New Member Introductions New to Maxima.org? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum!

New Member in Northern Kentucky

Old 09-16-2016, 12:24 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

New Member in Northern Kentucky

Greetings,

I just purchased a Red 2005 Nissan Maxima SL yesterday. And yes, I know after reading some of the threads such as "Are the 6th Gen Maximas really as bad as they say" that I may well have bought a money pit.

So, it seems in reasonable shape and only has 103,000 miles on it. Interior is in good shape. Body needs some PDR and scuffs repaired (maybe buffing, maybe spot painting). Clean carfax, 4 owner.

Small dealer purchased it from an auction and put it up for sale at $4995. He had put a new AC compressor on it and all the refrigerant had leaked out between Saturday and Tuesday. He supposedly fixed the leak and said he would fix it again free if it went out within a couple months. One concern is that I asked about the receiver/dryer and if he replaced that. He didn't, which I think it is pretty much written in stone that when you open the system, you replace that. So, rolling the dice on that I guess.

Seems to run strong and shift smoothly. Tranny doesn't seem to slip but doesn't shift "hard" either. I will be checking the fluid color and probably doing a drain/fill in the very near future. Also will be having my shop do the plugs since it is right past the 100k mark.

Cheers,
Greg