Maxus Archives Discussions From Past Maxus Meets

Maxus 2005 Overview..

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2005, 09:02 PM
STFU n00b!

Maxus 2005 Overview..

Man, what a weekend!

the Max rolled 222,222 miles on the way to the event Thurs afternoon..
Blew the engine at the track event fri afternoon

Got a farmer tan from hell Sat afternoon and talked to about 500 people from all over the country and I have no clue who 95% of you are now!

I'm guessing there were around 70 cars at the meet when all was said and done. I last counted about 50 on the lot at 1pm, but as I was making rounds judging cars I noticed that several others (Max88q, James, and some of the other Austin/Dallas guys) had rolled up and parked in the back. Guessing around another 20 there that I didn't count earlier in the day.

Overall the meet went fairly smoothly. There were some minor glitches, but overall it went well. Next year we'll be sure to have a real PA system going. It was understood the radio station that was there was going to have a PA available for us to use at the event, but that didn't materialize for some reason. Maybe miscommunication, maybe it was some of the stuff they couldn't get on the lot.

The car show went well, and we had enough competition to make the judging extremely stressful! in the Show category, there were only 6 points separating 1,2, and 3, and 2nd and 3rd were only ONE POINT apart! Talk about some close runnings!
1st Place went to Tom Schatz (Bluesbrekr) with 173 pts
2nd Place went to Sam Bosso (Chitwista?) with 168 pts
3rd Place went to Dwayne Belton (Mr. Maxx) with 167 points

The Daily Driver Category went almost as closely!
Ralph Valdez won first with 137 points.
Lance Maxwell (SOONR1) brought up second with 126 points
and Harold Brayden got 3rd place with 124 points!

Performance Category (don't have points listed on the sheet I have)
1st went to the legendary Thomas Chen (SX7R)
2nd went to Matt Ussery
3rd went to Brad Strasser (Brad92SE)

GM's choice award went to Sam Bosso
People's choice went to Dwayne Belton (Mr. Maxx)

Now for the stuff I forgot to say at the meet because I was handed a megaphone and was COMPLETELY unprepared for it!

On behalf of Maxima.org, I would like to extend a HUGE THANK YOU to Trophy Nissan, as they're the ones that made the meet happen. They put forth a huge amount of effort and expense for this event, and everyone that was there owes them their thanks- at minimum for the hot dogs and drinks they supplied for free!

Thanks also to Jack Turner and TWS for letting us run the event with only a small handfull of cars. He lost his shirt on the weekend, but still smiled and said thanks for coming.

I'd also like to thank Brice at Alamo Autosports for letting us play around his shop on the dyno until 11pm Sat night. You and your guys busted your butts up there in the heat and it didn't go unnoticed.

Jeff Wharton (Mr. Eous) and all the DNE guys that helped out should also get a round of applause for pulling this stuff off. Jeff lined us up with Trophy, Speedzone, and made the deal with the hotel for us. Without his help, NONE of the event would have happened.

Also thanks to Matt Luquire (Luquire) for chauferring me around last month while working out all the details in Dallas. You were also a huge help in keeping me sane this weekend when I was being yelled at by 40 people at once.

Thanks also to everyone that came out to the event. I appreciate your patience with some of the messed up arrangements and lack of details and when you were given wrong directions to the dyno event. (remind me not to let Jeff Wharton pick the hotel next year!)

I personally owe several guys a HUGE debt of gratitude as well. My personal thanks go to Tom and Tim Schatz (Bluesbrekr and son), Brad Strasser (Brad92SE) and Adam (please let that be right!), Jayson (Blackandwhite), Joe Antas (98SEBlackMax), and David Warner (d_warner) for helping me drag all of my belongings in from College Station and back to Houston after I blew my engine at the track. You guys ALL saved the weekend for me and I owe you many thanks!

I think that's about it for all the people I need to kiss up to!
Again, thanks to all who came to the event and participated!
Old 06-12-2005, 09:10 PM
OG :)

Thanks Matt for pulling it off!
Old 06-12-2005, 09:14 PM
OU > *

Matt, I can't say it enough -- GREAT JOB! The entire weekend was a blast and I thought everything went very smoothly. Also, thanks to the guys at Trophy for helping put on one great show.
Old 06-13-2005, 12:51 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I was more than happy to help. I had a blast, I would drive out to it again! Thanks for putting in your time to help organize it.

