and Dangerous

Originally Posted by mhc_70
In 2002 odo at 72779k quit for about 2 months and works sporadictaly since.
It now shows 110500k, I figure its 150k+-.
Anyway, today I was pricing axles and I cant find one for the right side with the lsd. Only the left. Are the right with and without lsd the same?
Yes.

10char
Old 11-26-2006, 07:29 PM
Armed and Dangerous

Originally Posted by 97lude
may be a dumb question, but when you lock the car with the remote, is it suppose to chirp? Mine doesn't, but I was just hoping maybe its just broken.
Not on the A32.
Old 11-27-2006, 08:05 AM

may be a dumb question, but when you lock the car with the remote, is it suppose to chirp? Mine doesn't, but I was just hoping maybe its just broken.
I know on my 01 I30, if you hold down the lock & unlock buttons for a few seconds it switches to no chirp. From that point on it will lock without chirping. If you hold the two buttons again for a couple seconds, it will revert back to chirping when you lock it.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:17 AM
Armed and Dangerous

Originally Posted by mydecember1985
I have been hearing alot about this OOvi vs. MEvi thing. I know the OOvi means 2000+ supposedly, and I know it is the better of the two, but I am unsure as to which I have.
Mine's a 2000, so does that mean I have an OOvi??
Thanks
You have the 00vi. The 00 part comes from 2000 (even though the same intake manifold is on the 01... people come up with some names around here) and vi stands for variable intake.
Old 12-27-2006, 07:42 AM
Armed and Dangerous

Originally Posted by darkinfiniti
I'm trying to replace my 1997 I30 engine which has 157000 miles on for a better performance engine with low mileage on it....do you guys have any recommendations
VQ30DEK found in the 00-01 Maxima/I30.
Old 12-28-2006, 04:59 PM
Mod her. Ate her.

Originally Posted by Kamal1988
Hey guys i just signed up and i gotta say i really like the site...i have what u know as a 2001 Infiniti I30, but over here in lebanon its a maxima...i was just wondering if anyone has tried driving the car with the air filter taken out? it sounds amazing, but i dont want to screw up the engine so im wondering if there is a way to get that same sound without taking out the filter?
You really don't want to drive it w/o the filter. Try a cold-air intake or a short-ran intake- either will increase the sond but keep dust out of the engine.
Edit: I almost forgot: Welcome to the site!

Does anyone know to fix a torque converter, knock sensor because the dealer is trying to charge me about $2,200...can someone help
Knock sensor you can buy and replace. Try a Haynes or Chilton's manual for the Maxima- it will show the procedure (it is the same for the I30). You can buy these at amlost any auto parts store.

Torque converter may be able to be rebuilt, or you could try to buy one from a junk yard and swap it out. I don't think that rebuilding or repairing a TC is a DIY project, but replacing it might be able to be done with basic tools.
Old 12-29-2006, 08:13 AM

Torque converter

Originally Posted by phenryiv1
Knock sensor you can buy and replace. Try a Haynes or Chilton's manual for the Maxima- it will show the procedure (it is the same for the I30). You can buy these at amlost any auto parts store.

Torque converter may be able to be rebuilt, or you could try to buy one from a junk yard and swap it out. I don't think that rebuilding or repairing a TC is a DIY project, but replacing it might be able to be done with basic tools.
Thanks....I read that I might be able to install a stronger TC.....do you know what model of I30 has a stronger one? or can I get this from the junkyard also...
Old 12-30-2006, 09:50 AM
Armed and Dangerous

Thanks....I read that I might be able to install a stronger TC.....do you know what model of I30 has a stronger one? or can I get this from the junkyard also...
No model of I30 ever had a 'stronger' TC. There are high stall TC's, but they must be purchased from an aftermarket party and you can kiss everyday drivability goodbye with one of those.

Just stick with a just stick with a junk yard TC.

I have a 97 TC and auto tranny w/ 96K on it if your're interested.
Old 12-30-2006, 09:53 AM
Armed and Dangerous

Is it possible to change out a 97 I30 TC and Transmission for an 00-01 I30?
TC would probably work with out incident. THe tranny will bolt up and the axles fit, but I'm not sure if the electrical connectors on the engine harness will fit the ones on the tranny.
Old 01-01-2007, 07:19 AM
Armed and Dangerous

Originally Posted by select127
why when I try to PM someone this is what comes on the screen? the same thing happens if i try to make my own thread so can anyone tell me how to fix this.
You need 15 posts.

