Maxus Archives Discussions From Past Maxus Meets

MAXUS 2010 in NYC!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by tigersharkdude
How about Memphis. They have a 1/4 mile there
From Memphis, Tennessee to Oklahoma City, Oklahoma is about 480 miles

It's closer haha.. but don't know if I would be willing to make the drive out there alone.. there used to be a few maxima's/ser's around here but most of them are now sold or totaled, ect.. like someone said, the maxima game is dying out.. If I knew someone that'd ride with me or ride along with me then i'd be more willing to take the trip... but then again who knows what will happen next year so i can't make any calls yet.. i do wanna say good luck to the person that ends up planning next year though, i'll help in ways i can if i attend
Old 06-28-2010, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Greeny
how about nashville superspeedway?

They have a small road course built into the middle of the track..might be pricey to rent though..

http://www.nashvillesuperspeedway.co...e_Map_2010.pdf
That's what I was thinking originally. If a majority of org members would prefer a road course over a drag strip.

As expensive as renting out NSS might be, renting just the infield and the road course instead of the entire arena might be an option to save money. And I highly doubt they'd charge us extra to set up an autocross course somewhere in the parking lot.

Renting NSS's infield may also give us access to a garage to work on cars in. I'm not sure if they'll allow us to use it, but it's been open during every car-related event I've been to. So I can't imagine why they wouldn't allow us to use it. Granted, everyone will have to bring their own tools, obviously...

Beach Bend in Kentucky is also a good idea. They have a strip, but I don't know if they have a lot of room for parking cars. There's a small amusement park right nearby, too. That could be a interesting to throw in the mix...the only downside is there's not a whole lot else in Bowling Green besides Beach Bend. And cows...

Last edited by Mr. Brett; 06-28-2010 at 04:52 PM.
Old 06-28-2010, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by SLCPunk267
That's what I was thinking originally. If a majority of org members would prefer a road course over a drag strip.

As expensive as renting out NSS might be, renting just the infield and the road course instead of the entire arena might be an option to save money. And I highly doubt they'd charge us extra to set up an autocross course somewhere in the parking lot.

Renting NSS's infield may also give us access to a garage to work on cars in. I'm not sure if they'll allow us to use it, but it's been open during every car-related event I've been to. So I can't imagine why they wouldn't allow us to use it. Granted, everyone will have to bring their own tools, obviously...

Beach Bend in Kentucky is also a good idea. They have a strip, but I don't know if they have a lot of room for parking cars. There's a small amusement park right nearby, too. That could be a interesting to throw in the mix...the only downside is there's not a whole lot else in Bowling Green besides Beach Bend. And cows...

Corvette Museum and plant. Also only an hour away from Nashville
Old 06-28-2010, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by tigersharkdude
Brett , ive called The Hill and talked to Rick. He said that renting a saturday is a no-go as they have NHRA points races on saturday. So in order to rent the track it would be a VERY hefty bill. Beach Bend would likely be cheaper, but I am sure they run NHRA races on saturday as well. Was supposed to go talk to one of the guys that runs it tonight, but he had to take an emergency flight to Vegas for work
If we were to pursue Union Hill, what if we did it pre-season? Like early-to-mid May? That way it's not too terribly hot. Trying to do Maxus in June in Nashville is going to be hot and muggy.
Old 06-28-2010, 05:04 PM

how many maximas are around the nashville area?
Old 06-28-2010, 05:13 PM
¯\(°_o)/¯

Originally Posted by tookrzy4u192
how many maximas are around the nashville area?
not alot, but atlanta has quite a few, only about 3 hours to nashville...maybe atl would be a better spot...
Old 06-28-2010, 05:17 PM

not alot, but atlanta has quite a few, only about 3 hours to nashville...maybe atl would be a better spot...
I was thinking of ATL being the next best alternative, but the big difference is the travel time for the MD/DCMax crew to Nashville versus to ATL...

