Members Rides Post Pictures of your car here. No Maxima? No problem.

So i just lowered my maxima AGAIN AHAHAHAH Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 08:50 PM

Been away for a few days, looks like more of the same real vs fake who's got the least offset d!ck measuring in here. Only useful piece of information I found was going to solid mounts may help keep axles under the car.

@ Clashez sayings ...

Last edited by MoncefA33; 08-15-2011 at 08:52 PM.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:59 PM
Gram Lights addict

Originally Posted by MoncefA33
Been away for a few days, looks like more of the same real vs fake who's got the least offset d!ck measuring in here. Only useful piece of information I found was going to solid mounts may help keep axles under the car.

@ Clashez sayings ...

I'm just here to collect that oozing cv axle juice. I heard it gets recycled for $5 an oz.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:38 PM

lmao^....
Old 08-15-2011, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by QT1 5MT AE
Clashez, most of my previous post was directed towards OP and his habit of calling everyone a hater. you clearly did not read essential's post carefully. . his stance is perfection, from the poke to the streth to the drop, its neither overdone nor under, both of which are easier put together. If you look at his rear fender, he also had to roll the lip out.

He does have a very nice fitment...But in the stance world there is always a way to go aggressive am i not right....but its up to the owner.

Originally Posted by essential1
So buying wheels used automatically means that you didn't put together your wheel and tire combo?

I bought his wheels because they were the right size and offset I was lookin for. Wheel fitment is different between 4th and 5th gens. Throw in the fact that i30 fenders are different from Maxima fenders, and Tire size is different from what he had on there too. I consider that putting together my own setup.

I'm not saying I'm the king of fitment around here. But I can say that I know more than most around here when it comes to the subject and have the car to prove it. Also, I was among the first few on here to do it before it became the latest fad...

Also after years of riding on the same exact setup, I still have the most flush setup on the org....

Oh yea, And I never posted a "will this fit" thread. Or asked if anyone has done it before.

i never asked no one myself..

My fenders are far from stock young grasshopper. There was quite a bit of rolling, pulling, banging, cutting, smoothing, etc to make it so that I can daily drive the car with literally 0 rubbing issues. Im flush and I can still ride with passengers in the back. Trust me, I did not just throw the wheels on and call it a day. The fender was literally sitting on the tire when I first test fitted them....

Try again.
same problem myself i had to roll the rears and pull the **** out of them....i literally used two phone book on the rear..just jacked her up an dropped it on them.....the fronts did the same....surprisingly the fronts fit better then the rear sitting at 2.75 degrees camber...the rears im going to find a way to camber them..i cant though ride with any passengers at all!Well just no fat people lol..

[QUOTE=essential1;8164966]And one more thing, I will gladly pay more for a used set of real wheels, than pay $500 for a new set of fake wheels....

Not hating on xxrs at all by the way. Get whatever makes you happy. But I personally wouldn't roll on a set of them.[/QUOTe

there is alot of drifters that ride on xxr's i think they are pretty durable! Some of the wheels they make are not even copies of others, some are though

Last edited by NmexMAX; 08-18-2011 at 10:37 AM.
Old 08-16-2011, 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by Clashez
So buying wheels used automatically means that you didn't put together your wheel and tire combo?

I bought his wheels because they were the right size and offset I was lookin for. Wheel fitment is different between 4th and 5th gens. Throw in the fact that i30 fenders are different from Maxima fenders, and Tire size is different from what he had on there too. I consider that putting together my own setup.

I'm not saying I'm the king of fitment around here. But I can say that I know more than most around here when it comes to the subject and have the car to prove it. Also, I was among the first few on here to do it before it became the latest fad...

Also after years of riding on the same exact setup, I still have the most flush setup on the org....

you should be shot for this sexy pic, my point was that i could buy a new set of xxr's for the price u paid for yours used...right and thats not counting the tires. essentialy you did kind of just slap the wheels on thier cuz u got the set up like that. Thier was no work involed puting that togethier.
I'm not trying to discredit you in no way, i'm sure u know alot about this stance stuff.
you are dumb as ***, seriously...with your thoughts what you are saying is that everyone should take measurements and get custom fitted wheels per application, because 'just buying wheels' anywhere, according to your stupid *** thoughts, means that "no work involed puting that togethier". you offer nothing to this forum, but stupidity

And one more thing, I will gladly pay more for a used set of real wheels, than pay $500 for a new set of fake wheels....

