Members Rides Post Pictures of your car here. No Maxima? No problem.

Mr****s95SE updated pics! Woot!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008 | 11:43 PM
Offset Is Everything.

Originally Posted by ChromeSE5
All those kickstands and cages add up. BTW, do you know if SRAM has a good EP program like shimano or do we just BTI it. I was thinking of picking up a RED group. Did you take a key holder position or are you OPs also? I remember you saying that you were thinking of going up but wasn't sure if you did MIT or just key.
I believe we can EP SRAM stuff. I dont think we can get RED yet tho. going with FORCE or Rival is pretty cheap compared with DA or Ultegra but then again... Shimano would be the better choice. No Campy groupo?? anyways I checked BTI and we can get sram through them for a good price. Comparing BTI to Shimano EP, theres not too much difference so Im guessing with SRAM its the same thing

Im gonna build myself a Scattante/Forte bike. use the TT-560 frameset with the E3 cabron wing drop bars and an Ultegra build. all the rest of the parts Forte. Total comes out to about $1100. I can probably get a Fuji Team Pro but i kinda want to build myself a bike like my hardtail. I was hoping this build wouldnt break the 1000 mark but eh, it'll be fun. commuter card discounts on top of employee discounts FTW.

I'm a key holder position although my pay doesnt show that. total weaksauce paycheck. gas eats up nealy 45% of my paychecks. its awesome. re-negotiating pay once my school starts in order to keep me there. we'll see how this rolls. they really want me to stay.

Last edited by MrDicks95SE; 08-04-2008 at 11:45 PM.
Old 08-05-2008 | 12:03 AM

I'd be careful using the tt frame. it has a very steep angle with the seat tube (78) which will rotate your body foward. Look into a leader frame. They have some nice frames that aren't too expensive. I also hear our price for the any of the frames aren't too great.

I built mine with Ultegra SL front and rear der. for $1100 including wheelset:

The only weak mod on there is the brake calipers (nashbar's jail). Halo cranks are pretty stiff though (supposedly the same as the FSA Gossamer mega EXO).
Old 08-05-2008 | 04:42 AM
Addicted to the Org

So freaking beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-05-2008 | 07:57 AM

looking good dude, looking really good.. now come down to Canada so we can go to a pshoot..

Old 08-05-2008 | 08:03 AM

I'm jealous.
Old 08-05-2008 | 11:47 AM
Offset Is Everything.

Originally Posted by ChromeSE5
I'd be careful using the tt frame. it has a very steep angle with the seat tube (78) which will rotate your body foward. Look into a leader frame. They have some nice frames that aren't too expensive. I also hear our price for the any of the frames aren't too great.

I built mine with Ultegra SL front and rear der. for $1100 including wheelset:

The only weak mod on there is the brake calipers (nashbar's jail). Halo cranks are pretty stiff though (supposedly the same as the FSA Gossamer mega EXO).
yeah performance frames dont get that great of a discount. totally lame. hey thanks for the recommendation on Leader frames. they go for pretty good pricing... cheaper than performance lol. the LD 736R looks great... its on sale too. i had those same Spinergy wheels on my Fuji a while back.

Last edited by MrDicks95SE; 08-05-2008 at 11:51 AM.
Old 08-05-2008 | 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Mr****s95SE
yeah performance frames dont get that great of a discount. totally lame. hey thanks for the recommendation on Leader frames. they go for pretty good pricing... cheaper than performance lol. the LD 736R looks great... its on sale too. i had those same Spinergy wheels on my Fuji a while back.

Lemme know if you want another set... I have a sponsorship lol.
Old 08-05-2008 | 01:21 PM

Very nice max...those wheels look real good on it!
Old 08-06-2008 | 01:14 AM

I'm still on my super old GC/Illumina setup running great i might add!
get on that, stat. That is SO not VIP.

yeah man, these 13" rotors are tiny. i want 15" but thats not happenin.
(cough) http://fastbrakes.com/shop/product_i...oducts_id=1183

the centercaps dont fit. the dust covers stick out too much. same with the rears. i wouldnt sport those center caps anyways lol.

