Members Rides Post Pictures of your car here. No Maxima? No problem.

TransAmBandit's 1984 Toyota Celica Supra.

Old 09-26-2011, 09:23 PM

TransAmBandit's 1984 Toyota Celica Supra.

If some of the grammar is off, its because most of it is copied and pasted.

Back two years ago, I sold my 88 IROC-Z and started to search for a 85-88 Cressida. I some how ended up on celicasupra.com and I ran across an ad for an one owner 1984 Celica Supra in the Bronx. Registered with the forum, and contacted the guy immediately. That following Saturday I went out to see it and I fell in love with it. Original owner since 84. He included the Original Window Sticker, Copy of the Certificate of Orgin from Japan, the original sales reciept, and 4 Extra Celica Supra wheels with new Snow tires. I felt that I got a deal on the car. There was one turn off about it, Automatic. =/

Old 09-26-2011, 09:25 PM

I spent the rest of 09 doing some maintainance and daily driving her. Then spent 2010 collecting parts for the transformation.

In late Jan 2011 where the two feet of snow melted, I drove the car into the garage.

I ripped the automatic out of the car for the 5 Speed conversion. I had stripped a 84 Celica GT last year for the 5 speed parts. Mostly everything from the Celica was used on this car with the exception of the bellhousing, and I had to get smart on making the Celica clutch fork work correctly.

The transmission removal was simple and almost effortless. I was glad to get that piece of **** out. The transmission was rebuilt at some point, but still shifted like **** and went through two rear seals which was annoying since it would leak fluid all over the exhaust and smell like burnt ATF all the time.

Two nights later.

For reasons unknown, instead of bending a new line for less than $5, I decided to ball the **** out and get a once piece braided line made.

An in progess shot.

Completed with the temp shift boot from the Celica I stripped.

Now with the car running, and moving under its own power, it was still cold outside. So I started doing smaller jobs. I swapped all the original belts, did a complete tune up consisting of NGK platinum plugs, NGK wires, new Fuel filter(***** to change), OEM cap and rotor, and installed a custom made intake that was once on dannymk2's car. She ran much better, and performed way better.

I then updated the lighting in the front. I had always had HIDS in the fogs since last year, but I still rocked sealed Halogens on the headlights which was a total fail. So I pulled the trigger on some Hella E-Code Housings which I bought through a Jeep supplier online. Cost around $110 if I remember correctly. I had my buddy order a HID kit for me for around $40 with slim ballasts.
Looks bluer in photos.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:27 PM

With that all done, a nice day rolled around. My buddy and I decided it was time to get ILL.

The height difference.

Now, Im running Celica GT tubes converted to coilovers. And the RCAs I have were meant for a Supra. Thus meaning they couldnt simply go together. We had to modify.

All that had to be taken off for them to fit snug.

Installed.

Following day was picture day.

Swapped the windshield cowl and painted my wiper arms.

Now my car came from the Bronx and was broken into a couple times in the 80's according to the original owner whom I bought the car from. So that means the car had one of those dreadful trunk locks.
As can be seen here.

The original hatch was also full of rust and honestly, looked like complete ****.
Off it came for a temporary one. This one has rust, but it doesnt show through. I have a more minter hatch in the garage that will be put on when the car gets painted in the future.

Underside of stock hatch.

Much better. Kicking myself in the *** for never painting the wiper on the replacement.

Vestatec 3 Piece Test Fit
Old 09-26-2011, 09:28 PM

After all of that, she was plated back again.

And here is she with Korbel Side Louvers from 1988.

For now plans for the future are to: Install my Raptor Racing Braided Brake Lines, Order a Rear Whiteline Sway bar so I can finally install my front Whiteline. lol I will be ordering T3 Steering Arms soon, Get my hands on some strut bars, I can feel and hear the car creak at times with the stiff *** suspension.

And in the further future, fix all rust, get the car painted. And somewhere before all of that, get a 1JZGTE in her.