Not hating on xxrs at all by the way. Get whatever makes you happy. But I personally wouldn't roll on a set of them.
thats what i've been saying all this time. everyone gets so bent out of shape because someone isnt riding on real wheels...why is it your concern? its not YOUR car, let the owner be if he wants to ride fake wheels.

I'm just here to collect that oozing cv axle juice. I heard it gets recycled for $5 an oz.
you wont get any from me..DSS axles ftw
Old 08-16-2011, 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by simpleNclean
same problem myself i had to roll the rears and pull the **** out of them....i literally used two phone book on the rear..just jacked her up an dropped it on them.....the fronts did the same....surprisingly the fronts fit better then the rear sitting at 2.75 degrees camber...the rears im going to find a way to camber them..i cant though ride with any passengers at all!Well just no fat people lol..
i wish i had two phone books...i thought those phone books/books would have given me more pull than it did..but it didnt..i need to 'repull' my front fenders right now
Old 08-16-2011, 06:16 AM

jesus some of you need to really learn what stance is all about. I didnt know buying a set of used wheels means you didnt put in work.

I would rather buy used real wheels than new fake wheels. You guys need to learn outside of this forum and a 240/civic forums people laugh at fake wheels. You dont get "respect" with fakes.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:24 AM

you get looks/respect w/ your setup though. clashez is the dumb one saying buying used wheels means you didnt put in work, then again he's a stripper, he's as dumb as the pole he uses, pause...***! pause
Old 08-16-2011, 06:26 AM

Pause.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:27 AM

i already said pause...FYI..wheres the pause for your avy...
Old 08-16-2011, 06:29 AM
dot dot dot ...

Originally Posted by Crusher103

You dont get "respect" with fakes.
Better MPG's + respect + more whp = FTW.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:29 AM

thats why i was pausin'
Old 08-16-2011, 06:31 AM

*doesnt prepare anus*

Old 08-16-2011, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by Crusher103
jesus some of you need to really learn what stance is all about. I didnt know buying a set of used wheels means you didnt put in work.

I would rather buy used real wheels than new fake wheels. You guys need to learn outside of this forum and a 240/civic forums people laugh at fake wheels. You dont get "respect" with fakes.

i agree with you a 100 percent crusher fake wheels you will get laughed at.... But nobody wass laughing at the xxr 521's 526 527....those wheels are pretty popular now-a-days! im just saying they are pretty badass for what the price is...Where i live you will be dum to rock 3k wheels..that shyt will be gone in a heartbeat!
Old 08-16-2011, 09:09 AM
Gram Lights addict

lol @ phonebooking the fenders. lawls

Originally Posted by phatboislim
*doesnt prepare anus*

says the guy with purple wheels that scream "im a pretty boy, come do me"

Old 08-16-2011, 09:31 AM

meh
Old 08-16-2011, 09:53 AM

lol @ phonebooking the fenders. lawls
in order to pull your fenders, thats what you need to do, what's funny about that? its just another technique to fit your wheel setup

says the guy with purple wheels that scream "im a pretty boy, come do me"
Old 08-16-2011, 05:49 PM
Gram Lights addict

in order to pull your fenders, thats what you need to do, what's funny about that? its just another technique to fit your wheel setup

the only time phonebook and auto-mechanics go hand in hand is when you want to find a local shop

in case you didn't know, they make an actual tool for this..

id rather have OEM lips on stock wheels than botox disaster jenna jameson style lips on poked wheels. but thats just me