Plus, once it's in ATL, it's sorta out of my hands as far as trying to organize anything. I don't really know anybody down there that I could get in touch with.
Old 06-28-2010, 05:21 PM

atl is a 14 hour drive from okc lol.. been there done that, what a borrringgg drive that was (i wasn't driving lol)
Old 06-28-2010, 05:33 PM
¯\(°_o)/¯

I was thinking of ATL being the next best alternative, but the big difference is the travel time for the MD/DCMax crew to Nashville versus to ATL...

Plus, once it's in ATL, it's sorta out of my hands as far as trying to organize anything. I don't really know anybody down there that I could get in touch with.
Oh...didn't know you were thinking about organizing the next maxus...
Old 06-28-2010, 05:35 PM
¯\(°_o)/¯

Originally Posted by tookrzy4u192
atl is a 14 hour drive from okc lol.. been there done that, what a borrringgg drive that was (i wasn't driving lol)
anywhere besides your state is gonna be a long drive for you mang..you're pretty much in the middle of the us...
Old 06-28-2010, 05:37 PM

Oh...didn't know you were thinking about organizing the next maxus...
If I can get a little bit of support, it's very possible. I have a feeling I could get the support of some local Nissan dealers, as well as some other vendors if I got the ball rolling shortly...

Crawford Z-Car may be willing to help out, considering they specialize in Nissans...

However, if people are going to treat me like they did DanNY, Chino and RedMax this past week, I'm just going to say to hell with it.
Old 06-28-2010, 05:43 PM
¯\(°_o)/¯

If I can get a little bit of support, it's very possible. I have a feeling I could get the support of the local dealer, as well as some others if I got the ball rolling shortly...

However, if people are going to treat me like they did DanNY, Chino and RedMax this past week, I'm just going to say to hell with it.
lol, you might as well stop now then mang If organizing/holding maxus events were fulfilling experiences, then matt93se would probably still be holding them down in texas..you're always gonna have a few that will not be happy with how it goes..And will complain/bitch about it publicly...

It's the price you pay...
Old 06-28-2010, 05:48 PM

lol, you might as well stop now then mang If organizing/holding maxus events were fulfilling experiences, then matt93se would probably still be holding them down in texas..you're always gonna have a few that will not be happy with how it goes..And will complain/bitch about it publicly...

It's the price you pay...
Oh, no worries. I know how people can be. Customer service has taught me that some people just like to *****, no matter how much you go out of your way to please them.

If I can make a majority of the people happy, that's all I'd want. If anyone wants to complain, let them. They'll just continue to be the reason that there's less and less turnout at Maxus, and that sponsors turn down the opportunity to come out and support us, and help our event grow.
Old 06-28-2010, 05:55 PM

You know I am down to help if you are serious.
Old 06-28-2010, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by datdude20
i cant stop laughing now.....that was 2 funny....but its cool
im literaly crying. that **** was soooo funny. I was gonna tell jason hes on his own and run down the track lmaooo.

hopefully we can meet up again and do some runs down the track.
Old 06-28-2010, 06:01 PM

I'm going to have to give it some serious thought before I even say maybe to organizing it. And see if I can get enough support to actually have it in Nashville.

The biggest thing I have to figure out is how to foot the bill for anything. If NSS is seriously around 50 grand a weekend to rent, that's absolutely out of the question. I'm going to need others to help me, obviously. This isn't something I can do by myself.

I guess I'd have to start making calls and see what I can figure out...
Old 06-28-2010, 06:04 PM

anywhere besides your state is gonna be a long drive for you mang..you're pretty much in the middle of the us...
haha yeah im out of luck.. i wish i had a maxima when they had maxus in dallas.. (i wasn't even old enough to drive back then lol)
Old 06-28-2010, 06:35 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Dan, I'll start looking around if we can get enough of a following from other members. I'd like to see some interest before I start trying to call around and organize any sort of meet, though...what do you think the best plan of action is? Feeler thread? Or do you think it's too soon?

The only reason I think Nashville's not a bad idea is that it's pretty central to Georgia, Maryland, South Carolina and the surrounding states where it seems like a lot of org members are located. When it comes down to travel, I'd say it's pretty close to the same distance from each major city in each surrounding state to Nashville.

