Members Rides Post Pictures of your car here. No Maxima? No problem.

Pics of my Max!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by AEMAXIMA01
Huh? That is not a good comparison, imo.

To the OP: I'm not a big fan of 6th gens, but I like the way yours looks, actually. I like the 6.5gen redesign better than the first 6th gen.
probably cuz you dont even know the difference between an 3 series or a 7 series. thats leads me to belive you dont know the difference between SE-R and 4DSC so you'd do the same thing i probably.
Old 11-16-2008, 11:13 PM

looks nice
Old 11-17-2008, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by kencapel
probably cuz you dont even know the difference between an 3 series or a 7 series. thats leads me to belive you dont know the difference between SE-R and 4DSC so you'd do the same thing i probably.
Yea, ok. So because you don't even know me you assume I know nothing about cars? The difference between a 3 and 7 series is obvious. A 750 wearing M badging would be a similar comparison, not a 750 wearing a 325. It's just not a good comparison. And I have no idea what the difference is between SE-R and 4DSC? Way to make an argument w/ absolutely no credibility. I have owned two maximas since 2003, and I consider myself fairly knowledgeable about cars. I know the difference between SE-R and 4DSC. The maxima is not a 4DSC, anyway. And no, I would NOT do the same thing. I'm not a fan of putting badges and such on cars, but to each his own. My car is completely stock except for the foglight re-wire. I love the way my car looks as it is.
Old 11-17-2008, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by AEMAXIMA01
Yea, ok. So because you don't even know me you assume I know nothing about cars? The difference between a 3 and 7 series is obvious. A 750 wearing M badging would be a similar comparison, not a 750 wearing a 325. It's just not a good comparison. And I have no idea what the difference is between SE-R and 4DSC? Way to make an argument w/ absolutely no credibility.
AEMAXIMAo1, don't pay that guy any attention. ANYBODY THAT KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT MAXIMAS SHOULD KNOW THAT THE MAX HAS BEEN KNOWN AS THE "FOUR DOOR SPORTS CAR" SINCE 1989! Go to youtube and look at the commercial for the '09 MAX. THEY CALL IT THE FOUR DOOR SPORTS CAR ON THE COMMERCIAL! THE DECAL EVEN MADE ITS RETURN THIS YEAR! I guess that the people at NISSAN don't know what they are talking about either. . . .

Matter of fact, here's the link so that HE CAN SEE the commercial for himself:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rQFQKWfSdQ

And, just to show that I'm not just talking out the side of my neck, here's the 1990 Maxima 4DSC commercial:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRI-Ntc9BpA
Old 11-18-2008, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by zero2sixtyZ
There is no such thing as a Maxima SE-R. It's called fake badging.
Wow.... your parents must be proud of your high intellect.

I say, if he likes and pays for it then keep the badge. Its not your standard type of maxima that you can buy off the showroom floor.
Old 11-23-2008, 05:00 PM

despite everyone else's critisims about ur badge 'SE-R' on ur maxima, i would be the first one to tell u that I LIKE IT! most ppl dont get the fact that the little R after the SE is added after some upgrades like u mentioned and signifies 'Racing'... some are comparing it to other badges like GT-R, mustangs GT, STi and whatever else ppl mentioned. since ur car is a SE trim(or that i hope) and u decided to upgrade it by adding some customs than i think ur good wih adding that 'R' right next to ur trim!!! besides that i have to say that i dont agree with adding 'SE-R' to a SL trim maxima unless that person is unique and creates a 'SL-R' badge (just like the benz for those who wanna know n are ready to say something to someone who actually pulls it off)... so to me it is what it is and u should feel good about it.