By the way Matt, I'm gonna post that video of you being towed in, hope you dont mind.
Old 06-13-2005, 02:12 AM
Doin' it 4 da shorteez

Hell, after all you and the others went through to get to Dallas and I was the lone one from San Anton to show, thanks for showing, looking forward to the next Maxus!
Old 06-13-2005, 06:48 AM
Blu
the tits

Im still tired especially after my flight out of Atlanta was delayed 2.5 hours.
Old 06-13-2005, 06:49 AM
SomePsychoGuy

Thanks Matt and everyone who made this possible. I know I really enjoyed myself. Our little Baton Rouge group had some problems, but overall it was a blast. Matt I hope you can get your car fixed and I hope we can have another one next year.
Old 06-13-2005, 07:18 AM
Boosted Panda

I agree, it was a great event. Thanks for all the footwork Matt.
All of you guys that showed up from out of state, THANKS!
You guys really made it great. It was good to see the cars I had only seen in pics before.
Old 06-13-2005, 07:31 AM
Kevlo for President

Thanks to all the guys that made it possible
Old 06-13-2005, 07:32 AM

I'm still in the OKC area and I almost got to see a tornado first hand. Oh yeah, one I got back and checked my pulley (took it apart), everything looked fine and there's no play in the bearings (thank goodness).

It was good to meet and hang out with you guys.
Old 06-13-2005, 08:08 AM

I would like to thank everyone involved as well for a great Maxima show!!

One request though. I am sure I saw all the winners at the show but just aren't sure who they are. Could someone post the winners names along with the picture of their car?

Thanks again!!
Old 06-13-2005, 08:45 AM
STFU n00b!

First in Show: Tom Schatz- Bluesbrekr. http://members.***.net/iblikewhazzzz...xus2005/11.JPG
http://mreous.home.comcast.net/18.JPG

2nd in Show: Sam Bosso (Chitwista)?
http://mreous.home.comcast.net/15.JPG
http://forums.maxima.org/showpost.ph...1&postcount=40
(all but the last one in this post)

3rd place Show: Dwayne Belton. Don't think he posts on the .org much. Local Dallas guy.
http://students.ou.edu/T/Van.N.Truon...iefcase/50.JPG
http://img288.echo.cx/img288/7007/maxuslot293nn.jpg
http://img288.echo.cx/img288/8616/maxuslot289vs.jpg

3rd in Performance: Brad92SE http://members.***.net/iblikewhazzzz...xus2005/33.JPG

2nd in Daily Driver: Lance Maxwell (SOONR1), person and car: http://members.***.net/iblikewhazzzz...xus2005/37.JPG

Those are the ones I personally remember. I only judged the show category and I'm horrible with names, so unfortunately I don't remember all of the other ones.
Old 06-13-2005, 09:21 AM

I loved every minute of it. Thanks Matt for pulling this thing off. Had lots of fun and met a lot of great new people. I hope to hang with you guys more now. Ive taken my car to Dallas so a meet in Austin or Houston is definately doable. Can't wait for next year!
Old 06-13-2005, 09:40 AM

Good Job Matt on the planning. It was great being part of this and it was a good time with me and Dave Werner judging the Performance category. Thomas' car was a site, so were all the others. Good times.....
Old 06-13-2005, 09:52 AM
wat

Originally Posted by Cutler
Good Job Matt on the planning. It was great being part of this and it was a good time with me and Dave Werner judging the Performance category. Thomas' car was a site, so were all the others. Good times.....

Did you leave your dictionary in Texas? Jesus.....
Old 06-13-2005, 10:10 AM
VQ Wizard

We need contact info for the person(s) at Trophy who're responisble for making this happen. I encourage everyone to send them 'thank you' emails.

And I personally want to thank:

Matt Blehm; for setting this thing up and putting fourth the exrodinary effort to make it work.

Dave Warner; getting it started in the first place and telling us we all need to be school teachers when we get pulled over.

Jeff Wharton; finding us a place to sleep (Garland Belagio)

Brian Catts; Setting up a booth and showing off Maxima warez.

Trophy Nissan; Bankrolling this thing and at the last minute.

Alamo Autosports; Having us for a dyno day. Even though you guys probably hate me by now.

Speed Zone; Just being there. Best $25 anyone spent.
Old 06-13-2005, 10:13 AM
STFU n00b!

My contact at Trophy is James Alligood. He's the Asst Parts manager there.
JAlligood@vtaig.com
Old 06-13-2005, 10:55 AM

I was surprised not to see any 6th gen Max's at Maxus except for the new one from Trophy Nissan. I got there late so maybe I missed it but was there any 6th gens represented there?
Old 06-13-2005, 11:44 AM
OU > *

I was thinking the same thing -- I was out there ALL day and didn't see a single one.
Old 06-13-2005, 01:13 PM
VQ Wizard

Oh and for those of you who didn't go, and those who think this was just a boring car show with a few go kart rides, I want you all to know that you really missed out. Yeah I've been to several meets that had more cars and more people but none ever came close to being this much fun.
Old 06-13-2005, 02:37 PM
Doctorate in Detailing

A big thanks to Matt and David. You guys did a great job.

Tim and I really enjoyed everything, especially the track day. I wish the turnout would have been better....it's the most fun I've had with the Max. Gotta give Jack Turner a lot of credit. He and his crew really did a great job in teaching us how to race. So good that my son's best lap time was 3 seconds better than my best!

