Maxus Archives Discussions From Past Maxus Meets

Maxus 2005!?!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2004, 03:44 PM
Old Timer

Maxus 2005!?!?!?!

That's right. After several years without MAXUS, I've gotten with several individuals, and I'm taking it upon myself along with the help of several organizations to plan MAXUS 2005!

What has gone wrong in the past and why we will suceed. ::::: Usually what makes these things fail is that there is often a poll that goes out asking what day people would like to have the meet. THis often goes on for a long period of time, and by the time it is decided on, it is too late for many people to save up vacation time, and get the days off.

Here's what we're doing. June 10th, 11th, and 12th, 2005 in the Dallas Fort Worth area. This will be hosted by Dallas Nissan Enthusiasts, and Houston Nissan Enthusiasts. Some of you may already know, and some of you may not even care. I am the president of HNE, and we have over 100 members. I have been in contact already with Darrick Phillips, Darrick here on the org, who is the president of Dallas Nissan Enthusiasts who have close to 150 members, and he is currently scouting possible dealerships in the DFW area that might be able to support a 100-300 car showing.

Yes, I know the dates above are 3 days, but it is not necessary to be there all three days. I had in mind a dinner gathering on Friday night for those of you who wish to drive in and stay for the entire weekend. Saturday would be the actual show, and I will see if I can find out about reserving some track time at the Texas Motorplex in Ennis for some structured 1/4 mile runs on a Pro strip.

This date and location gives everyone plenty of time to save up vacation time if you don't already have it as well as beating your co-workers to the time sheet to get that weekend off. You have a whole year here people, so I would love to see a good turnout. I will be attempting to get with a hotel chain in the area see if we can get a block of rooms at a discounted rate as well. First I will need to find out which dealership Darrick thinks will be the best.

Please post any feedback or suggestions in this thread, and if the mods want to make it a sticky, then so be it.

David Warner
President (HNE) Houston Nissan Enthusiasts
Old 06-20-2004, 04:13 PM
I need a truck

It could happen since it's 355 days in advance. Right near my schedule is clear. I'll try and keep it clear.

NYC caravan anyone? I'll get the thread going
Old 06-20-2004, 04:15 PM
Old Timer

That's the whole idea. Plenty of notice. I understand its a LONG drive for alot of East and West coast people, but lets be honest. Can't get much more central in the US.
Old 06-20-2004, 04:50 PM
OG and counting...

That would be interesting. Let's see what the Chicago contingent would have to say.
Old 06-20-2004, 05:09 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

If I am still alive, Ill be down for that meet. I will be sure to drag some more folks with me. From Atl to New Orleans to Ft. Worth Texas. I wonder how far that is?
Old 06-20-2004, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by JAY25
If I am still alive, Ill be down for that meet. I will be sure to drag some more folks with me. From Atl to New Orleans to Ft. Worth Texas. I wonder how far that is?

don't be so optimistic . That'll be one long *** drive from PA but it'll probably be worth it!
Old 06-20-2004, 06:05 PM
Shiver me timbers.

Somebody form the east coast pick my a$$ up. Ohio is on the way.

Old 06-20-2004, 06:42 PM
VQ Wizard

Originally Posted by maxfanfromohio

Not from where I sit.
Old 06-20-2004, 06:56 PM

i'll be in summer school at that time, but im gonna try to make it at least one of those days

this is soo exciting...i haven't been at the local hne meets cus of being so busy lately, but i'll be graduating that summer so i might have time
Old 06-20-2004, 08:58 PM

IM IN...i'll have a new baby by then.
Old 06-20-2004, 09:24 PM

Sounds good to me. Mods should make this a sticky. Would be pretty nice to have like a drive from each area, sorta like super street does for Nopi nationals. And then make a site for it for each contingent to post their pics.
Old 06-20-2004, 09:58 PM
Ford Only.

oh sure, it is in Texas. that is easy... we are going to make a Maxus, here in SoCal, come on everyone. The next Maxus was supposed to be West Coast, but never happened. I for one will never drive that far.
Old 06-21-2004, 01:12 AM
Old Timer

And it is because of that attitude that the SoCal Maxus never happened. I feel that this is plenty of notice time for people to make arrangements. If you can't make it, I'm sorry, but lets face it. I don't think Maxus would have an even reputation if held on the west coast either. The East coast guys would be left out. This is about as central as you can get realistically.
Old 06-21-2004, 01:39 AM

thanks for taking initiative and just setting a date. I will try to make it out if not by car then by plane. I think texas is a great location. For ONCE within arms reach of the west coast.
Old 06-21-2004, 03:16 AM

I may do this one. It's been a while since I've done a long road trip so this would be nice. I'll see if the FrankenCar camp will want to come.
Old 06-21-2004, 04:49 AM
^ Jeff™

You know I am there David!

