Members Rides Post Pictures of your car here. No Maxima? No problem.

Pics of my Max!

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 08:40 PM

Pics of my Max!

First and foremost, i don't really post a lot, but I read a lot of the posts on here and I get a lot of good info on here as well. With that being said, I am going to post pics of my Max, but I'm not expecting too many good reviews from some of the board members. If you don't like my car, I can accept constructive criticism, but I don't accept, nor tolerate general hate for general purpose. Enjoy!!!

Old 11-14-2008, 08:41 PM

Old 11-14-2008, 08:41 PM

Old 11-14-2008, 08:56 PM

looks great loviiiiin the color scheme btw where did you get your grill
Old 11-14-2008, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by fathom
looks great loviiiiin the color scheme btw where did you get your grill
I got it off of EBAY for about $127.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:06 PM
"Ok,Whats next?!?!"

not diggin your rims..

Grill looks good..

Trunk is kinda hot...lol.. Never seen it b4

is that an overlay or painted roof..either way looks amazing!!!

Overall man good job!!!!

welcome to the org!
Old 11-14-2008, 09:08 PM
Back in the Max

wow your car is beautiful, I miss my 6th gen.....

ps. you need to tripod those night pics...

Last edited by joeynym; 11-14-2008 at 09:11 PM.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:13 PM

yo honestly ****ing this is the DEFFINITION OF BEING DIFFERENT AND ACTUALLY LOOKING GOOD!!!!! you have a nice car the only thing i would add is do you think the alloy or silver part of your rims to paint that part white leave the black alone and i really would think your car is the ish!! also get into them headlights!! lol but good job
Old 11-14-2008, 09:27 PM

I'd say that's a pretty solid looking car if I do say so myself!

I love the roof but I think the trunk looks a little out of place but it at least flows well with the car
Old 11-14-2008, 09:36 PM
aka The Doom Ship

Love the whole setup. Well done!
Old 11-14-2008, 09:36 PM

the rims are kinda weird, but overall it looks hot!

Old 11-14-2008, 11:02 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Overall I like it very much. Black part of trunk is very cool mod but why not paint the whole trunk black? SE-R letters have to go, sorry. Black roof is cool and would go nicely with all black trunk and carbon fiber hood!! Rims are ok, maybe need to see them a bit clearer? The pic thats 4th from teh bottom is hot!! Good job. Lets hear more from ya too, eh?
Old 11-14-2008, 11:20 PM

the car looks amazing...i wonder how it would look with the trunk and spoiler all black as well. im going to say this since no one else has....it needs to be dropped..lol...its ok though...im not dropped either
Old 11-14-2008, 11:27 PM

The rims are nice where did you get them and $$$?
Old 11-15-2008, 12:46 AM

yeah, I'm not feeling the rims, but everything else looks good..
Old 11-15-2008, 05:06 AM

Love the look of the car but not the rims. I like where you are going with the trunk but it would look crazy if you painted the whole thing black, spoiler and all. then it would look like the whole center of the car is sleek.
Old 11-15-2008, 05:07 AM

If anyone could photoshop the trunk completely black to give us an idea. PLEASE!
Old 11-15-2008, 05:26 AM
Banned

loving the whole thing. back of it looks SICK!!!!

but plz plz get rid of those SE-R emblems.
Old 11-15-2008, 06:46 AM
Got Retrofit?

That thing is hot.
Old 11-15-2008, 07:33 AM

Its clean 4 sure. Not digging the rims though, and then you need a drop.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:19 AM

car looks good. not digging the wheels at all. take off the ser badge, you dont drive an altima you drive a maxima. put some nismo emblems on there if you have to have emblems buy i would take em off all togeather. CF hood FTW
Old 11-15-2008, 10:27 AM

92maxima92, I have a wholesale account so the wheels were around $470.

tigersharkdude & Tourgus, SE-R applies to more than one vehicle, no disrespect, but I like it, so the emblem stays.

Snyper & 6thGenSmoke, no dropping until I get all of my warranty out. I paid for a car with a warranty, and want to use all of it.

DeusExMaxima, Carbon Fiber? I can't stand the look of it, so those suggestions are out.

FastMax05, it's a painted roof as well as trunk.

I appreciate everyones comments and thanks for the constructive criticism.!
Old 11-15-2008, 11:43 AM
Bacon Lover

Other than the badges, I like it. I don't like randomly painted stuff, but yours isn't random one bit. It's a good scheme and I think you really pulled it off well!
Old 11-15-2008, 11:51 AM
You embarrass me.

Originally Posted by cineMAX
tigersharkdude & Tourgus, SE-R applies to more than one vehicle, no disrespect, but I like it, so the emblem stays.
There is no such thing as a Maxima SE-R. It's called fake badging. Most people won't realize it, but Maxima enthustiasts do.

Other than the wheels and the badging, the car looks good.
Old 11-15-2008, 01:40 PM

very clean.. minus the badges
Old 11-15-2008, 02:23 PM

so i guess wrx owners can put STi badge on their cars, v6 mustangs can put GT badge on their cars and other maximas and sentras can put GT-R badge on their cars cause it looks cool huh?

there is no such thing as an SE-R maxima. if you want an SE-R model, u shouldn't of bought a maxima. if u like how cool that looks go ahead keep it, see if i care, but your really just lying about your car which makes you look like an idiot.
Old 11-15-2008, 03:07 PM

looks sweet
Old 11-15-2008, 07:46 PM

nice, looks like you need some wheel spacers though
Old 11-15-2008, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by G4nismo
so i guess wrx owners can put STi badge on their cars, v6 mustangs can put GT badge on their cars and other maximas and sentras can put GT-R badge on their cars cause it looks cool huh?
At least it's not GT-R but it's a 4DSC however...
Old 11-15-2008, 08:36 PM

Looks nice man...
Old 11-15-2008, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by G4nismo
if u like how cool that looks go ahead keep it, see if i care, but your really just lying about your car which makes you look like an idiot.