I also enjoyed meeting everyone. It's good to put some faces with the names. We gotta get name tags or somethin'. I can remember a lot of faces, but can't always put the face and name together. (well, that's probably just cause I'm old)

Anyway.....Sign me up for next year.....
Old 06-13-2005, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by SR20DEN
Oh and for those of you who didn't go, and those who think this was just a boring car show with a few go kart rides, I want you all to know that you really missed out. Yeah I've been to several meets that had more cars and more people but none ever came close to being this much fun.
it sounds like you guys had a blast! i didn't go, but matt is definately an awesome dude. im getting my max ready for next year...and you guys will definately see me there.
Old 06-13-2005, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by look2me40
Did you leave your dictionary in Texas? Jesus.....
You didn't show up.... so shut it and yes I didn't pay attention to grammar and sentence structure. Get over it...
Old 06-13-2005, 05:32 PM

Thanks a lot, Matt. It was a good turn out. I got to meet a few people, so that was definitely cool. I met Brad up at Alamo and saw his dynos...very cool, definitely one sick 3rd gen. I'm still bummed I couldn't make it out to TWS...looked like a lot of fun.
Old 06-13-2005, 06:40 PM
VQ Wizard

Does anyone have video of my car on the dyno?
Old 06-13-2005, 07:48 PM
Maxima.org Insomniac

Thanks alot Matt for putting this all together for us.

Also many thanks to all the vendors and Trophy Nissan for doing there part.

Also special thanks to Jack at TWS, even though he lost a bit of cash he let us race. IMO to me that was worth the trip down there, just for that high speed track. Well 'cept for Matt's engine, oh and FYI mine maybe another casuality of the track day. Tomorrow gonna check compression and what not. (long story, dont want to ***** up this thread)
Old 06-14-2005, 03:05 PM
Maxima.org Insomniac

I wish they got that fireball out of the exhaust on video.
Old 06-14-2005, 03:16 PM
VQ Wizard

Originally Posted by 98SEBlackMax
I wish they got that fireball out of the exhaust on video.

I told everyone to watch for it.
Old 06-14-2005, 03:32 PM
VK56 Inside

Dang! I knew I should have stayed to watch your car dyno. In all seriousness though I downed 3 red bulls and a frapichino (sp?) from Dallas to Austin and still passed out as soon as I hit the bed (2am).
Old 06-14-2005, 09:23 PM

Yep yep, I got a few of your runs. I didnt catch the fireball though, that would have been cool to see. I'll try to get yours, along with a few others up this weekend.
Old 06-15-2005, 02:10 AM

Hey Mathew,your car was the meanest allmotor Max I have heard,and it hurt my ear to hear it,LOL!

Thank Trophy,Cattman,Matt,David Warner,all the Dallas guy and to everyone who put the effort to help make this one come through.Hopefully we will get one next year,I meet a lots of COOL people.
Old 06-15-2005, 04:09 AM

I too got SR20DEN on video but missed the fire ball on the video but saw it from my right corner of my eye. I think after that everyone in the back moved to the sides. You could feel the heat and force of the exhaust from where Deezo and I were standing on his last run. And we werent right outside the door either. Pretty intense.
Old 06-16-2005, 08:36 AM

Yeah that was cool stuff. I would have liked to been back there when my car was on the dyno. Instead, I got the exhaust off of my serpentine belt. I'm going to fix that issue once and for all. It's like the belt can't handle rpms over 5200. Plus, I'm going to put my alternator bracket on to make sure it doesn't move and get a Goodyear belt unless I fine one that has more grip.
Old 06-16-2005, 08:39 AM

I think it was because everyone was really open to meeting everyone. It was a good meet.
Old 06-16-2005, 09:39 AM

I think so too. With everyone being open it helped alot. That's what made this enjoyable. If there was ever any beef on the internet it never came to Maxus.
Old 06-16-2005, 09:40 AM
Kevlo for President

I would love to see a fight at Maxus, ethug vs real thug
Old 06-16-2005, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Kevlo911
I would love to see a fight at Maxus, ethug vs real thug

Unfortunately, that would be funny! Hmmm Russ against everyone in line waiting to get piece of him, lol.
Old 06-16-2005, 09:51 AM

I can't believe Russ (BrianV's stories over dinner).
Old 06-16-2005, 09:59 AM

I dont know if anyone knew about my lost rim and UPS. I received 3 of the 4 rims I bought before Maxus and UPS still hasnt been able to locate it. They even recycled my tracking number to another box after there was a Tracing request issued for my package. Ill never trust them again. Well, anyway I just got off the phone with the investigations lady for UPS and she stated they still havent found it yet. Tomorrow is the last day of the tracing. So, Im guessing there will be a claim to file with UPS now so I can get reimbursed my money and search for the same rim and tire on the internet. The worst part is these rims are going into a discontinuance. Ive only been able to locate two sites that has the exact rim, lug and size. I still need to look into the offset of these wheels. It sucks though. I hope to get the new wheel by next week. I leave for vacation to Atlanta at the end of this month. It's Fed-ex from now on.
Old 06-16-2005, 09:59 AM

Yeah, those were too much.lol

Quick Reply: Maxus 2005 Overview..