DNE representin'.
Old 06-21-2004, 05:06 AM

I know Houston to Florida is about 18 hours straight when pit stops along the way. So about 21 hours to Dallas from Florida. So lower east US can probally get here in 24 hours straight. So one day plus hotel for the night of the morning, which ever. The the max meet. Thats not bad if a lot of people show up, it will be worth it.
Old 06-21-2004, 05:35 AM
^ Jeff™

^^ Simple plan...have 2 drivers. 1 drives first 12 hours, 2nd drives other 12 hours.

hehe
Old 06-21-2004, 06:13 AM
STFU n00b!

I drove from Tulsa, OK to Atlanta a few years back for Maxus 2000. It was roughly 14 hours down because I made the mistake of following Mapquest's directions to go through Brimingham..

It took me about 10.5hrs to get home driving through Nashville, so it's not that bad.
Dallas is just about the same distance as Tulsa, so that will give you a reference of time on it.

Running it through Mapquest, it looks like 12.5hrs and 785ish miles.. almost all of it is on I-20. Shouldn't be too bad there. you can stop in Birmingham, Jackson, or Shreveport if you need to sleep..

As for the rest of you, the reason there hasn't been a Maxus since 2000 is because of all the people that simply say "I'm not coming if it's not in my backyard."
DEAL WITH IT!

At Maxus 2000, there were guys from the west coast, 5 guys in 3 cars from Oklahoma City, myself from Tulsa, one flew in from Kansas City, several flew in from Dallas, even Gr8bone drove down from the NE area (NY I think?) to attend the meet. so don't complain that you have to drive for a once-a-year meet like this. It's been done before with Maxima.org members as well as hundreds of other car clubs out there. If you don't want to go, then don't go. but don't complain about it and spoil it for the people that are willing to drive.
Old 06-21-2004, 06:15 AM

I will be living in arlington so i am definitely in.
Old 06-21-2004, 06:36 AM
An atavistic endeavor...

Sounds interesting but would def be a major trip from Boston. I've wanted to do a road trip, so maybe, but who even knows where I'll be working next year? Definitely interesting though.
Old 06-21-2004, 07:01 AM

ill be in ! ill bring some cefiros for auction or sale for the a32 guys.
Old 06-21-2004, 07:07 AM
be the change u want2C

Hmmm. Dallas huh, I might go,
O and this thread should be Stickied!!!
Old 06-21-2004, 07:56 AM
Ford Only.

Originally Posted by Matt93SE
I drove from Tulsa, OK to Atlanta a few years back for Maxus 2000. It was roughly 14 hours down because I made the mistake of following Mapquest's directions to go through Brimingham..

It took me about 10.5hrs to get home driving through Nashville, so it's not that bad.
Dallas is just about the same distance as Tulsa, so that will give you a reference of time on it.

Running it through Mapquest, it looks like 12.5hrs and 785ish miles.. almost all of it is on I-20. Shouldn't be too bad there. you can stop in Birmingham, Jackson, or Shreveport if you need to sleep..

As for the rest of you, the reason there hasn't been a Maxus since 2000 is because of all the people that simply say "I'm not coming if it's not in my backyard."
DEAL WITH IT!

At Maxus 2000, there were guys from the west coast, 5 guys in 3 cars from Oklahoma City, myself from Tulsa, one flew in from Kansas City, several flew in from Dallas, even Gr8bone drove down from the NE area (NY I think?) to attend the meet. so don't complain that you have to drive for a once-a-year meet like this. It's been done before with Maxima.org members as well as hundreds of other car clubs out there. If you don't want to go, then don't go. but don't complain about it and spoil it for the people that are willing to drive.
Since I was the only one to complain, I feel this is directed at me.

