Maximas for Sale / Wanted Have a Maxima that you want to sell? Looking for a Maxima? Let the world know about it. Be sure to include your location in the description!

1994 SE 5spd for sale. Central NY. $2800 OBO (pics... 56k beware)

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 06:56 PM

1994 SE 5spd for sale. Central NY. $2800 OBO (pics... 56k beware)

I'm selling my 94 SE. 156k miles, 5 speed. Black on cloth. The car is located in Sharon Springs, NY (Zip code 13459) which is about 45 minutes west of Albany, NY. This car has been my baby/ daily driver for the past 3 years and hasn't let me down. It has very little rust (minor surface rust) and is in great shape all around. I bought the car from Rhode Island where it spent most of its life, so it really has only seen 3 upstate NY winters. I'm looking to get $2800 for the car. No Shipping.

Mechanically the car is in great shape. The engine starts right up and pulls strong. With in the last 12,000 miles the alternator, y-pipe (warp speed), the ABS actuator unit (NEW from Nissan), and the vehicle speed sensor were all replaced. The starter was replaced about 20,000 miles ago. The VTCs clack now but that has only started within the last few oil changes. The transmission shifts smoothly but it leaks a small amount of gear oil out of the driver side where the half shaft enters the transmission. The brakes are also soft. They have been like this ever since the ABS actuator started leaking a year ago and haven't gotten any better. I don't know if it just needs to be bled better of if it needs a new master cylinder... I just drive it like it is.

The interior is clean and doesn't show much wear for a 13yo car. The cloth seats are in great condition as is the carpet under the floor mats. No cracks in the dash or any of the hard plastics. It has the bose radio that came in it but it sounds terrible since the amplifiers aren't in the car any more. The speakers are great though. I installed JL audio speakers in the front (stock size) and Alpine 6x9 speakers in the rear. All it needs is a good head unit to drive them. It also is wired for a amp and sub woofer in the trunk. It's 4ga power and ground.

The car comes with 2 sets wheels and tires. The wheels/ tires on it now are snow tires (have 2 seasons on them but the car spent it's most recent winters parked in a college parking lot). I have a set of 15" wheels with all seasons on them for the summer that will go with the car.

The car also comes with a set of black leather seats (2 fronts and the rear bench) They are in good shape but have some issues. The drivers seat has one seam on the seat bottom that has come unstitched but is other wise undamaged. and the back seat has 2 spots on the seat back that have come unstitched due to sun/heat shrinking the leather.

I have a set of BMW e36 lights that will go with the car. They were on the car for the past 2.5 years but I took them off since the relays I used wore out and would cause them to randomly turn off while driving. They are still mounted to maxima head light brackets so they would just need wiring to install.

And finally I have a parts car that can go with the car too if you want it. It's a 92 SE 5spd with 155k miles. It was in a low speed roll over accident so not many body panels are good but the interior, engine, tranny, headlights, taillights, and trunk lid are. It's a mostly complete car (I never needed any parts off it to fix mine.. except for coil packs) I also have a bunch of extra coil packs that came out of junk yard cars... condition unknown.

So thats my car... I tried to describe it as best I can. If you're interested PM me, Email me at Schmitt.ra@gmail.com, or call me 607-435-1564. (This is my cell... but I don't get service at work... so either call and leave a message or call between 4-10pm.

Thanks for reading,
Rob
Old 06-14-2007, 06:59 PM

Pics

Old 06-14-2007, 07:04 PM

Rust Spots:

These are the surface rust spots. The first spot is in front of the rear wheel on the passenger's side next to the edge of the door. The second spot is behind the front wheel on the same side where the fender and door meet.

Interior:

Mileage : (oil changed at 156,250)
Old 06-14-2007, 07:07 PM

Engine bay:

Summer Wheels/ Tires:

Edit: The spoiler is also lifting up at the edges: