Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

'04 Center Console fit an '01??

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 01:23 PM

'04 Center Console fit an '01??

Hey guys,

I was wondering as the title states if an '04 I35 center console will fit into my '01 I30 interior?? It looks like they match up perfectly minus the fact that I'd have 2 hazard buttons but I can think of something for that. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:33 PM

Ok so I answered my own question and it will fit fine EXCEPT for the auto shifter gate/guide track. I've been out of the modding/car scene for a bit so curious if it would be possible to swap out my stock I30 shifter for the "slapstick" style I35 shifter so I can therefore utilize & install it's center console?? Thanks, again.
Old 11-23-2011, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by paulmiller156
Consider consolidating all your insurance policies with one company. There are many firms who will give existing clients discounts if they carry all their insurance needs with them. Inquire if your home or life insurance carrier also has an automotive policy available.
What? lol!
Old 12-03-2011, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by paulmiller156
Consider consolidating all your insurance policies with one company. There are many firms who will give existing clients discounts if they carry all their insurance needs with them. Inquire if your home or life insurance carrier also has an automotive policy available.

Excellent advice.......
Old 12-05-2011, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Max Mutes
Ok so I answered my own question and it will fit fine EXCEPT for the auto shifter gate/guide track. I've been out of the modding/car scene for a bit so curious if it would be possible to swap out my stock I30 shifter for the "slapstick" style I35 shifter so I can therefore utilize & install it's center console?? Thanks, again.
yes, it will fit but only if you cut the I35's shifter surround. I did this and had a custom shift boot made by a forum sponsor. Looks pretty good. The one issue I had (that i havent really resolved) is finding black rubber trim to surround the new opening. Something similar to the black rubber around the stock opening. I lost interst in finding something to use b/c i wanted to install the gated shifter as you mention. I did a fair amount of research, and although no one seems to have done it, it appears that it will work, but you will lose the interlock between the key and the shifter (this also happens with a 5 speed swap), so the car can be put in gear without the key. Not a huge deal, at least not to me. However, I wasnt comfortable trying this swap by myself and couldn't seem to find anyone willing to try it. From researhing the FSMs, it appears it's just a matter of switching the shifter assemblies, connecting the shifter cable from tranny and wiring up the brake interlock. I think you'd also lose OD, but i never use it anyway.

Let me know if you have any success. We just moved and had a daughter, so I have no time for working on the car, but this swap always interested me.