I WONT DRIVE! There I said it.

The rest of you guys have fun and take lots of pics!!! So I can check them out when said and done. I would love to go, but just dont want to run the risk of breaking down in the middle of nowhere and eating a big fat tow or repair bill, you never know what could go wrong.

BTW: Whoever said SoCal wouldnt have a great turnout, is wrong. We have 70+ car meets here. It has happened. How about you Texas fellas?
Old 06-21-2004, 09:36 AM
Still kickin'

i bet a few of us NC guys will be coming...me included
Old 06-21-2004, 09:54 AM
In Maxima We Trust

i drove 2 tucson az about 500 miles from socal for the Maximawest04, so am def down for a maxus 2005!!i aways wanted 2 visit texas now its the perfect opportunity and got a year 2 save up for the trip
Old 06-21-2004, 09:57 AM
wat

Originally Posted by maxfanfromohio

I don't have my passport.
Old 06-21-2004, 10:12 AM
STFU n00b!

Originally Posted by dmontzmax

The rest of you guys have fun and take lots of pics!!! So I can check them out when said and done. I would love to go, but just dont want to run the risk of breaking down in the middle of nowhere and eating a big fat tow or repair bill, you never know what could go wrong.

BTW: Whoever said SoCal wouldnt have a great turnout, is wrong. We have 70+ car meets here. It has happened. How about you Texas fellas?

Don, that was directed at you and everyone else with your attitude. This thread has been brought up many, many times before and many of the events were cancelled due to naysayers whining and moaning that if it isn't within 100 miles, they're not going.

Well, if you want a nationwide meet, SOMEONE has to drive. You can't please everybody.

as anyone can see, there's a huge compliment of members from the west coast and the east coast. There are also a lot of others in the middle (Kansas City, Chicago, St. Louis, Oklahoma City, Tulsa, Dallas, Houston, Austin, Nashville, Atlanta, Denver, Albuquerque, etc).

If you're not willing to drive, fine. But don't spoil it for the ones that are. with 210k miles, my car is reliable enough that I'll hop in it and drive 1500+ miles in a weekend. If I have a problem with the car, I make sure it's roadworthy before I leave, and I bring enough tools to fix 99% of the things that can happen on the road. (a small tool bag, a jack, and box of misc fluids will do everything aside from an engine swap.)

There are a million reasons to say you won't or can't go, but they're all simply excuses. If you don't want to go, then don't go. If you want to go, then you'll find a way to be there. I know I'm going, come Hell or High Water (and in Houston, both are a common occurence yet I still make the meets)
Old 06-21-2004, 10:27 AM
Ford Only.

Don, that was directed at you and everyone else with your attitude. This thread has been brought up many, many times before and many of the events were cancelled due to naysayers whining and moaning that if it isn't within 100 miles, they're not going.

Well, if you want a nationwide meet, SOMEONE has to drive. You can't please everybody.

as anyone can see, there's a huge compliment of members from the west coast and the east coast. There are also a lot of others in the middle (Kansas City, Chicago, St. Louis, Oklahoma City, Tulsa, Dallas, Houston, Austin, Nashville, Atlanta, Denver, Albuquerque, etc).

If you're not willing to drive, fine. But don't spoil it for the ones that are. with 210k miles, my car is reliable enough that I'll hop in it and drive 1500+ miles in a weekend. If I have a problem with the car, I make sure it's roadworthy before I leave, and I bring enough tools to fix 99% of the things that can happen on the road. (a small tool bag, a jack, and box of misc fluids will do everything aside from an engine swap.)

There are a million reasons to say you won't or can't go, but they're all simply excuses. If you don't want to go, then don't go. If you want to go, then you'll find a way to be there. I know I'm going, come Hell or High Water (and in Houston, both are a common occurence yet I still make the meets)
I agree, if you want a nationwide event there are going to be some that have to drive and some that REALLY have to drive. Personally national meets are a little hardcore for me. I dont have the same motivation as I did when I was younger. It is not fun hauling a son and significant other on a road trip that long. I would rather stay here in sunny SoCal and enjoy our lakes, rivers and ocean. I have never traveled outside of Cali, Arizona or Nevada and dont think I will. I am not going to make excuses, cause I simply am not going. I would like to meet all the 4DSC brothers someday, but that will most likely never happen, cause of the distances. I bet alot of the East Coast guys will not show either. There should be 3 Maxus in one. East, Middle and West that way all can go to the one closest to them, that would be the way to make more people interested in the Maxima community and raise Maxima awareness.