C3nt3rc4p-le55 cr00 FTW. my internet tYpInG sKiLLs pWnS mE
silver Nissan hamburger centercaps would be ballin on those mags

Looking good man, those rubber bands are friggin' ridiculous.
Old 08-06-2008 | 01:25 AM

Also, I didn't see this before but Federals FTMFW. How long you think yours are going to last?
Old 08-06-2008 | 11:20 AM
Offset Is Everything.

Originally Posted by MorpheusZero
Also, I didn't see this before but Federals FTMFW. How long you think yours are going to last?
I really havnt had a set of Federals for too long with the wheels I've had. So I cant say. With the Works, I sold em before i could even get close to the wear indicators. Same with the Enkei's. So we'll see about that this time.

get on that, stat. That is SO not VIP.

(cough) http://fastbrakes.com/shop/product_i...oducts_id=1183

silver Nissan hamburger centercaps would be ballin on those mags

Looking good man, those rubber bands are friggin' ridiculous.
Im done with this car man. No more money is going into this. Just maintenance. this fastbrakes Wilwoods are only 13.6". Im running 13.1"
Cobra's. not much of a diff if you ask me. I've already got bubbles on my front two tires. rubberbands ftw...
Old 08-06-2008 | 01:12 PM
Banned

bubbles suck. potholes suck. rubberbands suck. but damn they look good...when i get a bubble in my 20s imma be pissed these tires arn't cheap.
Old 08-07-2008 | 11:53 AM
Offset Is Everything.

Originally Posted by Torgus
bubbles suck. potholes suck. rubberbands suck. but damn they look good...when i get a bubble in my 20s imma be pissed these tires arn't cheap.
that's one of the reasons i didnt get expensive tires...
Old 08-07-2008 | 01:46 PM

what brand rims are those
Old 08-07-2008 | 11:01 PM

Im done with this car man. No more money is going into this. Just maintenance. this fastbrakes Wilwoods are only 13.6". Im running 13.1"
Cobra's. not much of a diff if you ask me. I've already got bubbles on my front two tires. rubberbands ftw...
What about the COs?!!!

Also what causes the bubbles?
Old 08-08-2008 | 12:53 AM
Administrator

Nice! the 5th pic rocks! Those rims are growing on me.
Old 08-08-2008 | 01:13 AM
Offset Is Everything.

Originally Posted by IHAVEA2KMAXIMA
What about the COs?!!!

Also what causes the bubbles?
no CO's. im passing on a really good deal on cattman gen3's. i know if i get them, im gonna have them rebuilt/revalved which is gonna cost more money. then that leads me to more mods which i dont want to do anymore...

potholes, high ruts in the roads, etc cause bubbling in sidewalls due to hard hits if you dont avoid them. most of the time if it happens on tires with high sidewalls, its most likely a defective tire. a weak spot so to speak. thats my take on that.

Originally Posted by The Wizard
Nice! the 5th pic rocks! Those rims are growing on me.
Thanks Wizard. they are here to stay.
Old 08-08-2008 | 01:21 PM

I really havnt had a set of Federals for too long with the wheels I've had. So I cant say. With the Works, I sold em before i could even get close to the wear indicators. Same with the Enkei's. So we'll see about that this time.
Gotcha. Where'd you pick 'em up, City Tire FTMFW? I may or may not have picked up a set of Feddys from them recently...

Im done with this car man. No more money is going into this. Just maintenance. this fastbrakes Wilwoods are only 13.6". Im running 13.1" Cobra's. not much of a diff if you ask me.
Yeah, that's what they always say... I say fab up an uber caliper relocation bracket and run GTR 15" rotors.

I've already got bubbles on my front two tires. rubberbands ftw...
one of the many reasons I will never go above 18s on a 4th gen...
Old 08-08-2008 | 10:51 PM
Offset Is Everything.

Gotcha. Where'd you pick 'em up, City Tire FTMFW? I may or may not have picked up a set of Feddys from them recently...