Hey fellows i'm getting ready to put a new trasmission in my 97 I30, I got the part from the junkyard yesterday but I really don't know if I have the right transmission....the guy sold me a used one for $350 and he stated that a 95-99 maxima transmission is the same as the 95-97 I30...is this true? and also where can I get a picture to see if i was sold the right transmission...thanks please help...
They are the same.
Old 01-09-2007, 11:13 AM
Mod her. Ate her.

Hey guys does anyone know where I can get a glove compartment and an arm rest for 97' I30 in black...I've checked everywhere but they only have them in other color but black...please help...thanks
This does not qualify as a "frequently aske question," but I will take a stab at it. First off, try looking for the part for a MAXIMA. You will have a LOT more luck with that, as opposed to an Infiniti. Second, look for a 1997 or newer maxima part. It will have better cupholders. Also, don't be alarmed if it does not have spots for heated seat switches. I can help you with that. IF YOU FIND ONE LIKE THAT, MAKE A NEW POST AND I WILL POST THE HOW-TO. If you want to go looking, it is in the 4th GEN stickys.

The 95-99 maxima part bolts right in place, but the armrests are NOT universal. The 95-96 Maxima and the 96-97 I30 are interchangable, and the 97-99 Maxima and 98-99 I30 are interchangable, but the early years do NOT work with the newer ones, or vice versa.

This page ---> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/233635/3 has pics...
Old 01-16-2007, 12:40 PM

Hey guys does anyone know where I can get a glove compartment and an arm rest for 97' I30 in black...I've checked everywhere but they only have them in other color but black...please help...thanks
I picked up an armrest (in black) for my 2000 from infinitiparts....i suggest giving them a call.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by phenryiv1
There is a sticky in the audio forum that gives all of the part numbers, but the adapter is made by PAC. Again, I don't have the actual model number, but it is in the first few sticky threads in the audio subforum.
I am actually half way pleased with my stock sound system. I am however done with CD's! I hate carrying them around in the car and am going to look into getting my iPod wired up! Nothing like having over 2500 songs (currently) at your disposal! Has anyone done this? I am not referring to the little wire the plugs into the lighter but actually going to a sound shop and having them wire it to the back some how? I know their are kits out there. To me this would retain the stock look but allow for full/normal volume capabilities vs playing the iPod through the radio.
Old 01-17-2007, 05:16 AM
Mod her. Ate her.

Originally Posted by DamSedan
I am actually half way pleased with my stock sound system. I am however done with CD's! I hate carrying them around in the car and am going to look into getting my iPod wired up! Nothing like having over 2500 songs (currently) at your disposal! Has anyone done this? I am not referring to the little wire the plugs into the lighter but actually going to a sound shop and having them wire it to the back some how? I know their are kits out there. To me this would retain the stock look but allow for full/normal volume capabilities vs playing the iPod through the radio.
Someone has added an AUX input using the CD changer input. Do a search on the subject and it should explain the process. I believe that it was pretty complicated, but I know that it has been done.

Also, there is a seller on eBay who sells adapters that utilize the CD changer input to feed iPod signals. They are expensive, but they are plug-and-play.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1999-2006-NISSAN...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 01-17-2007, 10:52 AM
Mod her. Ate her.

Because I can not search yet due to the rules and have not found this in the posted threads, has anyone bought the ebay halo head lights for an I35? If yes, what must be done to install? Is it pretty much plug and play? I don't mind mine so much and could clear them (bake) myself but like the projector style.
I don't know the actual answer to your question, but in the toolbar at the top (under the org banner), there is a "Free Search" option that allows you to just search the org. I'd try there.
Old 01-17-2007, 11:02 PM
Armed and Dangerous

If you were to install the 05+ Pathfinder head unit, you could install an ipod cable to that.
Old 01-17-2007, 11:34 PM
Armed and Dangerous