I work at a car rental shop here, btw. If you need a car to run Greeny's truck in, let me know.
if the nashville TN comes to light then i will call up Murfreesboro's plant personally and demand to have a tour and a meet and greet there. i've been there before and they were very nice and we met a lot of the workers there and saw the maximas being built there.

PM me with your ideas before you post ANYTHING about 2011. I don't want to give ppl false hopes on an idea.

well if i going i'm flying into BNA...hook it up! get me that Hertz gold edition stang! LOL
i can probably destroy greeny's hick-mobile in a corolla.
Old 06-28-2010, 06:51 PM
¯\(°_o)/¯

Originally Posted by DanNY
well if i going i'm flying into BNA...hook it up! get me that Hertz gold edition stang! LOL
i can probably destroy greeny's hick-mobile in a corolla.

It is kinda slow with the 33's on it..
Old 06-28-2010, 07:33 PM

anywhere DCmax is not going to travel to will be dead trust me, seeing how everyone else is... i vote maxus 2011 in MD again, or NC, or SC, or maybe even GA, for the florida guys, lets see what they got
Old 06-28-2010, 08:15 PM

Dan, I'll look around and see what I can find out. I'll have tigersharkdude help me out. If I can scrape up anything interesting, I'll PM you and let you know...
Old 06-28-2010, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by tuko316
im literaly crying. that **** was soooo funny. I was gonna tell jason hes on his own and run down the track lmaooo.

hopefully we can meet up again and do some runs down the track.
yea i hope so mang
Old 06-28-2010, 08:40 PM

it wont

Old 06-29-2010, 05:44 AM
Buyers beware, local pick up recommended. Slow to ship out items already paid for.

Originally Posted by DanNY
if the nashville TN comes to light then i will call up Murfreesboro's plant personally and demand to have a tour and a meet and greet there. i've been there before and they were very nice and we met a lot of the workers there and saw the maximas being built there.
I would drive that far, if i can, if it means seeing maximas being built! that would be awsome!
Old 06-29-2010, 05:58 AM

Hey Keith you should have been more adament about getting me to run earlier in the day with you. The one run we got in just before they shut down open runs was fun.

Originally Posted by nalc
The cars that were there were nice. The people there were nice. The racing was impressive, although there didn't seem to be as many cars running as last year, and there wasn't the exciting battle between Jime and Aaron92SE that stretched across several classes and rounds.

Most of the people I talked to seemed like they were having fun. What happened, though, was that the event ended on a down note. People left thinking about the long drive to the hotel and the very lame awards ceremony, and not thinking about the positive aspects of the event, and then jumped on the bandwagon.
This is a very valid point and sums up how I feel about it. I enjoyed meeting folks in the parking lot at the hotel and the meet in greet, and enjoyed walking around looking at the rides at the track. I really enjoyed hearing the roar of vehicles racing down the track and am glad I finally caved and ran my car down (though I do wish I'd done it earlier so I could have gotten in multiple runs).

I had enough of a good time that I'd definitely consider driving to a maxus down south.

Last edited by DarienA; 06-29-2010 at 06:00 AM.
Old 06-29-2010, 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by cwfalconfootbal
I would drive that far, if i can, if it means seeing maximas being built! that would be awsome!
I have toured the Honda plant near Columbus, OH and it is VERY VERY COOL! No photos allowed inside, but it was worth the 10 hr drive each way. I saw Elements, CRVs fully assembled and the sheet metal for the Civic sedans. On the 2nd day there, Honda took us out onto their proving grounds. Saw a Ridgeline drive down a canal filled with 5 ft of water, they gave us performance rides in the Ridgeline carrying 1,000 lbs in the bed. and yes, I mean performance. They had the drifter Element there as well blowing through a few sets of tires in the time we were there.

Originally Posted by DarienA
Hey Keith you should have been more adament about getting me to run earlier in the day with you. The one run we got in just before they shut down open runs was fun.
D, after my first run I told you to get your azz out there. I would have loved to smoke you again and again. hahahaha
Old 06-29-2010, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by k757
D, after my first run I told you to get your azz out there. I would have loved to smoke you again and again. hahahaha
lol