Members Rides Post Pictures of your car here. No Maxima? No problem.

MIDN1TE REBORN!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 07:36 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by MidN1te
hahaha.. oh believe me.. i'm used to it...She's actually an import model.. these pics dont do her justice at all.. it was like like 40 something degrees out and so it had to be quick..

she models alot for my s2000 when we go to car shows and hot import nights so this happens all the time
Then you should definitely post some pics that do her justice

Originally Posted by Scottwax
Not like a pro, detailing has been my only source of income more than 15 years now.

Tomorrow I have an E46 330 coupe with the 10 spoke M wheels to clean. 10 friggin' spokes with a 1/4" slot in between each spoke. Ugh.
That sounds like fun!......I wish I could join you. (note sarcasm)

Originally Posted by rroderiques77
Although I am not a fan of chrome, it nicely complements yours.
+1 for headlights!!
I am in the same boat, typically not a big fan of chrome, but I do really like it on your car.

I am also not a big fan of the wind deflectors or the upper grille. The color of the grille seems to stand out a bit too much. If you painted it black I think it would look pretty sweet though.

Are those yellow bulbs is the side markers? They look like it in a couple pics and i dont think they go with the rest of the car. If you tried to match the headlight color, it would flow much better.

Granted, these are all very minor things that I mentioned and they are my opinions. So dont take me wrong.....I think your car is absolutely gorgeous. Great work and really nice pictures!
Old 11-24-2009, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by kgallerie
Then you should definitely post some pics that do her justice

That sounds like fun!......I wish I could join you. (note sarcasm)

I am in the same boat, typically not a big fan of chrome, but I do really like it on your car.

I am also not a big fan of the wind deflectors or the upper grille. The color of the grille seems to stand out a bit too much. If you painted it black I think it would look pretty sweet though.

Are those yellow bulbs is the side markers? They look like it in a couple pics and i dont think they go with the rest of the car. If you tried to match the headlight color, it would flow much better.

Granted, these are all very minor things that I mentioned and they are my opinions. So dont take me wrong.....I think your car is absolutely gorgeous. Great work and really nice pictures!
Hey thanks!

The lights are on and the bulbs are yellow because of legal purposes.. around where i'm at in VA, they are VERY strict so if i get smoked or clear lenses, they have to be amber bulbs.. the same goes for the rear tail lights... but when they are off you can't tell.. all you see is just the smoked out markers.

I just called my painter and said the grill is gonna be ready tomorrow...then its just swapping those...

Honestly the reason why i got the bug deflector and sun roof was the match the rear IONIC dynamics rear window spoiler thing.. which was also painted to match the car.. so i just thought they all went along with each other..

but side rain guards i do keep just to roll down the windows on those days i dont wanna use my ac for defrost in the rain hahaha..

I'll be taking more pics with the new grill and the bug deflector and sun roof wind deflector removed..

the rest will def stay though..
Old 11-24-2009, 07:59 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I think using a true amber bulb might look better in the side markers. I think its the shade of yellow that i dont like. They kind of remind me of the stock fog bulb color.

I think the painted grille will look great! I hope it comes out how you planned.

And about the wind deflectors....as you said its your DD. Dont give up the things that make it comfortable to drive every day just for looks.

One thought on the tail lights....maybe lightly smoke the clear part to match the smoked side markers.

Like previously said, its your car. Opinions are like a**holes, everyone has one. Since its your car, yours is the only one that counts.

But again, great job on the car. It looks great.

Last edited by vball_max; 11-24-2009 at 10:41 AM.
Old 11-24-2009, 08:13 AM

but side rain guards i do keep just to roll down the windows on those days i dont wanna use my ac for defrost in the rain hahaha..
No denying that rain guards serve their purpose. It's the look that's odd. You see rain guards and bug shields on old Cadillacs. All you need now is a tissue box in the rear deck, and maybe a pair of snazzy plastic sunglasses...

Geeze, that was brutal. But I couldn't resist...
Old 11-24-2009, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by AEMAXIMA01
Looks alright, not a huge fan of the grille or the tailights. I thought we had a member's ride section....
im sure the mods will move it..
Old 11-24-2009, 09:06 AM

She's actually an import model.. these pics dont do her justice at all.
lucky man !!!!
Old 11-24-2009, 09:08 AM
Turbo'd Saab

Lose the grilles...