Originally Posted by I30THOROUGHBRED
YO GUYS LOOKING FOR DUAL HALO HEADLAMPS (COMPLETE SET) WITH SOME XENON OR SOME REALLY GOOD QUALITY BULBS FOR A 96 INFINITI I30..... IF someone can build some headlamps by following the instructions on maxima forum, or if u know anyone with these headlamps ready to be installed hit me up maybe some bi-xenons..... any info wud help. ive wanted this car forever and finally I got it.

any info u can help to make it powerful (350-400hp) will greatly be appreciated. so far i am working only on the interior and some exterior....i hope to put in a turbo by the end of the year. i dont want to put any tags on the car or any exterior fittings,... currently on schedule

JAN - 2007
- transmission overhaul - completed
- new tires - in progress
- pathfinder cd changer - in progress
- folding mirrors. - completed
- gps - completed
- computer - completed
- electrical rewiring to hardwire electronics. - completed

SUMMER - 2007
- DUAL HALO HEADLAMPS (either self constructed or purchased)
- short shifter (short throw)
- racing clutch (short release)
- tockico illuminas struts
- shocks
- in dash dvd pop-up screen

FALL- 2007
- turbo
- speedometer gauges (red led light to replace faded yellow bulb) and led red for needle.

ANY INFO WUD GREETLY BE APPRECIATED

vpsecattorney@yahoo.com (its what i do)

All I can say is read, read, read. Check out the 4th gen., FI, and I30 forum stickies. Info on almost all those topics can be found.
Old 01-19-2007, 08:04 AM
Mod her. Ate her.

Originally Posted by Sasquatch
I'm bought some H&R's for a slight drop. Do I need to buy anything else to bring the geometry back within specs? I know Eibach sells a camber adjustment package but not sure that I need it. Thanks in advance.
You do NOT need a cmaber kit, but I WOULD replace some of the OEM parts. You will also need to replace your struts, as the OEM ones will not stand up to the drop for long. I would replace or regrease the strut bearings.
Old 01-19-2007, 08:05 AM
Mod her. Ate her.

Hey guys my airbag light in my 97 130 has been on for awhile I just want to know if the sensors had gone bad or is something wrong with my airbag for real...I hope its not the airbag; those things are expensive to fix...I saw "the how to" post for a maxima...would you suggest i try doing the same thing? please help
Follow the Maxima procedure. Your car is the same.
Old 01-22-2007, 07:31 PM
大陆弟弟

Originally Posted by JI30
Does anybody with tint have problems with air bubbles on the rear window because of the matrix dots? I took it back to the shop that did the tint and they said it was "normal" and couldnt do anything about the air bubbles because of the matrix dots. I read about wet sanding the matrix dots down and or using glue to get it flush. I called a few other shops but they all said it would be difficult to get it perfect and couldnt make any guarantees.
I have that too, is is normal with dot matrix. Easiest fix is to tell them to cover that part alone with a vinyl or like 5% tint to hide it.
Old 01-23-2007, 07:14 AM
Mod her. Ate her.

Originally Posted by JI30
Does anybody with tint have problems with air bubbles on the rear window because of the matrix dots? I took it back to the shop that did the tint and they said it was "normal" and couldnt do anything about the air bubbles because of the matrix dots. I read about wet sanding the matrix dots down and or using glue to get it flush. I called a few other shops but they all said it would be difficult to get it perfect and couldnt make any guarantees.
Also, the look of that section improved with time on the rear window of my Sentra. Not much consolation, but it does get better. You CAN have it sanded and re-done, but most shops will charge extra for the time that it takes.
Old 01-23-2007, 12:40 PM
Mod her. Ate her.

The shop that has done all of my windows in the past has just decided not to do that part of the window. This only affected me in the past when I wanted the visor strip put on my windshield. But now that it is across my back window I am not sure what I am going to do. I definately do not want the bubble look. But with out the area tinted it looks dumb.
Your best, most cost-effective solution lies here:
Originally Posted by n3985
Easiest fix is to cover that part with a vinyl [overlay].
Old 02-04-2007, 02:20 PM
Armed and Dangerous

Originally Posted by Blackmax1924
alright got a couple questions they mayeb pretty stupid and obvious but o well here goes:
1. What is a 00VI? What does it do?
2. What is a EGR valve? Do i have one on my stock 1996 maxima gle? should i replace it?
3. What would be the best intake to get for my automatic 1996 maxima?
4. What would I have to do to my maxima before I can successfully run a turbo without any problems? How much would it cost? What turbo do most people get for a maxima?
5. What would I have to do to my maxima before i can succesfully run a supercharger without any problems? How much would it cost? What is the most popular kit?
6. What are some more performance upgrades worth doing?