Put my NOS NIB Chastain Shadow Louver on earlier. Im debating if I should keep the Sunshade on or leave it off.

Pictures courtesy of Stan Wan!

Picked up a Kaminari kit for no reason at all other than to hoard it.

Hope you guys like it. =D
Old 09-26-2011, 09:55 PM

That damn thing is sexy.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:37 AM
Got Retrofit?

I love everything but the rear because of the louvers. It's just too much going on in my eyes. Keep up the good work though! She's a beauty and I admire your hard work.
Old 09-27-2011, 05:11 AM
Turbo 3.5

I like this setup best clean, simple all it needs is tint. The othe stuff is just too busy and makes it look like your just throwing stuff on cause you have it.

nice thou, I'd drive it in a heart beat
Old 09-27-2011, 05:15 AM
And... I'm out

Nice looking Celica but I agree with those above... Louvers are cool and all, but way too much going on there... I'd knock it down to either the roof spoiler or the rear window louvers...

I know it's cool and all to be able to get those louvers for a car so old but I think you're trying too hard when the car already looks pretty nice without them.

Or if you could possible get a smaller ones... I know it's a different car but to me this is just right:

Last edited by Merlyn; 09-27-2011 at 05:18 AM.
Old 09-27-2011, 06:23 AM

One more here saying I like everything but the rear louvers. Just too much going on. That's a nice classic. Keep up the good work.
Old 09-27-2011, 06:44 AM
Straitup D

the car is super rad bro, i like the wheels and the ride height, the loovers need to go though if u ask me.

what rear window (roof) spoiler is that?

Old 09-27-2011, 07:33 AM

oh gawd i fell in love

w/ datass too lol
Old 09-27-2011, 07:47 AM
Pay to Play

Classic Supra. Keep it simple tho, if you add too much it kinda makes you go "ehhh"
Old 09-27-2011, 09:52 AM

nice car i love it!
Old 09-27-2011, 10:12 AM

Thanks guys! Don't worry, I know the louvers with the roof spoiler is a bit too much. The reason why I left it on is because I didn't want to cover the holes up with plugs. It would just look way too half assed. To be honest, The louvers are on to be period correct, and they do serve a purpose. The car is a lot cooler in the summer with them on. Not to mention, I love louvers. haha

The picture with the 3 piece lower wing, that will be my final setup when the car gets painted and my mint hatch goes on the car.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:07 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Cool car....same thoughts as above about the plantation blinds on the car lol....without them, the car's shape and body lines remind me of the old Deloreans. Like the wheels too..I've always loved the simple 5 spokes like those, similar to the old Ferrari (308,etc) wheels...

Jeremy
Old 09-27-2011, 09:12 PM

This car means BUSINESS.

Waiting for chrome to come in and jizz everywhere
Old 09-27-2011, 09:42 PM

i just found a new love....
Old 09-27-2011, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by niceguy
Cool car....same thoughts as above about the plantation blinds on the car lol....without them, the car's shape and body lines remind me of the old Deloreans. Like the wheels too..I've always loved the simple 5 spokes like those, similar to the old Ferrari (308,etc) wheels...

Jeremy

You have no idea how many DeLorean/BTTF jokes I get from my friends with this car. Haha

Thank you for the kind words guys!
Old 09-28-2011, 07:17 PM

I really dig it. Old school is looking cool My only thing is the roof spoiler which you and many others have already addressed as being a bit much but everything else is sweet IMO I love the louvers on yours and I am not even a fan of those on some old muscle cars
Old 09-28-2011, 07:50 PM

give me your rims lol
Old 09-29-2011, 04:03 AM

sitting on the hood with friends ftl, all that work and your using it as a car seat...
Old 09-29-2011, 10:49 AM

That's pretty damn clean. A bit much going on in the back with the louvers and spoilers, I wonder how the louvers look without either of the spoilers. Great job though overall.