Maximas for Sale / Wanted Have a Maxima that you want to sell? Looking for a Maxima? Let the world know about it. Be sure to include your location in the description!

NY FS 1988 max se 5sp

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2018, 11:37 AM

FS 1988 max se 5sp

This is a 1988 Nissan maxima se with 99,100 miles on it. It is all original and has all the oem parts that came on the SE model. The 5 speed transmission, sunroof, fog lights, front lip, rear spoiler and the sports seats. I'm the third owner. The original owner owned it from new to until 93,500 miles, and was bought by a guy that put only 600 miles on it, in one year. I bought the max with 94,100 and added a lot of parts and fixed it up. No accidents, or flood damage. One dent over the driver door handle and two dents on the roof. Some scratches, No leaks from the windows, sunroof or trunk. No fluid leaks at all, clean title in hand.

Back story. The original owner wrote down every time he went to the dealer. I have all the written down services from all the way back from August 1988. He seemed to only put about 2,500 to 3,500 miles a year on the car, and that's when he changed the oil. All the checkups were always done and written down with the miles and dates. The car came from PA but there is no rust at all on this car and it does not look like he drove it in the winter so it never saw salt. He passed away and the car sat in a garage for 11 years until his daughter towed it to a Nissan dealer that went through the car and replaced a lot of parts, and got it back on the road again and used it has a backup car. She sold it to the second owner that only did an oil change and added a new battery to the car and it sat in his driveway for a year not really being used because he traveled for work.

The only thing the car needs is transmission mounts, I have the one side. When I ordered the kit they sent me the wrong transmission mount for the front so I just did the motor mounts and never got around to changing the transmission mounts. I have the one mount and I will give it to the person that buys the car. Everything in the car works. The only thing that dose not work is the tape deck. The heads work, it plays, ff, flips the tape but no sound comes from, the tape. The radio and equalizer works great.

I have way too much money into the max. The plan was to keep the car for a long time but my wife hates it because it dose not have air bags and a friend gave me a deal on another car that makes the wife happy so this max has to go now. I hope she finds a good home that the person will like it as much as I do and take good care of her.

I have the service manual, and all the books the car came with, records, and the brochure book from 1988, that comes with the car. Plus a 5th rim for the car. This is a rare car and you can't find them like this anymore.

What Nissan changed back in 2013/80k
full tune up
plugs
distributor
air filter
new fuel lines, fuel pressure regulator
and injectors
drained gas tank
timing belt
ac belt
oil change
coolant
brake fluid
clutch fluid
the whole ac system was changed, lines, compressor, condenser and so on. And it's ice cold.
4 new tires
all front and rear rotors, pads and calibers where changed

That's what I was told was changed by the last owner that he said the daughter told him what she had done to the car. I do not have the paper work on that though, but all those parts look new.

What I did
plugs and wires
fuel filter
air filter
belts all
idler pulley
02 sensor
idle control valve
battery
alternator
transmissions fluid
both engine mounts
rear antenna motor and rod
prime and paint under the car so it would not rust in the future. Used eastwood primter and paint.
LED headlight bulbs
PIAA fog light bulbs

I have all the paper work on he parts I bought.

Inspection is good until December this 2018. The car is registered so it can be driven, looking for $3,499 or best offer. If anybody has questions let me know.

I have a lot more pictures if somebody wants them,

Thanks
Old 07-11-2018, 12:00 PM

That looks like one hell of a specimen.

If you wouldn't mind can you post photos of the body bents, under-body, and I'd request that you pull up the floor mats and photograph the carpet.

Last edited by Turbobink; 07-11-2018 at 12:03 PM.
Old 07-11-2018, 12:46 PM
aka UNCDooD

Wow! She's clean! GLWS
Old 07-11-2018, 12:47 PM

Thanks, she is. Here is what I have on my phone. both dents, the one on the roof and the one on the drivers door. Under the car, I painted from the fire wall back because I did not want it to rust, because it was so clean under the car. I never took pictures before I painted it but I can take pictures of the front wheel wells and front to see how clean it is because I never painted those areas. I will lift the maps and take some pictures also.

Last edited by MIKEC88SE; 07-11-2018 at 05:22 PM.
Old 07-13-2018, 07:04 AM

Here is under the driver floor map, I will do the others today.

Last edited by MIKEC88SE; 07-13-2018 at 06:57 PM.
Old 07-27-2018, 12:35 AM

i have seen a couple of these years ago and that maxy is clean. would love to go cruising in that on weekends for fun. glws
Old 07-31-2018, 06:03 AM

thanks

I'm open to offers!
Old 09-27-2018, 05:12 AM

still for sale 3k
Old 10-24-2018, 04:38 AM

sold!!!!!!