Other then that its pretty good.
Old 11-24-2009, 09:12 AM

The rain guards are weathertech.. very sleek... and i'm on the Tien Htechs with stock shocks... i used to have the Stechs on my old maxima.. looked sick but rode like doodoo..

Irish actually convinced me to go with Htechs and said they would be perfect for my daily driving and looks.. he was right

Thanks man. I think that pretty much made mind with what springs to go with
Old 11-24-2009, 09:27 AM

I just called my painter and said the grill is gonna be ready tomorrow...then its just swapping those...
cant wait to see..

its going to flow so much more now,..

side ?'s--did you black out your window trim.. i cant tell...
Old 11-24-2009, 09:49 AM

real nice max! super clean! love that color and ur mods, beautiful girl u have there too.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:17 AM

Looks sick, i actually like those tailights, great job.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:45 AM

looks sickkk! i wish mine was this clean :|

im beginning to like this color..
Old 11-24-2009, 12:17 PM

This max should be the Maxima of the month. LOLLLL
Old 11-24-2009, 01:24 PM

Since some of you mentioned the clear spoiler brake light, does anyone know where to get a hold of one? i've been thinking about it for a while, but never come across one?
And seeing those pictures make me realize, I don't have the car nor the girl to post on this forum. HAHAHAHA. what I meant was VERY NICE LOOKING CARS.
Old 11-24-2009, 02:03 PM

Excellent! Have you thought of installing an underbody light kit?
Old 11-24-2009, 02:07 PM

:matt93se:

Originally Posted by 808MAX-SPEC
Excellent! Have you thought of installing an underbody light kit?
Old 11-24-2009, 02:35 PM
My axles cry for mercy...

HAHAHAH YOU! you inspired me man.....i just wanted to stay with 18's..

when i first was looking for wheels... i saw these and saw ones on tirerack.. i posted in the washington DC area thread on making a choice and everyone said get the tenzo's... then someone showed me a pic of your car.. and i said.. DEAL..

I thank you especially for that
no problem man. The car looks good. I love that blue. Keep it clean.
Old 11-24-2009, 05:48 PM

Thanks follks.. Sorry if i posted in the wrong place. More than welcome to move it

The painter said the grille will be done tomorrow, and i took off the Top wind deflector, and the bug deflector.

you guys were right.. its SO much sleeker and cleaner looking!!!!

i'm gonna update with pics and hopefully yall approve
Old 11-24-2009, 07:03 PM

Thanks follks.. Sorry if i posted in the wrong place. More than welcome to move it

The painter said the grille will be done tomorrow, and i took off the Top wind deflector, and the bug deflector.

you guys were right.. its SO much sleeker and cleaner looking!!!!

i'm gonna update with pics and hopefully yall approve
Nice. Looking forward to the new pictures. Although now I feel guilty and mean , but if it made you ditch that bug shield, I'll learn to live with myself.

Take some outdoor shots before the snow flies.
Old 11-24-2009, 07:26 PM

I wish i could remove the sunroof wind deflector, it has destroyed the paint below it so the car looks like crap if I take it off...course it looks like crap with it on too
Old 11-24-2009, 07:57 PM

now you need some tips for the exhaust.... someone post some pics of theirs on their rear lips...trust me .. lol
Old 11-24-2009, 08:35 PM

Car looks absolutely stunning man! Good job, can't wait for the next set of pictures!
Old 11-25-2009, 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by Rochester
Nice. Looking forward to the new pictures. Although now I feel guilty and mean , but if it made you ditch that bug shield, I'll learn to live with myself.

Take some outdoor shots before the snow flies.
lol... no i knew of this already before i put them on. But why i did it? i thought i'd give it a shot... besides.. my cousin has a 2003 majestic maxima and she likes those things.. so they will go to her

But already the car looks SO much cleaner... just waiting for that dawgon grill and i think friday is when were gonna do the photo shoot..
Old 11-25-2009, 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by Christobal65
I wish i could remove the sunroof wind deflector, it has destroyed the paint below it so the car looks like crap if I take it off...course it looks like crap with it on too
funny you should mention that. I noticed there was a "wet" spot underneath the rubber but luckily it dried up so no issue.
Old 11-25-2009, 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by mist max2000
now you need some tips for the exhaust.... someone post some pics of theirs on their rear lips...trust me .. lol
lol.. yes! Since Dec is right around the corner, my money is going to presents.. but in january i'm buying the intake, nwp spacers, obx headers, test pipe and hks exhaust ...

i'll be taking pics of that setup as well..