How old are you? You didn't have to post in this thread. Nobody is forcing you to like my car. True, there is no such thing as an SE-
R Maxima, but I don't understand why it gets under everyone's skin. You sound like a fifth grader: "see if I care"? Man, you don't know the first thing about me so keep the "idiot" comments to yourself. All I ask for is common courtesy. Constructive criticism is fine, but calling someone an idiot doesn't fall within those parameters. How can I fake badge something that doesn't EXIST? To anyone that's offended by my badging, please just skip past my car and find something else to occupy your time.

To everyone else who said "I don't like the badges", I can deal with that and any of the above comments are not directed towards you.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:22 PM

Nicely done! It goes together very well.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:32 PM

i like it man, i would get different sportier wheels, i think a black hood would look nice whether if be CF or something else, if not that, are 6th gen headlights capable of being "AE'd"? i think that would set it off nicely, but hey, it looks good to me. dont change a single thing about that trunk!!! i think it looks hott as is...the color scheme that is
Old 11-16-2008, 06:43 AM
Banned

How old are you? You didn't have to post in this thread. Nobody is forcing you to like my car. True, there is no such thing as an SE-
R Maxima, but I don't understand why it gets under everyone's skin. You sound like a fifth grader: "see if I care"? Man, you don't know the first thing about me so keep the "idiot" comments to yourself. All I ask for is common courtesy. Constructive criticism is fine, but calling someone an idiot doesn't fall within those parameters. How can I fake badge something that doesn't EXIST? To anyone that's offended by my badging, please just skip past my car and find something else to occupy your time.

To everyone else who said "I don't like the badges", I can deal with that and any of the above comments are not directed towards you.
i think the reason people get annoyed/dislike it, is it just has nothing to do with a maxima. i'v see alot of 6th gen guys do it and i don't get it. Possibly some of it is the 6th gen guys are new to modding cars and don't understand how you're looked at when you put badges on your car that don't belong. It's been a cardinal sin since the 60s. It's just as bad as a GTR emblem etc. and SE-Rs come from LOWER END model nissans. It's like having a mustang cobra an putting GT badges all over it. If you're a car person you would notice it. if not, then probably not.

Imagine this someone innocently asking you if they make an SE-R maxima, from looking at yours, and you have to either one lie or two say you stole it off an altima/sentra. which is worse? and when they ask you why you stole it off an altima/sentra what's your answer?

Also an SE-R Altima in terms of performance/style > 6th gen stock for stock.

I personally think it doesn't belong on there any more then a GTR or nismo sticker does. i Let nismo stickers slide because it's more like showing support for nissan motor sports international which i can dig...sorta...it's like having a nascar sticker on your car. tacky but ok to a degree...

at the end of the day it's your car and if you like it that's all that matters.like most of the people in this thread i think the car looks great. but the stickers need to go.
Old 11-16-2008, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Torgus
i've seen a lot of 6th gen guys do it and i don't get it. SE-Rs come from LOWER END model nissans. It's like having a mustang cobra an putting GT badges all over it. If you're a car person you would notice it. if not, then probably not.

Imagine this someone innocently asking you if they make an SE-R maxima, from looking at yours, and you have to either one lie or two say you stole it off an altima/sentra. which is worse? and when they ask you why you stole it off an altima/sentra what's your answer?

at the end of the day it's your car and if you like it that's all that matters.like most of the people in this thread i think the car looks great. but the stickers need to go.
I am a car person. The SE-R nameplate is given to the Sentra and Altima once the base model has been upgraded from the stock suspension, wheels, horsepower, spoilers, and badging. When someone asks me about my car, I tell them It's MY own creation. I didn't steal anything. I'm just following the same formula that Nissan did. When Yenko took stock Camaros and added their own stripes and nameplates, that was frowned upon, but now Yenkos are some of the most coveted cars around. Had Nissan have made an R version, you can't tell me that the same people that are so bothered by that little red R on my decklid, wouldn't be the first to buy one. I am not offended by your post, I just wanted to answer the questions you asked. Trust me, I've seen plenty of cars on here the have gone way past the mark and I know you've seen them too. That little R ain't hurting nobody and it was a lot less financially than some of the monstrosities that surface in these threads. I keep my mouth shut because that's that person's car. I comment on what I like, and I keep everything else to myself. To me, that's courtesy.

I do like you though because you weren't attacking me or being antagonizing. If we ever cross paths at a meet or something, the first round is on me!
Old 11-16-2008, 03:26 PM

nice setup minus the wheels. man a maxima wearing an SE-R badge is like a BMW 750 wearing a 325i badge
Old 11-16-2008, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by kencapel
man a maxima wearing an SE-R badge is like a BMW 750 wearing a 325i badge
Huh? That is not a good comparison, imo.

To the OP: I'm not a big fan of 6th gens, but I like the way yours looks, actually. I like the 6.5gen redesign better than the first 6th gen.
Old 11-16-2008, 04:49 PM

its different and you pulled it off. well done
Old 11-16-2008, 05:58 PM

Just to satisfy my own curiosity who's the handicap parking tag for?
Old 11-16-2008, 06:16 PM

Except for the wheels i think your car looks hawt man! I'm definitely diggin the black on the trunk and the black roof. At first i thought it was an overlay until i read the other post. Nice job man.

Quick Reply: Pics of my Max!