Thanks
Blackmax1924
1. Variable intake off of the 00-01 I30/Maxima. In a nutt shell, it adds masive amounts of power and torque in the high rpm range over the standard US manifold. Read more in all motor forum.

2. EGR is Exhaust Gas Return. Returns exhaust gas into the intake manifold in order to reduce combustion temp. It is not a regular maintenance item.

3. Stillen, cattman, JWT, etc... the list is long. Research and pic the one you like.

4. Loaded question. Prepare to spend thousands. Read more in the boosted forum.

5. Loaded question. Prepare to spend thousands. Read more in the boosted forum.

6. Suspension, tires, rims, exhaust... once again research in the sub forums. The answers are all there.

Good luck.
Old 02-05-2007, 01:44 PM
Armed and Dangerous

Originally Posted by Blackmax1924
O ok, i did a lot of reading today and found out the answers to all of my questions. I have one more question for you though What is a IAC valve? Should i clean it? Is it necessary? If i dotn clean it will it affect anything?
Thanks
Blackmax1924
IACV is Idle Air Control Valve. No real need to clean it unless your having some idle issues.
Old 02-06-2007, 03:44 PM
Got Projectors?

Originally Posted by myzyr
2000 i30t--does anyone know the part number for the xenon bulbs? does ~300 dollars sound right for just one bulb from infiniti dealership?
It uses standard D2R bulbs.

$300 is wayyyyy too much. You should be able to find them new in stores for around $90/bulb.

Shameless plug: I have a spare D2R bulb that I pulled out of an '01 I30t headlight I'll let go for $35 shipped.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:37 PM
Got Projectors?

Originally Posted by mtownyellaboy
Transmission Issue:I,ve owned my '00 I-30 for over a year now.It has 123k miles.When I let my car warm for 2-3 minutes before leaving home especially in cooler weather,the transmission has a noticable slip from 2-3.It eventually stops after a few mins.I've done a flush and refill with mobile 1 synthetic and I still have the same problem.Is this something I should ignore?internal problems maybe?I once ran into a TSB for this issue but I just blew it off.Is there a solution?
http://www.infinitihelp.com/Ownershi.../ITB04-014.htm

http://www.nissan-techinfo.com/infin...RefNo=ITB00028
Old 02-09-2007, 06:36 PM
Mod her. Ate her.

Originally Posted by tyler5619
i'm thinking this thread is sticky-worthy.

also, my power antenna has been being a little douchebag lately. it would go up fine, but it would try to keep going up past fully extended, causing a really annoying buzz/grind sound. to get it to go back down, i would have to turn my radio off and wait for it to make the annoying buzz/grind sound again, then get out and touch the top of the antenna to make it pull back down in there. THEN one time, i turned off my radio and got out to touch it (to make it retract)...then right when i touched it, my girlfriend turned the radio back on (stupid blondes). this caused a buzz/grind/CRAAACK sound. now it's stuck up and i have no idea what to do.

so do i need a new motor? motor AND antenna? thanks in advance.

-tyler
New mast only, as long as the motor still seems to run. It is easier, however, to replace the whole assembly. It does not to be a sticky because it is bumped often enough to be visible.
Old 02-09-2007, 09:42 PM
Got Projectors?

Originally Posted by autoguy
I am after a 02 or 03 I35. My question is, how can I tell if the car has SPORT suspension and is it worth it to pay extra to get a car with it?

Thank-you in advance.
Sport models had side-skirts and 8-spoke wheels. The difference between sport and non-sport suspension, IMO, is negligible. I've driven both and was hard pressed to tell a difference. The rear suspension on the Sport model is a tad stiffer.

Sport models also came equipped with VDC and "Sport" floormats.

Is it worth it? Depends. If you absolutely want side-sills, then yes. If you absolutely want VDC, then yes. But if those little things don't really matter to you then I wouldn't seek one out over the other.
Old 02-12-2007, 07:19 AM
Got Projectors?

What is VDC, how can I tell if a car has it?
What is the difference between SPORT floor mats and the reg. ones?
Wern't the side skirts were an option so they could also be on a reg. model couldn't they?
Are the rims the only way to tell?