Yeah, that's what they always say... I say fab up an uber caliper relocation bracket and run GTR 15" rotors.

one of the many reasons I will never go above 18s on a 4th gen...
City Tire FTMFW. yup yup.

HAH. you want to make a bracket for me? lol not happening anyways. i might as well use a GTR caliper/rotor bbk as well too. shoot thatd be nuts.

19s are the bestest.
Old 08-09-2008 | 07:53 AM

19's are ultimate on 4th gens you can, friend is on K-sport coils with 19's 245/35, thick enough rubber
Old 08-09-2008 | 02:10 PM
Offset Is Everything.

Originally Posted by Grand_hustle17
19's are ultimate on 4th gens you can, friend is on K-sport coils with 19's 245/35, thick enough rubber
you gotta be slammed, kitted and have the right wheels to pull it off. like meee~!
Old 08-09-2008 | 05:56 PM

you gotta be slammed, kitted and have the right wheels to pull it off. like meee~!
lol oh believe me i agree 100%, though you still didnt say what rims u have
Old 08-09-2008 | 06:02 PM

Mr****s95SE
Old 08-09-2008 | 06:53 PM

oh crap i didnt realize that happy b-day
Old 08-09-2008 | 08:03 PM
Offset Is Everything.

oh crap i didnt realize that happy b-day
Thanks!

Originally Posted by khantalha
Mr****s95SE
Thanks dude! i got the PM too.

lol oh believe me i agree 100%, though you still didnt say what rims u have
hahah. i posted in the MOTM. you'll find it there. they're POS wheels anyways lol. they look good for what they are.
Old 08-10-2008 | 06:39 AM

Oh shiz

Happy belated
Old 08-10-2008 | 10:21 AM
Former Sponsor

Best looking A32 in SoCal!! any time you need tires let me know!! besides working for Ionic dynamics, I also work at Discount Tire CO and I can give you employee price... yeah man stay away from cheap brands ( nankangs, federal, nitto,toyo, some falkens) DTC send us to test courses so we can test/review/compare tires once a year, and for the last 4 years I been there, I've seen some Big name brands FAIL on the track.

Last edited by maxima619; 08-10-2008 at 10:59 AM.
Old 08-10-2008 | 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by maxima619
yeah man stay away from cheap brands ( nankangs, federal, nitto,toyo, some falkens) DTC send us to test courses so we can test/review/compare tires once a year, and for the last 4 years I been there, I've seen alot of Big name brands FAIL on the track.
Sooo... don't get cheap tires because the expensive ones fail at the track?

SS595s are pretty track friendly.
Old 08-10-2008 | 11:36 AM
Former Sponsor

Sooo... don't get cheap tires because the expensive ones fail at the track?

SS595s are pretty track friendly.

Is more on quality control of some brands, for example nankangs, it is an affordable tire, but company uses cheap materials... alot of weak points and they wear out very quick...an other one is toyo, I know they make some of the best off road tires, I had the oportunity of testing a jeep roubicon with toyos MT's and those tires grip exellent on the mud, rocks and even on road they are quiet ... but on the other side we had several bmw 3 series with different tire set ups, one of them had toyo proxes 4, on the dry course they did hummm "ok" then on the wet course ( two inches of water) man! they felt like I was driving on oil! then test drove an other 3 series with bfg gforce AS's what a difference, very sticky on the dry course and on the wet course, very impresive for an all season tire, but I mean, everybody has different taste, for me yokohama s drive and bfg g force sports( best bang for the buck) and If I had deep pockets michellin pilot sports ps2
Old 08-10-2008 | 12:09 PM

I will restate, SS595s are pretty track friendly. I've got plenty of friends who run them on the track and they're pretty comparable to the kook Z212 (RS2). Doesn't hurt that they're cheap as all hell... What kind of pricing do employees get?
Old 08-10-2008 | 01:32 PM
Former Sponsor