Im out.
Old 06-21-2004, 11:17 AM

Not to knock you on this but look at how many miles you can put on a car just by driving locally. City driving is tougher on the car than a constant cruise on the highway and when is said and done' it's still miles. Check the car over before your road trips and if all looks good, you'll be fine.

I drove an 86 Toyota Pickup from Boston to OKC with a stop in Tulsa(I've even taken the Max out there). It's wasn't in the greatest shape body wise but it made it there and back with no problems. You have nothing to be afraid of if you maintain your car.
Old 06-21-2004, 11:20 AM
STFU n00b!

Okay, the truth comes out.. You're afraid to leave the west coast. :LOL:
Old 06-21-2004, 11:22 AM
ABK

$hit since I will have a job by then I will prolly come, it will be a long drive but as long as chicago suburbs people decide to go I will go. It will be too boring to drive my yourself
Old 06-21-2004, 11:59 AM
STFU n00b!

It's a long drive, but the only really boring parts will be through Illinois.. It's been several years since I've been through there, but IIRC it's a bunch of farmland.
The Arkansas area is a beautiful drive- lots of rolling hills and green land. still farmland and country, but at least it's not flat like Kansas.
Once you get into TX, it gets kinda boring again but you're not far from Dallas once you hit the state line.
It's only 1000 miles!
Old 06-21-2004, 12:08 PM
Ford Only.

Originally Posted by deezo
Not to knock you on this but look at how many miles you can put on a car just by driving locally. City driving is tougher on the car than a constant cruise on the highway and when is said and done' it's still miles. Check the car over before your road trips and if all looks good, you'll be fine.

I drove an 86 Toyota Pickup from Boston to OKC with a stop in Tulsa(I've even taken the Max out there). It's wasn't in the greatest shape body wise but it made it there and back with no problems. You have nothing to be afraid of if you maintain your car.
You speak the truth. My 92 has 290+k and my 97 has 180+k living 50 miles (1 hour) from work racks them up quick.
Old 06-21-2004, 12:09 PM
Ford Only.

Okay, the truth comes out.. You're afraid to leave the west coast. :LOL:
You've got that right! I am also afraid to get on a plane. I guess I am just afraid of what goes on in the backwoods of those southern states. If I breakdown and Jethro and the gang decide to lynch me and my family. I am not so afraid for me, since I am white, but my GF is mexican and my son is half, so that is danger.
Old 06-21-2004, 12:09 PM
2 VE's are better than one!

Hopefully it's in Dallas so that I dont have to drive all the way to Ft Worth. Contrary to popular belief they're not THAT close
Old 06-21-2004, 12:11 PM

Donal is just afraid of VG pOwAh, thats why he's not coming
Old 06-21-2004, 12:19 PM

You've got that right! I am also afraid to get on a plane. I guess I am just afraid of what goes on in the backwoods of those southern states. If I breakdown and Jethro and the gang decide to lynch me and my family. I am not so afraid for me, since I am white, but my GF is mexican and my son is half, so that is danger.
If you wanna get technical, Jethro is part of the Beverly Hillbillies who just so happen to reside in California. Seems like you would be safer in the deep south
Old 06-21-2004, 12:22 PM
Ford Only.

Originally Posted by KLoWnPR109
If you wanna get technical, Jethro is part of the Beverly Hillbillies who just so happen to reside in California. Seems like you would be safer in the deep south
You are correct!

Well then, I guess Clayton Bixby and all his boys?
Old 06-21-2004, 12:24 PM
Ford Only.

Originally Posted by KLoWnPR109
Donal is just afraid of VG pOwAh, thats why he's not coming

yes, I am very very afraid...shakin in me boots.

Quick Reply: Maxus 2005!?!?!?!