Again.
Thank-you in advance for sharing your knowledge with me.

I have been looking into this for about a month and this is the first time I have been told about the rims.
Yes, skirts were an option, regardless, so it's not a sure-fire way to tell, but if it's a sport edition it WILL have them. I'd have to look at my floormats to be sure, but I think there's an embroidered Infiniti logo and then "Sport."

VDC = what every manufacturer these days calls electronic stability control (ESC). More advanced than basic traction control (involves braking and power). You can tell if it has it because there will be a button/switch on the instrument cluster that will let you turn it off (if it's not a sport model it'll be TCS instead).

8 spoke wheels only came on sport models, but if someone swapped them, then that's out the window. I *want* to think also that sport-models had a completely leather steering wheel (no faux wood trim on the wheel) and a completely leather shift **** (no faux wood on the ****). Like I said, I *think* that's true, but I'm not 100% on that.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that Sport package was only available on '02 and (I think) '03 models. You could not get the sport package at all on an '04 model.
Old 02-12-2007, 02:00 PM
大陆弟弟

Originally Posted by mtownyellaboy
I want to buy new wheels for my '00 I-30 which comes stock with 215/55/16 40mm.I was looking at a 245/35/20 with 38mm offset.I checked out the calculator on 1010tires.com and it shows a 5% difference in diameter.Can I get away with this without rubbing issues??Help anyone...
Go to the tires and wheels section, you may rub depending on your drop.
Old 02-12-2007, 04:20 PM
Got Projectors?

Thanks again for the information.
With the VSC option, are the struts electronically controlled or all mechanical.
Is it a killer option to have when it comes to replacing worn suspension parts?
It's VDC, not VSC. And it doesn't have anything to do with the suspension. The struts are conventional, nothing electric about them.
Old 02-12-2007, 04:56 PM
大陆弟弟

P.S. Does either model come with rear sway bar?
No, no A33 models came with a RSB.
Old 02-12-2007, 06:13 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Sorry to be a pain in the a** but what is a RSB?

To me it would be a Rear Sway Bar but what do I know.

correct..rear swaybar
Old 02-13-2007, 03:10 PM
Armed and Dangerous

is there a write up on how to move headlights from a 98(tried searching but couldn't find it)
thanks in advance.
Do you really need a 'write up' for something like that??

Here it is anyways:

Remove the 2 nuts that hold the headlight on the radiator support bracket and the bolt that attaches the headlight to the corner light. Then undo the electrical connector.
Old 02-13-2007, 03:32 PM
Armed and Dangerous

Originally Posted by korrupt1
ok I am pretty new but have several questions about my newest of cars to me

I have a 99 I30t...which from what I have read is the "touring" model correct?

I dont have BBS rims (that I can tell of) but the suspension does have a nice sporty feel to it...smooth, but yet sporty....I also I have 16" rims...thats part of my first question

I should prolly number these...and I am sure I will have more in time...and yes I have been searching for the answers to these

1. The rims thing.....very confusing....I like the ones on it so I am ok with em...but how do I tell....mine are a five spoke design

2. I read that the "T" model came with seat heaters...mine did not...was it a upgradeable option then? if it was...would the wiring be in place for me to add them?
2a. if the wiring is there....then I would really just a need a console with the switches, correct? (I live in az, but having your seats heated is nice when its cold out and you wanna mess with people and have the windows rolled down..LOL)

3. I have factory mats with the "touring" stitched in them...this leads me more to believe I do have a proper "T" model. are there some other mats I can place on top of these because I dont want them getting ruined...I payed a lot of money for this particular car because of the shape it is in...a '99 with 87,416 miles the day I took ownership...I am second owner.....you would swear this car was hardly ever driven...and doing quick math shows the car drove roughly 10,930 miles a year....a quick breakdown shows about 30 miles a day usage....I want to keep it in top notch shape...but also have respectable upgrades

4. Should I have steering wheel controls? I dont...would like to have them if they are available....and how hard are they to install or add to my car?