Last edited by QT1 5MT AE; 08-16-2011 at 05:52 PM.
Old 08-16-2011, 05:56 PM

id rather have OEM lips on stock wheels than botox disaster jenna jameson style lips on poked wheels. but thats just me
@ jenna jameson style lips... then again, which lips were you referring to?
Old 08-16-2011, 06:00 PM

the only time phonebook and auto-mechanics go hand in hand is when you want to find a local shop

thats how you roll fenders, not pull them, in case you didn't know what that actual tool is.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:02 PM
Gram Lights addict

Originally Posted by T_Behr904
@ jenna jameson style lips... then again, which lips were you referring to?
her upper lips are the ones that are phonebook beat, the lower lips got beat up using the "baseball bat" method

thats how you roll fenders, not pull them, in case you didn't know what that actual tool is.

it pulls as well, hence why the lenght is adjustable. I've used this myself with success.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:03 PM
Banned

So i'm trying to figure out what size to got with on a set of 18x10's all around
on my current 18x7.5's i have 235/40/18's and their new so i was thinking to go with those but can figure out how they would fit in my head. the other size i came up with is 225/40/18's ....thoughts any one

Last edited by Clashez; 08-16-2011 at 06:10 PM.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:07 PM

her upper lips are the ones that are phonebook beat, the lower lips got beat up using the "baseball bat" method
Old 08-16-2011, 06:13 PM
Gram Lights addict

So i'm trying to figure out what size to got with on a set of 18x10's all around
on my current 18x7.5's i have 235/40/18's and their new so i was thinking to go with those but can figure out how they would fit in my head. the other size i came up with is 225/40/18's ....thoughts any one
same wheel all around will not do it on a maxima. 4th and 5th require a 1" difference on top of a 10mm offest difference. IE (18x9 +30 18x10 +40)

here is how 245/40 would look on 18x10. decide for yourself

Last edited by QT1 5MT AE; 08-16-2011 at 06:16 PM.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:14 PM
Banned

Clashez, most of my previous post was directed towards OP and his habit of calling everyone a hater. you clearly did not read essential's post carefully. . his stance is perfection, from the poke to the streth to the drop, its neither overdone nor under, both of which are easier put together. If you look at his rear fender, he also had to roll the lip out.
My fenders are far from stock young grasshopper. There was quite a bit of rolling, pulling, banging, cutting, smoothing, etc to make it so that I can daily drive the car with literally 0 rubbing issues. Im flush and I can still ride with passengers in the back. Trust me, I did not just throw the wheels on and call it a day. The fender was literally sitting on the tire when I first test fitted them....

Try again.
And one more thing, I will gladly pay more for a used set of real wheels, than pay $500 for a new set of fake wheels....

Not hating on xxrs at all by the way. Get whatever makes you happy. But I personally wouldn't roll on a set of them.
I was drunk just talking sheeet...lol we all know you are stance king essential
Old 08-16-2011, 06:16 PM

Those Falken FK-452's are great tires. I cornered the eff outta the last set I had on my other car
Old 08-16-2011, 06:20 PM
Banned

So you think a 235/40 would be to much strech and you say that i would need to do a x9 up front and the x 10 in the rear with the 10mm space in F or R

Ok the wheel im looking at are 18x10 [+25mm]offset 3.5" lip ... so i would have to do a 5mm spacer up front and a 15mm in the back if i did 18x10 all around

the only other size would be 18x8.5 +25mm offset with a 1.75" lip

Old 08-16-2011, 06:59 PM
My axles cry for mercy...

same wheel all around will not do it on a maxima. 4th and 5th require a 1" difference on top of a 10mm offest difference. IE (18x9 +30 18x10 +40)

[IMG]sxyazzpik[/IMG]
Just to add more to what you said, this is considering that rolling and pulling is the only thing done to the fenders. Of course, if REAL fender work is done, the possibilities are endless. But this is the org, and chances are the most we will use are phonebooks, baseball bats, hammers, and at the most, a good old eastwood fender roller.
Old 08-16-2011, 07:33 PM
Gram Lights addict

Originally Posted by T_Behr904
Those Falken FK-452's are great tires. I cornered the eff outta the last set I had on my other car
they're a good bang for the buck, still liked toyo's T1r better because of traction and weight differences

I was drunk just talking sheeet...lol we all know you are stance king essential

only girls are allowed to blame it on the aa aaa aaalcohol.

