Members Rides Post Pictures of your car here. No Maxima? No problem.

New Modz....

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 08:48 AM
Turbo'd Saab

Tein decal on the front bumper is the definition of rice and no mufflers too....

nice max torgus, I painted my sunroof deflector body color so it blended in a little better
Old 07-13-2008, 09:34 AM

Exclamation

Originally Posted by DaveVQ
Tein decal on the front bumper is the definition of rice and no mufflers too....
1st Mr.Dave... If I wouldn't have Tein coilovers on my Max and I would put the sticker... that would be ricey! Not the case!!

2nd Mr.Dave... if you would of checked my exhaust thread, you would of read that I have put a muffler (Magnaflow) on.

But, why is it that when I post on other people's threads the subject always turns towards my ride?? Don't need that much attention!! Thanks!

For some of you guys the definition of "ricey" is anything that's not a plain simple Max... that's hilarious!!

Come on guys!! Keep making me laugh... I love it!!
Old 07-13-2008, 10:46 AM
retired moderator

Originally Posted by Y2KYellowMax
1st Mr.Dave... If I wouldn't have Tein coilovers on my Max and I would put the sticker... that would be ricey! Not the case!!

2nd Mr.Dave... if you would of checked my exhaust thread, you would of read that I have put a muffler (Magnaflow) on.

But, why is it that when I post on other people's threads the subject always turns towards my ride?? Don't need that much attention!! Thanks!

For some of you guys the definition of "ricey" is anything that's not a plain simple Max... that's hilarious!!

Anything from Canada is ricey too

Old 07-13-2008, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by irish44j
I guess it must be true if you say so. You are the resident expert here regarding being Ricey, after all.....

IBteindecalonfrontbumberisthedefinitionofrice...

aint that the truth

Oh, and the featured max has 2 different looks goin on. so i'll keep comments to myself

Last edited by Majestic Ken; 07-13-2008 at 11:50 AM.
Old 07-13-2008, 12:32 PM

Anything from Canada is ricey too

I thought that "mods" were not suppose to be racist!!
Old 07-14-2008, 08:49 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Y2KYellowMax

forget them man...keep doing your thing and modding your max the way YOU want to. People's opinions should have ZERO relevance to you

Torgus, sick ride dude...I dont think the rear window shade looks entirely bad. But the visors do need to go. Car would look even better if you dropped it just a bit more, just a tad bit more Post some pics with the new rims though
Old 07-14-2008, 02:16 PM

I think you got it going on Torgus, nice ride it would turn my head if I saw you coming down the street.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:16 PM
Doctor D I presume???

Originally Posted by Torgus
some new stuff on the max:
rear window spoiler
cf invader hood painted with hoodpins
custom grill(i sell these if anyone wants one)
fresh paint on other bits and pieces
oh and painted calipers

the end.
Dont really like it Torgus, not my style, its too ricey IMO, But hey do you.
Outside too overly done, car must not be fast. should have put your money in performance parts instead.

Last edited by doc2278; 07-14-2008 at 03:20 PM.
Old 07-14-2008, 04:03 PM
Banned

why would i waste money on making a fwd car fast doc? i mean you tried doing this once why don't you explain why i would want to do that...

i'm not the person who invested a bunch to tc my maxima and gained only 40hp and then sold it the next week

my car is for show. not go. i'll be the 1st to say that and the first to make fun of anyone who thinks a 4door fwd sedan is a good car to try and make go 'fast'

also i'm not going to drop 6k+ to do a custom turbo which is my only option...unless i went with a rmt of course then i'm looking at around 3k all said and done. but even then i have a stupid autotragik and don't want to spend 3k on a turbo and then 3k on a 6speed(+ flywheel mm etc.) swap 2 months later after i blow apart my tranny. again dropping 6k into an 03 is just a bad move financially for me. i'd rather buy a boat which is my next project i'm done with cars atm i own 2 and both are reliable and have their own special places in my heart, also i can drive these cars for the next 10 years and be fine. well...i hope

anywho thank you all again for the compliments!
Old 07-18-2008, 04:43 PM
Banned

NEW PICS!
Got some 20'' ADR Sterlings today! Always been a fan of these rims!
and obviously i have still NOT washed my car. i think i'm going to have it professionally detailed(outside) and then borrow my brother in law who does professional photography for some real classy pics. i'd throw in some HDR ones as well...with those pics i'll be sending them to susper street and a few other magazines to try and get some coverage and maybe a sponsor or something...*crosses fingers*

Obviously they are dirty as hell. I'm going to polish them tomorrow. Also they need new center caps which are already on the way!

