Members Rides Post Pictures of your car here. No Maxima? No problem.

The MR2 Build

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2014, 11:45 AM
Lightly modded

Originally Posted by Crusher103
I would love to meet up with him one day on the Dragon like in the spring before all the bikes get there. I'll need to pick up a second set of wheels and tires but it would be a blast.
I've already made the trip to the Dragon twice now...and that was all on blown out Konis/Eibachs. I would love to get down there again with all the new stuff on the car. Shall we say....early March?

Originally Posted by Crusher103
Of course nobody has done it yet because nobody really thinks about improving the steering response and the people that do just yell BUY A 99 RACK, and thats the end.
LOL. I put in a 97 SE rack and it did help out quite a bit, but I would still like something quicker. I wasn't aware the SE-R rack was so closely related to a 5th gen rack and also that much quicker. Now you really have me thinking....

Originally Posted by aackshun
I just re-did the pre-load and dampening on the dirty's coilovers, tail end is on skates now
Care to elaborate? The rear end on my car is still too stable for me, so much so that I'm considering only running R-comps on the front next season and my summer tires in the back. I have my BCs preload set to factory spec, what did you do differently?
Old 12-22-2014, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by D I R T Y I 3 0
Ok...my point is that the I30 was a good first car. But a family sedan chassis does not have the same potential to that of a sports car. If I want to have a car to be competitive in, I'm not going to buy a maxima because it would need too much work. However, if I want a reliable DD to tinker with then the maxima is a good choice.

I'm not calling out everyone on these forums, it happens in the MR2 crowd too. But I'm a person that likes to try different cars and meet people from different communities. Just don't be obnoxious about your own car because it's not the best thing in the world...but there are respectable examples of it.
Mine is....

Just get a good set of tires and a devil may care attitude and go bananas.

Originally Posted by 95maxrider
I've already made the trip to the Dragon twice now...and that was all on blown out Konis/Eibachs. I would love to get down there again with all the new stuff on the car. Shall we say....early March?

LOL. I put in a 97 SE rack and it did help out quite a bit, but I would still like something quicker. I wasn't aware the SE-R rack was so closely related to a 5th gen rack and also that much quicker. Now you really have me thinking....

Care to elaborate? The rear end on my car is still too stable for me, so much so that I'm considering only running R-comps on the front next season and my summer tires in the back. I have my BCs preload set to factory spec, what did you do differently?
Woah woah woah... All this rack talk?! Got me all excited here... I need to drive me a Spec-V then to find out.

I've never had decent tires or a square tire setup on any of my cars.

The rears are on the wear bars on the dirty which is why I think the tail comes out on the street, but I don't have awesome tires up front either which is unusual.

Anywho, I have about 3-4 (Around 10mm) threads of pre-load on the rear where as reccomended from BC IIRC is 2 threads (Around 6mm). 24 Clicks up on the front and 1 down from full rebound (or whatever the term is) stiffness on the rear.

The dirty is also on 10k front and 8k rear, but this is a moot point because you're in a 4th gen 8k/6k should be fine for that choppin cart.
Old 12-22-2014, 05:18 PM
Lightly modded

Originally Posted by aackshun
Woah woah woah... All this rack talk?! Got me all excited here... I need to drive me a Spec-V then to find out.

I've never had decent tires or a square tire setup on any of my cars.

The rears are on the wear bars on the dirty which is why I think the tail comes out on the street, but I don't have awesome tires up front either which is unusual.

Anywho, I have about 3-4 (Around 10mm) threads of pre-load on the rear where as reccomended from BC IIRC is 2 threads (Around 6mm). 24 Clicks up on the front and 1 down from full rebound (or whatever the term is) stiffness on the rear.

The dirty is also on 10k front and 8k rear, but this is a moot point because you're in a 4th gen 8k/6k should be fine for that choppin cart.
Well according to this thread on a B15 forum where a guy says:

I was looking at racks at different stores. Found out that the specv rack is different than the 1.8 racks. The 1.8 rack is 3 turns lock to lock, and weighs 15lb. The spec rack is 2.33 turns to lock and 12-13lb. Also the spec rack is about $150-$200 more than the 1.8 rack.

They use the same fittings for the power steering lines, but are the mounting points the same? Anyone know? I would love to run a 'tighter' rack if I could.

It also sounds like the mounting points are the same between the regular cars and Spec V. Even if this is a bit of work to get it to fit, it sounds like it would be fantastic!
Old 07-19-2015, 08:14 PM

Want to provide some closure to this thread.

Ended up buying a 1996 GS500E for my next ride. Have wanted a motorcycle for awhile now and decided to have the experience while I'm young. Taking the MSF next week and have bought leather gear from head to toe (minus the helmet of course).

I do see myself getting another MR2 in the distant future but for now I'm going to live my life on two wheels.

Name:  11700726_873692982679737_7048900403202333895_o_zpstbwwitzk.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  135.0 KB
Old 07-20-2015, 03:08 AM
Administrator

Not worth the experience dude. I've known people who have died on motorcycles. Get yourself back into a car asap. I had a bike for a few years too; too many close calls. Looking back, I regret putting my life at risk and worrying my family.
Old 07-20-2015, 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by The Wizard
Not worth the experience dude. I've known people who have died on motorcycles. Get yourself back into a car asap. I had a bike for a few years too; too many close calls. Looking back, I regret putting my life at risk and worrying my family.
Word. I already have a car for my commute to school and work. The bike will mainly be my weekend toy and for the occasional Friday commute. Besides, in MD the riding season is like 4 or 5 months