Ok the wheel im looking at are 18x10 [+25mm]offset 3.5" lip ... so i would have to do a 5mm spacer up front and a 15mm in the back if i did 18x10 all around

the only other size would be 18x8.5 +25mm offset with a 1.75" lip
or you could do none front and 10 in the back. there is a dozen factors involved for me or anyone else to tell you what to buy. it boils down to your personal prefrence. what i can tell you is that the fitment i told you is for 4th but 5th is pretty similar with bigger wheel wells.

Just to add more to what you said, this is considering that rolling and pulling is the only thing done to the fenders. Of course, if REAL fender work is done, the possibilities are endless. But this is the org, and chances are the most we will use are phonebooks, baseball bats, hammers, and at the most, a good old eastwood fender roller.
yes indeed, nax's car was a great example. now they're gonna hold you accountable when they come back with cracked fenders with two phone books sandwitched in between

Last edited by QT1 5MT AE; 08-16-2011 at 07:36 PM.
Old 08-17-2011, 04:32 AM

it pulls as well, hence why the lenght is adjustable. I've used this myself with success.
i wasnt aware of that
Old 08-17-2011, 11:20 AM
Banned

or you could do none front and 10 in the back. there is a dozen factors involved for me or anyone else to tell you what to buy. it boils down to your personal prefrence. what i can tell you is that the fitment i told you is for 4th but 5th is pretty similar with bigger wheel wells.
I figuared that i would need more a strech up front so i won't rub. I'm going to be droped like 2''
Old 08-17-2011, 11:47 AM

I figuared that i would need more a strech up front so i won't rub. I'm going to be droped like 2''
From my experience i would go 225/35 or 40 up front and 235 or 225 35 in the back

If your not that low you can go with the 40's but if you want more clearance 35 would be better

And by the way a tyre stretch guru said the smaller the sidewall when stretched it will drop the car a lilttle more
Old 08-17-2011, 02:14 PM

my buddy who had a 4th gen went to a shop where they had this tool and they said they couldnt do the rear..... sounds true???... i felt like they didnt wanna do it
Old 08-17-2011, 02:53 PM
My axles cry for mercy...

Originally Posted by Grand_hustle17
my buddy who had a 4th gen went to a shop where they had this tool and they said they couldnt do the rear..... sounds true???... i felt like they didnt wanna do it
False. Ive used one myself for the rear.
Old 08-18-2011, 03:21 PM

i kinda figured cause maximas arent the only cars eith that bump... i told him i felt like the didnt want to do it... the co owner only mess with ppl with reall VIP cars n kinda dont wanna associate with the regular... i dont mess with the guy
Old 08-18-2011, 04:23 PM
Banned

From my experience i would go 225/35 or 40 up front and 235 or 225 35 in the back

If your not that low you can go with the 40's but if you want more clearance 35 would be better

And by the way a tyre stretch guru said the smaller the sidewall when stretched it will drop the car a lilttle more
I was think about 35 in the front and 40's in the back on a 2 inch drop. Til i get coilovers, Another thing i want to do on my set-up not crazy low and a simply roll and pull on the fenders, just low enought that i don't have to take that plastic stuff out my wheel wells too..
Old 08-19-2011, 12:49 PM

I've been thinking about rebarrelling my wheels and this combo came to mind, but I'm still debating if I'm going to spend money on rebarrelling them I might as well go crazy and get something more reputable for the type of wheels I have...
Old 08-20-2011, 08:30 AM

Well just to warn who ever tries to pull the fenders the front where the bumper meets the fender will want to cave in
Old 08-20-2011, 08:42 AM

Well just to warn who ever tries to pull the fenders the front where the bumper meets the fender will want to cave in
I'm sure you'll get it figured out.
Old 08-20-2011, 09:18 AM

heres a video of the cars and coffee meet and cruise

Quick Reply: So i just lowered my maxima AGAIN AHAHAHAH Part 2