Last edited by Torgus; 07-18-2008 at 04:47 PM.
Old 07-18-2008, 04:48 PM
Banned

MOAR!

Old 07-18-2008, 04:49 PM
Banned

they look small to me...anybody else?
oh and i tuck in the rear which is sexy...

Again my car is fo sho not go. So i don't need people saying i should do performance mods. no offence. a turbo means a huge investment in money and a huge drop in reliability. All other performance mods will not do much to make my car considerably faster if i do do anything it will be a BBK so i can stop this beast...speaking of which!
One big difference i notice was acceleration is slightly slower but braking SUCKS. i was amazed how much heavier these are compaired to my 19'' Konigs.

My gf thinks my old rims fit my car better i can't decide...thoughts?

One thing i have to say is having a lip on your rims is dead sexy!

And again thank you all for your comments. I fully understand many may not like the way i have modified this maxima. But keep the comments comming!

Last edited by Torgus; 07-18-2008 at 05:15 PM.
Old 07-18-2008, 04:58 PM

now you just need a bbk

Originally Posted by Jaxx
My thoughts exactly thats a maxima, that body kit doesnt fit the overall styling of the car, just way to many spoilers and vents poping out of place they are not suppose to be

Last edited by Crusher103; 07-18-2008 at 05:02 PM.
Old 07-18-2008, 05:01 PM
i SeE what you did therE

the old rims looked better
Old 07-18-2008, 05:20 PM
Banned

redmax007 i LOVED your old car what are you driving now? it is definetly in my top 3 favorite 4thgens you araffio(ya i said his name) and sadler did amazing things to your cars!

if anyone wants to make me a siggy pick i'd appriciate it. i'll throw you some dough for doing it. PM me.
Old 07-18-2008, 05:25 PM
i SeE what you did therE

redmax007 i LOVED your old car what are you driving now? it is definetly in my top 3 favorite 4thgens you araffio(ya i said his name) and sadler did amazing things to your cars!

if anyone wants to make me a siggy pick i'd appriciate it. i'll throw you some dough for doing it. PM me.
sigh.. yeah i miss the max... sadlers car was sick as well.........

i am driving an 05 Black Altima SE-R.. (could not find a red one... )
Old 07-18-2008, 06:33 PM

Unique, thats what makes it stand out!
Old 07-19-2008, 03:28 PM

they would look HOT on my car Jon. Wish i had the cash, i would have bought them out from under you
Old 07-20-2008, 05:14 PM

I like your car for the most part, but I think it would look a LOT better without the Stillen touring lip. Of course I'm more partial to the classic lip because I own it . Even though I'm not a fan of chrome rims, I think they look pretty good on your car, probably a little better than your other wheels. I'm also not a fan of the rear window spoiler...it's just a little too much with all the other stuff. Very unique overall though - good job.
Old 07-20-2008, 06:20 PM

I think if you got rid of the side skirts and got the regular stillen ones the car would look a 100 times better, like the new rims way better though
Old 07-20-2008, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by SuperStasiu
I think if you got rid of the side skirts and got the regular stillen ones the car would look a 100 times better, like the new rims way better though
i agree but still good job very creative...unique
Old 07-22-2008, 06:15 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by DaveVQ
nice max torgus, I painted my sunroof deflector body color so it blended in a little better
got a pic of that? or in fact a few pics?
Old 07-22-2008, 06:23 AM

torgus on some 20" twinkies..... thats whats up. i see a loose lip in the distance, your making me antsy!
Old 07-22-2008, 11:16 AM
Banned

just call me and you can come get it gaby
Old 07-22-2008, 09:29 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I like the car. Looks nice.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:10 PM

my car is for show. not go. i'll be the 1st to say that and the first to make fun of anyone who thinks a 4door fwd sedan is a good car to try and make go 'fast'
Clearly you would rather make a 4 door fwd family sedan look fast.

Apparently nowadays mentioning that a maxima is a fwd family sedan is a blanket argument for whatever point you're trying to make.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:07 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by MorpheusZero
Clearly you would rather make a 4 door fwd family sedan look fast.

Apparently nowadays mentioning that a maxima is a fwd family sedan is a blanket argument for whatever point you're trying to make.
i hate to defend myself but apparently you are confused:

i'd rather make it look 'cool' to me. if it looks fast to you then i'm sorry that wasn't the intention you must not know what a fast car looks like. when you see a tricked out civic or accord do you think they are fast or 'look' fast? no. so why would you think my car is???