5. I would like to yellow the fogs...I saw something about these and asked in that thread where I would find these yellow housing pieces....currently I have no wish or plans to re-wire for full time with the fogs...just getting the yellow installed

6. speaking of lights (A BIIIIG improvement over my old car (Acura Legend)..very poor lighting) I would like to get a more BMW HID look with retro'ing in HID's yet.....is there a plug and play kit out there such as McCulloch or something along that line? I am figuring for me to be between 4500k to 6000k as those have the brightest amount of light.

7. Is it hard to run a 4GA power wire for my amp/subs? Where would I feed that through the firewall while doing the LEAST amount of modding or damage?...I like the bose (so far....plan on adding the Pathfinder stereo after I find one and get the LED's changed out as I dont want a orange faced lighted stereo...but want the MP3 capablity...important to me but dont want aftermarket either...personal reasons) but I need a bit more bump...I dont pound around my home but when I out on the road...I like to crank it up and the Bose aint got it all

ok thats enough for the moment....I am sure I will pop up with more...prolly soon knowing me

Thank in Advance for any help regarding these questions
1. There is no question here...

2. No. The elements and wiring is not there.

3. You can always just buy new floor mats when the current ones get worn out. You can also buy I30 rubber floor mats which are fitted, but I don't see how you really need those when you live in AZ.

4. You don't have the cruise controls on your wheel? If you don't, then somebody removed them then. You can buy the controls brand new or used and then add them to the wheel. This requires the removal of the air bag and bolting the unit in and then plugging in the electrical connector.

5. There is no question here...

6. Research this. There are threads everywhere. Although most are for A33 headlights, the concept is the same.

7. You can run a 4GA wire through the factory hole in the middle of the fire wall. Just remove the grommit and run it through.
Old 02-13-2007, 03:43 PM
Armed and Dangerous

Originally Posted by crazyred
i just bought a '98 I30 with a stillen SC. The previous owner said he also had a walbro 255 installed. I have gone through my first tank of gas and noticed when the fuel light came on, less than a mile down the road, the car began to sputter and run out of gas. Lucky i was at an intersection with a gas station. When i filled the car up it only took 16.5 gallons on an 18.5 gallon tank. Does anyone know why this may have occurred? Is the walbro pump have a shorter fuel pickup that leaves 2 gallons in the tank? Is there anything i can do to correct this problem?

Crazyred
The walbro 255 lph does not have a shorter fuel pick up that would leave two gallons in the tank. The pick up is the same as the stock fuel pump. I think you had some other problem at the time.
Old 02-15-2007, 07:12 PM
Armed and Dangerous

I have never done a pump in one of these cars but I have run into this problem before. When the pump is installed there is sometimes a fuel strainer (sock). I had a car were the strainer got fliped up in the tank and when the fuel level was below a 1/2 tank or so it would start to suck up air and make the car run like crap. If I were you I would check for this condition.
The sock is smaller than a packet of sugar and is very rigid so there is no chance of that happening.
Old 02-19-2007, 02:06 PM
Armed and Dangerous

Originally Posted by rdcisneros3
I think I've pretty much figured my problem out, but wanted some of the experts here to chime in. My 98 I30 is having a temperature issue. Whenever I turn the heat on, the engine temp stays at the coolest possible and the heater is extremely weak. If I turn the heat off the temp will slowly raise to normal temperatures. I believe I should start by replacing the thermostat, as does everyone who has seen the problem. Is that what it sounds like?

I haven't really done any engine work on this car. Can the thermostat change be done in less than an hour?
Sounds like thermostat to me. Replacement can be done in under an hour.
Old 02-21-2007, 12:16 PM
mtownyellaboy

Originally Posted by sodeep28
I have a question regarding what kind of oil, filter (air + oil), do you guys recommend using for a 97 Infiniti with 117K ?
check out this thread.It might help. http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....&highlight=oil

Old 02-21-2007, 12:49 PM
Mod her. Ate her.

Originally Posted by sodeep28
I have a question regarding what kind of oil, filter (air + oil), do you guys recommend using for a 97 Infiniti with 117K ?
Use the genuine Nissan oil filters. I also use the nissan air filters, but to be honest, Fram are fine. You can also go with a K&N replacement filter.

I run full synthetic oil. 5W30 Mobil 1 or something similar is fine. I use 7000 mile change intervals, but check the fluid levels often.

Quick Reply: NOOBIES: The "I AM NEW HERE BUT HAVE A QUESTION" thread...