I will restate, SS595s are pretty track friendly. I've got plenty of friends who run them on the track and they're pretty comparable to the kook Z212 (RS2). Doesn't hurt that they're cheap as all hell... What kind of pricing do employees get?
I never seen/test ss595s's, but it sounds like it is a good track-street tire there are some tire brands that people think are cheesee, the most common is the reiken raptor ZR , it is made by michelin and it was designed based on the michelling pilot AS.
As pricing uhmmm depends on the brand...... since DTC/ATCO is one of the few companies who can buy directly from BF goodrich/Michelin, as employee we get prices below cost on those two brands, any time you need tires let me know, I hook you up fo-sho.
Old 08-10-2008 | 02:53 PM

LOOKS REALLLY GOOD! how are your rears not rubbing! haha....i think you should lower the front just a little more tho...looks great though....is it original paint?
Old 08-10-2008 | 05:08 PM
Offset Is Everything.

Oh shiz

Happy belated
nothing beats being hungover today and not making it to work...

Best looking A32 in SoCal!! any time you need tires let me know!! besides working for Ionic dynamics, I also work at Discount Tire CO and I can give you employee price... yeah man stay away from cheap brands ( nankangs, federal, nitto,toyo, some falkens) DTC send us to test courses so we can test/review/compare tires once a year, and for the last 4 years I been there, I've seen some Big name brands FAIL on the track.
thanks!

i can back up that statement as well. great performing tire for a good price. citytire FTW.

Originally Posted by RuSSiAnMax415
LOOKS REALLLY GOOD! how are your rears not rubbing! haha....i think you should lower the front just a little more tho...looks great though....is it original paint?
lol rolled fenders and stretched rubbers minimize rubbing although with a fully loaded ride, i will slightly rub. my groundcontrols are already as low as they can get touching the lower spring perch. i want to go lower but i know drivability isnt good. yep thats original paint all around!
Old 08-10-2008 | 06:44 PM

Siickk homie !
Old 08-10-2008 | 07:11 PM

So I noticed the funniest thing after I put on the dubs... people actually looked at my car I got some looks with the Z32s but not stares like this...

I never seen/test ss595s's, but it sounds like it is a good track-street tire there are some tire brands that people think are cheesee, the most common is the reiken raptor ZR , it is made by michelin and it was designed based on the michelling pilot AS.
As pricing uhmmm depends on the brand...... since DTC/ATCO is one of the few companies who can buy directly from BF goodrich/Michelin, as employee we get prices below cost on those two brands, any time you need tires let me know, I hook you up fo-sho.
I might just do that. PM'd...
Old 08-10-2008 | 09:52 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I showed my 6 year old son your car and he thought it was mine, lol. After I told him it wasnt he followed with telling me how cool your car looked and how ugly mine was compared to yours.

Owned by my own son.
Old 08-10-2008 | 10:06 PM
Offset Is Everything.

Originally Posted by NiZMo1o1
Siickk homie !
thanks!
Old 08-10-2008 | 10:08 PM
Offset Is Everything.

So I noticed the funniest thing after I put on the dubs... people actually looked at my car I got some looks with the Z32s but not stares like this...

I might just do that. PM'd...
i've gotten LOTS of looks and still am. you'll get used to it once you car looks as good as mine lol.... i be like yeeeah my 15 year old car still getting looks.
Old 08-10-2008 | 10:10 PM
Offset Is Everything.

Originally Posted by max95q
I showed my 6 year old son your car and he thought it was mine, lol. After I told him it wasnt he followed with telling me how cool your car looked and how ugly mine was compared to yours.

Owned by my own son.
hahah want to switch?
Old 08-10-2008 | 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by max95q

Owned by my own son.
that's friggin hilarious

i've gotten LOTS of looks and still am. you'll get used to it once you car looks as good as mine lol.... i be like yeeeah my 15 year old car still getting looks.
Yeah, even the cops love my wheels... in fact they stopped me today to tell me how smooth and vibration-free they are at high speeds

Quick Reply: Mr****s95SE updated pics! Woot!