Can you pick a worse type of car to make into a 'racer' ??? a 4door fwd sedan is about the worst you can get afaik...add to the fact that i can't add forced induction to my 3.5 via a premade kit it's rather hard/expensive to make it go fast. and then it's not reliable anymore. and even then it's only fast in a straight line. whoop dee do.

if i wanted a fun track/road racer i'd get a 240 and drop in my friends extra RB26DETT sitting in his garage. 2 doors, light, rwd...not a heavy 4 door fwd sedan with a weak gearbox...and i may do this next year as the engine is promised to me if i want it...

i drive my max because i like to drive around in comfort and style. i'm sorry if somehow you've been convinced on here maximas are super awesomely fast and the best car at everything. what they do they do well. a VERY few have made them go fast in a straight line. Even fewer have made them fast on an autox course.

i love my 2 maximas. i'v owned a bunch. but i'm not a fanboy.

Last edited by Torgus; 07-23-2008 at 06:16 AM.
Old 07-23-2008, 11:56 AM

i'd rather make it look 'cool' to me. if it looks fast to you then i'm sorry that wasn't the intention you must not know what a fast car looks like. when you see a tricked out civic or accord do you think they are fast or 'look' fast? no. so why would you think my car is???
No, I think they are trying to make it look fast. I never said it was or looked fast. Adding body kits, spoilers, etc is not to make it look luxurious, it's to add aggression.

Can you pick a worse type of car to make into a 'racer' ??? a 4door fwd sedan is about the worst you can get afaik...add to the fact that i can't add forced induction to my 3.5 via a premade kit it's rather hard/expensive to make it go fast. and then it's not reliable anymore. and even then it's only fast in a straight line. whoop dee do.
The Maxima is good at what it's good at. For a 5th gen especially, looking cool is not exactly what it's good at.

if i wanted a fun track/road racer i'd get a 240 and drop in my friends extra RB26DETT sitting in his garage. 2 doors, light, rwd...not a heavy 4 door fwd sedan with a weak gearbox...and i may do this next year as the engine is promised to me if i want it...
don't care; irrelevant

i drive my max because i like to drive around in comfort and style. i'm sorry if somehow you've been convinced on here maximas are super awesomely fast and the best car at everything. what they do they do well. a VERY few have made them go fast in a straight line. Even fewer have made them fast on an autox course.

i love my 2 maximas. i'v owned a bunch. but i'm not a fanboy.

Don't mind my delusions of grandeur, looks like you've got more than enough of your own to worry about.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:18 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by The Wizard
The sunroof deflector and the side visors don't really go with your theme anymore IMO. The exterior is starting to look a bit "cluttered".
Originally Posted by MDeezy

I'd lose the sunroof spoiler and wind deflectors...

That said, I still dislike the hood and think you have way, way too much going on between the hood, body kit, spoilers, ventvisors, sunroof visor, etc....Would look cleaner at least if you ditched the roof spoiler, ventvisors, and sunroof visor...
Originally Posted by Crusher103
My thoughts exactly thats a maxima, that body kit doesnt fit the overall styling of the car, just way to many spoilers and vents poping out of place they are not suppose to be
Originally Posted by sublime258
I'm also not a fan of the rear window spoiler...it's just a little too much with all the other stuff.
Still looks cluttered

Old 01-01-2009, 02:28 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

The Rims are hot.
the whole creation is excellent...
but...
u gotta get rid of the front plate... there for register it somewhere else
10 out of 10 man
Old 01-02-2009, 12:05 AM

I love the rims, but def think the old ones go better on your max! I've never been a big fan of window spoilers, but that's just me, window visors and sunroof visor def a no go, take away from the car, other than that I like the max man and don't really see anything ricey about it, you have you're own style and that's what's up, so appreciate the haters and good work love!

Last edited by Maxgrl88; 01-02-2009 at 12:08 AM.
Old 01-25-2009, 08:21 AM

looks good
Old 01-25-2009, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by IHAVEA2KMAXIMA
now you just need a bbk
nice torgus.. i liked the older rims more though..

Last edited by FlipCpt45; 01-26-2009 at 12:01 AM.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by The Wizard
The sunroof deflector and the side visors don't really go with your theme anymore IMO. The exterior is starting to look a bit "cluttered".
+1, other than that I really like your car. Good Job man.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:47 AM

"...needs a body kit..."

The car looks like it can take off vertically.