The next step is most likely either getting the reflash from technosquare first or the Valve body mod... both are equally important.. but i'm probably gonna do the reflash to finish off all those mods..

then do that tranny right after that and i'll be taking it easy until i do..

This thursday or friday, i'll be installing the polyeurethane mounts i ordered.
Old 11-25-2009, 07:00 AM
Demodded and Forgotten

lol.. yes! Since Dec is right around the corner, my money is going to presents.. but in january i'm buying the intake, nwp spacers, obx headers, test pipe and hks exhaust ...

i'll be taking pics of that setup as well..

The next step is most likely either getting the reflash from technosquare first or the Valve body mod... both are equally important.. but i'm probably gonna do the reflash to finish off all those mods..

then do that tranny right after that and i'll be taking it easy until i do..

This thursday or friday, i'll be installing the polyeurethane mounts i ordered.
Just FYI, the flash should be done after mods, i.e. headers. Installing headers will change AFR, thus interfering with the parameters of the reflash.
Old 11-25-2009, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by rroderiques77
Just FYI, the flash should be done after mods, i.e. headers. Installing headers will change AFR, thus interfering with the parameters of the reflash.
OMG, yes. I freaked when I read you wanted the ECU tune before your engine mods.

Do your intake, headers/exhaust, spacer and VIAS-delete mods ONE AT A TIME, MidN1te, with some breathing room between them to shake things out. It's a great way to be sensitized to the changes. And then when you're done and settled in, go for the ECU flash.

Nobody's got a gun to your head to rush through these things. Take it or leave it, but that's my best advice.
Old 11-25-2009, 07:35 AM
Demodded and Forgotten

OMG, yes. I freaked when I read you wanted the ECU tune before your engine mods.

Do your intake, headers/exhaust, spacer and VIAS-delete mods ONE AT A TIME, MidN1te, with some breathing room between them to shake things out. It's a great way to be sensitized to the changes. And then when you're done and settled in, go for the ECU flash.

Nobody's got a gun to your head to rush through these things. Take it or leave it, but that's my best advice.
on that. Gotta enjoy every change separately. Otherwise you may not appreciate things as much. I know it sounds , but it's the truth.
Old 11-25-2009, 08:01 AM

Are you going to install all the mods by yourself?
Old 11-25-2009, 08:17 AM

huh? no BEFORE the Tranny Vavled body mod... but AFTER the bolt ons...
Old 11-25-2009, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by The6spdMax
Are you going to install all the mods by yourself?
I was thinking about it... but i didnt have the tools... i'm actually thinking of buying the air compressor and the impact wrench and air ratchet and stuff and thinking of tackling it myself..

i usually do all my own work and i'm a certified mechanic but not having the right tools really makes things difficult
Old 11-25-2009, 08:28 AM

huh? no BEFORE the Tranny Vavled body mod... but AFTER the bolt ons...
Oh. I think Roy and I both misinterpreted your post.

Um... carry on, Citizen. Nothing to see here.
Old 11-25-2009, 10:13 AM

clear sidemarkers with led lights and clear tailight and youll be set! car looks nice
Old 11-25-2009, 02:52 PM

Wow... replaced the front and rear Motor mounts with the polyuerethane ones.. JEEZ i can tell a HUGE difference... car just GOES lol..no delay!
Old 11-25-2009, 03:31 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Wow it looks fantastic! I think what I like the most is you took the time to find some nice locations to snap the photos. Very classy.
Old 11-25-2009, 03:35 PM

One of the best max on this site nice
Old 11-25-2009, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Tyrone
One of the best max on this site nice
..................................... o.k the man's maxima looks great, but dont you think your kinda pushing it???... i like it too, but ill let you slide cause ur new
Old 11-25-2009, 04:04 PM

Wow... replaced the front and rear Motor mounts with the polyuerethane ones.. JEEZ i can tell a HUGE difference... car just GOES lol..no delay!
You did that today, MidN1te? Ni-i-i-ce.

It totally transforms the car, doesn't it?

Enjoy, man. Enjoy.
Old 11-25-2009, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Grand_hustle17
..................................... o.k the man's maxima looks great, but dont you think your kinda pushing it???... i like it too, but ill let you slide cause ur new

its the wifey....wifey makes it all look good lol
Old 11-25-2009, 04:26 PM

why do i feel like i also need the Eye lids?

does anyone know where to get the Flat ones? not the ones that comes up about 2 mm? dont like those very much

Quick Reply: MIDN1TE REBORN!!!!