Maximas for Sale / Wanted Have a Maxima that you want to sell? Looking for a Maxima? Let the world know about it. Be sure to include your location in the description!

95 Revive FS/TW DETAILED

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 12:32 PM

95 Revive FS/TW DETAILED

Car:
1995 Nissan Maxima GXE
5 Speed

Body:
Fresh Paint*
Honda S2000 Grad Prix White; Single Part Blue Pearl*
97+ Front Conversion (less the headlights I perfer glass over plastic)*
97+ Trunk*
Red/Clear Tail Lights*
Shaved Trunk Key Hole*
Shaved Badges*
Stillen Front Lip

Interior:
SE Black Leather*
SE White Cluster*
Custom Burnt Orange Suede Door Cards and Boots*
VielSide Shift **** or Intergra LS (I use to drive around bc its comfort)*
Leather Arm Rest*
All OEM Floor Mats (6 of 10 condition)*

Wheels, Brakes and Suspension:
DropZone Springs (2.2f and 1.8r)*
Suspension Tech Struts Brand New*
New Upper Strut Mounts*
350Z Anniversary Wheels Stripped to metal and painted IS350 Gunmetal Wheel Color:* 18x8 +30f, 18x8.5 +33r
Tires (need replacement) 225/40R18f / 235/40R18r (makes nice slight stretch)
7mm Wheel Spacers in Rear*
Resurfaced Front Rotors*
New Left Rear Caliper*
New Rear Pads and Rotors*
Stillen Strut Tower Bar*

Engine Drivetrain:
Replaced Rear/Front Valve Cover Gasket, and Tube Seals*
Replaced Spark Plugs*
Upper and Lower Intake Manifold Gaskets*
Throttle Body Gasket*
EGR Tube Gaskets*
Cleaned Intake Manifold*
Cleaned EGR System*
New NGK Spark Plugs*
New Coolant Temp Sensor*
Flushed Brake Fluid, Coolant, Engine Oil, Tranny Fluid, and Power Steering Fluid*
New Air Filter in Stock Air Box *
Have Stillen Pop Charger (not installed needs filter)
2.5” Piping to an Aftermarket Muffler (not sure the brand)
Exedy Clutch and OEM Pressure Plate
Shortened Shifter

Electrical:
8k HIDS
Pioneer Head Unit
Rockford Speakers all around
Amp Wiring Kit Installed
(subs and amp is being removed but for right price will include) Kick 1600.a2 Amp, (2) JL 12”

*things I have done to the car

Story:
I have always wanted one of these cars and had the chance to get one for a trade of a Civic EG shell, so I did. One of my best decisions! The car was “rough” when I saw it but the motor and transmission seemed sound. I am a mechanic, turned builder, turned automotive industry business man. So to not feel like I “sold out” I fill my need of cars by buying and building cars on the side. So I knew what I was getting myself into. For good measure before I traded I took the car to my Uncle who is a 25 year Nissan Master Tech at Endicott Nissan in Pompano FL. He confirmed my beliefs and noted that the motor besides the leak was in good condition and the transmission was excellent and to quote him “is tight” meaning not loss and worn out when going into gears. So I made the trade.

She needed a lot of love. I started with the motor. I replaced a broken coolant temp sensor. I then set out for the oil leak. I replaced the front and rear valve cover gaskets, and tube seals. I toke the time to clean the intake manifold and EGR system. I replaced all vacuum related gaskets such as Upper and Lower Intake Gasket, Throttle Body Gasket, and EGR Tube Seal. This toke care of the oil leak. I then flushed all the fluids. I am really particular about my cars. So I toke the oil pan off cleaned it just for good measure.

She was on cut springs and blown OE Struts, so that was my next task. I got a set of DropZone Springs from my cousin and I ordered a new set of SpringTech Struts. It rode great but I wanted lower so I got a set of full body coilovers, I have removed them to give my cousin for Xmas so I reinstalled the listed suspension setup. This means they have less than 500 miles of use. I replaced the left rear caliper, both rear rotors, and pads. I resurfaced the front rotors. The need for a flush look came and I installed 7mm wheel spacers in the rear. It will rub in rear if you have 2 people in the back and hit a good bump.

At this point the car drove like a dream but needed to look like it. I wanted a nice clear interior that had a classier sporty look. After much debate I took inspiration from BMW and went with burnt orange. I made a twist and used suede. The door cards and boots are all burnt orange suede. I then found a guy parting out a 96 SE so I bought the black leather seats, and the white faced cluster. It really pulled the interior together. I had to replace the center vents and almost all the interior lights and that completed the interior. When your sitting in the car you could never know the age and you feel like your in a much more expensive car. The 350z wheels looked like crap so I toke them off and stripped them to bear metal. I used PPG paint and mixed till it was a close color to my brothers IS350 OEM Gunmetal wheel color. Its about spot on! Glad I did this bc the OE wheel color looked lost on a white body. It had a 97+ bumper and Stillen lip when I got it so I finished it off with a 97+ grill and replaced the faded orange bumper lights with a cleaner set. The cornors had been retaining water so I replaced those as well. I left the glass headlight bc while I do like the clearer lens of the 97+ headlights I hate plactic fading and glass is simply better quality. I got a 97+ trunk lid and red and clear tail lights. I then tossed the idea of paint color and decided I wanted a bright white and pearl without the yellow tint crap that comes on it from the factory. So I painted it Honda S2000 Grand Prix White and came back with a small part blue (only) pearl all this was done with PPG paint. IMO it looks amazing!

At this point I am tired of writing. There is much more details as to what I did to this car to get it here but I don’t have the energy. So I’ll sum it up. The car was done by a very picky person and is unlike any other Maxima. It is extremely clean for a 4th gen Maxima, it performs like a dream, has an interior that makes you feel like your sitting in a newer car, and will make you feel like your driving a higher end luxury sport sedan.

It needs 2 front tires and alignment. I peeled the tint off of all windows except the rear bc I didn’t want to risk messing up the working rear defroster so I was waiting to have the car tinted at a tint shop that said they can do it without any damage. Which means the rear glass has HORRIBLE tint on it!

I finally have everything to finish one of my other cars! So I am considering selling the Maxima to get space, and get additional funds. So the asking price is 5000 and of course is obo.

Message, PM, or email me @ vjkoobir@gmail.com I will post my number after the Holiday since I am going to be busy traveling for the next 2 weeks.

The link below is a post with more pics and leads to other build thread for the car. Thanks for looking!
http://forums.maxima.org/members-rid...-run-away.html

Last edited by Stretch21; 12-17-2009 at 12:45 PM.
Old 12-17-2009, 12:39 PM

Old 12-17-2009, 12:41 PM

Old 12-18-2009, 10:12 PM

nice! Diggin them wheelz