Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

Installing Cefiro headlight question

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 10:21 AM

Installing Cefiro headlight question

I am about to put in Cefiro headlights in my ’98 and was wondering how difficult is it to put them on? Do I need to retain any stock housing parts such as the black plastic housing that holds the stock headlight? If not, how does the Cefiro light stay mounted/screwed on? Any one have pics or how to for the I30? I've seen write ups for the Max but not many pics for the I30.

Thanks.
Old 09-06-2006, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by PhillyDonut
I am about to put in Cefiro headlights in my ’98 and was wondering how difficult is it to put them on? Do I need to retain any stock housing parts such as the black plastic housing that holds the stock headlight? If not, how does the Cefiro light stay mounted/screwed on? Any one have pics or how to for the I30? I've seen write ups for the Max but not many pics for the I30.

Thanks.
No, it's very straight forward. Did you get the One-Piece Cefiro Headlights or the Two Piece Cefiro Headlights? It is straight forward, if you know how to take off the I30 headlights, then just do the reverse to install it. No cutting of any body parts(metals) required.

The only things you need to worry about is:

1. Splice H-4 harness to your stock 9004 harness
2. Make the Corner harness fit in the Cefiro housing (or if your Cefiro headlight came with corner light socket, just splice it to your stock corner light wires)
3. Splice the City Lights to your corner light (small bulbs).

If you have everything (all the parts needed) and don't mind drive up to Somerset, NJ..... I can possibly assist ya with your install.

SY
sycefiro@yahoo.com
Old 09-06-2006, 01:39 PM

Thanks for the offer SY, but I already have the headlights out and can't drive without headlights. I have the 1 piece and plan on putting it in this when I get out of work.

So, I do not need to reuse the stock black headlight housing? I don't understand how the 1 piece light gets mounted on without the back support screws...
Old 09-06-2006, 02:38 PM

Thanks for the offer SY, but I already have the headlights out and can't drive without headlights. I have the 1 piece and plan on putting it in this when I get out of work.

So, I do not need to reuse the stock black headlight housing? I don't understand how the 1 piece light gets mounted on without the back support screws...
Okay, when you remove your stock headlights... you must have done the following:

1. Remove the screw on top of the corner lights....
2. Pop it out...
3. remove the two bolts from the side of the headlights (keep these two bolts.. you will use one later).
4. remove the two nuts from behind the headlights (near the radiator and stuff).

Now, assuming you had splice the H-4 harness and is ready to install the one piece headlights, you will do the following:

1. Put the One piece headlights in place of the OEM headlights, so you will have the longer adjustment stud going through the hole in front of the radioator.
2. screw on two nuts behind the headlights (reverse of what you did to the OEM headlights).
3. Plug in the H-4 harness, and city lights/corner lights(assuming you had done the splicing already).
4. remember the two bolts that you had removed from the side.. Now take one of 'em and screw in on to the fender (with the stick-out plastic tab coming out of the one piece headlights' corner light portion). This will hold the headlight in place.

Now repeat the other side!

Or, you can always put back the stock headlight and drive to my house. LOL
Old 09-06-2006, 04:03 PM

Got the headlights in; it was pretty straight forward.
NOW, how to wire the corner lights? Is there a direct adapter that connects the old wire sockets onto the Cefiro connectors? Or is this all splicing only?
Old 09-08-2006, 06:20 AM

NOW, how to wire the corner lights? Is there a direct adapter that connects the old wire sockets onto the Cefiro connectors? Or is this all splicing only?
Does your One piece headlight come with the socket to the corner lights? If so, splice it to fit and use that one. If your headlights doesn't come with the corner light socket, you may have to do one of the following to make your OEM side markers fit:

1. Trim the hole on the headlight (hmm. not recommanded---> possible water problem)
2. Trim the OEM socket for the corner light to make it fit on the One piece Headlight.

Good luck!
Old 09-09-2006, 08:30 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I spliced spade connectors into the wires, connected them to the JDM sockets, then filled the inside of the harness (with the spade connectors) with goop to keep water out. Better than cutting up your old harnesses (if you want to go back) or cutting up your new headlights. This all assumes your headlights came with JDM sockets, they probably did.
Old 09-11-2006, 10:14 AM

how do you get the headlights off...
Old 09-11-2006, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by 97lude

no offense but this part is common sense...after the screws they're just hooked on there.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:30 PM

I didn't get a chance to look at the car yet, was just getting a heads up beforehand so it'd save some time
Old 09-11-2006, 10:06 PM

ahh...its really not hard at all...

i did mine at ten pm using a flashlight and basic tools.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by 97lude

Pop open the hood, starting from either the passenger side or the driver side
1. Remove the screw on top of the corner lights....
2. Pop it out... disconnect the corner lights
3. remove the two bolts from the side of the headlights (keep these two bolts.. you will use one later).
4. remove the two nuts from behind the headlights (near the radiator and stuff).
5. disconnect the headlights and pull the stock headlight out.
Repeat on the other side.

Hope this helps.
Old 09-13-2006, 12:17 PM

Taking the headlights off and putting them on is not hard. What WAS confusing was I thought you would need to reuse the black housing part of the OE headlights to help mount the Cefiro lights.

Since mine came with H4 harness (I can splice that easily), city light (can splice that easily too) and JDM sockets for the corner (this is a little tricky to make it look clean). I am trying to find the ‘best’ way of connecting the JDM sockets for the corner lights without mutilating the OE wiring harness. It would be ideal to find the end piece that connects into the JDM socket <- Would someone happen to find one ?? I am looking at using spade connectors as the last resort…

SY – thanks again for all the response!
Old 09-14-2006, 08:33 AM
Donating i30 Owner

ANYONE INTERESTED IN SELLING THEIR STOCK LIGHTS PLEASE PM ME.

also i will trade my clear cefiros for them if you wish. but the trade will take 3 days for turn around time cause i need to retrofit and cant drive without lights... well i mean i can but not worth the ticket.

i will pay for shipping in case of trade.