Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

8" Sub.....Is it enough????

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2010 | 09:20 PM

8" Sub.....Is it enough????

So I have a quick question. Recently I revamped my entire bose system. I placed a 8" Polk Db840 in the factory hole. Obviously it didnt sound right not being the right type of enclosure. I ordered a .40 8" box to put it in. So, I'm curious if it will be heard if it is in the trunk in a box and not up in the factory location. I'm running about 140 watts bridged. Im not looking for ground moving bass. Just enough to fill out the lows.
Old 09-17-2010 | 12:07 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

i have upgraded my stock sub to an 8 inch infinity sub and i had to get an amp for it because the stock amp would barely move it. so if u are trying to use stock amp it will not work. i got a 250w amp and it is more then enough
Old 09-17-2010 | 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by v.slon90
i have upgraded my stock sub to an 8 inch infinity sub and i had to get an amp for it because the stock amp would barely move it. so if u are trying to use stock amp it will not work. i got a 250w amp and it is more then enough
I have a aftermarket Alpine amp dedicated for the sub. I cant even imagine pushing a 4 ohm sub with the factory bose amp!?!