Customize/restoring interior - Maxima Forums

Go Back  Maxima Forums > Maxima Discussions > Infiniti I30/I35
Reload this Page >

Customize/restoring interior

Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

Old 03-12-2019, 12:34 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Hello there to my fellow I35/maxima friends and experts. I have read many forums of you guys but this is the first time I need to ask this question. A few years back, I purchased an infiniti I35 with 170k. I bought it for only $600. It was a good deal but the car needed many things that I attended to. And now I sit at 249k miles comfortably. My issue that I'm having is that I removed an entire infiniti I35 interior from a 2003 infiniti I35 at a scrap yard. I removed everything from the panels to the chairs. I stripped the car completely from the inside in order to use that interior inside my 2002 infiniti I35. The only problem that I'm having before starting this project is that I realized that my infiniti I35 has the cold weather package with the four heated seats,steering wheel. The reason this presents a problem is because the panels do not have the button for the cold weather package and the chairs that I removed from the 2003 infiniti I35 do not seem to be heated seats. I took this interior because my interior looks terrible and this one is flawless. I am even willing to give up my heated steering wheel for the wood grain steering wheel because it looks so nice. But as for the rest of the Interior I wanted to know if it was a possible for me to transfer over the components from the heated seats onto the 2003 infiniti I35 bucket seats and the back seat also. And if it is possible to remove the old components and sow them onto the new chairs. I also have the center console and the buttons for chair have an empty spot as if you can fit the buttons there. I could really use all of your expertise even if it's a little bit of advice on the matter. And or whether it is a good idea. Please and thank you!!
Old 03-12-2019, 03:24 PM

It would be a lot of work to do if you want to transfer the heat coils over to nonheated seats. I want to do it with my 1997 I30 but I think it would be wise to just get nice condition heated seats. I am unaware of anyone who has done it.
Old 03-15-2019, 01:18 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by aembleton View Post
It would be a lot of work to do if you want to transfer the heat coils over to nonheated seats. I want to do it with my 1997 I30 but I think it would be wise to just get nice condition heated seats. I am unaware of anyone who has done it.
Thanks for the tip, it is pretty complex. I have a friend who was willing to see what he can do and we were actually able to pull something off. My seats looked horrible before but we were able to remove the harnesses and put them onto the non heated seats. It isnít the most amazing job but the chairs work. Iím like half way done Iím exicited and hoping it works out. Iíll have to show you a picture tommorow. My interior was shot!
Old 03-15-2019, 02:19 PM

That's awesome looking forward to it