Members Rides Post Pictures of your car here. No Maxima? No problem.

Newbie (non maxima)

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 09:08 AM

very nice! ive always loved g20s too, dont know much about them tho, arent they 4 cylinders?
Old 12-02-2007, 08:35 AM

car is hella sick and clean
Old 12-04-2007, 08:28 AM

Thas is an amazing looking car, how many hours did you put in to get it into that car it is today? and if I may ask, how many $$$ (ballpark)...
Old 12-04-2007, 09:07 AM
jacK the RiPpeR..

me and your car just had some sexy time... i like
Old 12-04-2007, 09:37 AM

When are you going to finish those LED tails?? ))))
Old 12-10-2007, 07:41 AM

i have a 98 SE gold/tan cloth auto with 82k in perfect condition for sale...PM me if you're interested.

beautiful G btw
Old 12-10-2007, 12:37 PM
I need a truck

There are many maximas in the classified section. You'll love the 4th gen. Very classy automobile.

Very nice G20, very well done.
Old 12-10-2007, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by black_maxed95
very nice! ive always loved g20s too, dont know much about them tho, arent they 4 cylinders?
yeah its a 4 cylinder 2.0 it comes stock with 140hp at the fly wheel. I probably have 150 at the wheels now give or take, but I plan on getting it up over 200hp in the future. thats part of the reason I want to stop using it daily. I don't want to have to worry about things breaking when I have to get to work.

Originally Posted by mikek78
Thas is an amazing looking car, how many hours did you put in to get it into that car it is today? and if I may ask, how many $$$ (ballpark)...
I couldn't even tell you. I bought the car new in september 1999, and I've been working on it ever since. I did 99% of the work my self including custom molding the rear bumper, and a ton of other custom fabbed things. they don't make much for the car so I had to custom make pretty much everything I wanted to do to it. I actually just started having some things mass produced for the g20s and I'm selling them on my site. it helps fund my car modifying addiction

Originally Posted by tryingtobebest
When are you going to finish those LED tails?? ))))
I'm wondering that myself. I actually did a little bit on them today. I've been so busy with my site and my REAL job, that I haven't had much time for them. I hope to have them done before the end of the year, but I don't know when they will be installed. here's a teaser

Originally Posted by RNMMax
i have a 98 SE gold/tan cloth auto with 82k in perfect condition for sale...PM me if you're interested.

beautiful G btw
thanks. email me some pictures and your asking price ericdd@optonline.net

Originally Posted by Conrad283
There are many maximas in the classified section. You'll love the 4th gen. Very classy automobile.

Very nice G20, very well done.
I've always loved the 4th gen, I already have plans for it. but I'd really love to keep it semi stock (if possible ) I'd like to be able to take it anywhere and not have to worry about it getting broken into or damaged. thats one of the problems with having a nice customized car, your always worried about it
Old 12-10-2007, 03:05 PM
I need a truck

Originally Posted by Ericdd
I've always loved the 4th gen, I already have plans for it. but I'd really love to keep it semi stock (if possible ) I'd like to be able to take it anywhere and not have to worry about it getting broken into or damaged. thats one of the problems with having a nice customized car, your always worried about it
Definately possible. What are your plans?
Old 12-10-2007, 03:19 PM

nothing crazy, headlights, tailights, murano wheels (maybe the newer 6 spoke wheels) and MAYBE a lip kit and a slight drop. I'd like to make it look modified stock, like a factory upgrade. this way my wife doesn't think I soent too much
Old 12-10-2007, 05:13 PM
Banned

nice ride man. 4th gens are great cars you can grab em cheap and drive them forever. I'm looking to replace my 3rd gen after the winter for another 4th gen beater/DD. figure i sell my 3rd gen for a grand and then buy a 4th gen for around 3k(only because the car has major rust issues and i don't want to keep fixing it/fighting to get past inspections. what are you next mods to the g20?
Old 12-10-2007, 05:42 PM
I need a truck

nothing crazy, headlights, tailights, murano wheels (maybe the newer 6 spoke wheels) and MAYBE a lip kit and a slight drop. I'd like to make it look modified stock, like a factory upgrade. this way my wife doesn't think I soent too much
Sounds like it's just enough to make it look good. You're on the right track.
Old 12-10-2007, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Torgus
what are you next mods to the g20?
I'm working on LED taillights now, after that I don't know. I have a nice set of side skirts in mind, and then maybe I'll start the serious engine mods. if I find a suitable daily driver
Old 12-10-2007, 08:43 PM

then maybe I'll start the serious engine mods.
Why mod the SR when a VQ fits so nicely in there?
Old 12-11-2007, 04:17 AM

I dunno, why drive an infiniti when a Bently is so much nicer $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Old 12-11-2007, 06:01 AM

Oh cmon, you've spent how much on headlights/taillights, CF hood, brakes etc and you're not willing to put a few grand towards the heart of the car?
Old 12-11-2007, 10:29 AM

I dunno, why drive an infiniti when a Bently is so much nicer $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
You'll probably make as much power if you swap in the VQ35 than if you turbo charge the SR, unless your running a **** load of boost Not to mention you'll have a hell of a lot more potential and TORQUE
Old 12-11-2007, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by MorpheusZero
Oh cmon, you've spent how much on headlights/taillights, CF hood, brakes etc and you're not willing to put a few grand towards the heart of the car?
not as much as you think. almost all of that was hand fabbed by me, and the CF hood was half sponsored. the big problem is I'm not that motor savy, and it takes a good amount of fab work to swap in a VQ. so I'd probably have to pay some one to do it, and that would definetly add up.

Originally Posted by Fast1one
You'll probably make as much power if you swap in the VQ35 than if you turbo charge the SR, unless your running a **** load of boost Not to mention you'll have a hell of a lot more potential and TORQUE
My plan is to put the sr20ve in (nissans V-tec) and then slap a turbo on it. the motor is a direct bolt in, stock puts out close to 160+ at the wheels. with a small turbo, it should be 250 + and really fun to drive. the only thing besides that I'd like to do is a 6speed, but thats a little bit of fab work too so I don't know if that will happen.

I don't really do any racing, so all I really want is a show worthy install thats fun to drive. I don't want to deal with the headaches of a crazy engine swap.
Old 12-11-2007, 06:05 PM

not as much as you think. almost all of that was hand fabbed by me, and the CF hood was half sponsored. the big problem is I'm not that motor savy, and it takes a good amount of fab work to swap in a VQ. so I'd probably have to pay some one to do it, and that would definetly add up.

My plan is to put the sr20ve in (nissans V-tec) and then slap a turbo on it. the motor is a direct bolt in, stock puts out close to 160+ at the wheels. with a small turbo, it should be 250 + and really fun to drive. the only thing besides that I'd like to do is a 6speed, but thats a little bit of fab work too so I don't know if that will happen.

I don't really do any racing, so all I really want is a show worthy install thats fun to drive. I don't want to deal with the headaches of a crazy engine swap.
But moooooooooooooooommmmm i want a VQ35 so i can be coooooooooooooooooooooooooool

But MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMM

...sweet.